Liberty Tire Recycling, LLC Employee Reviews in Calhoun, GA

Featured review
Liberty Tire Recycling, LLC selected this as a representative review
Good company
Dispatch Manager (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, TXApril 9, 2019
Liberty tire cares and respects their people. Good work environment and management. Management staff support you to be successful. Always growing and improving and room for growth.
Pros
Work hours
It's alright
Moving tires (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GAJune 19, 2019
This is also a decent job to is just be extremely hot have to keep dehydrated first and second shift 8 to 5 and 5 to 11 one thing I like about the job today and safety meetings every day after work
Really good place to work.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GAApril 23, 2019
It's an easy job and the pay it's good, after the 3 month period you get hours vacation, the managers are nice, the schedules are flexible, good health care.
Pros
Over time
Cons
Too dirty
Official response from Liberty Tire Recycling, LLC
April 29, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide your comment. We appreciate your feedback and value your thoughts.

Even paced work environment
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Calhoun, GAApril 12, 2019
Decent place to work if you don’t mind standing on your feet for 12 hours a day and don’t mind getting dirty from head to toe drug free environment so don’t have to worry about that
Pros
Swing shift
Cons
Bad break rooms
Official response from Liberty Tire Recycling, LLC
April 15, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide your comment. We appreciate your feedback.

Fast pace work enviornment.
Tire Handler/ Metal Bagger/ Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Calhoun, GAOctober 5, 2018
Fast pace work environment that is for heavy lifters. Liberty Tire Recycling does their best to take care of their employess. They offer incentive bonuses for safety.
physically demanding
TIRE HANDLER / MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GAJune 14, 2018
Liberty paid fairly well and lots of overtime but it is a hot and physically demanding job. My mother was diagnosed with cancer during my employment and the boss was not willing to work with me on being out with her.
Fun place to work
Senior Driver (Current Employee) –  Calhoun, GAApril 1, 2018
Liberty Tire is a great place with a friendly atmosphere. We are drug free. We have an open door policy, and recently started some new programs for bonuses. I enjoy my job at Liberty Tire as a local driver very much. I've been at Liberty for 5 years,home every night. We have a friendly office staff. Recently our trucks were upgraded. Things are really improving here so don't let bad reviews keep you from giving us a try. What didn't work for others might be the perfect job for you.
Pros
Recent pay increase
Cons
You dont do your job you get fussed at
Hard work, but reliable work. Overtime available. Good management
Rasper Operator (Current Employee) –  Calhoun, GAMarch 2, 2018
This is not as bad a place as its often heard. The work is steady and employment available. Yes, the work is rough and the environment is dirty, but if you are willing to work hard and can handle a lil dirty, then you have a job. The management staff has always tried to accommodate (where they can) and has even implemented my own suggestions when I was new. The coworkers are of a rougher and tougher stock, but if you are willing to pull your weight, they'll be more than willing to jump in and help you when needed.
Pros
Steady work, no layoffs, supervisors have worked their way up
Cons
Loud and dirty environment. Potential hazards around heavy equipment
Exciting work experience
Rasper (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GAJanuary 30, 2018
Pleasent and interesting work learned alot about the recycling process of tires. Shown the basic functions before work and learned even more hands on. Everything is either provided or within arms reach. No worries for safety or yourself very equiped with all you may have the need for.
Decent
Tire Handler (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GANovember 28, 2017
Is definitely a decent pay you start out getting paid every week if you start out as a temp if you are hired on it is every two weeks it is dirty but the job isn't too hard just keep showing up on time and do your job and everything will be fine
Pros
Work isn't too hard supervisors are good
Cons
Can't leave for lunch
Very advanced.
Maintenance Mechanic/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GAOctober 25, 2016
This company is very advanced in Safety, and electrical machines. I enjoyed being a part in the maintenance, and management team. We provided a safe work place, at a very demanding production rate. The machines, and equipment were always checked on a hourly basis. We were always open to new ideas, and improvements. I learned alot about maintaining the equipment, trouble shooting, fabrication, and leadership.
Pros
Greatpay, benifits
Cons
Dirty
fun place to work, nice co-workers, very nice supervisor
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GASeptember 6, 2015
My co-workers were very nice and I never had a problem with any of them. I liked the atmosphere. I worked at my own pace. The work was easy and fun. My supervisor was very polite and nice.
Tough place to start for the salary, should of been paid a little higher than 10.00/hr
Assembler/Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GAJanuary 10, 2013
recycle used tires and rubber.Unload tractor trailer trucks from front to back. Driver fork lift or bobcat. Operate JLG lift on the daily bases. Climb up to 20 ft. high for maintenance.
Pros
okay pay
Cons
dangerous work for the pay