Liberty Tire Recycling, LLC Employee Reviews

Great Environment
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Savage, MNMarch 22, 2019
Just started a few months ago and I like the people I work with, great teamwork too. Everyone is friendly and it's family oriented. Also good pay and benefits.
Great environment
Crumb operator (Current Employee) –  DSMMarch 22, 2019
Great environment quality work pace and hours good management and people. They pay you well and treat you right if you show up on time everyday and work hard
Overworked, Inhumane Pay, Theft
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 22, 2019
Do not work here. The work you do is not compensated for fairly. Highly inhumane. You must be there before 6a.m and won’t know what time you get off. The work is very strenuous on your body and you will not be offered a day or 2 off to recover until you are used to the work. Employees will steal your personal belongings and management won’t make an effort to resolve the issue professionally. This place will likely face a big lawsuit soon.
Pros
Self reliant
Cons
Inhumane pay. Unstable hours. Thief employees. Overworked
Hard work, Great environment
Truck Loader (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INMarch 20, 2019
The nature of my job at Liberty Tire ensured a change of scenery several times a day every day. The labor was steady but not overwhelming and the environment was friendly.
Pros
Diversity
Terrible place
Warehouse associate (Current Employee) –  Minerva, OHMarch 15, 2019
This is a very hostile place to work. Management is very bad. You never know what hours you will work or if they have work. Some days there is no work and management says he doesn't care because he gets paid regardless. Management speaks down to employees. Cussing them out, screaming and yelling, belittling other employees and letting them know he makes more than they do. They need to get rid of the two top managers in minerva and find a professional to manage. Some days you are ordered to show up to work at 4 a.m. other days 6 a.m. Some days you are told to go home at 12:30 p.m other days 3:30 p.m.
Pros
Cons
not enough hours, low pay, managers do not know how to manage
Productive. Vending machines. Water coolers
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMarch 11, 2019
I work 8 hour shift. Nice place to work. Get along with others well. The company will help you out any way they can. Christmas party was nice. We have paid holidays. CHRISTMAS BONUS
Pros
Free uniforms. Ppe free. Free life insurance and accidental ins.
Cons
Dirty
The work is very physical, you are over worked for the pay that is offered.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TX 77521February 28, 2019
It's a low paying job where you can work when no one else will hire you (background friendly) and they work it to their advantage. High turnover of employees. Over worked, they don't care about you, they care about the work that you put in. READ WHAT YOU SIGN!
Pros
Background Friendly
Cons
Underpaid
March 10, 2019

Thank you for sharing your comment. We apologize for what you experienced, but certainly appreciate your hard work while working with Liberty Tire Recycling. We sincerely wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Do not apply here
Rather not say (Former Employee) –  Auburndale, WIFebruary 13, 2019
I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy. It pays well but that’s simply making a deal with the devil. Management is a bully who uses threats and scare tactics to get you to do what he wants. If he doesn’t like you it is only a matter of time before he finds a way to get you to quit or he fires you. There is no regard for employees and injuries they incur instead those who work their butts off and get injured are pressured to feel like they are a disappointment because they ruined the safety numbers. Management is unchecked by corporate or any HR and runs the facility like a tyrant ruling a kingdom in that he can cuss you out, make an example out of you in front of everyone, or tell inappropriate jokes without any fear of reprimand from anyone above him. It is a shock this place has not been sued for hostile work environment or worse. So if thinking of applying, please steer clear it’ll be the best thing you’ll do.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
February 20, 2019

Thank you for your comment. We sincerely apologize for how you feel, as we value every employee who is a part of our Liberty Tire Recycling family. We appreciate your hard work and truly hope you enjoyed your time while working for us. Good luck in all that comes your way in the future.

Good Ole' Boy Culture, Not for professionals
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 10, 2019
Different strokes for different folks, no diversity in management. Its like walking 100 years back in time, White in office, Black and brown labor. No work life balance for employees. They do not care about workers, HR is a joke and no advancement opportunity. Office is literally a trailer that is overpacked, dirty, with holes in the floor. Not for professionals, don't waste your time.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
managememt
February 11, 2019

Thank you for your comment. We apologize for how you feel, as we truly appreciate and value every employee who is a part of our Liberty Tire Recycling family. Good luck in all that comes your way in the future.

Long, dirty days.
Tire Stacker (Former Employee) –  Marion, KYFebruary 7, 2019
A typical day consisted of sorting, stacking and grinding tires of numerous sizes in various weather conditions. I learned a lot about the multiple revenues of recycling tires. The management wasn't around very often. The workplace culture was kind of crude. The hardest part of the job crawling into the grinder and changing the teeth of the blades. The most enjoyable part of the job was the physical labor.
Pros
Physical labor.
Cons
16 hr shifts in the snow
February 11, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide your comment. We sincerely hope you enjoyed working with Liberty Tire Recycling and appreciate your hard work. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Fast pace. Stressfull
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 28, 2019
Felon friendly job. Lots of hours. 2 breaks 15 min. 30 min lunch. Gonna need proper attire. Steel towed boats, Coveralls, extra lauers when cold. Basically a outside job.
February 6, 2019

Thank you for sharing your comment, your feedback is highly appreciated. We hope you enjoyed your time while working for Liberty Tire Recycling. We wish you the best of luck in all of your future endeavors.

Productive and fast-paced workplace
Crumb Operator (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLJanuary 25, 2019
* A typical day consisting of shredding tires
* I learned how to use a forklift
* The hardest part of the job was constantly on your feet and moving
Pros
Productive and fast-paced
February 6, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide your comment. We sincerely hope you enjoyed your time while being employed with Liberty Tire Recycling. Good luck in all that comes your way in the future.

Highly emoral
General Manger (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHJanuary 15, 2019
Liberty Tire Services, LLC is your typical top down archaic run organization, driven by profits alone. Huge push to replace our American work force to a Migrant piece count format.
January 16, 2019

Thank you for your comment. We apologize for how you feel, as we value every employee who is a part of our Liberty Tire Recycling family. We truly hope you enjoyed your time while working for us and sincerely wish you the best in your future endeavors.

You dont get a raise no matter how hard you work
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, TXJanuary 10, 2019
Not a good place to work , for starter they expect hard work from you ,people are rude and have a short temper not a friendly place to work at expect hard work for less pay
January 16, 2019

It’s an alright job.
Yard Worker (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 26, 2018
It’s alright, the office manager rips you off of your money and when you asked for it she won’t give it. When you ask the Manager to do something about it he won’t but if you need a job then work there.
Poor place to work
Maintenance manager (Former Employee) –  Savage, MNNovember 29, 2018
They don’t pay the hourly employees enough money even tho some of them have been there for +15 years.

Total lack of communication. Lack of practiced safety, they talk about being safe but the job comes before you are actually safe.
Cons
Not a safe place to work in
Grading and shredding
Grade and Shred (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IANovember 19, 2018
its usually about 6 of us out on the dock 2 of us will be in the semi truck bed unloading the tires off of the 18 wheelers another 2 people will be just outside the trucks doors to ensure that the tire go to the shredding bed so that the graders may pick out the recycable tires grade them for the company to resale them
Pros
good money
Cons
strenuious
stressful
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marion KyNovember 6, 2018
Stressful job because of the people that worked there at that time. Lots of yelling and not being respected for the hard work that i put in. Those guys work hard and do not get paid enough for it.
Bad,unfair and trifling
Helper/Laborer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 22, 2018
You have to get there by 6am every morning and more than likely u will work until 8pm.
You have to work weekends and weekdays
They are an unorganized organization and they will mess with ur pay without telling you
I was there best worker and they made me feel unappreciated
Pros
N/a
Cons
Not orginized
Fast pace work enviornment.
Tire Handler/ Metal Bagger/ Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Calhoun, GAOctober 5, 2018
Fast pace work environment that is for heavy lifters. Liberty Tire Recycling does their best to take care of their employess. They offer incentive bonuses for safety.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Liberty Tire Recycling, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.