Liaison Creative + Marketing

Liaison Creative + Marketing Employee Reviews

United States9 reviews
I've worked at a lot of different places. Liaison feels like home. I've been here over 12 years - the longest I've worked anywhere.
There is strong leadership with a clear vision and straight-forward, no nonsense approach. You know exactly what you are getting. They work hard to match your skills to a job where you will be successful. And you are treated like an adult and have the autonomy to chart your own course for success. The benefits are great - 100% employer paid option, plus 401k match.
Liaison Creative+Marketing has been an Austin original for 26 years. I love the connections it has with the creative industry and what it does in the community. The company is the right size where you are not just a number. The unique business model provides many advantages for creatives.
Pros
Great culture and stable business entity in Austin
I worked for Liaison Creative for a couple of years on a long term contract placement at Xcel Energy (then New Century Energies). This was the only placement I received from them as after that I took on a full-time position elsewhere.

They were responsive and matched my skills to a great position with a great company. They made sure I got paid on time. So I was happy.
Pros
easy to work with
Everyone here is like family -- the support and camaraderie is infectious! We produce amazing marketing materials and love nothing more than to truly wow our clients. The only downside to working here is you'll never be able to watch commercials or view digital banners again without noticing little ways they could be improved upon... We are always looking to raise the bar with our marcom!
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Great management and leadership? CHECK!

Fantastic benefits, including employer-paid medical and dental? CHECK CHECK!

Fun work environment with great work/life balance? CHECK CHECK CHECK!!

I've been working at Liaison for almost 2 years, and I can't think of a better fit for my personality and career goals. We're a small company, and that allows us to be more nimble in response to what our clients need. It's very refreshing not to be stuck in a big corporate machine! I plan to stick around as long as they'll have me!
Pros
Employer paid medical/dental, exposure to lots of clients on different projects, awesome PTO setup
I've worked for Liaison for almost 10 years, and feel extraordinarily lucky to be here. The company is agile and adaptive, serving a handful of corporate clients, and constellation of smaller firms in different locations in Austin and St Paul, MN. Each client location and team brings its own opportunities, challenges, cultures, and budgets so people's experiences across the organization will certainly vary. However, the overall Liaison culture is built on long-term relationships, so we as employees tend to experience an overall sense of appreciation from management, support from HR, good communication, and great benefits. As part of the HQ staff tasked with building those new relationships and maintaining the old, I'm struck by the ongoing success of our people-based business. And I LOVE my weird and hilarious HQ coworkers. Our management has found a way to keep the business human and honest in each of it's many deployments, while still being client-focused, agile, scalable, efficient, and of course profitable.
Pros
benefits, communication, management, work culture
Cons
the far-flung nature of our teams makes it harder to build a single coherent company culture
Working for Liaison has been such a wonderful experience. It's so nice coming to work everyday knowing I work with really talented people for a company who knows exactly where it wants to go and what it wants to represent. I love the different types of clients we get to work with and the different projects that come through our door. The culture is one of the best things about working here - fun, intelligent, supportive, open communication, solid management. Everyone here knows their stuff and wants only the best for the company.
I have been part of the Liaison Creative + Marketing team for over three years. It is an amazing company that has a solid reputation in the markets it serves from small businesses to Fortune 100 companies. Liaison works hard to provide a meaningful experience as well as providing employee paid medical and dental along with a 401k plan with matching! Liaison takes an active part in the community sponsoring many local events to bring the creative community together.
Pros
Great benefits, social events, and accessibility to the leadership
Cons
Liaison place me with a client that used two tools that I had not used before and gave me a chance to come up to speed with these tools. In addition to the regularly scheduled work for the client, I had many opportunities to work directly with engineers to produce white papers. The white papers were my favorite part of the job.