Liberty Bank

Liberty Bank Employee Reviews

I was informally promised an advancement while interviewing but it never materialized. Once you are in at a level - don't expect to advance. Pay was about 10-15% below industry standard and they acknowledge it but won't change it. Good place to work if you just want to punch a time clock and stay where you are professionally.
Pros
Good people
Cons
low pay and little advancement opportunity
This job can work depending where you are. Some branches discriminate employees and customers. A lot of pettiness and retaliation also. Great bank in terms of products but the people that work there aren’t the best co workers and if your new can be very discouraging. Everyone has own agendas. Horrible experience.
Salary increases are very little and not that often. There's no room for growth to move up in the company. You currently float from bran h to branch without any prior notice
Cons
No salary increases
Their culture was fun, I met several people in leadership roles who were lovely and embodied everything that the company stands for. I was hired and loved my job, and then a few months later they hired a few new additions to the personnel that were not a culture fit and quickly changed my experience. The HR dept is a bit sour, which makes advancement for those outside of their inner circle near impossible.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Was a great company to work in great community bank. I loved the employers and management. i would also suggest to keep moving up in the company. awm
Disregard this review, I was not hired by Liberty Bank directly. The City of Middletown had placed me at Liberty Bank for their Youth work program they had.
Great company with comp, benefits and back office support. Branch support. Manager and upper mgmt. Branch supervisor accommodating with scheduling and operation of the branch.
I really enjoyed working for Liberty Bank. As a whole it has a solid sense of who it is currently and who it wants to be. The people who work there usually stay there for a long time. I recommend back office positions more so than sales or branch work. Sales and referrals will be a LARGE portion of your success in the later positions and I do not think that is made very clear when you interview, but that probably varies from location to location. They are committed to training their employees and offer very competitive benefits. The pay structure matches local industry standards. I feel I was able to maintain a very equitable work life balance.
They are no longer in existence due to the bank being bought out by Simmons Bank. They eliminated the department and consolidated everything to Arkansas.
A very professional place to work. Customers were given good service. The service was given with good attitudes and a personal touch for the customer
Pros
A comfortable place to work
Micromanagement at its finest from the CEO. CEO requests the same things of multiple people without any communication. His management style is frustrating and will wear on you. The lack of communication from the mortgage department is extremely frustrating as well. The mortgage manager is taking on many of the attributes of the CEO (and not in a good way).
Pros
Most other managers are excellent
Cons
EXTREME lack of communication
Just wasn't the job for me. The pay is probably below average for a bank, the hours are decent. There's not a lot of room for advancement unless someone retires.
Working at Liberty Bank was just a job I needed. Was not a place I wanted to continue my career. I stayed there till I could find a job more suitable to my liking.
Nice place to work but no directive or chance to move up. Management didn't keep employees up to date on what was happening in the various departments
Working in Liberty Bank was the beginning of my career. Initially it was interesting job, but all i could learn there was very few. I am happy that I agreed working in Liberty bank, because it gave me opportunities to grow up as a worker and find a better job. It was a good beginning.
I was recruited to work at Liberty Bank away from my previous career in radio advertising. It was wonderful until a buyout began by the now Simmons Bank and after 6 months, became a difficult experience for someone new that made a career change.
I worked here temporarily as I was going to school at night to prepare for a different career path and I always say if I wasn’t passionate about what I was going to school for I would have stayed and worked my way up through this company. It is very well structured and management cares a lot about the people that work there.
I was able to walk away from this job having met a lot of great people that I actually still communicate with today. It was a great experience for me and it's the job that started my banking career.
Liberty Bank was a good financial institution, they wee a small savings bank that always put the customers first. They had lots of giveaways for customer and employees benefited as well.
Pros
Good employees
Cons
Management wasn't fair in making decisions for advancement
Six day work week No set schedule. Was told only two Saturdays per month but was put on the schedule more. No consistency amongst employees when it came to policies and procedures. And everyone was afraid to make risk based decisions on their own. Constant fear of being terminated.
Pros
Phenomenally Customer focused company.
Cons
Empowerment of decision making. Inconsistent work schedules and duties.
I enjoyed it being small so that I could get to know the customers by name and was able to help them more individually. It is a great company for advancement and was encouraged to gain new skills.
Pros
Diversity in the days responsibilities.
Cons
The culture changed.
  1. Employee Reviews