LIBERTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS Employee Reviews

Wonderful!
Before and After School Counselor (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOApril 20, 2019
I loved everything about this job! It was perfect for my schedule as a full time college student. Managers were very understanding and accommodating for those of us that either had other jobs or were college students.
Baker/head cooi/seever (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOMarch 31, 2019
Was a fun experience to work at many people learn to get along and work together as a team always a way to learn new tasks to complete the fridge in the job also the side benefits are working banquets and hosting meals for banquet dinners for wrestling and other sports
Fast paced, Stressful
Kid Zone- School Aged Care Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Liberty, MOMarch 30, 2019
Very stressful place to work. Always have to be on alert. Safety is first. Have to deal with students and parents. Not always easy. Co workers are great.
Pros
Able to do things in the daytime
Cons
No breaks, split shift
Over responsible for pay
Transportation Services - Bus Driver (PT) (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOJanuary 25, 2019
If anything goes wrong it is ALWAYS the drivers fault. Supervisors cram ineffective training onto drivers without support or follow-up for the few unruly students
Pros
Holidays
Cons
Blame game
Great people to work with
Substitute Staff Member (Current Employee) –  Liberty, MOOctober 9, 2018
As a substitute, I fill in for teachers, paras, librarians and the office. By working in the office I get to stay up to date with technology. The staff is always helpful with each school. I prefer middle school and high school more than elementary due to a low immune system. The hardest part of the job is when there isn't enough work. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with our youth, our future! I would recommend anyone to work as a substitute.
Pros
schedule flexibility
Cons
some jobs I'd rather not do
Supportive and collaborative environment; very professional
SPECIAL EDUCATION PARAPROFESSIONAL (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOJuly 14, 2018
Liberty Public Schools is among the best school districts in the metro area. It is a supportive, collaborative environment and teachers are genuinely committed to the best interest of the student.
Pros
Teachers and staff love teaching and are great teachers.
Cons
Some buildings are not friendly environments.
My experience working for the administrators, students, staff, etc. was very good!
Broadcasting and Short Stories Instructor (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOJuly 6, 2018
I believe that LPS is a very good place to work. It appears that they are interested in employing young people without experience to keep the salary/budget cost down.
I did enjoy working with the students, staff, families and administration. I would have enjoyed trying to develop programs.
It is a very good school district.
I was only hired for summer school and as a long term substitute for the regular school year. My salary then would not be high on their salary schedule.
I hope in the future to be hired as a administrator or educator.
Pros
Very good working environment.
Cons
The staff is not mature as in age.
Collaborative and child-centered
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Liberty, MOJuly 2, 2018
Good place to work. I feel supported and encouraged. Great friendships formed with co-workers. Management is helpful and kind. Nice families and nice area of Kansas City.
Pros
Wonderful co-workers
Cons
Paid once per month
self motivated to complete tasks
CUSTODIAN (Current Employee) –  Liberty, MOJune 28, 2018
Liberty Public Schools Custodial Department is a great place to work. Management is very helpful and flexible to your needs as an individual. One needs to be motivated while working as a Custodian because you are self motivated to complete tasks, as you work alone. Also like that I manage my time and can get my job done at the pace I set for myself.
Head Driver Trainer/Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Liberty, MOJune 26, 2018
Like working with the students as well as the new employees. People for the most part are good people and have made many friends working here, I also have a good group of driver trainers that I am in charge of.
Stressful and hectic
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOJune 20, 2018
In a typical day I would show up to work and be given a map of the school, with a detailed list of areas to clean. Often 15 - 20 classrooms, a few bathrooms, and the hallways. I learned how to work and clean in a fast professional manner.
The management was poorly organized, often harassed and berated employees.
The hardest part of the job would be dealing with unreal expectations, and favoritism.
The most enjoyable part of the job would be fellow coworkers and the children.
Pros
co workers, children, benefits
Cons
management, snow removal, mandatory overtime (even on holidays)
Good hard Work
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOMarch 26, 2018
What a good place to work. The hours were there every night. This is second shift work. 2:30 to 11 PM. If you like to work on your own and want to do good work without much prase, work here.
Great work enviroment to be in
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOJanuary 20, 2018
While working there i was the youngest guy but a lot of the other guys didn't mind and helped me out. I learned alot from working there. I liked coming into work every day and thats what a job should be about.
Over all a fun place to work.
Lead Electrician (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MODecember 27, 2017
Productive and fun place with great co-workers. Management and staff were very helpful. I learned how to locate underground wiring while working here. The hardest part of the job was coming in early to help with snow removal. The best part of the job was liking the feeling of accomplishment on a daily basis.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Could not get off of work enough while my Mom was dying.
I loved this job
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MODecember 15, 2017
I loved my job at liberty schools along with the people and staff The managment and staff was amazing.... MY most favorite part of the job was being around the kids... i loved this job had to reloate was the only reason for leaving.... it was a great learning experience and opportunity i miss everyone there and am thankful for being apart of that team....
Great district
English Teacher (Current Employee) –  Liberty, MODecember 8, 2017
.LPS has had it's growing pains like any other district, but the leadership tries hard to do the right thing by all its stakeholders. Things that lead to frustration are all the initiatives that get rolled out each year with no time to implement them well before the next ones come out. Also, teachers' hadn't had money added to the schedule in 8 years! That's been painful!
Pros
Great families and peers. Admin really supports trying new ideas.
Cons
Too many initiatives to try to incorporate and too little time for planning
awesome
Long Term Sub Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Liberty, MOSeptember 12, 2017
good people
ethics and morals
quick paced multiple tasks ongoing
must be people oriented and positions involve dealing with people from all over the world.
lots of work
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Liberty, MOMarch 9, 2017
always something new going on it has lone hours the school district does not cover tools expense or reimbursement they don't tool insurance and heath insurance is $1400 month for family
LPS is the lowest paid district in the KC Metro Area
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Custodial DepartmentFebruary 17, 2017
Top Heavy
Poor job protection
Reviews not reflective of pay
Support Staff is grossly undervalued and under paid compared to teaching staff.
Administrators are 90% former Educators
So fun working with children
Kid's Zone Counselor (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOMarch 2, 2016
K-5th grade, before and after school care. Fun to work with the kids. Weekends off and you get paid for going to training. Most employees are studying education and are high school or college students.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LIBERTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2