Liberty Resources, Inc. Employee Reviews

An Incredible way to help children overcome developmental delays
RESIDENTIAL HABILITATION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJuly 26, 2018
Through this position with Liberty Resources, I gained the ability to recognize, and monitor special needs during the crucial early childhood years. I was also given the opportunity to explore ways to creatively spark children’s imaginations, support healthy development, plant the seeds for literacy and deliver culturally intelligent and ethical support. In addition, I was also given the opportunity to explore ways to gauge children's attention and implement learning activities in creative ways. I was also given the opportunity to take an array of foundational knowledge with me that promote expanded knowledge, insight, and the outcomes identified in the company’s core competencies. The knowledge and skills acquired during this time frame served as a foundation for a successful career and lifelong journey of growing understanding and wisdom.
Pros
Flexible, Advocacy, Diversity
Cons
Travel
Great clients poor management.
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Oneida, NYJuly 14, 2018
I loved the clients in the residential program but my supervisors were not supportive and there was a cliche. I was told my B.S. in Human Services was useless.
Good Agency to Work For
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  New York StateJuly 11, 2018
Challenging work but it is rewarding. Management allows flexibility within your day. Salary has increased over my time here. We are compensated comparably to other agencies. The work environment is friendly and diverse. Coworkers are supportive of each other. I enjoy coming to work each day. The most challenging part of the job are state/federal program changes. You definitely have to be able to adapt. Good benefits for full time employees. Myself and my co workers have had opportunities to advance into new positions. I've seen 6 people be promoted. It's a good place to work, if you like a challenge, have patience and a positive attitude.
Pros
workplace culture, flexibility, opportunity for advancement, benefits
Cons
half hour lunch
Enjoy working with my consumer for 10 years now.
Home Health Aide/Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAJuly 5, 2018
Very low pay rate, poor customer service and communication with management. No training or classes have been provided. Numerous problems with paychecks being deposited on time.
Terrible Place to Work!
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJuly 2, 2018
Poor treatment of employees, terrible benefits/salaries, no room for advancement, employee morale was as low as possible. I was told one rate of pay at my interview and when they realized I really needed the job (recent college grad with loans) they offered the postion to me at a MUCH lower pay rate. I should've run then!
Great Job
Administrative Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Darby, PAJune 13, 2018
Great Job needs some improvements like health insurance dental vision and paid time off nothing offeredto the employees. Over all a great company that is helpful to the disabled
Pros
Get the hours
Cons
No pto or health care etc
LIES, Deceit, and favoritism
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJune 11, 2018
I DO NOT recommend working for liberty resources on James Street in Syracuse. Worst place to work. Dirty, horrible management, supervisors have favorites. No help, and staff act like high schoolers. Can't do notes, lack of computers (all broke) except for 3..haha and then you get in trouble for not finishing your notes. Not paid enough to be working with three individuals at a time. Other companies pay way more than you'll ever be paid here at the day hab. 11.61 a hour...thats it.
Pros
Working with the clients
Cons
No breaks, poor management, favoritism between staff
it was a good work place
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 11, 2018
I love working with the consumers they were good people and you will learn a lot they will have you thinking how wood people treat your
family the same way you will treat your consumer
Typical Workday
Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 1, 2018
My typical workday started at 8:30. I would arrive their early and received the tasks I needed to complete from one of the accountants. My tasks included general ledgering and bank reconciliation. I could only work 20 hours a week, Therefore I worked 7 hours twice and 6 hours once.
Nice environmental work place
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 17, 2018
While working at the company I've had the opportunity to meet very good people. The task of the job would never be too big or small to complete. Overall I would recommend the next candidate to work at Liberty Resources
Resigned
Billing Associate (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 12, 2018
Nothing I can say., I was dissappointed and disheartened with this not for profit business. They do not put clients first or employees. Just about profit
Internship
Medical Assisting Internship (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYApril 30, 2018
I enjoyed Liberty Resources due to the supportive team work to give quality care to the patients. I was able to apply what I had learned in my classes to the work environment. Liberty was well time spent for the future of my career.
Pros
growing practice with a kind personal touch
good quality of employement
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 28, 2018
great skills to have for other employement for future work in home care industryhard working , patient are hard to please some of the time from what i remember
Disgruntled
Assistant Supervisor, Resident Counselor (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYApril 4, 2018
I'll admit to being disgruntled and that my experience is most likely unique to me. My Director was an utter piece of garbage, the HR hired the least qualified people to work under me, and when I reported potential abuse it was ignored. I obviously left and I have heard that since one of the people I served died due to negligence that they have shaken things up, although I would not apply there again.
Pros
People I served
Cons
Everything else
Learning experience
Social Worker Intern-Foster Care Program (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 26, 2018
This was an internship position for graduate school. I enjoyed my time there working with children with disabilities. SInce it was an internship position it was only temporary. But I did learn a lot and I was included in all meetings and workshops.
Pros
learning experience
Cons
would have liked to be hired there.
Great company to work for
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 22, 2018
Started out as a temp filing timesheets away. Became a permanent employee after 3 months and established a position as an Administrative Assistant and overseeing the remaining temp staff that came in with me.
Fantastic place to work
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 21, 2018
Amazing company morale, fantastic team efforts, management is beyond amazing. Great work life balance, room for growth. The company offered trainings and opportunities for education.
Pros
Free lunches, raises based on performance.
Cons
Low pay
Fun
Assistan Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 14, 2018
I have a passion for working with others and seeing the happiness on their face. great environment and I get the opportunity to engage with a diverse population
Pros
Individuals
Cons
Seperation
Management was awful
Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 25, 2018
If the management was not as awful as they were, were more professional and the culture of the staff better, this would have been a great place to work. They had a great reason and agenda but the management was horrible. They showed favoritism, constantly nitpicked with employees who were not a part of their "click" and treated the staff very poorly and unfair.
Office Clerk intern
Office Clerk-Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 9, 2018
I worked at Liberty Resource as an intern last year. My supervisors are very helpful. They teach me how to do work each day and how to arrange things correctly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Liberty Resources, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.