LIBERTY STEEL

LIBERTY STEEL Employee Reviews

I love working there and the people are awesome. The he benefits are also great. I just did not like the fact that there is no job security. The mill goes up and down. One minute its running wide open and your on top of the word. The next thing you know your hour are being cut, then your laid off again. Other than that it is a great place to work.
Pros
pay and medical/dental/ and retirement benefits
Cons
very little job security
There was a guy there that was a temp for over 2 years. They’ll find any reason to keep you as a temp and not hire you in. They can give you a job helping in a different department and if you don’t look like you doing the job at the rate of everyone else because it’s new they’ll get rid of you.
Company does not communicate well, No clear direction is given. Many of my co-workers are unsure of their future because they are unsure of the direction of the company. Lack of leadership results in lots of in-fighting between departments, they are pitted against each other. Benefits are minimal.
It's a great job. There are many opportunities for those willing to show up and work. The starting pay is good with the ability to make even more around 6 months,
Liberty Steel welcomes new employees with arms wide open and readily available overtime to be forced on. The buildings are all 100+ years old, so it's pretty dirty environment.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hours/Management
Fair place but no real advancement opportunities. No serious raise opportunities management not the greatest with communication to employees. It’s not a terrible place to work
Management is poor at best no parts to fix anything properly. Take a machine apart to fix it just to put it back together broken cause they can not get parts. Very poor communication. Management seems like they want to 2 write anyone up for anything and everything
Just got renowned by liberty was keystone seems to have issues paying bills very inconsistent with working and not working also very unhealthy environment for benefits given wouldn’t mind working there if they would give a solid plan and not be up and down like they have been since being renowned
It is a sinking ship, miss managed, no home life, ungrateful supervisor . Consent layoff cause bills are not paid, do not apply, run as fast as you can.
Liberty steel was an alright job. It was a decent pay but horrible working experience and work culture. People having relations in bathrooms and just doing whatever they want.
Work started early , I banded steel,I operated hi -lo, I operated overhead crane by loading trucks also with hi-lo. I kept factory and my area clean.I also kept restroom clean.
My work experience is good . I work well with others and I learn quickly. I'm happy when I'm at work accomplishing my tasks. My work is never done , I'm always looking for more work to do instead of just standing around.
I liked the job would go bk but i moved to oklahoma. All around it was a decent place to work just needed more pay and more overtime i worked afternoons so i never got any ot.
Everything about it sucks..suckssucks..sucks.sucks Sucks Sucks Sucks Worst job ever Sucks Long hours no pay Freezing in the winter .. Hot in the summer
Overall unorganized, no help in training at all. People seem to be think of their own agenda.Not really sure how they make money and business practices are unethical at best.
It's a good place to work it is taxing on the body with all the over time you can work up to 80hrs a week if you like but you can only be forced 2 16hr shifts in a row but I can always get the over time if offered
Working at Liberty Steel for 37 years and seeing the new changes, my opinion is that the new management team in place at Liberty Steel is not moving the company in the proper direction for success.
Machine operators were production driven, fast paced work with lots of forced overtime. It is a union based company with decent benefits and a paid week off after a year of service. The management for the most part were decent to work under and the job was hot and hard work but overall it wasent a bad place to work for. Machine operators would have to work on there own machines most of the time unless it was something major and at that time they would have a mec tech help ya out in whatever way he could to get your machine going again. Worst part about the job is if you were stuck on a machine that wasent running half way decent you could actually lose money with it being no fault of your own. I would be willing to discuss any other questions if I was to be interviewed for a job position.
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
Faulty equipment
Learn a lot from this company they trained me for years how to be safe on the job site to I learn how to tie properly endo and the proper way of reading blue prints without the classes it was a great base on hand on experience job until it was time for me to part ways from that state
Buen ambiente de trabajo y no te presionan, un limpió trabajo
Pros
Seguro médico
Cons
Pretty nice way to stay in shape. And it will definitely make a person who doesn't like physical labor not want to ever work again. But overall it was a nice place
Pros
Paid lunches
  1. Employee Reviews