Liberty Healthcare Companies
43Low

Liberty Healthcare Companies Employee Reviews

United States65 reviews
DON non-appreciative, unprofessional, & "clickish" with certain employees. Corporate untrustworthy. DON Ready to place on blame other staff for their mistake. CNAs, Nursing, Therapies are only as good as their DON & corporate will let them be at any facility.
Large company with great values for employees and customers. I feel that I was given the ability to grow professionally throughout my time with Liberty.
underpaid. No respect, minimal training, yearly Evals are always late and minimum raise is given always if at all. cant apply to in-house positions, will be told no you can’t leave your position. PTO days are prevented In any way possible. Mgmt won’t get help when short staffed & they don’t know how to do the job, but expect you to do multiple jobs for one pay check. So much favoritism & discrimination.
Money Hungry, still has roll up beds in facilities but yet they make millions of dollars. Robbing the elders to make they pockets fatter. Judgement day is coming!!!!
Cons
Good, soild family owned company. Honest, high level of integrity. Management is amazing. Administrator is wonderful and compassionate. Community is well run.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Liberty is the worst company I’ve ever worked for. Management is all about themselves and no one else. They do not care about their employees they’re all overworked and underpaid. They expect their employees to do a job that they can’t explain and give them proper training on. What a joke.
Pros
It paid the bills
Cons
Everything else
I work Monday through Friday and I could not ask for better coworkers! My supervisor is very responsive and willing to help out as needed! Very supportive group to work with!
DON clearly had zero business being in charge of anything. We often found inaccurate reports completed with wrong info or completed prior to patients arrival to facility.
Low salaries. Poor benefits. Huge staff turnover with frontline staff
South Bay suffers from low morale and a distrusting culture due to sustained mismanagement and poor leadership. The campus director’s awkward social graces and limited ability mean their leadership style is influenced by dishonesty, paranoia and insecurity. Undermining competent employees viewed as a threat to their position is a regular occurrence. Butt kissers, no matter how lazy or ineffective, are rewarded. Communication with subordinates is terrible. Aloofness and coldness is the norm, even with residents, which may help explain why the community is not even half full. Offending customers, vendors, and staff tends not to lead to success. It does not speak well of the company that they have such poor leadership at a community of South Bay’s caliber.

South Bay has already turned over nine members of the executive team since they opened a little over a year ago. My advice to professionals seeking management positions in senior living is to stay away. This is not a place you will feel inspired, fulfilled or rewarded.
Pros
residents
Cons
leadership, morale, stability, culture
Blatantly fraudulent practices forced by corporate rehab managers forcing all patients to be put in the highest reimbursement category. Written up if therapy minutes were not met. Written up for being too emotional after being verbally abused by patients and families. Written up for calling managers out on their fraudulent practices. Told to break 75 minute treatments up throughout the day while having upwards of 13 patients to see. expected to use timer and only allowed to count time patient is engaged in activity then expected to work off the clock to meet productivity. CNA fired for reporting scabies in the building...the list goes on and on and on...STAY AWAY FROM THIS CIRCUS. I'm sure this is not at all what the founders of the original pharmacy had envisioned for their company.
RUN! Business office manager is a joke!! Hardly any training, she'll like you for awhile until you are friendly with other staff members or when you step up to the plate when their receptionist quits. When she starts to feel intimidated, she will make your day,every.day a living nightmare. She will lie on you to the Administrator and then write you up,never of you are due a review/raise, good luck took me 7 months.after to get mine, then they fire youaccepts her role in helping you,then she fires you. This place
Very quirky administration! Young inexperienced Administrator takes on entire building like a bull dog and has caused all new and experienced nurses to leave. Bad working environment. The Doctor and NP/PA are very difficult and spiteful to the patients causing delay in care. DON new to the job and has no idea what to do so administrator runs the show. Bad place all the way around!!
This is a very peaceful and healthy place to work at. If you love helping people and calm, open minded environments, this is for you. I loved coming to work everyday knowing it was going to be a good day to make our patients feel better
Sadly, just don’t waste your time. There are some really great people working for LHC, but the company itself is lacking in so many areas that it is almost impossible to get anything done. Very limited processes/procedures in place.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
From management to your supervisor they do not and will not community with u unless you call them and ask them as a CNA. You are not important you have no way of knowing anything as far as when your coworkers is on vacation or just out for the day unless your patient tell you because the company has not stepped up to allow the CNAs to have a simple email. I would tell aides to run from this place..
No teamwork, hours get cut, and they hired 2 people at what I had to work 90 days to get in pay right from the start. They never bumped my pay up. Was told that I would be fired because I had a worker's comp case out on them by my supervisor. Not a fair place to work for at all.
This place is very unorganized. They will throw you to the wolves. If you are the night nurse you are the only nurse for the entire facility. You have a med aid on 3rd and 1st floor. 2nd floor needs at least 1 med aid on the rehab hall but the manager won't hire one because she gets a salary increase if she stays under the budget. Passing meds and doing the treatments are stressful and you are oftenften over 2 hours late. The manager oversees nursing even though shes never been a nurse. Do not send family here. It's a family owned business they have they're own pharmacy so they literally have enough money to fix these things but wont do it because they are greedy
I would not recommend this company. They pay the minimum amount for most positions. Pay increases are below cost of living increases for most employees.
Benefits
Cons
Poor Management Support
My time at Liberty was filled with demanding schedules coupled with inept and unscrupulous administrators. From the administrator that was taking money from departmental budgets for himself to the administrator that is married to the owners sister, Liberty has a way of putting unqualified and immoral people in leadership roles. They overwork their nursing staff and support staff, cut budgets and staffing all so they can get the big bonuses at the end of the year. Liberty is not a good company to work for unless you are a corporate employee.
Horrible. Horrible environment. They keep the nursing administration that could care less what happens to the residents. They do away with employees that do the right thing. There’s no moral compass here.
All this company cares about is money starting in Corporate all the way down to the nursing facilities Couldn’t care less about employees Money hungry
Pros
Fellow employees
Cons
Company as a whole from start to finish
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Liberty Healthcare Companies. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9