Liberty Tire Recycling, LLC Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work!
Administrator (Current Employee) –  North Liberty, INAugust 30, 2018
Liberty is the largest tire recycling company in the world. I enjoy that I am consistently challenged. Managers are respectful and the atmosphere is very relaxing. Liberty will also promote within.
it was a job
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Sturgis, KY 42459August 22, 2018
I chopped tires, I learned to use other equipment such as forklift, management was okay turnover was big there, the hardest part was doing someone elses job because they didn't show up and the most enjoyable part was going home.
Pros
working
Cons
not enough people
A very stressful exhausting job they exspect a lot out of there workers and then not have machines trucks and other things up to date!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXAugust 19, 2018
It was a very hard job they don’t pay by hr you get paid by the amount of work you do. But then there equipment wouldn’t be working so you couldn’t complete your daily job and they want to get mad at you. Which is unfair due to it was fault of the company that you couldn’t complete your daily route!
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Stressful, hardly have a life and it’s a very dirty job!
Great company to work for.
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 15, 2018
I am currently in the maintenance department and have been with the company for almost 12 years.

What I love about this company is that there is always something to do. The overtime is great no matter what the season is.

Great benefits. Great team.
Pros
Great management. Always willing to help out.
Good place to work if you are single
Billing/Collections Clerk (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXAugust 14, 2018
Great hard-working people. The pay isn't enough to take care of a large family, but if you are single then that's a great place to start. Location isn't bad either. Very nice manager.
Pros
People
Cons
pay
As an employee, I am just a rented tool.
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Rockledge, FLAugust 8, 2018
While I did rally my coworkers by exhibiting a solid work ethic. I was highly involved in the day to day operations. I believe I simply put to much heart into my job, thus creating a wedge with lower tier supervisors.
Pros
Equal Opportunity
Cons
Home and family life suffers from needing rest, sleep, etc.
Fortunate to work here!!
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 3, 2018
I have been with the company for over 10 years.
I started off as a receptionist and I'm currently the Office/Shipping Manager. This is definitely a wonderful company to work for. They have tremendous opportunities to grow within the company and offer excellent benefits. Most importantly, they make you feel like family.
physically demanding
TIRE HANDLER / MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GAJune 14, 2018
Liberty paid fairly well and lots of overtime but it is a hot and physically demanding job. My mother was diagnosed with cancer during my employment and the boss was not willing to work with me on being out with her.
Great job. I came here because of the benefits
Deisel Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 29, 2018
I left my old job because of the benefits. Liberty tire recycling LLC has a great benefit plan it works amazing for me and my family. The work is great and everyone is easy to work with. If you don't understand something they are willing to take the time to show you so you understand what is going on and how to fix it the right way. I would definitely recommend working here to anyone I know it is a great company.
I got a second change at LTR!
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 24, 2018
I decided to come back to LTR because of the overtime. There is always consistent work and hours. People are friendly and nice to you. Money is great!
Pros
Overtime
Great opportunity!
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 24, 2018
I like that I have the opportunity to work extra hours (overtime). Every day is different and that makes the day go by fast. I really enjoy learning about the different machines and equipment that we have. It is pretty cool how we contribute to the environment and our communities by creating friendly environmental products.
Great Team Environment!
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 24, 2018
I have been with Liberty Tire Recycling for several years and I have really enjoyed working for them. I like the work environment and that we are always working as a team to meet production goals.
Work Environmrnt
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, TXMay 24, 2018
I enjoyed working with the truck drivers and the customers. The other labor employees were good to work with and some of the management was good to work for. But there was some that felt they had special privileges and that they were in a position to run the show.
liberty
Driver/Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 23, 2018
very hot but good work envirement you will be taking tires and putting them in 26 foot box trucks filling contaoners with old tires so they can be ecycled
Great place to work.
equipment operator. (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 2, 2018
I enjoy working at Liberty Tire. I really like the opportunity to work overtime on a daily basis. It is very labor intensive and you go home tired, but if you are willing to work hard than you definitely see the rewards when you get your check.
a good place to work
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 2, 2018
I have been working in liberty tire recycling for the last 3 years and enjoy working at Liberty tire recycling i would recommend Liberty to anyone looking for employment. The work is steady and employment available
Pros
overtime
Cons
weather
hard but satisfying
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Marion, KYMay 2, 2018
stacking semi tires was physically demanding but i like it plus it kept me in shape and i slept great every night. I truly loved operating the machinery
Great Place to work
N/A (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 25, 2018
I have been here 3 years and really enjoy working at Liberty. I am surrounded by great people who are fair and willing to teach and work as a team.

A healthy work life balance is encouraged. I would recommend Liberty to anyone looking for employment.
not a good company to work for
Safety mgr (Former Employee) –  Saltillo, MSApril 15, 2018
Low pay and a lot of hours. outside work for most employees. Rain, shine, sleet or snow your expected to work. Not a family friendly place to work. would not recommend this company to anyone
Pros
none i hated that place
Cons
to many to list
Fun place to work
Senior Driver (Current Employee) –  Calhoun, GAApril 1, 2018
Liberty Tire is a great place with a friendly atmosphere. We are drug free. We have an open door policy, and recently started some new programs for bonuses. I enjoy my job at Liberty Tire as a local driver very much. I've been at Liberty for 5 years,home every night. We have a friendly office staff. Recently our trucks were upgraded. Things are really improving here so don't let bad reviews keep you from giving us a try. What didn't work for others might be the perfect job for you.
Pros
Recent pay increase
Cons
You dont do your job you get fussed at

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Liberty Tire Recycling, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.