Play YouTube video button

Liberty Mutual Employee Reviews

Found 3,751 reviews matching the search See all 3,798 reviews
Featured review
Liberty Mutual selected this as a representative review
Great Place to Work!
Insurance Advisor (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 25, 2018
Liberty Mutual is a great place to work. It has lots of advancement opportunities and is a great place for growth and benefits! Work-Life balance is definitely a plus!
Time management and metric focused environment
Licensed Claims Adjuster - Auto Property (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLDecember 12, 2019
While the career opportunities are available, advancement and growth are difficult to attain dependent on the manager you work under. The core focus is hitting your metrics, then helping the customer, then managing your work load.
Personal growth, training, coaching and career opportunities are manager dependent based on personal choice factors as each manager can defend, or choose not to defend, any area of opportunity for any employee.
Goals are not presented at the beginning of the year
SENIOR ADJUSTER, SAFECO (Former Employee) –  Liberty Lake, WADecember 11, 2019
loved working from home - management is somewhat helpful - they have unrealistic goals and timelines. pay is reasonable for the work - strong on work life balance
Its was amazing, very qualified and good team relationship
SCRUM MASTER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 9, 2019
As a scrum master I demonstrate .leadership ability coach and empower the team to reach their highest potential excellence,
.I implemented the scrum values, rules and objectives.
Sheiled the team from outside distractions.
.I remove impediments or road blocks
lots of work to be done
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INDecember 9, 2019
great department but company is changing direction and downsizing. would love to stay in this line of work. no phone calls, lots of work to keep you busy, able to work from home 2 days a week
Not as advertised. Clique-ish and unprofessional
Manager (Former Employee) –  Uniondale, NYDecember 7, 2019
Location was run by an untrustworthy manager who is passive aggressive and unprofessional.

Clique-ish environment where mgmt talks out of both sides of their mouth.

Company has great benefits.
Great place to start in insurance industry
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 6, 2019
Liberty gives you all the training and tools to become a successful insurance agent. Their management and training staff ensure that you will be able to go out and get business.
Customer Advocate
Customer Advocate (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 6, 2019
After 4 plus years of employment and 2 years specifically in this role I was terminated without warning (verbal or written) and was informed I could not ask questions surrounding it. This company has some great people but their culture is lacking. They make decisions and think they don’t have to explain their decisions with anyone.
Work is Work
Technical Consultant, Risk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Weston, MADecember 5, 2019
Work is work

It depends on the people you have to work with.

Most people are a joy. But, there is always a bad apple that can spoil a bushel.

I love what I do. I thrive when I work with my clients.
Terrible leadership
Anon (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 5, 2019
The company campaigns on diversity and inclusion but in reality punish those who speak up when the employees are treated with disrespect. HR does nothing to ensure diversity and inclusion are practiced The basic principle of treating everyone with dignity and respect is totally alien to the company’s culture
Micro-management And Limited Advancement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZDecember 5, 2019
I worked for the company for several years. During this time there were many changes - all for the benefit of the company. There was always a fear of losing your job. Expectations were unrealistic and unattainable. Leadership smile while at the same time lie to you. Job cuts were an annual event in October and November. If a job could be sent off shore to India or China is was and continues to be done.

Everything was micro-managed. The company said they wanted and required you to provide ideas for improvements, but they never implemented any employees’ ideas. The executives have their own agenda and have a Hugh disconnect with the individual contributors outside their Boston MA offices. On paper their ideas look great, but they forget real people work outside Boston.

To survive working here, you must buy into any and every new concept...fake it all the way. If not, you are considered not a team player. It’s all about the company; you and your personal style need to stay home.

It is a good company to get experience and they have all the standard benefits as any large company - medical, dental, vision, vacation days, 401k, and tuition reimbursement. If you don’t have a college degree, use the company to pay for your college and obtain job experience then move on to another company to advance your career elsewhere. Everyone I know who has left is much happier in their personal and professional life.
Competitive pay
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 5, 2019
Very competitive pay. Good opportunity for growth. Management is always looking to take care of and handle issues. Work at home opportunities provide good work life balance.
Good work environment, learning claim distribution
Commercial Property Adjuster II (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 4, 2019
Liberty Mutual is working on distributing claims in an equitable manner. They have changed this 3 times in the last year. The management is willing to listen and make changes where appropriate. Once you have been here a year, you can work at home 1/2 of the time.
This was one of the worst jobs I ever had
Claims Resolution Representative (Current Employee) –  Warrenville, ILDecember 3, 2019
They have a terrible work load. They expect you to be able to complete unrealistic expectations considering the work load they dump on you. Managers are rude and get angry when you have difficulty.
Claims customer care associate
Claims Customer Care Associate (Former Employee) –  New Castle, PADecember 3, 2019
I handled all in bound insurance claims calls. These calls ranged from payment inquiry from body shops, handling all first notice of loss from policy holders, and taking status calls on existing claims. We assist adjusters when they are busy to resolve claims in a timely manner. I learned the claims process from inside and out.
Amazing place to grow in your career
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 2, 2019
The only reason I left the company was because my position was eliminated due to a major reorganization. This company believes in its employees and will work with you to achieve your career goals. The culture is one that appreciates and embraces what everyone brings to the table.
It's a job
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZDecember 2, 2019
You are a number at Liberty Mutual, if you do not perform you better have a backup plan. I always accomplish my sales threshold plus 40-50% more on my metrics reports to try for advancement but it does not matter. If you speak out about issues you will be dismissed. They put on a play like most major corporations about inclusion but when it comes down to reality you better be a tool and brown-noser or that small blue and green cubicle will be your life 8hrs a day.
Great company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MADecember 2, 2019
Overall a great company to work for.
The job itself is stressful but management helped me work efficiently. Good culture and friendly coworkers. The location on state street isn't the safest
Job review
COMMERCIAL INSIDE AUTO CLAIMS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 2, 2019
I loved the company and their values but my department was horrible they did not care about us. I would return to LM if the right opportunity presented itself.
Just answer the bell when it rings
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLDecember 1, 2019
The money is great if you are willing to sacrifice work life balance. But the fraudulent behavior of others that is rewarded and drives the goals up is the most frustrating. So many times you see people are awarded with lavish trips even know they are on one time finals for Data integrity and it does not motivate others to do the right thing. Comp plan changes every year to reduce pay per policy and increase sales goals.
I enjoyed working for liberty for multiple reason.
Associate Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 1, 2019
Company overall was a great company to work for but the only thing that discouraged me was when I applied for other positions. Was passed on all of them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Liberty Mutual. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K
41.2K

Women's ratings

3.2Fairygodboss Score

43%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

44%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss

Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?