Play YouTube video button

Liberty Mutual Employee Reviews

Featured review
Liberty Mutual selected this as a representative review
A great opportunity.
Licensed Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MA 01105April 16, 2018
Tons of training, extra help, coaching, and flexibility. Lots of avenues with which to advance through. A very stable company that offers a competitive benefits package and wages for customer service reps.
Pros
Day one benefits
Constant changes
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  MaJune 23, 2018
Every year the business model is changed.
Going from handling just insureds then handling total losses with hardly any training, then handling insureds and claimants and determining liability with no training.

Heavily focusing on customer surveys. Never acknowledging good customer surveys, and focusing only on the negatives.
One bad score will ruin your overall average, and it takes several surveys (4 and 5 out of 5) to get you back to a good place.

Giving this company a DETRACTOR, not likely to recommend
The company really takes good care of their employees
Claims Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Liberty Lake, WAJune 23, 2018
This is an excellent company to work for with great benefits and competitive salary. It seems like good people get promoted and management in general is excellent. But the work is really boring, and being on the phone all day will wear you out.
Pros
Great benefits, recognition awards
Cons
Fast-paced, always changing
Great Employer
Insurance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 23, 2018
Liberty Mutual was a great place to work but management definitely needed some improvement. Positive environment, family oriented, work/life balance, and flexibility in work schedule a plus.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Flexible Scheduling
Typical Call Center Enviornment
Senior Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 22, 2018
Liberty pays well, but they heavily micro manage every second of the day. If you return from a break or lunch more than 1 minute past your scheduled time,it will count against you. There is always room for advancement if you can perform your job well. Still, you have to manage your call time, after call work, first call resolution, surveys and time off with diligence or you will loose your job.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Micro managed with poor leadership
Global insurance company with many exciting opportunities
Claims Manager (Current Employee) –  OhioJune 22, 2018
Challenging and rewarding work in many areas related to insurance that help deliver customers peace of mind. Opportunities in the U.S. as well as internationally.
Solid Company
Senior Underwriter - National Accounts (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJune 22, 2018
Liberty is fine if you are looking for stability. Ultimately, I left due to the conservative salary and advancement culture. It is a pay your dues type organization, which always frustrated and every business decision moves at a glacial pace.
Great Place
Field Claims Resolution Specialist II, Property (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAJune 21, 2018
Good place to work!
Great culture and environment. All managers were organized and everyone is very helpful to each other. Everyone wants everyone to grow together
Senior Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAJune 20, 2018
Good place to start career. Learned a l lot in the short time working there. Great environment to begin claims career. Gained a lot of skills and knowledge.
See My Review Below
Part-Time Contractor (Former Employee) –  Elmsford. NYJune 20, 2018
I Worked as receptionist/Switchboard and worked with claim adjusters to resolve workmen compensation claims as well as. coordinate and handle seminars, all conference rooms meetings in conjunction with outside clients. I was also responsible for coordination and supervision of office supplies and expenses for mail room facility. I handled daily incoming/outgoing mail and assisted in all other office administration duties.

My typical day at work was always enjoyable and I always learned new duties and responsibilities pertaining to my job. Management people were always very friendly and cooperative and always were willing to work with me and answer any questions or concerns that were needed.. It was always a very nice office to work in. The hardest part of the job was when some of the others team members didn't come into work because of various reasons which made it hard for me or another team member to do our job as well as to fill in for those that were absent. I had to stay longer hours to make sure that the job was handled satisfactory when this problem occurred. It was always a fun job and all the employees and management people were friendly and helpful at all times.
Pros
Got to meet outside clients and participated in company lunches.
Typical insurance company
Product Owner (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 19, 2018
A lot of bureaucracy, but a lot of flexibility in your day-to-day. I've been here for about 6 years and seen about 6-7 different reorganizations within the company. Seems to cycle pretty quickly and without a lot of communication.
Great place to establish oneself
Licensed insurance agent (Former Employee) –  West Springfield, MAJune 19, 2018
I found this organisation to be well versed in cultural diversity. They provided a great wealth of information and career advancement opportunities. The only thing the company could work on is their willingness to work with parents of small children on their scheduling.
Pros
benefits package
Cons
schedules for parents
rebuilding right now
Manager, Change Management (Former Employee) –  Warrenville, ILJune 19, 2018
Liberty is rebuilding their company. The organization is in flux. They need to sort out their structures and approach. I hope they are able to come back strong.
Disorganized
IT ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHJune 18, 2018
I felt that liberty always needed to feel like it was keeping up with the latest technology and in doing so has changed course multiple times with many people taking the blunt end of the redirection. Reorganizations left people feeling insecure about their jobs and in turn lost trust in the business
Workplace Culture
CUSTOMER CLAIMS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 18, 2018
Overal, the company provided great benefits, but was poor in management and work/life balance. It tended to be reactive rather than proactive. Stress.
Supportive and respectful management
Senior Field Claim Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJune 18, 2018
Keep in mind I worked there 10 years ago and it is my understanding the culture changed. When I was there I was promoted based on my performance as well as received bonuses and awards. I left only for what I believed would be other opportunities.
Pros
Bonuses and rewards
Cons
Office closed in ct
Mixed reviews
Senior Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 18, 2018
Management was not great, but company has good benefits and pay. The climate is very political but there is definitely room for movement within teams and to new departments
Good place to learn how to become and adjuster but not to stay and work there as one for long
Auto Claims Adjuster, 3rd Party (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 17, 2018
Great company to get your foot in the door as an adjuster and to learn the ropes, just not the place to stay your whole career at as there are better options elsewhere.
nice place to work
Total Loss Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 17, 2018
work hard and you will be rewarded. I would certainly hope that both your work ethic and character are in line with our expectations. If you are looking for a job then this is not for you career minded people exclusively need apply
came to work not play
Lead Fraud/Forgery Investigator (Former Employee) –  st louis mo job moving to texasJune 16, 2018
Our dept did not have opportunity due to workloads that othe departments had. our department did not have same work goals therefore less opportunity for at job fun.
Pros
did have occassioal work lunches when work called for it.
Cons
workflow more cosistent
Insurance Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 15, 2018
it is a good place to work and a good place to grow. plenty of opportunities to grow. The schedule is easy and the guidelines you have to abide by are simple.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Liberty Mutual. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight