Liberty Moving & Storage Employee Reviews

Class A drivers stay away
driver (Former Employee) –  Commack, NYFebruary 25, 2019
work here for a couple of months place is trash tbh they want to pay class A drivers 20.... there like no work 6 hours days there’s barely overtime health insurance sucks 11.000 deductible and you till gotta pay a high copay. theres no punch in machines they got time sheets so they can easily change your hours. if you ask off one day you will get two days off just because they dont want you take off but then again theres no work ?! overall a horrible experience..
Pros
nothing
Cons
no fair pay no hours no work 6 hour days
all arond experiance
Mover/Packer (Former Employee) –  Leicester, MAOctober 1, 2018
good company to work for, pay was good . all around work enviroment was good , knowledgeable, looked forward to going to work each day. I liked to travel up and down east coast gret benefits, perks. had a really good expierence working there.
Pros
tips, lunch, sometimes free stuff, monetary incentives for good performance.
Cons
long hard days, sore muscles, sometimes long travel time.
productive
Mover/Packer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 1, 2018
typical day at work was fast paced, I learned how to double bubble wrap furniture. management had they favorites, the work place culture is diverse ,the hardest part if the job was not enough hours given,
Pros
lunch break at your own time
Cons
not enough hours
Horrible Work Enviornment
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Commack, NYJuly 8, 2018
This is a family owned business that doesn't care about their employees. Please be aware that the office environment is like crabs in barrel. If you want to have a work/life balance do not consider working here, they will work you like a dog and gives the very minimum of days off.
Typical day
Mover/Packer (Former Employee) –  Commack, NYJune 15, 2018
A typical day working for Liberty is not knowing where you are going to work because of the on call schedule. Politics plays a role with working with supervisors because they are the people that selects who will work at which site.
Cool chill job
Mover (Former Employee) –  Morton Grove, ILMarch 22, 2018
Everybody was cool the way the owner was paying us was weird would not be able to work there again tips good work long hours and didn’t get paid on time
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short lunch
Friendly family like work environment
Facility Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 6, 2018
My time at Liberty was good introduction to warehouse management, logistics and international shipping. While i enjoyed my time at Liberty there was very little room for growth.
its ok
Drivers Helper (Current Employee) –  Commack, NYDecember 29, 2017
liberty is ok not a bad job for a student thats coming home from college for the summer but for a carrer no not enough hours they move you to different jobs
Pros
get to see different places
Cons
no benefits
good place to work
Moving Helper (Former Employee) –  Commack, NYAugust 3, 2017
I like that they will take an interest in folks with checkered pasts. the availability for work can be a bit shaky but at least they are consistent in offering work.
Pros
good work environments
Cons
just didnt like the favoritism within the management teams
Not a bad place to work
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Commack, NYJune 18, 2017
Had a nice experience here as an intern. It was a paid internship and the people in my department were friendly and flexible with my schedule. Management was okay.
fun workplace
Helper/Laborer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 23, 2017
Everyday working for liberty, I learn something new. Very hard work but if you fit and love to lift, then you will love this job. working with a crew everyday and you have to be quick on your feet.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
no breaks
Work place
Laborer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 1, 2016
Good to work with this company and a lot to grow in this company.. and it's easy job and teamwork good management play always on time and it's fun too work with everybody at the job and everybody respect each other and it's all about working and having fun same time in the job..
Pros
1 hour break
great place to work
lead driver (Former Employee) –  Commack N.Y. 11735August 18, 2015
your never is the same place, job environment changes every few days depending on work. learning to deal with different customers every week. coexisting with your work that I manage from 5 to 25 guys at a time. the most enjoyable part of the day is when I get my paperwork sign & the customer is very happy. Knowing my team & I did our job makes me smile @ the end of the day.
Pros
great pay
Cons
no health care
I enjoy working at Liberty Moving Storage, it's a great place to work for the summer and getting ahead with the work experience for better positions w
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 24, 2015
A typical day to me is going in to work with the work crew at the broad of education learning the skills that are needed to stage and pack up moving materials. Working side by side with my co-workers getting the job done in a timely matter. The hardest part of the day is when others are not working together to get the task completed. The most enjoyable part is working with my co-workers that knows what needed to be done and completing the task as assigned to for our supervisor so we can go home.
Pros
The hour lunch breaks and on the job training with others and supervisors.
Cons
well I'm not premanent but hopefully in the near future when my work preformance is recognize.
The job was seasonal but I liked the experience.
Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 17, 2014
The job started at 9am - 5pm every other day wouldn't work everyday I learned how to work as a team more i gained a little bit of muscle days at work. The managers wasn't quite pacific on our schedules got a lot of things mixed up and confused. Co-workers were friendly but some of them use to get frustrated from the heat and take it out on each other but all polite, hard part was keeping your cool with managers and the heat. I liked lunch break when we use to relax and then be more willing to work lifting heavy furniture.
Pros
hour break
Productive and Great Enviornment
Handler (Former Employee) –  Commack, NYOctober 9, 2014
A typical day at work would consist of a set contract on what needs to be moved. What I've learned working for this company is that you have to work as a team in order to successfully go about the jobs daily task. My co-workers were exceptional people and very well rounded. The hardest part of the job was having to lift and move boxes. The most enjoyable part of the job was when things were moving steady and fast.
On the road
Helper (Current Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYMarch 13, 2014
Love being on the road bug trucks sometimes we had difficult days some days easy and fast mad a lot of good friends management was good more involved learned how to please your customers and install furniture
Pros
Very good pay always on the road
Cons
Seasonal on calls lack of hrs