Liberty Science Center Employee Reviews

Best Experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Liberty State Park, NJApril 5, 2018
Absolutely loved my experience tremendously and got to meet great people. Everyone was always help full and flexible to change schedules. Very welcoming and encouraging.
Pros
so much engagement
Positive and Educational Work Environment
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMarch 4, 2018
While working in multiple departments with the Liberty Science Center, I was able to learn a lot of valuable skills across multiple fields. Within each department I was able to work with incredible people who made each day both enjoyable and informative.
Fast-Paced environment with a great workplace community
Hospitality Associate (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJFebruary 27, 2018
The thing I enjoy the most about Liberty Science Center is the workplace community. My coworkers are genuine, selfless people who truly push each other for greatness. I can honestly say I made wonderful friends working here. The most difficult thing about this job would be trying to make all guests happy and welcomed. Some guests have outlandish requests and sometimes they cant be met.
Pros
culture, flexible hours
Cons
no healthcare, not enough pay
My opinion
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJFebruary 23, 2018
A typical day at work is easy I know what to expect everyday except the 3rd Thursday of the month because we have a big party and you never know what is going to happen it is exciting though
Reservation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJFebruary 5, 2018
I worked part time for 5 years and never had a boss. I worked on my own and that was difficult at first but you get used to the fast environment. Learned a lot during and the experiences there helped me in other jobs.
Interpretation Associate (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJanuary 11, 2018
Liberty Science Center is a fast paced, energetic and educational place to work. Every day is different and provides new challenges. The various exhibits are not only fun to work in but also provide chances to learn something new.
Great for what it is
Exhibit Technician / Head Carpenter (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJ 07305September 4, 2017
great people. good work environment. minor issues departmentally. i would recommend working here as a starting point for building up work experience. but other than that its a dead end.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
dead end jobs
Fun Place
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJAugust 8, 2017
I can't really say much what the company is like because I was a volunteer here. I can say that the management was amazing and it was a very enjoyable place to be even without a salary.
Pros
lots of events for employees
Cons
gets boring sometimes
Liberty Science Center-Dynamic Culture and Experience
Sales and Community Outreach Intern (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 18, 2017
My internship at Liberty Science Center was phenominal. I was in the sales and finance departments. It was truly an amazing experience. I got a first hand experience on internal procedures and the staff is very friendly and nice. It was dream come true to work their.
Pros
Fun exhibits and culture
Good Bad & Ugly
Various (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJApril 25, 2017
Meet all kinds of great people, and some not so great people.

Learning at LSC just comes with the territory. Have to be a rock to not learn something while there.

Management is a mixed bag. Lots of people pulling rank with bloated titles. More than enough pettiness to go around. The departments that have the good managers are happy employees.

Workplace culture varies widely from a fun team environment to dismal and grating with the blame game being in play too often.

Hardest part of the job is difficult people, whilst the easiest and best part of the job is the many great people that work there.
Pros
Learning! Amazing people! Dynamic environment.
Cons
Enough me-first people to ruin it for everyone. Awful employee support.
Great Place
STEM Educator (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMarch 25, 2017
Liberty Science Center is an amazing place for people to learn and experience science first hand. As an employee, it's always a pleasure coming to work and motivating the public about the the applications of a STEM career.
Pros
Great workplace. Lots of room for exposure
Cons
Not much room for growth
Safety Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJanuary 26, 2017
Great environment to work in. Fun people, good vibes, horrible pay. LSC is a non-profit organization so that will explain why the pay is so low.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Pay stinks
Applied engineering and sciences intern (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJOctober 5, 2015
Great place to work. Management is very flexible and will take new ideas and will work with budgeting on new exhibits or other ideas.
Enjoyable
Sales and Guest Service Reservation Specialists (Current Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 12, 2015
A typical day at work is answering phones and booking reservations for groups, family, and schools. We also do outbound calls as well and recruit the schools and organizations to the Center. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction I had with many people and the bonds that were formed. The hardest part of the job is accepting that there are not alot of raises and promotions and I feel sort of stuck in a situation. My coworkers and Management team are great, financially its just not giving me what I want, or what I need for that matter.
repairing exhibits and managing a team.
Exhibit Technical Manager (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJAugust 10, 2015
I enjoy this job because every day it is something different. We have over 300 exhibits and in any given day an exhibit can go down. I get to maintain the exhibits and interact with the guests. I have hands on experience on the exhibits floors. My co workers and I get along well. My team consist of seven technicians.
Pros
every day it is different, benefits, job comfort
Cons
not a lot of room for a promotion, salary increase
nice place to work
Exhibit Assembler (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 30, 2015
had lots of good times working there.injoy the visitors and children smiling ,making everyone feel at home in the work place.
Pros
free dinner and drinks.
Cons
late night working
Fun place to work but not a career
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 28, 2015
This was a joyful and fun place to work. However there was no room to advance. An employer had been there for 10 years without moving up or getting a raise. Other than that it was a great and interesting place to work.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
No room for advancement, unsteady hours.
Fun learning enviornment
Hospitality Associate (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 17, 2015
Interacted with students and customers, working and learning the newest science wave was incredible. Co-workers were team players, however management was not to good.
Pros
The learning experience
Cons
The lack of respect for employees
Fun place to work very flexible
n/a (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 9, 2015
Environment is flexible and allows for experimentation with new technologies.

Typical day includes lots of user issues and projects to handle.
Cons
no room for growth, little pay
Great place for learning and utilizing 'People Skills'
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 16, 2015
I went in as a Volunteer, Managed exhibits and helped guests with any questions or complaints that they had. If you love kids and would like to work with them and enhance their intellect this is a great place to work. Great environment.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Expensive Lunch