Liberty Travel Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
great for travel perks and incentives
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Franklin Square, NYJuly 25, 2018
Generally, the employee experience in directly dependent on immediate supervisor. If there is an issue, there is really no one who is able to listen and advise in full confidence.
Amazing travel opportunities
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAJuly 20, 2018
The initial training is pretty extensive and fun. Learning about different cultures and countries while working at Liberty Travel is invaluable. The benefit of travel is fantastic. Overall the company has very fun and driven people.
Pros
Great place to learn, travel, have fun
Cons
Not for everyone, can be stressful is you are not sales driven
Travel
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mays Landing, NJJuly 20, 2018
Liberty travel does vacations for customers all around the word. They use every vendor out there which can make it difficult to narrow down and work with.The company is world wide which does give the oppertunity to travel to places you other wise my not get the chance to. Due to some customers there are many times when you stay after work or feel you need to work from home.
Pros
Chances to travel however it is working trips
Cons
Company rules don't carry well from store location to location.
Productivd fun place to work at
Travel Agent Consultant - Call Center (Former Employee) –  Englewood, NJJuly 5, 2018
Liberty travel was an amazing place to work, everyone was happy.
They had an unlimited commission structure, with many rewarding types of incentives and fam trips. They had a great training class and teachers and were always willing for you to go out and experience the world and travel it.
Pros
Fam trips
Cons
Very competative work place but supportive as well
Manager, Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJune 25, 2018
In my years as becoming a travel agent it was a great start to my career. Liberty Provided me with training to be able to advance my career further. It was a very stressful job at times as you were working on commission.
Pros
alot of training and education
Cons
alot of hours
A great place to get started
Assistant Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Township of Deptford, NJJune 17, 2018
Liberty Travel is a great place to get started into the workforce. They offer ample opportunities to grow as well as great travel perks. The Flight Center company as a whole is amazing.
Pros
health benefits, travel, quick growth
Cons
Retail Hours, No work life balance if you want to be successful
Great company to start out your career in travel...good training ground
Travel Consultant Lead (Former Employee) –  Howard Beach, NYJune 17, 2018
Highly competitive, lots of pressure to meet unrealistic goals. ...created a "dog eat dog" environment...therefore, one had to hope that the client you quoted came back a day you were in the office.
Pros
Excellent retail agency
Cons
Good to start out as a travel agent ...good training to move on with
It's a good base job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mount Cobb, PAJune 15, 2018
Not high pay but a good job. Fast at time but when not in a rush you are making sure the store looks nice and there is fresh coffee at all times. The day does go by fast so it wont feel as its taking forever.
Pros
good co workers
Cons
low pay
Busy environment
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 21, 2018
I enjoyed working with clients to plan their vacations. It was a very busy environment and what I learned there is you have to be very organized in order to keep up with all aspects of the business.. The hardest part was if there was stormy weather in the locations a clients was traveling. The most enjoyable part was when the client was happy, enjoyed their travel and wanted to re-book with me.
Stressful culture
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Weymouth, MAMay 9, 2018
Liberty Travel has changed since I began. For the last three years they have become more interested in Facebook at work and three times a day check in for numbers sold than the client experience. There was no work life balance for the management.
Pros
Close to home, great team
Cons
pay, management, culture
Would not do again
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 7, 2018
Poor leadership. Leaders run the good ones right out. would not go back nor would I recommend. So many of my friends have left and many others looking to leave.
Pros
Cons
leadership. when will the Flight Centre realize what is happening.
Stressful
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dickson City, PAApril 25, 2018
This job is all about money. They stress you to the max about making the money and that's it. Our manager left and it took 5 months to get another one.
Travel Consultant
Travel Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTApril 6, 2018
Liberty puts a lot of time in training their agents. It's not an easy job but it's exactly what it is, a travel agent job. Working within any sales position, you need to be very organmized.
Great Place to Work
Leisure Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MA 01109April 3, 2018
I worked at the Springfield Ma office on Boston Rd. This was a great agency to work for. Everyone helped each other and was a true work family. The hours were long for this single mom of two.
My first job out of high school
Senior Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 19, 2018
My 1st job out of high school, started as the secretary, LT sent me for 3 weeks of training, became a ticket agent, shortly after a travel agent. I loved that job, traveled alot, after 9/11 the travel business was no more and business suffered...
Pros
Very interesting
Cons
Pay
a very awsome to work however working towards commissions was tuff
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 13, 2018
I had a great time working at liberty travel Given my previous work in the travel industry which was based on customer service and sales , however with Liberty Travel I felt there was a strong focus on the commissions based theory and therefore there was a pressure .Hence it was hard to reach their high expectations of the commissions.
Would not recommend to any individuals that are in sales.
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York StateFebruary 11, 2018
First, you are sent to your office for one to two weeks of staring at a computer screen without knowing what to do along with answering calls as a secretary.

Second, you are sent to New Jersey for training for two weeks. The training you receive will not help you in your stores at all.

Third, you go back to your store where you are to work after training in NJ. When you arrive at your store you are expected to know everything!! Unfortunately the reality in this is not conducive to the training you will receive. You are not ready to begin work. You know Nothing that they actually do in their stores. Each store has a different way of running things. Your store will differ from all others most likely.

You will have a manager and an assistant manager within your store. Liberty calls them your “team leader” and your “assistant team leader”. Liberty should have stuck with the terms manager and assistant since there is NO team here at liberty.

Your title if you’re in sales will be “travel consultant “. This will be a perfect fit for anyone straight out of school with no sales experience. Unfortunately when starting you will realize this quickly. It is not a sales position!

Poor pay, horrible hours, rude management, lack of common sense, no team work whatsoever. I could go on but I will let you be the decider if you chose liberty. I hope you do not though. Worst employer I have ever had!
Pros
Perfect if you like to sit for long periods of time.
Cons
Horrible pay structure, office issues with management, lack of proper training.
excellent company
Leisure Travel consultant (Former Employee) –  floaterFebruary 6, 2018
Loved this job. Was one of the most interesting travel agent jobs I had. I learned a lot about new and exciting destinations, travelled a lot and everyday was fun and easy going.
Pros
travel benefits
Cons
low salary
TRAVEL CONSULTANT LIBERTY TRAVEL (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYJanuary 23, 2018
I loved my time at Liberty Travel. The training, knowledge, and experience gained in my time with the company are invaluable. The company is under new ownership since I left, and it would seem that the issues I faced while with Liberty (management, compensation) have been addressed. I would highly recommend this company.
Selling travel was amazing!
International Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Orange, CANovember 29, 2017
This job had so much to it. From making dreams come true for customers to learning forward thinking sales and management skills. very stressful at times, but I wouldn't trade my time there for any other job.