Liberty Mutual Insurance

Liberty Mutual Insurance Employee Reviews

United States4,743 reviews

Found 4,743 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,806 reviews
mutualbenefitclaimcustommetrictrainadjusteramaze

Great training program sets you up for success

Featured review

Liberty Mutual Insurance selected this as a representative review
From the very beginning this company provides excellent training, great benefits and pay. The job is rewarding and they truly care about their employees. I no longer work there but would consider it again if I decided to go back down that career path. A great place for someone who wants a great entry level experience in the insurance field.

Pros

Work/life balance

Great culture of inclusion

I've worked for this company for more than 20 years and I can honestly say that they are one of the most flexible and inclusive employers that I've experienced. They listen to their employees and work hard to make it a great place to work.

Pros

Great culture, flexible work environment, work from home

Cons

Staffing models are a bit skewed, understaffing and high caseloads

Good while it lasted

They paid very well for what the job was, but we were upset with the shifts. During interviews we were told shift bids were done every few months and assuming you met your goals, you should expect promotions every six months. I have 2 cousins who work there and that's what happened with them so I expected the same. I'm not sure if policies changed or what, but after 2 years, my entire team (I will say, our whole hiring group stayed on for 2+ years which is rare in a call center) did not get any shift changes, and of course you start out at the worst schedule. They did have one round of promotions about 1.5 years in but only promoted 2/10 on our team despite us all meeting goals. They were very focused on goals (average call time, schedule adherence, customer reviews, etc) always wanting us to improve, even if we were exceeding expectations. I finally got promoted after getting top agent 4 months in a row, but hated the new position, and despite being one of their best agents, they wouldn't let me go back to my old position or try something else. I ended up quitting over that because they wouldn't work with me. Overall, it was a good opportunity for experience but I didn't love how we were treated

Pros

Good pay

Cons

No time between calls, very fast paced, 100+ inbound calls per day, lied about shifts and promotions

Good pay long hours

Stressful. No work life balance. Good benefits. Need to break down work load so that people aren't overwhelmed at work. Overtime is required and it's still not enough.

Stressful and Underpaid

I worked here for around a year and the job is incredibly stressful and the work is not realistic.There are empty promises of workload becoming more tolerable however claims seem to be keep growing regardless of how far behind you are.additionally god forbid you want to log off at 5 or take a PTO day. You have to work through the day of work that you missed.

Pros

Great management, benefits, ect

Cons

Stress

Flexible

Great benefits, awkward schedule after training. Remote is nice for flexibility. Need to hit quotas to really get paid. All the sales come to you as an inbound rep.

Terrible management

It’s a sweatshop. Management and supervisors have little or no sales skills nor have they ever been on the phone in most cases. Management and supervisors like to take 2 to 3 hour lunches and are always MIA when needed. The companies motto is only pay for what you need which essentially means they are stripping your coverages.

Fun work

Great management went above and beyond to ensure my training was successful easy to talk to hr was helpful with payroll comfortable work environment happy

Good culture

Culture is great just wish there was higher call volume and better leads. A lot of leads hang up or have been called multiple times. Hard to hit higher sales goals

Pros

Remote

Cons

Not enough call volume

Paycheck

An individual's experience at Liberty will depend heavily on what that person does at Liberty. If a person is employed in a support position – i.e. HR, consulting, marketing, etc – then I suspect they'll have a decent experience at Liberty, at least as much as anyone can at a large, bureaucratic company. However, on the frontlines and in the trenches – i.e. claims work – Liberty has much to be desired.

Pros

Stable employer, stable paycheck

Cons

Increasingly uncompetitive pay, career development, opportunities for advancement, management, culture

Productive and fun place to work if you’re motivated to succeed!

Great work/life balance. Compensation is high if you’re willing to put in the work. If you’re not a go-getter, this job is not for you! Building outside referrals is key! Excellent benefits and a pension! Would highly recommend for the right candidate!

Very fun and productive work environment

Very fun and productive work environment. Management wants to see you succeed. Weekly Team Meetings to keep everyone connected. Ability to work remotely.

Pros

Paid vacation, benefits, great management and coworkers. Awesome work environment.

Cons

None.

Awesome work life balance

As with any large organization, there are challenges. But I appreciate how well I am compensated, how flexible they are with WFH, and the opportunities to grow and move around the company.

Pros

Compensation, pension, maternity leave, work from home

Care and Support

Liberty Mutual cares about their employees. From the day you start you have a team and a support system in place to help you succeed. The company truly believes in life work balance.

Pros

Work from home

Stressful

You have to work off the clock just to keep up with the volume of work. Impossible standards and impossible metrics must be met. Management doesn’t tell you how to succeed.

Liberty values it's employees, and has become a great place to work.

The current management group values it's employees. They are flexible, and understand the needs of their employees. If workload projections are inaccurate, they adjust the targets so employees don't suffer the consequences.

Awful Experience

Hiring Mgrs lie about position. If you’re not interested in compensation this is an easy job. Impossible metrics given the opportunity to convert leads into sales. Micromanaging through email. No support for upset customers. Tech help is a joke.

Pros

Remote opportunity

Cons

Low compensation

Good company

Honestly LM has some of the best people and management really cares. I really enjoyed my time there. I did leave because a better opportunity came but I would have stayed.

Pros

Remote, management, coworkers, pay

Cons

Fto, benefits (too expensive) stressful

Love working at liberty. Claims are claims they come and go so work load can and will change day to day and week to week. Mangers truly care and make you feel like you are a person not just a number.

Innovative, fairly transparent management, and need more IT staff.

Company has reduced IT staff by 2/3 in past 5 years. Often take on innovative projects based on proof of concept. IT budget is there at the beginning then is cut off midstream. This leads to profitable projects being cut off or held together with band-aids and increased stress and frustration. The IT folks they do have are amazing. I just wished they had the IT resources to support the projects they approve.Benefits are expensive with decent coverage.

Cool

It’s ok. I like the work life balance and pay is great. Management is silly af though. And the expectations are unrealistic and so many people are on stress leave because it’s soooo much work to do in so little time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Liberty Mutual Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

3.2Fairygodboss Score

43%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

44%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare Liberty Mutual Insurance with

• Liberty Mutual Insurance
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?