Liberty Arc Employee Reviews

Overall amazing job
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYFebruary 4, 2019
Not only does this job work with any other schedule you provide them wit, you make your hours if you choose, but the individuals you support are the best, and never feels like your working a job.
Best place I have ever worked
Live in assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYJanuary 29, 2019
Liberty is a fantastic company to work for. I worked there over 13 years and only left because I had to relocate. The hours can be very long and sometimes hard. Behaviors can be difficult at times but when you have the right group of staff this is made easier. I would go back and work for liberty anytime.. Great company and great people...
Pros
Paid vacation, full benefit package
Cons
Hours and challeges of the job
Satisfaction and rewarding
Assistant Habilitation Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Amsterdam,N NYSeptember 25, 2018
Very rewarding and satisfying working with individuals with intellectual disabilities . Each day is different and you are always learning something different
Benefits
Cons
Pay
It was good
DSP 2 (Former Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYJuly 6, 2018
I love what I do and myindividualthey teach me a lot off this years and I make sure that I make feel better and do my best in my job. My individual always call my supervisor and ask for me
Pros
Half hour lunch
Cons
15 minutes for break
workplace culture
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYMay 6, 2018
stressful work to many hours, constantly called in on your days off, no advancement
does not allow people to move up that worked there for a long time
management is terrible
did make some great friends while working there
Rewarding place to work
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Fort Plain, NYMarch 19, 2018
Nice company to work for! They do appreciate their employees. Great benefits if you need them. Very flexible to work around your personal needs. Its a rewarding career helping those with disabiliies live a quality life!
Pros
Flexable hours
Cons
under paid for work involved
A positive environment.
Associate Director of PR and Development (Current Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYJanuary 11, 2018
A great human service agency to work for. Being able to make a difference in the lives of others is truly rewarding.Liberty ARC cares about those they support as well as their employees.
Liberty Arc was a mediocre job personally
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYOctober 29, 2017
I just felt that it was all about how it looked the outside world and it generally was about the individuals care...I enjoyed working with behavioral individuals iam very good at intervening during a outburst and neutralizing the behavior
Pros
Working with people with disabilities
Cons
Staff
ups and downs
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYJuly 13, 2017
Liberty was a good place to work when they put the people first. Lately they have become more about the money and not caring what they do with there consumers. the best part of my job was working with the consumers but I hated all the politics that when on.
Pros
consumers
Cons
politics
Not worth the time or money
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYApril 11, 2017
For all the time taken away from your family this job is not worth it. They do not care if you have kids or a family, they expect you to put the agency first. So if you have a family don't bother applying. Also for the amount of time you put in and all the things you have to do it is not worth the $11 an hour.
challenging
Residential Assistant (Former Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYJanuary 9, 2017
This Field Was Very Challenging And Fun, Working With Different Types Of People And Personalities Made For A Positive And Fun Work Space .
Non-profit organization
Senior Habilitation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYDecember 1, 2016
A typical day a work would be providing medication to the individuals we support, providing care and comfort each and everyday. Preparing their meals.
Overnight personal (Former Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYOctober 31, 2016
At Liberty ARC the staff went out of their way most of the time to help the consumers. It was like a family arrangement working in the houses everyone eats together and spends time together.
Pros
home made meals
Cons
short breaks
Decent place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYOctober 25, 2016
I have been employed by this company for almost 10 years. I am an assistant manager in a residential home for adults with mental and physical disabilities.
Pros
Supporting the consumers.
Great people for a great cause
Marketing/Design Consultant (temporary employee) (Former Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYSeptember 22, 2016
I can truly say that this company very much so cares about both its employees as well as the people it provides services to. I was very happy to have worked there.
A mulitcultural environment where i can place where i can use all of my skills and education to benefit the needs of individuals
Behavior Intervention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYOctober 20, 2015
A day where I can have flexibility with clients and serve anyone in need. A fun workplace and supportive management is a bonus. Attendance at different trainings to keep up to date on the latest of medications and behavioral practices would be a benefit. Working as a team with my colleagues is a must and would help to grow any institution.
I enjoy the individuals I support
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Amsterdam New YorkOctober 9, 2015
I was able to teach a new skill and/or assist in the continued development of a skill. I did have tough moments but the great moments out weighted the tough ones.
Pros
Outings
Cons
Inclement weather and weekend shifts
A great place to work
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYApril 15, 2015
A great place to work, learned that everyone is different with different need, co workers all did teamwork, supervisor always tried to be available and would find out answered to questions if she herself didn't know the answers.
Pros
outings, free lunches
Cons
short breaks
i love my job
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYApril 12, 2015
the last five years i have been here it has been amazing. There is nothing i can say bad about this company and the people that work there.
respectful and nice
dsp (Current Employee) –  amsterdam nyApril 3, 2015
a typical day at work would consist of me coming in at 6am every morning to prepare breakfast and assist all residents in getting ready for their day. ive learned how to be patient with people who have disablitlies and who are just misunderstood. The team at my residential home are great i love everyone i work with. the hardest part of my job is dealing with the behaviors a few might have. the most enjoyable is seeing the smile on all of our residents faces and knowing that what you do is worth it through all of the rough times.