Liberty Hardware Employee Reviews

Material Handler I (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCMarch 12, 2019
Liberty Hardware is a great place to work. Liberty did a great job with teaching the interns different areas of Liberty and including them in several different activities. The workplace culture is laid back and very comfortable. I enjoyed working there and I learned alot.
Pros
Great culture, flexible schedules, work/life balance
Cons
Pay is average
Loved my job
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMarch 11, 2019
Very friendly company. Generous travel and expense allowance which made travel much more pleasant. Heavy understanding when family issues occurred . Working for Liberty helped me get my job with Masco
Pros
Traveling
Cons
Getting laid off
Great place to work for
Quality Change Agent & Doc. Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 27, 2019
Great benefits, work and life balance. Great place to work for
good place to develop and improve, with various manufactured products to learn about and gain skills
Pros
Educational assistance
Cons
Needs to improve wages
Good Overall Compensation Package - Company Rewards Cut Throat Management Practices
Senior National National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCNovember 6, 2018
Good overall compensation package and team collaboration with coworkers & cross functional departments. Big downside is that the company rewards cut throat management practices,which are extremely unproductive and demoralizing.
Pros
Good Compensation & Team Collaboration
Cons
Rewards Cut Throat Management Practices
Very work Friendly
Reach Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCNovember 4, 2018
Great place to work . a very fast paced job they will train on every equipment and in every area you will be station at. co-workers are very nice and friendly
Pros
breaks
Cons
have to be able to keep up a fast pace
Amazing place to work at
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 9, 2018
Best job I had, it’s an amazing place to work . Great co-workers as well and it’s a really clean working place one of the best parts of it. Pay rate it’s great as well
Good place to work at as long as you stay busy and do your job it will be easy and laid back
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Kernersville, NCAugust 14, 2018
If you are looking for somewhere to start a career liberty is a great place to look into. They have great benefits and the work environment is fun and energetic
Fun place to work with pool table
QUALITY TESTING ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJuly 7, 2018
Great place to work. More advancement opportunities for my skillset needed. Other opportunities are good for other career fields. With new products, comes greater responsibilities and opportunities.
Boring, and laborious(if you were in recieving)
Recieving (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJuly 6, 2018
Offers a few amenities that most other companies don't, but often treats receiving unfairly by denying overtime, yet offering it to other departments.
Pros
off holidays, plenty engaging meetings w/ food
Cons
relatively low pay, employees are heavily taxed, almost impossible to become perm if starting out a temp
great place to work
Group Leader (Current Employee) –  Salem, NCJune 21, 2018
overall Liberty its a Great place to work. help you grown and you get promoted if you deserved. recommend this job to everybody. I will like to thanks liberty for the opportunity and all the knowledge I get working with you.
I like working at Liberty Hardware
Data Synchronization Analyst (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMarch 2, 2018
cutting edge technology
improvement oriented
very collaborative environment
management responsive to employee concerns
clean work environment
celebrates most holidays
Pros
considers employees to be an asset
Great Job
Call Center/Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 11, 2018
The staff there is very friendly and the work atmosphere is great.Everyone really works together as a team.You are never in one place real long, you may be in the warehouse fixing a printer one minute and at your desk the next helping someone fix their computer on the phone.
Pros
people, atmosphere
Cons
Room for improvement
EDI Analyst (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 7, 2018
I worked here years back in 2006, thus my opinion is based on that time. During that time it lacked job advancement, and the job culture was very 'political'.
Pros
Flexible schedule during summer hours
Cons
lack of advancement
Great Place to Work
Market Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 28, 2017
I really enjoyed my time at Liberty and the relationships I made with my coworkers. The work life balance was great and I learned a lot from my managers.
Wouldn't recommend
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCNovember 17, 2017
Training is horrible. Immature managers/lead. Too quick to point out flaws, but not quick enough to help you correct them. If you want to settle for anything, this is the perfect job for you. Good luck.
Hard Working People
Channel Marketing Manager Home Hardware (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCOctober 13, 2017
Liberty is a great place to work but you can get burnt out, because the expectations are a bit unreasonable, it is difficult to ever get ahead because you are always behind no matter how hard you work. But the people are very nice in general, salary is low but benefits are good.
excelente lugar de trabajo
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJune 8, 2017
Muy bueno tienes muchas oportunidades de crecer dentro de la compañía
Pros
beneficios a los empleados
Good Place To Work
Credit Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 30, 2017
I have been with Liberty Hardware for the last 11 years. Everyone is great to work with. Liberty is family oriented and has great benefits. They go out of their way to make sure that every employee is happy working there.
Great Company
Sr. Packaging Engineer-Contract (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 26, 2017
Wonderful company with great teamwork and agressive speed to market mentality. Stocks and profits are only increasing and the majority of packaging is from Asian sorced and valued vendors.
Pros
Good Benifits
Cons
Working different aspects of business areas, some launch some not.
Not bad, but not good.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMarch 26, 2017
I worked as a material handler there for a few months as a temp, and I have to say the work there was very boring and tedious, but simple. All you had to do was stack boxes that came off a conveyor belt neatly and wrap them up for 8 and half hours. It gets stressful when there a ton of boxes that needed to be taken care of. Also, the higher ups were pretty strict about things. They didn't like it if you weren't busy, even if you were waiting for the next assignment and had literally nothing else to do. They definitely didn't like you sitting down either so if you don't like long periods of standing, you may not like this job.
Pros
Job is super simple and easy to do.
Cons
Boring and tedious.