Liberty Tire Recycling, LLC Employee Reviews

Featured review
Liberty Tire Recycling, LLC selected this as a representative review
Good company
Dispatch Manager (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, TXApril 9, 2019
Liberty tire cares and respects their people. Good work environment and management. Management staff support you to be successful. Always growing and improving and room for growth.
Pros
Work hours
My Time with Liberty
Human Resource and Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLMay 12, 2019
Working with Liberty was a learning curb for me. I was hired to to be the HR Manager and set up the HR department for the Port Saint Lucie office. Soon after being there, I noticed that safety needed to be addressed. I quickly developed safety programs and training material to help employees learn how to work safe while doing their daily job duties.
Within 90 days of my employment, I was promoted to be the safety and HR Manager for three shifts. I reduced the temporary employees by 85 percent, This was reduced cost. All employees learn to work together. I developed a Safety Committee and train them to help develop a better safety culture. Together we reduced incidents and injuries. I worked with the workers compensation and attorneys to help close claims, Prepared 300, 301A and monthly reports for the corporate office.
This was a high demanding job but I also felt like I was helping my co workers work safe.
Pros
I felt like I helped all the employees work safe
Cons
no support from management
Not a good environment to work
Maintenance Tech/ Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMay 2, 2019
This place will hire anyone but treats them like animals . I've personally heard Management not only degrade employee's on a daily basis but I've also heard Management joke about how badly they treat there employee's. Even corporate allows it to go on.
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything eles
May 9, 2019

Thank you for your comment. We apologize for how you feel, as we value every employee who is a part of our Liberty Tire Recycling family. We truly hope you enjoyed your time while working for us and sincerely wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Stressful
Driver (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNApril 29, 2019
Big heavy tires you had to pickup and throw on the trailer. Job really sucks. People you work with don't want to work,you have to do all the work. people you work with have a bad attitude, supervisors don't teach you well, people in the office don't do there job well. The people in the entire company are shady. I will not have my worse enemy work there.
Pros
You go to a hotel and sleep
Cons
Your entire body hurts, you definitely need to be in a hotel
May 9, 2019

Thank you for sharing your comment. We apologize for what you experienced, but certainly appreciate your hard work while working with Liberty Tire Recycling. We sincerely wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Very dirty work (specially when it rained).
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCApril 24, 2019
This is a great company to work for, but I say this only having worked there 2 days.
Although I was there a mere 2 days I could tell that everyone looked out for their co-workers.
Management seemed to be aware of what was going on with their employees. I didn’t notice any biases towards anyone.
However, the work was just simply disgusting. A typical day consisted of one driving anywhere from 50-250 miles to one store, then another and so on till you completed either all the stops you were scheduled for or your 53’ trailer was full of tires. I didn’t mind the physical aspect of the job, till the 2nd day it rained.
I’ll give you an idea of my reason for quitting; when you have a stack of old tires piled up and it rains, most tires fill up with water so it would make them nearly twice as heavy and when you pick up that tire and you think the water spilled while picking it up, and you proceed to throw it in the trailer, you get old, nasty, smelly water spilled all over your face and clothes. I got into fist fights with a bunch of tires due to this happening multiple times. Needless to say I never won.
I’ll say this: if you don’t mind getting dirty to this extent (at times), this is a great opportunity.
You work with a helper the entirety of your shift. I worked for this company about 8 months ago, but completely forgot to write a review and believe that people should be aware of what they’re getting into.
When I was there all trucks were manual so if you’re not slightly good you might want to look elsewhere.
They provide you with gloves and required attire.
Pros
Good pay, benefits, and team work.
Cons
when it rains the work is nearly impossible and extremely dirty.
April 29, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide your comment. We appreciate your feedback.

Really good place to work.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GAApril 23, 2019
It's an easy job and the pay it's good, after the 3 month period you get hours vacation, the managers are nice, the schedules are flexible, good health care.
Pros
Over time
Cons
Too dirty
April 29, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide your comment. We appreciate your feedback and value your thoughts.

You have too keep an eye on your tire count and pay review.
Lead Driver (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 15, 2019
Just keep the pace and you can make it. Your tire count is all you have to prove your work. So keep track and I would suggest talking potos. Don’t be afraid to speak up for yourself if feel you’ve been treated unfairly.
April 22, 2019

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We value your feedback and appreciate your hard work.

Even paced work environment
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Calhoun, GAApril 12, 2019
Decent place to work if you don’t mind standing on your feet for 12 hours a day and don’t mind getting dirty from head to toe drug free environment so don’t have to worry about that
Pros
Swing shift
Cons
Bad break rooms
April 15, 2019

Work for tonnage, most staff are unfriendly and not knowledgeable in the field of work they work on.
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Savage, MNApril 12, 2019
Stay away, very stressful and you are basically making minimum wage comparing the hours you work. Management is horrible and the office help is the worst.
Pros
Better then being homeless
Cons
Office staff, money

ok place to work
Route Helper (Former Employee) –  Savage, MNApril 11, 2019
I didn't really like being out of town and the people there were not very friendly I could have lived on the pay whice was good but I had to leave because my fiancé and I were expecting a child
April 15, 2019

Thank you for sharing your comment, your feedback is highly appreciated. We hope you enjoyed your time while working for Liberty Tire Recycling. We wish you the best of luck in all of your future endeavors.

Decent but alot needs to change in order for the Site to survive
Worker (Current Employee) –  OhioApril 6, 2019
You will be tested mentally and physically. The best part of the job is the crew. The worst part is management. They don't act like the workers matter. When they realize that the workers are they ones that make or break the company, they will be firing on all cylinders! Stop being big headed and take care of your employees. A lot of these guys have NOTHING and they rely on us..weather it be just the way you talk to someone. YOU are the one responsible for your employees, so treat them with respect.
April 8, 2019

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, we value your feedback and appreciate your hard work.

Great Environment
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Savage, MNMarch 22, 2019
Just started a few months ago and I like the people I work with, great teamwork too. Everyone is friendly and it's family oriented. Also good pay and benefits.

Great environment
Crumb operator (Current Employee) –  DSMMarch 22, 2019
Great environment quality work pace and hours good management and people. They pay you well and treat you right if you show up on time everyday and work hard

Overworked, Inhumane Pay, Theft
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 22, 2019
Do not work here. The work you do is not compensated for fairly. Highly inhumane. You must be there before 6a.m and won’t know what time you get off. The work is very strenuous on your body and you will not be offered a day or 2 off to recover until you are used to the work. Employees will steal your personal belongings and management won’t make an effort to resolve the issue professionally. This place will likely face a big lawsuit soon.
Pros
Self reliant
Cons
Inhumane pay. Unstable hours. Thief employees. Overworked

Hard work, Great environment
Truck Loader (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INMarch 20, 2019
The nature of my job at Liberty Tire ensured a change of scenery several times a day every day. The labor was steady but not overwhelming and the environment was friendly.
Pros
Diversity

Terrible place
Warehouse associate (Current Employee) –  Minerva, OHMarch 15, 2019
This is a very hostile place to work. Management is very bad. You never know what hours you will work or if they have work. Some days there is no work and management says he doesn't care because he gets paid regardless. Management speaks down to employees. Cussing them out, screaming and yelling, belittling other employees and letting them know he makes more than they do. They need to get rid of the two top managers in minerva and find a professional to manage. Some days you are ordered to show up to work at 4 a.m. other days 6 a.m. Some days you are told to go home at 12:30 p.m other days 3:30 p.m.
Pros
Cons
not enough hours, low pay, managers do not know how to manage

Productive. Vending machines. Water coolers
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMarch 11, 2019
I work 8 hour shift. Nice place to work. Get along with others well. The company will help you out any way they can. Christmas party was nice. We have paid holidays. CHRISTMAS BONUS
Pros
Free uniforms. Ppe free. Free life insurance and accidental ins.
Cons
Dirty
March 29, 2019

The work is very physical, you are over worked for the pay that is offered.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TX 77521February 28, 2019
It's a low paying job where you can work when no one else will hire you (background friendly) and they work it to their advantage. High turnover of employees. Over worked, they don't care about you, they care about the work that you put in. READ WHAT YOU SIGN!
Pros
Background Friendly
Cons
Underpaid
March 10, 2019

It was a ok job
Rasper Granulation Manager (Former Employee) –  Savage, MNFebruary 19, 2019
It is a good paying job if you like to work 24 7 year round it is dirty and hard work but the people are great to work with would go back if I still lived there
February 28, 2019

Do not apply here
Rather not say (Former Employee) –  Auburndale, WIFebruary 13, 2019
I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy. It pays well but that’s simply making a deal with the devil. Management is a bully who uses threats and scare tactics to get you to do what he wants. If he doesn’t like you it is only a matter of time before he finds a way to get you to quit or he fires you. There is no regard for employees and injuries they incur instead those who work their butts off and get injured are pressured to feel like they are a disappointment because they ruined the safety numbers. Management is unchecked by corporate or any HR and runs the facility like a tyrant ruling a kingdom in that he can cuss you out, make an example out of you in front of everyone, or tell inappropriate jokes without any fear of reprimand from anyone above him. It is a shock this place has not been sued for hostile work environment or worse. So if thinking of applying, please steer clear it’ll be the best thing you’ll do.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
February 20, 2019

Thank you for your comment. We sincerely apologize for how you feel, as we value every employee who is a part of our Liberty Tire Recycling family. We appreciate your hard work and truly hope you enjoyed your time while working for us. Good luck in all that comes your way in the future.

Good Ole' Boy Culture, Not for professionals
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 10, 2019
Different strokes for different folks, no diversity in management. Its like walking 100 years back in time, White in office, Black and brown labor. No work life balance for employees. They do not care about workers, HR is a joke and no advancement opportunity. Office is literally a trailer that is overpacked, dirty, with holes in the floor. Not for professionals, don't waste your time.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
managememt
February 11, 2019

Thank you for your comment. We apologize for how you feel, as we truly appreciate and value every employee who is a part of our Liberty Tire Recycling family. Good luck in all that comes your way in the future.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Liberty Tire Recycling, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.