Play YouTube video button

Liberty Mutual Employee Reviews

Featured review
Liberty Mutual selected this as a representative review
A great opportunity.
Licensed Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MA 01105April 16, 2018
Tons of training, extra help, coaching, and flexibility. Lots of avenues with which to advance through. A very stable company that offers a competitive benefits package and wages for customer service reps.
Pros
Day one benefits
Great Place to Work
HR Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 17, 2018
Enjoy my time here and the people. Seems like there is a bit of a ceiling for job opportunities past a certain point. Lots more flexibility these days.
Pros
Work From Home
Good Company
CAST Contingent Workforce Manager (Current Employee) –  Liberty Lake, WASeptember 17, 2018
Liberty Mutual is a great company to work for. Just make sure that you get into the position you want from the start because it can be difficult to advance within the company once you are already employed.
Company that does not value good employees
Campus Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liberty Lake, WASeptember 16, 2018
I was recently laid off by LM. After 12 years of being an exceptional employee they decided to eliminate my job but then they turned around and hired a person half my age and pay him half of my wage with no benefits. I was loyal to LM but they could care less about me as an individual. I was four years from retirement and they were more concerned about saving a few dollars than about me who did a very good job for them.
Work life balance, good companesation
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHSeptember 16, 2018
Helpful Manager, Growth opportunity, Good Benefits and Salary. Encourages employees to work across different portfolio. Good Training , management has vision to take company to next level
Pros
Collabrative environment, Good benefits, Growth opportunity
Cons
Legacy system, lack of Vision
Love my job
Special Investigator (Current Employee) –  TexasSeptember 16, 2018
Liberty has provided me with many advancement opportunities. I am so happy I came here. They provide great work life balance by offering flex schedules, as well as work from home options.
Pros
Work from home options
Insurance Sales Reps work hard
Outside Insurance Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXSeptember 14, 2018
This can be a very rewarding career if you are well organized not afraid to network break down barriers and close and able have a good sales mix a auto home life etc.
Pros
good compensations benefits outside sales not stuck in a call center
Cons
Liberty Mutual close rate is in the single digits for new business, customers are focused on cost no matter how good your consultation skills are.
Workplace is so professional but so silly at times. Loved it.
INSURANCE CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 13, 2018
I find myself always reminiscing on Liberty Mutual and their professional habits. From coaching outing to esthetics. This is definitely a company to work your life for and retire.
Pros
Training is number one!
Cons
Training atmosphere
Dynamic Company but supporting organizations to buiness overworked
SR, IT Contracts Manager, Procurement (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 13, 2018
Company mission and objectives have solid leadership.
Business lines operate effectively and lead industry
IT lacks standardization controls which results in duplication and excess spending
Extensive hours including holidays required in Procrement 60+ week
Carrying 2x or more typical workload per procurement employee Constant reorganization causes delays and rework; open slots not filled creating more work
Middle management resists progress in my department
Systems are inefficient due to lack of requirements gathering prior to purchase for procurement and supply chain
My management focused on minutia vs big picture; lacked clarity in directions due to inability to make decisions
Team did not create paths for career growth and raises not commensurate with expectations
Political environment; personal view vs productivity results measured.
Pros
Leader in industry, good salary and benefits, philanthropic
Cons
Poor support to employees, low raises, would not allow use of educational benefits, no work life balance, high stress
It was ok
Clerical/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Dont rememberSeptember 12, 2018
Phone..incoming calls and out going..staff didn't like there work..customer service I greeted customers..filing..kept office clean..catered to customers..
Pros
Customers
Cons
Staff lazy
It was a good place to work with good benefits.
Property & Casualty Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GASeptember 12, 2018
Worked there for 9 years before company decentralized and laid off all the reps across the country except those who chose to relocate to TX, FL, AZ, or PA.
Pros
Nice vacation plan, 401k
Cons
Laid off
what you learned
AGENCY CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE/CLAIM REP (Former Employee) –  Golden, COSeptember 11, 2018
I learned the insurance business from the call center aspect to becoming a claims adjuster, then an agency customer service rep which is the position I enjoyed the most.
Good training and opportunities
Customer Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 11, 2018
Good place to work. Healthy environment and good training. Paid training and a lot of benefits. Opportunities to advance is there. A lot of support through management
Very stressful. Overpriced product with poor leads
Insurance Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLSeptember 10, 2018
Liberty Mutual is one of those companies that you dream about working for. Great pay and benefits and they treat their employees far. Well it started that way. However, things changed pretty quickly after nesting. I was convinced to go to the "Act" team. I was told they have the 2nd highest bonus potential in the center. However, the issue is that the leads are the worst of the worst. Basically a person is probably browsing Facebook and sees an ad saying they can get insurance for as little as $10 a month. So they click the ad and start filling out some basic information out of curiosity. Then within 2 minutes a third party calls them, gathers basic information, and quickly calls it into us and brings the customer on the line. This customer wasn't really shopping to begin with, but they humor you to see if you can save them money. Turns out, over 90% of the time you can't. Liberty has some of the highest insurance rates in the country. So they tell you to sell based on value. My customer is paying $110 a month on car insurance. Our rate, a staggering $365 or more in most cases. From what I have been told, the rates and leads used to be much better, but changed right after I got in the department. In addition to the poor leads, the commission structure recently change where the average agent makes less than they used to. They also went from allowing you to call your customer's back, to having strict goals about being on inbound only calls. They don't want you to call your customers back to close. They want you to close on that call or have the customer call into the "Asset" team  more... to bind the sale for you. In many cases, they butcher the sale and you lose it. It's turned into quantity instead of quality for them.  less
Pros
Good pay and benefits.
Cons
Little worklife balance. Very stressful environment. Huge grind.
Lack of disability benefit
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MASeptember 9, 2018
Had appendectomy and was denied pay for surgery and recovery through my short term disability benefits. A lot of favoritism as far as job opportunities and advancements.
Meh
Claims Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  PASeptember 8, 2018
-a typical day at work; sit and take call after call for 7.5 hours a day
-the hardest part of the job; watch others in different offices advance merely because of location, rather than experience
-management; poor
-the most enjoyable part of the job; clocking out
Pros
pay
Cons
management
Money and metrics more important than happy employees
Senior Account Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MASeptember 8, 2018
Work hard and make your numbers and you will be fine. If you run into challenges your job security isn’t there. A lot of friends and people related working there which is a lot to compete with
Pros
Great money and a great site leader with a few great supervisors
Cons
You have to work weekends.
Excellent job promoting diversity and culture for women.
Assistant Field Counsel (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 8, 2018
Overall, the salary is too low to financially survive. The benefits are excellent. The position allows for flexibility. the job is not stressful at all.
Stressful environment
Sr. Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Warrenville, ILSeptember 7, 2018
Typical day consists of answering calls regarding auto claims from both customer and third parties in a call center environment. You are expected to handle a 200+ case load, while also handling incoming calls for other adjusters. Management is not helpful in regards to providing assistance to meet your goals.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Call center, poor training, incompetent managers.
workplace culture
CSR (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 7, 2018
my workplace culture experience was very pleasant for my time period at liberty it was very diverse and and open to all different culture background and sexualities and religion .
Wouldn’t work there again
Teachnical Assistant. (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 7, 2018
Highly micromanaged, they don’t care about you as an employee. Pay was good, but didn’t make up for the poor working environment.......................

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Liberty Mutual. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.5Fairygodboss Score

45%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

66%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.