Liberty National Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work
Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Metairie LaNovember 17, 2018
The company tells you that there are money making opportunities but it's all lies. The routes they let you choose are already being worked by other agents. You spend all of your money and time to make other people money. The training is nonexistent and when you do something that they don't agree with they blame you and claim they trained you. If you want to lose money and stay stressed then work here. If you was ant your sanity stay away.
Pros
Non
November 19, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Your experience is not indicative of our Liberty National management and training style and we invite you to send us an email to feedback@libnat.com with more details. We can learn from your experience and take steps to correct this situation.

Management is bad.
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GANovember 12, 2018
It’s not a bad place to work there’s a lot of drama and a bunch of people that get paid and not have to work for it I wouldn’t recommend it if your trying to sell insurance.
November 13, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry our AIL Agent position didn’t meet your expectations. This position isn't a perfect fit for everyone but can be an incredibly rewarding career experience both financially and personally for the right individual. Good luck in your future career path.

Bogus, if you have a pulse they will contract not hire you.
Agent or slave. (Former Employee) –  South East, USNovember 9, 2018
Total lie regarding the position. Run away from this scam as fast as you can. You are either knocking on doors or calling random resumes to recruit more people into this ponzi scheme!
Pros
Plenty of time out of the office. Because you don't have an assigned workspace.
Cons
You pay for everything. They invest nothing.
November 12, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry your experience was less than you expected. Every Liberty National agent is a valued part of the team and our leadership is invested in each agent’s success, personal development, and career growth. We are always looking for ways to improve the agent experience and listening to former agents like you is a great way to improve the process. We wish you all the best in your future career path.

productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 6, 2018
A typical day with Liberty National is fast paced and the joy of helping customers, You have to have empathy wile helping the loss of a love one or a person who is gravelly ill.
November 7, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We’re glad your time with Liberty National was enjoyable and productive. We appreciate the hard work and dedication you gave to our team and customers while helping provide financial protection to working families. Best wishes to you in your future career path.

Work on commission
Agent (Current Employee) –  Tupelo, MSNovember 5, 2018
The bad part about Liberty National was that I was paid commission. You could work 50 hours and not get paid for it. Late nights working everyday from 8 til 9 at night was not worth the money
Pros
I met new people
Cons
Commission and benefits
November 6, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry our Liberty National Agent position didn’t meet your expectations. This position isn't a perfect fit for everyone but can be an incredibly rewarding career experience financially and personally for the right individual. Good luck to you in your future career path.

Position title looked good on resume.
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 5, 2018
The Recruiter title looks good on my resume. The pay and work hours was satisfactory, No job security though. Free coffee and a relaxed work environment.
Pros
satisfactory compensation
Cons
no job security
November 6, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your time at Liberty National and wish you nothing but the best in your future endeavors.

you Need $$ to make $$
Group Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 5, 2018
Be prepared to spend $$ and time for months without making an income.
Travel to 30 businesses EACH DAY to prospect. 15 in AM, take a lunch break and get back at it to see 15 more. Choose whatever town you want, yep.
Voluntary benefit insurance companies are ALL doing the same thing. employers are wearied by frequent solicitors and do not welcome yet another interruption.
Pros
seeing the small rural towns of your state
Cons
Nnot making $$, actually spending $$ TRYING to make $$.
November 6, 2018

Thank you for your review. We're sorry that our Liberty National Agent position didn't meet your expectations. This position does require hard work and dedication in order to succeed and is not for everyone. It can be a very rewarding career both financially and personally for the right individual. Best wishes to you in your next career path.

Worst job I've ever had
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  BFENovember 2, 2018
If you enjoy a micromanaging employer with no guarantee for pay with all the promises in the world, we'll then this position is for you! Management is a joke, they tell you over and over again that you are a 1099 independent contractor and don't have a "boss" but in reality they will call you several times a day ragging on you about how your numbers are junk and if you just follow the scripts you will be successful. They will tell you that you don't have to cold call which is a twisted false truth, you are forced to sit in the office all day every Monday and have management tell you, "say you're with abc city and you're updating public records that show up on google" this is a lie you're not with the city and you are only updating their referrals with who the DM is phone number and employee count. There is not one aspect of this job that I could in good conscious tell anyone that is good. There are some ethical issues as well. Do yourself a favor and swipe it left.
November 5, 2018

We are very sorry to learn of your experience and invite you to send us an email to feedback@libnat.com with more details so that we can make sure the lines of communication are clear between agent and management.

Highly unsatisfied work environment
Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 2, 2018
You could set your own hours at this company, which is what they tell you when your hired, as long as your days and hours are as listed:
Sunday- call clinic (cold calling customers) 4pm-7pm
Monday- office meeting and call clinic 12pm-9pm
Tuesday- appointments at customers houses 1pm-10pm
Wednsday- same as Tuesday 1pm-10pm
Thursday-office meeting and call clinic 12pm-9pm
Friday - same as Tuesday1pm-10pm
Saturday- same as Tuesday 1pm-10pm

The pay scales are set up so your are already set to fail. Definitely would not recommend to anyone who has a family and wants to see them.
November 5, 2018

Great opportunit for advancement
Agency Director (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INOctober 30, 2018
Great opportunity for advancement. If you are willing to do the work you will be rewarded. The work life balance is out for as long as it takes you to build your business. Work hard and you are rewarded!
October 31, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We're happy to hear that your time with Liberty National was productive. You are right, strong work ethic and success typically go hand in hand in this career. We appreciate your hard work and dedication while you were a part of our team and wish you nothing but the best in your future endeavors.

Bad Place to work
Worksite Life Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Carmel, IN 46032October 19, 2018
Your experience with Liberty National will all depend on the character of the Agency Owner you work for. There are multiple bad agencies throughout the country and no good ones in Indiana and that is all due to the leadership of the office at the Agency Owner level.
Pros
Better products than their competition, commission structure
Cons
Everything else unless you have a good Agency Owner
October 22, 2018

Thank you for your review. We continually try to improve our Liberty National Agent experience and feedback like yours will help make that possible. Best wishes to you in your future career path.

no base salary, uncontrollable things affect pay
Supervising Agent (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 12, 2018
no base salary, uncontrollable things affect pay. pure commission. Uses employees/ agents as work horses with no gas payments or car to use. must drive 2hours per day every day to get business that is more likely to close with you.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
No base salary or benefits
October 15, 2018

Thank you for your review. We're sorry that our Liberty National Agent position isn't meeting your expectations. This position does require hard work and dedication in order to succeed and is not for everyone. It can be a very rewarding career both financially and personally for the right individual. We look forward to seeing you succeed in the future and we thank you for your important contributions to our team's success.

Liberty National Insurce Comany
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Wetumpka, ALOctober 10, 2018
a typical day a liberty national is when you get there you have to get your worksheet and start calling your clients to make the appointment the hardest part about the job is trying to make commission and if you don't get enough appointment you will not go out that day so if you can't go out that day you might not make any money that week.
October 11, 2018

Thank you for your review. We're sorry that our Liberty National Agent position didn't meet your expectations. This position does require hard work and dedication in order to succeed and is not for everyone. It can be a very rewarding career both financially and personally for the right individual. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

It was stressful
Benefits Advisor (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 10, 2018
We started the day calling to recruit agents. I was not fund of this. The calls were made early in the morning when people are the busiest trying to get ready for school and work.

I learned quit a bit about the insurance business. I also learned that a commission only job is not for me.

I did not like the cold calling. I am not a fan of knocking on doors in the hot sun to sell insurance. This was the hardest part for me.

Management was great, very encouraging.

The most enjoyable part of the job was learning about insurance.
Pros
Learning
Cons
Door knocking
October 11, 2018

Thank you for your review. We're very sorry the Agent position didn't meet your expectations and wasn't a good career fit for you. Liberty National is always looking for ways to help our agents succeed in their career and feedback from former agents can help us improve their path to success. Thank you for your hard work and dedication to our team and customers and best of luck to you in your next career path.

Great for people with money
Life Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN 46250October 9, 2018
If you already have money, and are bored with your life, being a salesperson is for you.
commission-based pay means you could potentially go months without pay, like I did, when no one in the area wants whatever you are selling, or already has better service(s).
Yes, that also means that you could potentially make more money than you know what to deal with-IF you find people who really like what you sell.
Certain salespersons could sell ice to Eskimos...but those people are very rare, and I will admit I am not one of them. Especially when it comes to Life Insurance, I barely knew what I was doing, and I was expecting to be trained. I was sent out to the field with my "trainer" (who had only been there a few months longer than me) and was told to make my sales pitch on the 3rd client.
Clients, by the way, are not set up for you like you are told (in this particular company) You have to go "prospecting" which is their legal way of soliciting. These people who I was told had already called in and asked for information had absolutely no idea who I was or that there would be anyone from my organization coming to their door or business-or where I was even coming from.
It was horrible, and I haven't even brought up the ocean of rejection I was thrown into. I'm just glad I am a kind of person whom rejection doesn't bother.
I will never be that kind of salesperson again.
I was also told that when you do eventually make some money, you have to save at minimum 40% of your check to cover taxes at the end of the year, because they will not take taxes out for you, you file a 1099,
  more... which takes MORE taxes out than a w-2 (I did the math on my own taxes, it came out to be SO MUCH MORE).
My "trainer" said that she barely breaks even come tax time, the closest she's been to breaking even es a salesperson (she had another job before she came to this place apparently) was $1,000 she had to pay in taxes. ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS was the CLOSEST she's been to breaking even.
Yeah, no thanks.
Good luck to you though, if you want to go for it.
Pros
helping people, meeting new people
Cons
driving 200 miles twice a day (minimum), never in home-town (as promised), soliciting, All the lies, 1099 forms, no money for 2 months
October 11, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry our Liberty National Agent position didn’t meet your expectations. The experience you had is not representative of the majority of our agents but we do realize this position isn't a perfect fit for everyone. With hard work and dedication, it can be an incredibly rewarding career experience financially and personally for the right individual. Good luck to you in your future career path.

Good people but poor income.
Benefits Specialist / Supervising Agent (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAOctober 9, 2018
Good environment. I was able to move up rapidly. But even in management the pay was terrible and they just kept trying to get you to stay a little longer . They also pushed hard for personal recruiting and recruiting of any kind .
Pros
I was around good hearted Christian people.
Cons
Pay was very small wit a couple good pays to keep you thinking that it will get better.
October 10, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We're glad you enjoyed our positive work environment and appreciate the time you spent at Liberty National. We wish it would have been a better career fit long-term. Good luck to you in your future endeavors.

Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXOctober 8, 2018
The company has no room for advancement. The staff are very polite. They are understanding when personal issues arise. They gave me time off to deal with a personal issues, then hired me back when things were straightened out.
Pros
Layed back
Cons
Poor management
October 9, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We're glad that your time at Liberty National was productive and we thank you for your contribution to our team's success. We wish you nothing but the best in your future career path.

Okay place to work if there were more leads to work
Agent/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 7, 2018
slow environment. not enough leads for everyone to work. We had to call customers which many just hung up the phone and didn't want to talk. We had to go out and visit companies to find business.
October 8, 2018

Thank you for your review. We continually try to improve our Liberty National Agent experience and feedback like yours will help make that possible. Best of luck to you in the future.

Productive, there was always someone to assist you.
Licensed Agent/In House Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAOctober 1, 2018
Gathering leads for clients, making calls and setting appointments.
I've learned the area and met a lot of nice people.
Management was always willing to help.
Workplace culture was uplifting and supportive.
The most enjoyable part of the job was always meeting new clients and presenting new information.
Pros
Free lunches, attending seminars, traveling.
Cons
Non
October 2, 2018

Thank you for your review. We’re glad your time with Liberty National was enjoyable, productive and helped prepare you for what lies ahead. We appreciate the hard work and dedication you gave to our team and customers. Best wishes to you in your future endeavors.

If you want to work for pennies, they can do that for you
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNSeptember 26, 2018
I was told that I was making money. I would see where the money was going into my escrow account but I was never being paid. I had to wait 50 days, yes 50 days to be paid and was only paid $800. I signed 5 contracts and enrolled over 50 people and was never paid accordingly. You work for your SA and they keep your money. This company is a SCAM!!!
September 27, 2018

We are sorry to learn of your experience and take claims of this nature very seriously. We invite you to send us an email to feedback@libnat.com with more details so that we can investigate this matter.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Liberty National. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

1.3InHerSight Score

1.3Personal Development

1.2Career Opportunities

1.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight