Libbey Employee Reviews

Loved talking and working with customers.
Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJuly 1, 2018
Go in do daily paperwork, take bank deposit to the bank, work on the floor with sale team, help stocking sales floor, help check out customers, make sure the customers are finding everything they need, check in inventory, help with the sales displays and anything else I see that needs to be done..
Productive and fast paced.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMay 29, 2018
Libbey was very fast paced, you had to be on your feet and couldn’t miss a beat when it came to libbey. When it was hot outside it was even hotter in the warehouse and when it was cold outside it was colder in the warehouse because the temperature there was non climate controlled.
Pros
Unlimited overtime
Cons
Point system
Fast paced
forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OhioMay 24, 2018
Libbey Glass was a very high production rate workplace, the temperature in the workplace was extremely hot in the summer because the glassware was made there, the hardsest part of the job I would say was staying hydrated
Pros
pay
Cons
breaks
Libbey Glass was fast paced
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 1, 2018
Libbey Glass is a fast paced assembly line where brand new made glassware and I would package each piece of glassware that came down the belt. it was a dangerous job also
Libbey is a very high tech. organization to work for in a competitive world wide industry that offered a wide spread of working knowledge in their bus
Drafter - Production Engineering Dept (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAApril 17, 2018
I performed various duties within the engineering dept. that gave me a wide variety of product experience I had never been exposed to and widened my realm of knowledge in the engineering industry. I enjoyed the team of co-workers and their willingness to share with others the things they needed to do their work.
Pros
Great compensation for experience brought to the job.
Cons
Part time positions eliminated throughout the company worldwide, at the beginning of the Afghanistan War.
Poor atmosphere
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHApril 9, 2018
Libbey has a very negative workforce. The atmosphere is dirty and smokey. You work swing shift all the time. I would not recommend Libbey to anyone, it was a negative experience for me.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
See my review
It's cool
Selector/Forklift driver/Service worker (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OH 43611March 22, 2018
It pays the bills and helps advance you.the longer your there the better the promotion. Get paid every week. You get 2 20 minutes breaks and a 30 minute lunch.
Pros
Weekly pay, benefits, vacation days paid and unpaid
Cons
Swing shift
I liked my job at Libbey
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAFebruary 21, 2018
I was laid off in 2012 when Libbey restructured and eliminated many jobs in my area. I enjoyed working at Libbey overall and it paid good as well. I hoped to retire from Libbey but it did not work out that way
Pros
Doys off during the week
Cons
Rotating shift schedule
Very Professional but Old Ways Die Hard
Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 14, 2018
Like the title. This place was a very progressive work environment hindered only by executives refusing to move into the 21st century. Half of the IT team got sacked after the CTO left due to disagreements with the Executive portion of the company when they refused to push for better technology.
Pros
Great work ethics and environment
Cons
Low rate of retention. No direction.
It's ok
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAFebruary 13, 2018
Stressful environment Union shop. Hot in the summer months. Poor employee morale. Good pay and very good insurance. Some good people on the management/ supervisor side
Good People and Loyal
Customer Relations Super../Pricing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 1, 2018
Great culture. Accepting a true family feel. My managers actually cared and were genuine people to help and develop your talents.

They had a good work life balance. Flexible with work from home and I felt appreciated every day
A great experanice
WAREHOUSE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJanuary 27, 2018
A large company with lots of moving parts. I enjoyed working at the manufacturing plant seeing things from raw materials to finished products, Wonderful learning experience for me.
Great company
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJanuary 6, 2018
Hated to leave this company, was there for 13 yrs but circumstances outside the job caused the reason I had to resign.would still be there to this day if I had my choice..great bosses to work for and a great working environment. The people I worked with we're great, like a family
Pros
Great experience
Very productive and profesional
Business Intern (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LA 71103December 19, 2017
Yet and still I just need for my resume to be updated at this very point and time. Most likely when I get a little extra spare time on my hands ill finish my review how its suppose to be.
Pros
great health and insurance plans
Cons
always hot
Everyone is just a badge number
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHDecember 16, 2017
There were a lot of great people I worked with. But as far as management and HR you are just a badge number and very replaceable. The schedule is very rough and not recommended if you have a family. But the pay and benefits are great. I do not recommend if you have any sort of sleep issue. But the work was easy, if you can deal with the rotating swing shift.
Pros
Pay, benefits, coworkers
Cons
Treated as replaceable
productive work enviroment
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 21, 2017
productive work enviroment that strives for safety and productivity. Good people and good management , good pay and good benefits . Locally started which is makes libbey a place full of pride
Stressful
Client Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 9, 2017
I would rather not say. Too many negative things happened while I was employed there. I regret not taking other job offers and taking my job with Libbey.
Pros
a lot of PTO
Cons
Poor management
N/a
Selector/BUQA (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAOctober 17, 2017
An okay place to work. It is not a place for everyone. If you enjoy working in a warehouse, with a very diverse group of people and in a temperature that is changes. It is majority hot.
I enjoyed driving a forklift.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 16, 2017
I enjoyed the forklift job. it was quick pace work. It was freezing in the winter and hot in the summer. I was at retirement age an retired. Now
I am trying to apply for a job at Libbey Glass Outlet.
Pros
Benefits, insurance and pay.
Cons
weather conditions and management.
Wouldn't expect for much.
Laser Machine Operator/Forklift Operator/Picker (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 14, 2017
Care about there profits more then care about there workers I work there 10 years swing shifts is not for everyone. Lack of direction to many Chief's not enough Indians .
Pros
It was a job
Cons
No benefits your just a number.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Libbey. Our community is ready to answer.