Liberty Hospital Employee Reviews

poor management
Stroke/STEMI Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOJune 25, 2019
This hospital has incredibly poor management, I only worked there for 9 months. The nursing management and education I worked with all left within 12 months.
Management issues
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOJune 12, 2019
Old school (1970’s) management style and facility run by the doctors, not the city of Liberty. The doctors dictate to the board what they want and what they want they get. Management is unfair and no chance for appeal. Need a union there to support nurses and all staff. The hospital does not try to retain staff. Does not try to fix what is broken
Pros
Co-workers
Overworked and underpaid
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOMay 31, 2019
Unless you’re willing to put your employer as your number 1 priority, this isn’t the place. The expectations are so unrealistic. HR is a huge joke. They do not look out for the employee. If you have a genuine concern and take it to them, everyone will find out. There’s no “safe space”. Horrible environment.
Pros
Nice campus
Cons
Overworked and HR didn’t care
Poor culture
Nurse (Former Employee) –  MissouriMay 27, 2019
Many staff mean and foul mouthed. HR and management not receptive to hearing negative. Manager makes issue about them rather than staff. Refusal to stop lateral violence.
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
Put up with negative work environment with lower pay
Inclusive culture
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOMay 23, 2019
I find that the patient load was fair and doable. I was able to learn what I wanted to and more. The on site educational opportunities were immense and diverse. Workplace culture was very inclusive; a very positive attribute of Liberty Hospital. Management is hit or miss. There are some extremely great managers there. There wasn't anything hard about the job; perhaps the self education, which is effort dependent. The most enjoyable part of the job is patient interaction.
Pros
Norterre membership
Cons
Compensation
Team Player Environment
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Liberty, MOApril 24, 2019
Employees are dedicated and work as a team. Difficult part of the job is dealing with patients that are brought in for intoxification, sucidal tendencies, drug overdoses, or under the influence of an unknown substance. Employee are constantly getting hurt from having to provide care for these difficult patients.
Pros
Free meals on occassions
Cons
Stressful at times
Worked nights and learned a lot from them and ICU nurses and Dr’s
Night Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOApril 12, 2019
Culture is true to the core, and refreshing to work with a lot of competent nurses, technicians and doctors were open to pharmacy input. A lot of comradeship was the norm. I miss the friendship of my fellow night staffers!
Pros
Nights
Cons
Nights
job
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Liberty, MOMarch 31, 2019
I liked it there. better opportunity.Great surgeons, variety of procedures. hours were great for life balance. lunch was bought often. easy parking. lots of learning.
New Liberty Corp Reimbursement Specialists I
Reimbursement Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Business office in Basement of Liberty ClnicFebruary 5, 2019
you work in a basement, no windows, no sink other than the bathrooms sinks.
I learned that there's a lot of drama (high school). when the manager is not there which is at least 3 days a week. the entire office plays around.
Mean girls, lots of gossiping, people tossing notes over the cubicles, shooting rubber bands, people sending messages and then giggling.
Lots of errors, no one properly notes accounts, if you were to be off work and someone comes in behind you, you should know what is going on with the accounts by the notes but no one bothers putting notes in as to what they have done to the accounts. I never saw anyone call insurances or patient's to update information.

The hours were nice, you got to pick what hours you work. they have good benefits and a nice workout facility.
benefits
Cons
Poor Management
Liberty Hospital work environment
Coding Educator/Auditor (Current Employee) –  Liberty, MOJanuary 8, 2019
Liberty offered a great work/life balance, management was very flexible. It offered a collaborative atmosphere in my job area, I learned a great deal about other aspects of the hospital. I enjoyed my short commute to work everyday.
Pros
covered parking
Cons
always seemed to be putting out fires organizationally
Sucked
Food service (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOOctober 4, 2018
Managers were terrible, pay was awful, work was too much, worked well over the hours we were supposed to sometimes until 10-11pm when we should have left by 8. Coworkers were wonderful! Management was ridiculous.
Liberty Hospital
Clinical Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOSeptember 5, 2018
A typical day at work varies, based on a rotating schedule. My assignment will be either based in the central pharmacy to clinical duties on the floor, to working in the oncology department. I enjoy the variety.
I learned diversity. I came from a retail pharmacy setting, and transitioned to hospital pharmacy. These two worlds are very different, but Liberty Hospital made it possible.
The work place culture reflects teamwork. There is an appreciation for each other, and together we successfully accomplish the goal of excellent patient care.
The hardest part of my job is admission reconciliation. It is sometimes difficult to attain accurate medication records. However, it is necessary for the safety of our patients.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the communion among the employees. My "work family" at Liberty Hospital were irreplaceable.
Pros
Beautiful facility, clean and newly remodeled
Cons
the employees did not get a discount in the cafeteria
Great employees, good administration, not cut-throat, all good.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOAugust 28, 2018
I was administrative assistant to the CFO and CNO and assisted the Executive Admin. by assisting the CEO occasionally, as well. Took care of their mail, correspondence, took minutes for certain council meetings, including Governance Council. Kept electronic and paper files of hospital guidelines and had many other duties, as well. The workplace culture was very friendly and amiable. I learned much about hospital management while there. Occasionally took calls from upset patients, relatives, and channeled to the correct hospital director. Was occasionally asked to perform administrative assistant duties for some of the sixty hospital departmental directors. When receptionist was away from her desk, I sometimes greeted visitors to the office.
Pros
The hospital was only four miles from my home, and as mentioned before, had a pleasant work culture.
Cons
Toward the end of my employment there, there was some tension in the air because of financial matters, which led to the reduction in staff.
Liberty Hospital review
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOAugust 16, 2018
This was the best nursing job I have ever had. My coworkers were wonderful. My nurse manager was the best I have ever had, I wish they could clone her and she could be at every hospital. You rarely see such comradery in the work place. My nurse manager has since moved on to another hospital but I would work under her again in a heart beat.
Pros
management, staff, team work
Cons
good for the experience thats about it
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOJune 16, 2018
Always short staffed, rude patients who expect to be waited on, pay is barely enough to live on, management is always making changes that make your job harder not easier. This place is good for experience but that's about it.
Very unorganized, management unsure of policies, punitive environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOJune 16, 2018
High turn over. Management does not know what is going on. Horrible communication. Unorganized and chaotic. Punitive and toxic environment. Management quick to listen to patient’s complaint and reprimand before hearing employee’s side. With high turn over, there was little to no experience on floor. Management unsure of policies.
Pros
Can’t think of any
Cons
No breaks, no lunches, management not open to new ideas
Don't do it
RN Staff (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOJune 12, 2018
Worst place I have ever worked. Management is a mess. They have managers that haven't worked a day on the floor in 20+ years. They spend no time with the night staff bu t are quick to blame the night staff if anything goes wrong. It was like being in high school all over again. Staffing is always short. I loved my patients. But the rest is busy and not worth your sanity
Emergency department
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOMay 22, 2018
This ED has the chance to be a great place to work and grow. It has had a turn-over of staff and leadership and the growing pains have been difficult
Pros
Nursing staff works well together
Cons
The schedule is difficult to work around
very hectic unorganized place
Groundskeepers Aide (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOApril 12, 2018
Only worked there over a summer between trimesters at school. Some nice people there and some mean ones to. Biggest issue was the organizations unorganized way of doing things.
Pros
Off at 3
Cons
Short breaks
Decent place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOApril 11, 2018
Nursing staff works well together in most areas. They offer many chances for furthering your training and education. Offers overtime when available. Overall a decent place to work.