Liberty Mutual Insurance

Liberty Mutual Insurance Employee Reviews

United States4,917 reviews

Found 4,917 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,983 reviews
mutualclaimadjustermetricbalanceinsurancelmworklife

Great training program sets you up for success

Featured review

Liberty Mutual Insurance selected this as a representative review
From the very beginning this company provides excellent training, great benefits and pay. The job is rewarding and they truly care about their employees. I no longer work there but would consider it again if I decided to go back down that career path. A great place for someone who wants a great entry level experience in the insurance field.

Pros

Work/life balance

Cons

Great Benefits Heavy workload.

Excellent training and support for education. Great benefits. But it is your typical insurance role in claims. Overworked and understaffed with high turnover.

Liberty Mutual Insurance insights

Based on 1,780 survey responses
What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Fair pay for job
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Sense of belonging

What is the best part of working at the company?Benefits are better than most companiesWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Having a supervisor that micromanages 6 to 10 metrics. Need to have a good call handle time but at the same time you have to go over ecery single required pitch and disclosures etc.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Toxic to say the least. All about metrics. Call center back to back callsWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Quoting about 20 people

Decent place to work

Managers are supportive, but the amount of work vs wages is not balanced, especially when they don't even pay you for your lunch to squeeze every last minute they pay for. Unreasonable work schedule ultimately forced me to leave.

Supportive work environment

Liberty Mutual supports their employees. They invest in you you and prepare you for the situations you will encounter on a daily basis. Liberty gives you the tools to succeed in your job and if you bring something to their attention that is causing a problem, they listen and make the appropriate changes. This is the best company I have ever worked for.

fun atsmoshere

I loved working for liberty, every-time I could destroy the financial hopes and dreams of an American family was a good day in my book. I will always look back on the lives that I crushed very fondly. Free coffee also made up for the poor management

Pros

free coffee

Cons

Mangement

Good pay, fast paced, high stress

I worked here for six years, it was like any other call center. Very metrics driven, once metrics are met they are lowered again and labeled as “continuous improvement” opportunities. Burnout happens frequently. Luckily there is a decent amount of pto provided, and there were perks. You have to be a special type of person that handles constant stress well if you want to succeed in this environment.

Bad management, don't care about employees

If you want to get a promotion you have to be in good with the management. Very cliquey! Company likes to hire new vs promoting within. Payed new hires more than tenured employees for the same positions.

Easy Low Stress Career

This job has been a relaxing peace in comparison to the high stress corporate sales jobs that I’m use to. Paid training, great leadership, great support, great culture, and you make your own schedule (remote/hybrid).

do not recommend employment here

i am a former employee. the workload was never ending. was micromanaged by a team manager that did not know the job. upper management would not deal with issues raised and verbal assaults and lies of the team manager. replacement employees were not given proper training and support. result was high turnover. team members were tasked with training of the replacements w/o reduction of workload, had to work vacations and cover for team members who were out of office due to vacation. 60 + hours a week and work vacations to keep up with the workload, even when slow. i would give 0 stars if possible. would recommend not working for the company. no compassion for employees. unrealistic expectations.

Pros

company car.

Cons

large non-caring corporation and management

The best employer I’ve ever had

I’ve worked at many places, but this is the best. Everyone is helpful and no one makes you feel like a burden, even while learning. They are extremely big on work/life balance and networking as well as diversity. Although this job can be hard and even stressful if you don’t have work management, I love it.

claims

great work environment. the pay is competitive. promotions are good. I learned how to write claims properly and how to scope. My xactimate skills have been enhanced. The hardest part of the job was the workload. Seems like quite a bit of work for such a short amount of time.

Overworked

Pros: Pay was good. Benefits good. Cons: Claim volume is ridiculously high. Stretched 105% since Day 1. There was a fair amount of turnover so it was hard to stay ahead of your work.

Supportive and professional environment

Great place to work if you are seeking a motivated, cultured, professional, and positive environment. Front line managers are amazing, caring, supportive and driven. Not afraid to praise. Look for the good instead of focusing on the negative. If you are tired of the clinical setting, love your profession, like autonomy, tired of all the drama and unsupported management this is the place for you!

I have had 6 promotions in 6 years, I referred a friend he started at 37k a year after 1.5 years he was at 52 bc of his promotions

This is the best employment I have ever had, pay, PTO, benefits, 401k, HSA. Tvis is not a job you do for a little while this is a career that you retire from. There are so many different departments you can move to. If you do not like customer service you can do claims or you can get off of the phones.

Poor Management

Very young manager who came from a different company who had no clue on how to manage. Stay as far away from here as possible Their rates were terrible which made it hard to sell new business.

Pros

Was able to work from home

So far so good

This company is excellent, they really care about the employees. Benefits are great and affordable. Training is excellent. Managers are accessible, great place to work and did I mention 100% remote PERMANENTLY..

Pros

Incentives

Cons

What is the best part of working at the company?Some of the coworkers What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Management is reactionary. Pressure to perform and then they move the goal posts. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?The best way to describe working here was toxic. What is a typical day like for you at the company?Email after email meeting after meeting to accomplish nothing.

Good Intentions

I love my company and what I do, but feel it's quantity over quality. They do encourage time off, regrouping etc. I love it, but the case load is intimidating

Slammed with work and no backup

The 50/50 hybrid work schedule they came up with made absolutely no sense, other than for the benefit of managers. In addition, there was so much work, it was impossible to keep up.

Great place if you have a manager that supports you.

Long tenure with them and enjoyed the upward mobility - work hard and get compensated well. Started as a sales agent built a solid foundation and promoted into sales coach then supervisor- great opportunities to advance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Liberty Mutual Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 35%
In the Top 35% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Liberty Mutual Insurance.
Powered byComparably