Liberty Healthcare Companies Employee Reviews

Wonderful company
Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  NCDecember 19, 2018
Liberty is a wonderful company and they have great ideas but the workload is to much. There were to many meetings and to many required daily/weekly/monthly reports it was just unreal. I was in a management role but wanted to be hands on as well all I really had time for reports because there were so many.
Pros
Patients
Cons
Reports and paperwork
Only work here if you're desperate!
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCNovember 27, 2018
Worked in housekeeping and it was the worst experience ever! Coworkers are cool but the housekeeping/maintenance supervisor is a pervert creep! He makes inappropriate comments and makes you feel very uncomfortable. The office staff is also unprofessional they ALL need to be replaced immediately!!
Pros
Breakfast and lunch
Stressful & Unprofessional
Director (Former Employee) –  Matthews, NCNovember 4, 2018
Unfortunately, the residents are not the priority, the census is...I get it, it is a for profit so you must focus on increasing revenue. However, the business is.....taking care of families and their loved ones. The complaints received from families are true, staff is rude, food choices are limited at best. Certain people have privileges to say and do whatever to their peers and corporate says nothing to correct this behavior. It's sad because the residents suffer from the high turnover of key employees.
Pros
Rehab is phenomenal
Cons
stressful, underpaid, gossip, backstabbing among employees
No advancement
Employee (Former Employee) –  NCNovember 1, 2018
The only way you will make sufficient money is being a department head. When asking for a raise the answer was always “it’s not currently in the budget”. There was no teamwork, and employees were trying to be the manager. I wouldn’t recommend this place of employment to anyone.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
No advancement
Kernersville location
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kernersville, NCOctober 24, 2018
The Liberty company itself is an awesome company been with them 3yrs but the administration in the places is HORRIBLE... your lucky if you get paid correctly, I’ve worked at 2 different facilities and their all the same but Kernersville is at the top of unprofessionalism and lack of concern for their employees
Cons
Short staffed, management
Horrible place to work - stay away
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCOctober 8, 2018
Management is poor, very cut throat, and employees are tremendously overworked creating them to be burnt out and unmotivated to do a good job for the residents. I would never put a relative there knowing how management treat the residents. I saw one woman run out of money for her rent and she was packed up and put out in the hallway with her suitcase like a dog. No consideration for her health whatsoever. Stay away!
Beware
Nursing (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCSeptember 1, 2018
The expectation on nurses is unrealistic. The company and managers do not care about the residents or the employees. The only thing that matters to them is the money. Very unsafe nursing with high resident ratio on various halls.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Put your license on the line
Overworked and underpaid
Employee (Current Employee) –  Warrenton, NCAugust 31, 2018
As a current employee, I have to say that there is no appreciation for staff. The expectations for the nursing staff continues to grow with little or no help. Documentation has taken priority over the care of the residents. Nursing continuity does not exist. Whatever one nurse starts, ie. Patient admissions, the on coming nurse will either expect the nurse going off shift to complete or will get to it when they can, but most of the time it's not completed at all. There is no home life....on days off, ur called to come in to complete something that the nursing staff could have completed or someone has called out. There is absolutely no CONTINUITY!!! U have no life outside of the job. And heaven forbid if you call out because ur sick...
Pros
Not many
Cons
Broken lunch breaks, no time for documenting, no help when needed
Positive chapter
Accounts Receivable Representative (Former Employee) –  Whiteville, NCAugust 14, 2018
Great culture and learned a lot from management. Friendly staff that manages a plethora of accounts. Frequent recognition, the staff is also like a family.
Poor management covers it all
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 11, 2018
Poor management covers it all. Can’t manage hours relative to patient needs - plays favorites with staff - inconsistent expectations- negative atmosphere
Quality Focus
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SCJuly 9, 2018
Company with a heart for what we do and the people we employ. Always going the extra mile to make sure we are providing quality services and products while valuing employees. Over 17 years of employment with the company has afforded me multiple career advances, professional enrichment and support as well as an excellent benefit package.
I feel fully supported in my role and also that my voice is heard when I see opportunities to do something in a more efficient or effective way.
From the top down, Liberty is a great company to be a part of!
Pros
Quality Focus, Employee Support/Satisfaction and Retention Focus, Excellent Benefit Package
Cons
Some coworkers fun to work with
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJuly 8, 2018
Supervisor is a creep manager is prejudice office people are not professional looking they also don't want to be confronted with truth and honesty
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Office and supervisor
Poor Management
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJuly 5, 2018
Poor management. Only concerned about the “numbers”. You are not valued as an employee. Lack of diversity. Staff members who are not qualified to be in management positions.
Never get evaluations on time therefore you get no raise, have to find your own coverage If you want to use your PTO,
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJune 27, 2018
Management doesn't help when you're short staffed but expects all the work to get done, management doesn't try to find any help when someone calls out, the employees who do their work and don't stand around talking to each other or on their phones are treated poorly compared to the staff that stands around talking.
Pros
The patients
Cons
Salary, work load
No work life balance!
Mgmt (Former Employee) –  NCJune 24, 2018
Poor communication with employees, mgmt never fully open and honest with staff. Always withholding info re: job structure and staffing changes. Created distrustful feelings with staff.
Pros
Great team of employees
Cons
Unappreciated for the sacrifices one makes for the job!
Summetstone Of Kernersville Residents are definitely not getting the care that they are paying for
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kernersville, NCJune 23, 2018
They don't care about their residents. They care even less about their employees. The staff is overwhelmed with the amount of residents they care for.
Pros
Most of the residents are great to care for
Cons
Your hard work goes unnoticed, Administration could care less about the struggles of employees and residents
Liberty Healthcare
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMarch 10, 2018
Repetitive accounting work with no desire to automate, no possibility of advancement and below market wages. Environment is friendly and co-workers are dedicated and work hard for the ownership.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Compensation, no advancement
Account Receivable
A/R Processor (Former Employee) –  1006 Carthage St, Sanford, NCJanuary 24, 2016
Worked remittance advises for Medicare, Medicaid, Commercial Insurance Companies and Contract Staffing, Called insurance companies to verify benefits and check status on claim. Worked with wonderful director of Billing Department and co-workers as we all worked together as a team to meet quotas. Part of quality care team. Hardest part of this position was getting laid off when they closed the division I was working with. I enjoy knowing I am resolving problems and processing account receivables
Pros
Great director and coworkers
Cons
Losing job after the company closed the department I was in.
An excellent company to work for.
Facilities Maintenance/ Warehouse Operator (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCDecember 23, 2013
From fixing drywall,plumbing, electrical,ceiling tiles, climbing ladders, moving desks, moving offices, collecting patient records.

I alsohad a warehouse to store 10-12 years of patients records and had to pull records if audited.

Shipping and receiving of medical supplies on pallets, breakthen down, check off order list, scan the items in and locate appropriate locatin in ware hous and disperse. Fill nurses orders when the fax form, pull items, box them and ship via UPS to their current locations. I was in vovled in inventory as well.

I prided my self on the speed and accuracy of the orders I filled.

Management was great. i learned more about how Medicare and Medicaid worked in covering supplies but the hardesr part was having to move an office with 25 desks with a hand cart, tough work but I liked it.
Pros
I had an hour lunch and a compny van, so a little freedom.
Cons
sometimes the orders would get overwhelming, but thats what perserverance is for right.
Great family run business
Manager (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMay 22, 2013
Great family run organization. Very interested in not having employee turnover