Liberty Tax Service Employee Reviews

Found 2,712 reviews matching the search See all 2,801 reviews
Good part-time learning experience for tax return preparation.
Income Tax Return Preparer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 15, 2018
Meeting with clients off the street and preparing their tax returns. Learned to interact with all sorts of people. Enjoyed working with management. Very good work culture although I often worked alone. Managing crowds, often with noisy children was the hardest part of the job. Meeting new and interesting people with diverse tax situations was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
No benefits for part-time employees
awesome company
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 13, 2018
I had the best manager ever. That business was amazing and it took care of its employees I would highly recommend them as a place to work. They are a fun company.
Every day is a surprise of new things to learn.
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJuly 13, 2018
I love working at liberty Tax Service every day is a challenge due to all the tax exceptions. No 2 clients are ever the same. I get the client the best refund possible to make them a life long client. I love working with the public.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Seasonal work
Great place to work.
Tax Preparer - LTS Silver Status (Former Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOJuly 13, 2018
Great opportunities and skills you csn take eith you anywhere. Once certified, you can work at any Liberty nationwide. This is not for everyone. You have to be a people person to do this job.
Pros
Your personal tax return is usuallt free.
Cons
Some franchises eill nit allow you to do returns nationwide.
Good while the time being.
advertisor (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 12, 2018
This was my first job so didn't really have a lot of interest in it I just needed the money. I wore a liberty costume while doing this advertisement and although I was made fun of, I did what I had to do.
Pros
first experience
Cons
short
They were not proffessional
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  5040 W Cactus Rd , Glendale ,Az 85304July 12, 2018
The owner of this store front wanted to attract the wrong type if clients for this office area and the prices were set too high for the service , way above tge normal prices
Pros
Good workers
Cons
Unprofessional
Great work envirment
Tax Preparer and Processor (Current Employee) –  United StatesJuly 11, 2018
Payrate need to be higher. Depending on seniority. Its a great place to work and expand yourself u will network with many people. Its great when people trust you
Pros
Bonus checks.
Cons
Payrate
fast moving seasonal job
manager/ office duties (Former Employee) –  Milton, FLJuly 11, 2018
I learned the importance of great customer service.
I fine tuned my multi tasking skills.
I enjoyed managing all the great employees that i hired.
Teaching tax classes gave me a new understanding of the challenges of a new employee in a fast paced office.
I enjoyed all the clients and the marketing i did to increase the productivity of the office.
good experience
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJuly 11, 2018
good experience
was part time, but more than enough to learn a lot
great manager * owner *
good place to work at
nice coworkers
flexible schedule
Time Spent based on 2 Company Cultures
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 10, 2018
Worked within a very progressive technology department that operated with autonomy and separate leadership and culture. Within this organization it was the best part of my 2.5 of 5 years there. Once the technology group was combined with the legacy non-Lean-Agile mindset it was the worst year of my career there.
Too much turn over.
Tax Preparer II (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCJuly 10, 2018
In the 5 years worked there it was sold 3 times with new owners and managers and new rules. Never was given assigned break times and sometimes it was so busy couldn't take one.
Cons
Ethics
Worked a single tax season
Entry Level Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 9, 2018
Learned basic tax preparation skills for a desk job where the computer does 90% of the work and all work was checked and finished by supervisor. Wasn't too bad of a job due to being able to follow directions well.
Nice place to work and improve
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, NYJuly 9, 2018
As an employee you are responsible with handling personal information and entering data accurately into the program. You get to meet plenty of new people that could end up being recurring customers. Everyone is friendly and willing to help out whenever you have a question.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
seasonal
Great way to make extra cash
Manager/trainer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 9, 2018
I started out as a tax preparer. You attend the companies free tax training. The better you catch on the further you will go. Tax season is of course Jan to April with the majority of work being in Feb. People can file by then and those who know they owe money will wait until the last minute. In order to keep getting hours you have to know your stuff. The company provides advanced training for things such as schedule C..E..stocks and bonds..etc. Take those classes! If you can only do basic tax prep, you will not get the hours later on. The next season I came back as a manager and our office was headquarters for my bosses offices so I had more on my plate that other managers.

This is a franchise system so pay and everything will depend on the owners. In our case we were paid and flat fee and then made money off of each return we prepared which was paid at the end of tax season. But you had to have a certain amount of returns in order to get your commission. If you want to work year round, you have to get into management. During the summer you often work with business clients and that is when we went out to business and talked with employees about tax deductions. And in the fall months you teach.

The down side of this is if you decide to leave you can not just transfer When I moved from Charlotte NC to Raleigh, my bosses reached out to see if anyone needed a manager but trying to get a tax job after April 15th is hard. They found me one, but I wouldn't start until September and had bills to pay.

Also you may need to pay for your tax licenses out of pocket. Here in
  more... NC you have to have a P10 it was about $80 when I worked and you had to pay for it first and then you were reimbursed later. And you can not get one if you owe taxes or have other leins such as owed back child support.  less
Pros
Free tax prep..grat second job
Cons
super busy during Feb and if they owe taxes it is somehow your fault!
enjoyable
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Belleview, FLJuly 8, 2018
Liberty Tax Service was a seasonal position. I worked there as a second job to help with income at my home. it helped with the extra bills at home. It was an enjoyable place to work . With friendly coworkers and helping the public.
Pros
easy work
Cons
was none
tax preparation
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Rosamond, CAJuly 8, 2018
In charger of opening and closing business office, answering calls, booking appointments, provide with customer service and resolving conflicts with IRS in behalf of client. Preparing tax returns, e filing and paper filing tax returns, filing documents and printing checks. Able to work and handle things by myself during the entire working day.
promotes hard work
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJuly 6, 2018
flexible hours
my boss was fair did not tolerate disrespect
always looking to promote employees
family atmosphere
you can call him and talk about anything
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
seasonal
Seasonal,part time work
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 6, 2018
Good seasonal position. Good interaction with clients and fellow employees.. Could be stressful at peak times. Training was minimal , ,l was fortunate to have prior tax prep experience.
Pros
Short work period, flexible scheduling
Cons
Stressful at times
Liberty Tax
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Exmore, VAJuly 5, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Liberty Tax. I was able to learn about filing taxes and the deductions that can be applied. Learning how to file taxes is something everyone need to learn.
Liberty Tax Service
Receptionist/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLJuly 5, 2018
no overtime or benefits you do get experience working with all walks of life you receive tax knowledge and auto and health insurance answer questions and gice tax advice nake appointments translater in Spanish learn some irs laws and health and auto insurance
Pros
lunches
Cons
health care taxes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Liberty Tax Service. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight