Liaison Creative + Marketing

What people like
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

Worked as a long term contractor

Job Security/Advancement - as a contractor you never know all the time how long or short it may last. Thats just the way it is for contractors and pretty much any job really if you think about it. My contract was originally 12 months - dropped too 9 months and then lasted over 3 years - so its a toss up -and that has nothing to do with Liasion but more of who they place you with - Liasion can't control the time frame. The company was really great to work for and I never had any problems with reaching anyone if needed. I do recommend them if you are looking into doing design work as a contractor, sometimes it can be the best way to get into a place as well. When I was there, was offered benefits - which is a biggie as a contractor and it was pretty good I thought. Inline with most non-contract jobs and I think vacation was offered as well.

Pros

good pay & benefits & easy to contact

Cons

job term can change quickly

Great company, good benefits, lots of fun

I've worked at a lot of different places. Liaison feels like home. I've been here over 12 years - the longest I've worked anywhere. There is strong leadership with a clear vision and straight-forward, no nonsense approach. You know exactly what you are getting. They work hard to match your skills to a job where you will be successful. And you are treated like an adult and have the autonomy to chart your own course for success. The benefits are great - 100% employer paid option, plus 401k match.

Great Austin Original

Liaison Creative+Marketing has been an Austin original for 26 years. I love the connections it has with the creative industry and what it does in the community. The company is the right size where you are not just a number. The unique business model provides many advantages for creatives.

Pros

Great culture and stable business entity in Austin

Liaison is a good temp to perm agency for creatives

I worked for Liaison Creative for a couple of years on a long term contract placement at Xcel Energy (then New Century Energies). This was the only placement I received from them as after that I took on a full-time position elsewhere. They were responsive and matched my skills to a great position with a great company. They made sure I got paid on time. So I was happy.

Pros

easy to work with

Fun, lively and compassionate company

Everyone here is like family -- the support and camaraderie is infectious! We produce amazing marketing materials and love nothing more than to truly wow our clients. The only downside to working here is you'll never be able to watch commercials or view digital banners again without noticing little ways they could be improved upon... We are always looking to raise the bar with our marcom!

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

This place rocks!

Great management and leadership? CHECK! Fantastic benefits, including employer-paid medical and dental? CHECK CHECK! Fun work environment with great work/life balance? CHECK CHECK CHECK!! I've been working at Liaison for almost 2 years, and I can't think of a better fit for my personality and career goals. We're a small company, and that allows us to be more nimble in response to what our clients need. It's very refreshing not to be stuck in a big corporate machine! I plan to stick around as long as they'll have me!

Pros

Employer paid medical/dental, exposure to lots of clients on different projects, awesome PTO setup

Great company built on long-term relationships

I've worked for Liaison for almost 10 years, and feel extraordinarily lucky to be here. The company is agile and adaptive, serving a handful of corporate clients, and constellation of smaller firms in different locations in Austin and St Paul, MN. Each client location and team brings its own opportunities, challenges, cultures, and budgets so people's experiences across the organization will certainly vary. However, the overall Liaison culture is built on long-term relationships, so we as employees tend to experience an overall sense of appreciation from management, support from HR, good communication, and great benefits. As part of the HQ staff tasked with building those new relationships and maintaining the old, I'm struck by the ongoing success of our people-based business. And I LOVE my weird and hilarious HQ coworkers. Our management has found a way to keep the business human and honest in each of it's many deployments, while still being client-focused, agile, scalable, efficient, and of course profitable.

Pros

benefits, communication, management, work culture

Cons

the far-flung nature of our teams makes it harder to build a single coherent company culture

Great culture, solid foundation!

Working for Liaison has been such a wonderful experience. It's so nice coming to work everyday knowing I work with really talented people for a company who knows exactly where it wants to go and what it wants to represent. I love the different types of clients we get to work with and the different projects that come through our door. The culture is one of the best things about working here - fun, intelligent, supportive, open communication, solid management. Everyone here knows their stuff and wants only the best for the company.

Solid company with 24 years of history serving clients and employees

I have been part of the Liaison Creative + Marketing team for over three years. It is an amazing company that has a solid reputation in the markets it serves from small businesses to Fortune 100 companies. Liaison works hard to provide a meaningful experience as well as providing employee paid medical and dental along with a 401k plan with matching! Liaison takes an active part in the community sponsoring many local events to bring the creative community together.

Pros

Great benefits, social events, and accessibility to the leadership

Cons

Liaison place me with a client that allowed me to stretch my skill set.

Liaison place me with a client that used two tools that I had not used before and gave me a chance to come up to speed with these tools. In addition to the regularly scheduled work for the client, I had many opportunities to work directly with engineers to produce white papers. The white papers were my favorite part of the job.

Jobs at Liaison Creative + Marketing