Liberty HealthShare Employee Reviews

do not recommend
Processor (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHNovember 20, 2018
This company has many issues. There is a lack of skills when it comes to management. People are promoted based on who likes your or who you know. If you want to work from home you also have to know someone high up to get the oppurtunity. They say 50 miles from the location but there is people who have asked and been denied even though they live over 50 minutes away. Team leads have no experience in the medical field let alone billing. Each day is stressfull because no one is on the same page. if you ask 3 people the same question, you will get 3 different answers. Managers and team leads talk poorly of employees on and off the floor. It doesn't matter who you tell about problems they never get resolved. The company promised my department would get better and it actually just got worse. New people make more money while people who have been there still haven't gotten raises. When getting a promotion you have to wait to get the pay difference sometimes 6 months and then they say they will back pay but still waiting to see that.
Pros
match 403b
Cons
mamgement, communication, knowledge, lies
Bullies
Processor (Current Employee) –  N Canton, OHNovember 20, 2018
I worked at this “Christian” company for a year. This place is a joke. The supervisors are allowed to bully employees they don’t like. They play favorites for job promotions and when you speak to Human Resources nothing is done about it. The same people stay in leadership positions regardless. Managers and team leads talk bad about other employees in and off the floor. There is a riff in the department cause many people not to get along. The moral of the department is so bad people are seen crying. If new employees speak up about bullying they are told they are liars and that management would not do that. If you want to work where bullying is present and you are not valued this is it. If not run!
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
Management, bullies, lies, plays favoritism, no insurance, new people get paid more than people who have been there for years
Absolutely amazing family atmosphere
Provider Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hills and Dales, Canton, OHOctober 18, 2018
I LOVE working for Liberty Health Share. It is a christian company with real Christian values. It is a second family. Highly recommend joining us! Since I started in July, I have had a cancer scare. I am praising God that my results came back negative! However, the support, the love, the people who prayed for and with me at LHS have been amazing. Our minister, who is on staff at LHS, came over and prayed with me the day before my surgery. Then he came to the hospital the morning of my surgery to check on me beforehand. How awesome is that?! I have never been so impressed by a company. I truly believe that God led me to LHS. We have had so many struggles over the last 4 years within our family financially and medically. I no longer have to worry about the electric, water or gas being shut off or how I am going to have enough gas in my car or food on my table. Blessed abundantly. God is so good!
Pros
Friendly, loving, christian atmosphere.
Cons
Needs more parking but that is already in the construction phase. So i really do not have any cons.
Wrongful termination
Memeber service (Former Employee) –  Canton ohioOctober 18, 2018
Was pulled out of training told that he said she said complaints where made n told to resign no Christian values or brotherly love given n treated poorly despite the fact I passed 2 interviews that said I was a good fit left my previous job to do so still like the idea of the company but the politics of management are to be questioned.
Cons
Poor people skills
Love My Job
Management (Current Employee) –  Canton OHOctober 16, 2018
Amazing company to work for!!.Positive work environment where people feel valued and appreciated. Joining Liberty is like joining a family where everyone is supportive of each other. Great benefits, great pay and great opportunity to learn.
Blessed to work at Liberty HealthShare
Human Resources Coordinator/Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHOctober 16, 2018
It's exciting to be apart of a growing company! It's great working with people who are there to help you and work together as a team to get things done. I have learned a lot of valuable skills and I have gained a lot of knowledge since I started working at Liberty HealthShare. It's defiantly a blessing to me to be able to learn and grow within a company. The company respects and values it's employees which is something that is very important. It's a company that does have growing pains and struggles like every company does. Overall, I would highly suggest working here.
Pros
great work environment, no weekends or holidays, co-workers that feel like family, balanced work / life
Great company
Provider relations (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHOctober 16, 2018
Love this company. Love the freedom to choose the healthcare option that is best for my family. Could not ask for a better group of people to work for.
I am very blessed to work for such a great ministry.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Fulton Road OfficeOctober 15, 2018
I love my job at Liberty HealthShare! It is a wonderful place to work with wonderful coworkers and management. The folks that I work with are always friendly and helpful. It is such a blessing to work for a company that gives me the freedom to share with others how much I love Jesus!
Pros
No weekends or holidays. Nice environment. Wonderful coworkers.
Cons
Nothing comes to mind.
Making an impact on health care
Management (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHOctober 7, 2018
If you want to be a part of a change in this country related to health care - I suggest you come and work for us. We are changing the health care industry so that each individual has a part in every phase of their own health care today and in the future. We do move at a FAST pace due to our tremendous record breaking growth. So I say - hang on for the ride!
Pros
Able to be a part of the change and have a word to help the new process
Cons
Tight parking - due to explosive hiring
Merry Go Round of Lies
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHSeptember 24, 2018
Welcome to chaos.

Left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. If you look online, all questions are redirected to customer service, because management doesn't ACTUALLY know the answers.

Self seeking, self entitled princesses working at a job, where none of that is supposed to matter.

It's all who you know, and how well you can lie.

The only issue is... with so many people lying... no one remembers what they are there for.

Agents keep this company running. Management just drives around in their new cars and go on vacations once a month.
Pros
Pay, coworkers, schedules.
Cons
Managers. Lying. No room to advance.
I really enjoy what I do in Provider Relations department.
Sr. Provider Relations Advocate (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHSeptember 15, 2018
No diversity in management roles and no opportunity for advancement. Mgmt. Policies and procedures are very disorganized . Not paid what you are worth
Management lies
Medical billing agent (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHAugust 30, 2018
All the employees are not held to the same standards. Let alone; management neglects to set proper expectations or boundaries. Further proving that Discrimination, manipulation, and favoritism runs amuck. All of which can be easily proven if my genuine honesty is questioned. There is a plethora of mistakes being carried out by many individuals in every department on a daily basis. It was rewarding to me to find, correct and follow up with member's and provider's. Meanwhile, exhibiting proven, excellent member and provider experiences. Along with training agents who have since become exemplary in their roles in the processing department and on the phones. "they" have been trying to get rid of me for months'. Considering I've been vocal, and have brought multiple concerns to a few executive managers about everything including but not limited to; Discrimination, manipulation, retaliation, accounting practices, company accountability, fraudulent processes, negative member and provider feedback. I feel like I was let go due to retaliation. Being underappreciated and losing patience is an overwhleming feeling amongst most agents on that floor. Which I believe is what happens when you do have genuine SELFLESS individuals carrying out the mission and values daily; but have others in management who are prying on agents for opportunities to use as "stepping stones". It has not been the first time i have verbalized feeling as if i was being "picked on". Only to later find out, that is partially true. I do have proof that there are many inconsistencies throughout management for how they  more... deal with individual employees.  less
Pros
Working with and helping members and providers is rewarding
Cons
From start to finish. Everything, other than teaching and helping members.
Amazing place to work with caring co-workers
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  OhioAugust 15, 2018
If you understand the concept of HealthCare Sharing, this is a wonderful place to work. You will be surrounded by caring individuals each and every day!
Good company to start with
Medical Billing and Coding Processor (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHAugust 12, 2018
I believe this was a great opportunity to build experience and time for my resume, as it will only be a temporary job for anyone. It is a non-profit organization so they do not operate like typical insurance companies, which may throw employees off that have insurance backgrounds. There isn't many employees that have been there longer than a year or so. The schedule is good depending on which department your in. There is a lot of drama going on, listening to team leads gossip about co-workers makes the day dreadful. The companies policies make it hard to please providers and members. They do give a guaranteed bonus on your paycheck, but that's only to make up for the lack of medical benefits that they offer as a company. Overall it was a good place to work because I loved what I did for the members, otherwise it was stressful because things are always changing and management is hard to follow.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Strict management, unrealistic expectations
Misleading
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  OhioAugust 6, 2018
If you come for “customer service” you will actually be doing billing. And by billing I mean letting customers know that we don’t know when they’re going to be reimbursed. There are still people waiting for money from 2017. So prepare for that. I commiserate with anyone who has liberty health share. This company is so poorly operated. One team lead in particular is RUDE. and most of them won’t take a sup call even though it is their Job. Some people really like it here but it stresses me out so bad that I come home and just want to pretend that I don’t exist.
Pros
Pretty ok pay
Cons
Literally everything else
Good concept
Representative (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJuly 28, 2018
Love the idea and how it keeps people responsible for their own medical needs. However do not be sucked into their fake caring act. If you give an criticizing of how things are done you are shunned. Mangers and supervisors are promoted by how long you have worked there and not on supervisor experience what so ever. Bullying and harassment are not even responded to and brushed under the rug. Hope for the members things change.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Non experienced managers/ bullying
Don’t bother applying
Medical Bill Processor (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHJuly 16, 2018
Although I agree with what medical cost sharing is about and honestly believe this company can be great, management needs to be revamped! Too many family members in higher positions here and if they don’t work at Liberty then you will find them at CCS or MCS. It’s basically not what you know, it’s who you know. And if you speak out your concerns, you are pretty much shunned! Never have I worked for a company that was all about quantity and not quality especially with the bad reviews they have.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Too many chiefs; underpaid; the list goes on
Competative
Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHJune 21, 2018
Very competitive work environment, room for improvement was key. Set schedule, safe work environment. We have set goals as a team to meet, and it was very consistent over all
Easy going, mostly relaxed
Provider Service Representative/team lead (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHMay 23, 2018
Liberty is a great company in itself. However, management is terrible. There are people being managers/supervisors that have no clue what they are doing. Or are only supervisors because they know how to talk (typical salesman type).
Pros
Pay is ok, most workers are great to work with
Cons
Management is terrible, zero structure
Wonderful company
Recruiter/ HR Assistant (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHApril 6, 2018
Wonderful company, treats employees well! Christian Non profit company. Cares about the employees and the treats them with respect as well as respecting the job that they do.