Liberty Healthcare Corporation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Dedicated to provide excellent resident care and staff development
President and COO (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJuly 9, 2018
Quality Assurance programs to ensure the best resident care at level from senior management to the hands on care employees.

Family oriented to recognize the commitment of spouses as well as the employees.
DC Quality Review: Great place to realize your potential
Project Director (Current Employee) –  District of ColumbiaJuly 9, 2018
I've been involved in the DC Quality Review Program since it's inception. While the work is challenging in that it requires critical analyses of various facts, and then determining if providers meet required standards, based on this analysis; it is rewarding to see providers of the DC HCBS waiver program improve from one review to the next. The review team members are very supportive of each other, and collaborate with each other constantly in order to insure determinations are accurate. As a result, our appeal rate is very low, and the District is pleased with the consistency we apply to each of the reviews so that certification achieved by providers is based on a consistent standard. The Corporate staff at Liberty are very supportive, and supply quick and helpful information, and advice when asked. They listen to our issues when we bring them up and help us work toward a solution. While working in the District has its challenges, mainly crowds and traffic, it also provides a rich, and varied environment in which to live and work. I like that the workplace and work schedule is varied- you don't have to be in an office setting every day of the week. While we all want to make more money, Liberty salaries for this program are competitive with many similar human services positions both in the government and private sectors in the metropolitan area. I've worked in many settings across the country and this is one of my favorites.
Pros
Getting use to the traffic, parking, crowds in the city proper
Cons
Working under a contract that goes out out to competative bid every few years
Corporate Office - Bala Cynwyd, PA
Vice President Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Bala-Cynwyd, PAJuly 6, 2018
Liberty boasts that they give you the "Freedom to Succeed" and that is very true. This is a company that rewards hard work and dedication with career advancement and continuous learning opportunities. It is also a company that rewards loyalty, which today is a rare occurrence.

As someone who started in an entry level position and has worked my way up, I would recommend this company to anyone who wants to stand out and be rewarded for a job well done.
Would recommend
Independent Assessor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 29, 2018
There was a lot of support from manager and positive feedback. Senior management and direct management provided a very supportive and positive work environment. It was difficult to complete work without working a lot of extra hours, however, much of this could be done at home and offered a lot of flexibility. You have a lot of independence, as you work from home (i.e., no office) and travel to clients homes, and a little isolating at times.
Pros
Supportive/positive environment
great people
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 11, 2018
great place to work. not a lot of room for advancement. management is very courteous and kind. patients has the best hospitality. coworkers are willing to lend a hand
Great Corp Office
Computer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMay 2, 2018
Been with the company for a few years. Great company. Very personal corporate office. Everyone know everyone which makes it nice to feel welcomed when the CFO knows about your life and asks how your morning is daily.

Pay could be a little more but there are many parties which makes it enjoyable and feel appreciated with bi monthly meetings.
Pros
Welcoming, personal
The direct co-workers made this job worth it.
Provider Help Desk Representative (Former Employee) –  Bala-Cynwyd, PAMay 2, 2018
I was terminated while off on FMLA.
Co-workers and onsite management were quick to help when assistance was needed and direct you to the documentation where the answers could be found.
Pros
Direct managers and staff were pleasant to work with.
Cons
Upper management showed a lack of communication.
Official response from Liberty Healthcare Corporation
May 11, 2018

Thank you for your feedback and we apologize for the lack of communication you felt you received from Liberty.

We want to know more about what happened so we can take the necessary steps to ensure that all our staff receive the support they need from their management.

Please contact Human Resources, Monday – Friday from 9:00 am – 5:30 pm EST, camille.tanner@libertyhealth.com or 610.668.8800 ext. 123.

Maine On-Call Physician Assistant - Augusta
Supervisor, PA per diem group. (Current Employee) –  Augusta, MEApril 24, 2018
The perfect work situation for a PA looking to moonlight. Minimal paperwork and a call room for sleeping. Job requires confidence in (general medical) clinical knowledge, wisdom and attention to detail. Must be able to interact professionally and pleasantly with a variety of staff and interesting patients in psychiatric inpatient setting.
Pros
Sleep on the job.
Cons
The rare shifts of little sleep.
Job responsibilities bounced around based on current pain points
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDApril 21, 2018
High turnover and not much chance of advancement. Manager was not clear on job responsibilities kept moving the goal posts. Needed to make job responsibilities reverse engineered from the client end users backwards through their workflow from beginning to end.
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
putting out fires trying to convert an old database to a new one.
Liberty Healthcare Corporate Office - Bala Cynwyd, Pennsylvania
Corporate Office (Current Employee) –  Bala-Cynwyd, PAApril 13, 2018
Throughout my employment with Liberty Healthcare, I have come to truly appreciate how rewarding the company and services are. Liberty provides a wide array of health and human services to people throughout the United States. One of the best things about working for Liberty is the abundant variation of services that are provided. We serve people in their homes and communities as well as in hospitals and specialized treatment settings. We help people who have physical and mental illnesses get better. We serve people who have disabilities – ensuring they receive vital services, are safe, well-cared for and live as independently as possible.

Colleagues are absolutely what make my job so enjoyable. Working as a member of the main office in Philadelphia, I interact daily with Liberty employees both at the corporate level and at the various program levels and disciplines. Despite the diversification in positions and distance of locations, employees are always able to connect on a one-to-one basis, working in collaboration as part of a team. Every member of Liberty is a valuable part of the organization – and it really shows through each person’s dedication to the company and the quality of the services provided!
Pros
Quality of provided services, great coworkers, flexible hours, and supportive environment.
Cons
Transparency of upper-level management, costly health benefits
CA San Bernardino Jail Mental Health Services-West Valley/West Valley Dentention Center/SB County Sheriffs Dept
Correctional Mental Health Clinician (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino County, CAMarch 23, 2018
A typical day for CMHS clinician is depending on how many hours you work, for me I work 8 hours per day, I must see at least 12 patients per day however that is a give or take. At times I see 16, at times I may be only to see 7 depending on circumstances. I have assigned units and I also will work in Suicide Watch where I am responsible for assessing/clearing patients from SW. Some of my dueite I have enjoyed the management and a have a great working relationship with my supervisor. This a great place to learn about corrections and the prison process. Challenges have included working with custody and having to help them understand MH services but the Sheriffs dept has been open to working together with MH. Our program have awesome MH deputies. The people I work with is most enjoyable part. I am also very satisfied with my work hours and despite many changes to schedules, management has been able to honor my schedule that was offered to me when I was hired.
Pros
free lunchs, Pto, great colleagues
Cons
healthcare, unknown potential for raises, no paid holidays
a typical day at work
Clinician (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMarch 23, 2018
I get an early start; preparation; provide genuine patient specificity and humanistic approach and commit to make difference with patients; coworkers.
Snf
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Matthews, NCMarch 8, 2018
Assisted PT in exercise, balance and gait programs. Also provided patient's with modalities of e-stim, US and diathermy as needed. Management was great and the staff was very team oriented.
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bala-Cynwyd, PAMarch 2, 2018
Since I started working at Liberty in July, I have had nothing short of an exceptional work experience. My management is supportive on a professional and personal level. They encourage my career growth and creativity. My co-workers are amazing in and out of the office. Everyone is willing to help each other without hesitation, listen to each other, and work as a team towards the company's goals. Overall, Liberty is a great organization to work for and has the potential for organizational growth.
Pros
career growth, management support, awesome co-workers
Cons
Outdated tech and processes
Corporate Office - Bala Cynwyd, PA
Senior Recruiting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bala-Cynwyd, PAFebruary 27, 2018
I have been employed with Liberty for several years at the corporate office. Liberty is a very close-knit workplace, where everyone is willing to help / assist. This fosters a great working culture - making the office feel like family.
Liberty offers a good personal : professional life balance.
Pros
Great coworkers, understanding management, flexible hours, and supportive environment.
Cons
Healthcare benefits are on the more expensive end of the spectrum.
Illinois Treatment and Detention Facility – Rushville, IL
Clinical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Rushville, IllinoisFebruary 26, 2018
I work on a small team (5-6 clinicians supervised by 1 managing clinician). I value the team approach, as I always have support and direction in my clinical responsibilities. I have found Liberty Healthcare Corporation to be responsive to my input in regards to clinical training ideas. Corporate staff appear to care about my professional development in terms of training and career advancement. I have found the administrative staff at this facility to be highly supportive of me in terms of clinical direction and professional growth. I appreciate the flexibility that administration allows me to create an accommodating work schedule. I find the compensation in terms of salary and paid time off to be above average for this area.
Pros
Flexibility, Supportive, Collaborative, Training Opportunities, Career Advancement, Responsive Administration
NC Independent Assessor-Southeastern NC Region
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 25, 2018
As an Independent Assessor at Liberty, I am able to work near my home and visit one on one with the beneficiary. Liberty is a very organized and professional company with priority being customer service. As an employee, I am also considered a customer. The management team works diligently to offer support and training to its employees and make you feel like part of the team on day one of employment.
Illinois Treatment and Detention Facility – Rushville, IL
Clinical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Rushville, ILFebruary 21, 2018
A typical work day at the IDHS Illinois Treatment and Detention Facility in Rushville, IL is fast-paced, energizing, and challenging. The workplace culture is professional and strives to maintain quality moral and ethical standards and accountability of its employees. Liberty encourages clinical staff to explore and expand professional interests in a widely diverse forensic setting comprised of residents with paraphilias, personality, mood, and thought disorders, high psychopathy, trauma, ASD, hidden disabilities, and a wide rang of abilities and talents. The facility promotes a non-shaming work environment that has enabled me to gain the skills and knowledge necessary to take risks, work with confidence, gain independence, and trust my professional instincts and judgments. I find my strengths and abilities (compassion, adaptability, flexibility, and optimism) to be a perfect match for my position. One of the most meaningful and rewarding parts of this job is the role it allows me to play in making a positive difference in people's lives, of both offenders and victims (and their families) with the ultimate goal of reducing violence and making society a safer place for all of us.
Pros
four (10 hour day) work schedule, collaborative and supportive environment, promote personal, physical, and professional development, monetary reimbursement for training, attendance at national conferences, professional memberships, and access to professional journals and research
Cons
high turnover rate, 60 - 90 minutes away from shopping mall, costly medical insurance, outdated technology, budgetary limitations, and lack of secretarial assistance drain valuable time
NC Independent Assessments – Western NC Regions
NC Independent Assessments – Western NC Regions (Current Employee) –  NCIAFebruary 20, 2018
Great workplace/home balance. Liberty healthcare has allowed me to continue to advance my career as well as focus on my family. I left a job working 60 hours per week as well as being on call 24/7. At Liberty, I can finally be a mother again enjoying holidays and weekends with low stress. Liberty provides a strong team atmosphere focused on compliance and quality as well as employee satisfaction.
NC Independent Assessments – South East NC Regions
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  NC Independent Assessments – South East NC RegionsFebruary 20, 2018
I have worked with Liberty Healthcare Corp. of NC since 2013. I have enjoyed this job immensely and consider it the highlight of my nursing career of 35 years. I have found the management of this company to be very supportive in the work environment and considerate of my life outside of work.
It is very progressive, fast paced, and is always striving for new ways to improve and deliver the best service possible, not only to our contractor, but the providers and beneficiaries as well. It is very rewarding work.
Employees are treated with respect and rewarded for a job well done. There have been opportunities for advancement and I was promoted to Regional Manager in 2015.
If you are looking for employment that promotes respect, teamwork, integrity and achievement, then Liberty Healthcare Corp. is the one!
Pros
Supportive management, exciting, great company
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Liberty Healthcare Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.