Liberty Tire Recycling, LLC Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
stay away
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rockledge, FLJuly 12, 2018
the safety issues is overwellming one guy died one broke his arm there are no safety rules in place so accident last year alone was 96 the year before was 88
Great job. I came here because of the benefits
Deisel Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 29, 2018
I left my old job because of the benefits. Liberty tire recycling LLC has a great benefit plan it works amazing for me and my family. The work is great and everyone is easy to work with. If you don't understand something they are willing to take the time to show you so you understand what is going on and how to fix it the right way. I would definitely recommend working here to anyone I know it is a great company.
I got a second change at LTR!
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 24, 2018
I decided to come back to LTR because of the overtime. There is always consistent work and hours. People are friendly and nice to you. Money is great!
Pros
Overtime
Great opportunity!
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 24, 2018
I like that I have the opportunity to work extra hours (overtime). Every day is different and that makes the day go by fast. I really enjoy learning about the different machines and equipment that we have. It is pretty cool how we contribute to the environment and our communities by creating friendly environmental products.
Great Team Environment!
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 24, 2018
I have been with Liberty Tire Recycling for several years and I have really enjoyed working for them. I like the work environment and that we are always working as a team to meet production goals.
Work Environmrnt
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, TXMay 24, 2018
I enjoyed working with the truck drivers and the customers. The other labor employees were good to work with and some of the management was good to work for. But there was some that felt they had special privileges and that they were in a position to run the show.
liberty
Driver/Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 23, 2018
very hot but good work envirement you will be taking tires and putting them in 26 foot box trucks filling contaoners with old tires so they can be ecycled
Great place to work.
equipment operator. (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 2, 2018
I enjoy working at Liberty Tire. I really like the opportunity to work overtime on a daily basis. It is very labor intensive and you go home tired, but if you are willing to work hard than you definitely see the rewards when you get your check.
a good place to work
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 2, 2018
I have been working in liberty tire recycling for the last 3 years and enjoy working at Liberty tire recycling i would recommend Liberty to anyone looking for employment. The work is steady and employment available
Pros
overtime
Cons
weather
hard but satisfying
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Marion, KYMay 2, 2018
stacking semi tires was physically demanding but i like it plus it kept me in shape and i slept great every night. I truly loved operating the machinery
Great Place to work
N/A (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 25, 2018
I have been here 3 years and really enjoy working at Liberty. I am surrounded by great people who are fair and willing to teach and work as a team.

A healthy work life balance is encouraged. I would recommend Liberty to anyone looking for employment.
not a good company to work for
Safety mgr (Former Employee) –  Saltillo, MSApril 15, 2018
Low pay and a lot of hours. outside work for most employees. Rain, shine, sleet or snow your expected to work. Not a family friendly place to work. would not recommend this company to anyone
Pros
none i hated that place
Cons
to many to list
Fun place to work
Senior Driver (Current Employee) –  Calhoun, GAApril 1, 2018
Liberty Tire is a great place with a friendly atmosphere. We are drug free. We have an open door policy, and recently started some new programs for bonuses. I enjoy my job at Liberty Tire as a local driver very much. I've been at Liberty for 5 years,home every night. We have a friendly office staff. Recently our trucks were upgraded. Things are really improving here so don't let bad reviews keep you from giving us a try. What didn't work for others might be the perfect job for you.
Pros
Recent pay increase
Cons
You dont do your job you get fussed at
Days always busy and new challenges presented almost daily
Project Manger (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaMarch 27, 2018
Very good, stable company with many opportunities. Cares about their employees and works very hard to create a safe work environment. Company dedicates time to Clean Sweep events just to focus on housekeeping and safety.
Relaxed work environment/ Work-Life Balance/poor advancement
Tax Accountant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 27, 2018
Overall working for Liberty Tire Recycling is not stressful, for the most part coworkers are a joy to work with. The set-back is the pay and the lack of advancement.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, relax work environment
Cons
Low Salary, limited advancement
Steady, dependable work
Current employee (Current Employee) –  Marion, KYMarch 20, 2018
If you know how to show up every day and put out some effort this is the place to work. If you don't really want to work but just have to show you have a job (for court maybe), then this is going to be way too much effort for you. Raised on a farm, worked on a river boat, now THAT'S hard work! Rain or shine, hot or cold, still gotta git r done... Great GM - there is no more generous person on the Earth. Not for the lazy, but if you have a strong body, good work ethic,and most of all need to feed your family and pay your bills it is a good steady job.
Pros
Get to work outdoors
Cons
Have to work outdoor
Great place to work GREAT People
Manager (Current Employee) –  Midlothian, TXMarch 20, 2018
Liberty Tire Recycling is a GREAT place to work with GREAT People. Casual atmosphere. People work hard but enjoy their work. The managers are fair and honest, I learned how to be a better managers.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Hard work
Great job for security and camaraderie
Manager (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXMarch 20, 2018
Great company to work for, its fast pace and secure job. The company really cares and takes care of its employees. The benefits are good and there is room for advancement. Management works with the employees daily to help them focus on there safety and the safety of there coworkers. I enjoy the culture and camaraderie of all the employees here and i recommend this company very highly.
Pros
Job security, good benefits, camaraderie
Cons
Manual labor, changing weather conditions.
Teamwork is Key
Management Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Field WorkMarch 20, 2018
Liberty is a great place to work. everyone is on the same "team" striving to improve everyday. If you are not afraid of working everyday, and like a competitive steady paycheck Liberty is for you.
Pros
Benefits, Teamwork Time Off No Layoffs
Cons
Manual Labor Involved
Well run company in a difficult industry
Risk Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 20, 2018
Company is fortunate to have very experienced management with a background in waste management, especially scrap tire recycling. Business model is sound and company is developing a clear vision on growth and productivity. Liberty Tire puts the safety of its employees first and goes to great lengths to train and protect employees.
Pros
Excellent management with clear vision
Cons
Labor intensive industry