LIBERTY TRANSPORTATION Employee Reviews

Great company
Owner/Operator (Current Employee) –  Greensburg, PANovember 3, 2018
Good place to work as an owner op.
Everyone knows you by name and face. Feels like family... you are not just a truck #.
Always willing to listen. Great atmosphere.
Rip off
Driver (Former Employee) –  MichiganJuly 11, 2018
Their pay is lower than the average. They work you hard because they know you need the money and they take from the top. They dont offer benefits. They make you pay for everything. I had to pay for to have the log to be installed in my truck. When its for them. Very unorganized never can get information correctly. They get mad if your late and its their fault. Very stressful
Cons
Not enough money no benefits
Was a great working environment
Non emergency driver (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 6, 2018
If I had another chance to work with same bosses and company I would love to. The hours were great as well as the flexible schedule. The location was also great.
This place has the worse management and never communicate the truth I wouldn't advise anyone to work there
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 1, 2018
The worse company ive ever worked for they will short your pay and promise to make it right and never do the lack of communication is another thing they will just tell you something so they wont have to listen
Cons
This was not a fun place to work
Independent Contractor/driver (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJuly 16, 2017
They would take money from you with every customer complaint. Quite often you started very early, worked all day, and into the night with very little breaks in between.
Cons
Very productive and plenty of room for advancement
Owner/Operator/Contractor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 6, 2017
Liberty Transportation is a great transportation company. I began as an Owner/Operator leasing to own my own 26ft box truck. Drove for the company one years delivering sears, k-mart ,Costco, Sams club product all across greater Ohio. Promoted to Safety & Claims Manager after driving for the company one year. My current position is a Salaried Manager position and is fulfilling. I have the opportunity to view other owner operator's and give the critical information about their role as an Owner/Operator because of the experience I acquired while driving for the company. Company rewards good work and there is plenty of room for advancement.
Pros
Great company for advancement
Cons
sometimes stressful but manageable
Warehouse organized facility
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  East Norriton, PAJune 22, 2016
While working at liberty transportation, there were slow days busy days management was ok I learned everything there is to know about furniture. Coworkers were helpful to a minimum degree. The hardest part of the job was cleaning after delivery teams.
decent employer
Delivery driver/ General Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  New Alexandria, PAApril 6, 2016
trucking and logistics; home delivery; friendly management; Family owned and operated; warehouse operations; load/unload and staging procedures taught.
it was ok to much favoritizm
Home delivery driver ,contractor (Former Employee) –  witehall,paAugust 24, 2015
it would be great place if they were fair ,and manger was honest then it would be great place to work I would like to go back if manager would be fair
Exciting, plenty of autonomy
Safety Director and Settlement Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDApril 11, 2015
This was a new contract for a company with several locations. The profits from this company did not meet expectations, so I was let go.
excellant place to work everyone worked for the same goal
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North Jackson, OHJuly 17, 2014
People worked as a team on all projects everyone was friendly toward each other good work enviroment
Pros
flexible work scheledule breaks and lunches when you wanted them
Cons
mothing
I realy dont have any complaints about the company
Delivery team member/laborer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 8, 2014
A typical day at work would be, get to the ware house, number the deliveries, load the truck, plan the gps rout and head out to the first stop, get to each stop on time and deliver every appliance without incident, then it was a good day. If you were not careful and courteous you may end up damaging the customer's property, in witch case the team would be responsible for paying the damage claim. As long as you took the work serious and didn't get into to much of a rush, claims rarely happen, although I have seen teams that get them daily.

I learned a lot at that job such as, customer service, truck maintenance, how to drive the truck, and how to complete any job in a safe and professional manor.

The hardest part of the job I would say is dealing with some of the different kinds of people you run into, such as unreasonable angry people that just need something to be mad about, and trying to handle those situations in a professional manor and in a way that will ultimately please the customer. I have found that a lot of times as long as you show people that you are there to help them, and not to give them a hard time or argue like the last person they dealt with may have, they will recognize that and work with you.

The most enjoyable part is when we can go to a delivery such as say an old man for example, who is expecting that we will just leave the appliance and go, but instead we are able to get it inside, hooked up, explain everything about it, make sure he knows how to use it, move the old one out for him and put his home back together the way we found it, surprising
  more... the customer with the amount of help we were able to provide, and in such a short time.  less
Pros
good pay and the days we were home early
Cons
the routing was often mixed up, and at times we werent home untill 10pm (we left home at 5am)
it was ok
Driver (Former Employee) –  springfield maJuly 17, 2012
i drive people to all major airports the hard part was working long hours
Pros
steady work