Liberty Travel Employee Reviews

Partying and Profit
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsNovember 17, 2017
They say that their biggest asset is their employees but all they care about is the bottom line. Some of the Management and Consultants are wonderful to work with where most are cut throat and will take your lead right from under you. Your experience here completely depends on the office you are in. When I started it was the best group of people to work with when I left everyday was tense. If you intend on working here try to talk to as many people in the office as possible to get a feel for the office climate..
Pros
Some great clients and co-workers; benefits
Cons
Good for a job, not a career
Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaOctober 19, 2017
I love my job at Liberty but it's not long term. They don't give raises unless you're promoted. Free trips but little to no free time during trips. Fun work environment but very stressful job.
good time off policy
Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJSeptember 27, 2017
I enjoyed my time working at Liberty, but company was not flexible in locations. Had to leave due to location of office and I relocated. Had a good Manager.
horrible organization
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  New Hartford, NYSeptember 23, 2017
liberty travel lies to its employees training is terrible. no foot traffic no marketing to help sales expect everyone to pull a rabbit out of a hat to get sales in the door terrible salary and lied to me about the commission structure. no bonus good luck in advancement good luck in paying your bills working for this joke of a company
Dynamic, fast-paced sales environment with advancement opportunity
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 6, 2017
I loved working for Liberty Travel, which is owned by Flight Centre (an Australian company.) I always felt as if my opinion was valued and enjoyed the company culture very much. It was a workplace where we could both work hard and play hard! I was encouraged to have a very healthy work/life balance and take all of my paid time off. The sales environment was supportive and when I hit my targets I felt as if the whole team was excited for me. Due to a relocation I was unable to stay with the company, but I know the sales skills I learned there will serve me well in the future!
Pros
free/cheap trips!
Fun and entertaining workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 2, 2017
Booked transportation and hotel reservations for clients. I worked from 10am to 6pm Tuesday through Saturdays. It was exciting working for Liberty travel.
Pros
I'd learned how to book hotel and travel dates.
Cons
healthcare
Party Company...at least for the elite
Travel Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 17, 2017
Liberty Travel focuses on tailoring a custom-fit vacation experience for their clients. In my experience, this was true.

I worked in an office with wonderful co-workers who did not try to steal clients from each other. I was lucky to have support by Team Leaders.

Typical day was researching and sending information to potential clients in hopes that they will trust their vacation planning to you. Commission targets were high and pay was low. I spent many hours staring at the computer screen because I was overloaded with quotes to obtain. You may spend so much time researching vacations only to never hear back from clients, or they ended up booking it online themselves with all of your ideas. However, you also had repeat clients who referred you to their friends/family and vacation planning was easy and enjoyable.

The company is very "party-oriented", showcasing annual celebratory balls in an exotic location for those reaching a certain commission target level. This was for the elite.

I did learn a lot about different destinations, tours, and cruises, but I do not miss the long hours and pressure to hit targets that were high
Pros
Fun events, learned alot
Cons
High commission targets, low pay, long hours
Fun interesting place to work at.
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, PAJune 23, 2017
Interesting place to work at. Each day holds a new experience for one to encounter. Most days end with positive experiences overall. Great staff to work with. Good company incentives.
ok
Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJune 19, 2017
Not enough training, thrown in the deep end immediately and expected to be an expert immediately. Party culture, days go by quickly. some customers make it worth it
Pros
insurance
Cons
unrealistic targets
Fun atmosphere, not much room for growth
Product Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Montvale, NJJune 14, 2017
Not much room for advancement. Do not compensate employees well at all. Fun place, but always laying people off and never replacing. Given more work and never compensated for it.
Enjoyable place to work selling travel packages
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 27, 2017
Had people walk in to book a trip or airline tickets. Also answered calls and set up travel packages for them to review. Printed tickets, emailed different trips, called many hotels and resorts.
Pros
Got to travel going to different places for free to check them out
Cons
Didn't pay too much
competive professional work environment can earn good commission
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Vestal, NYMay 21, 2017
meet with clients face to face as ell as over the phone to plan business and leisure travel. The most enjoyable part of the day is working with the staff and clients.
Hard work pays
Assistant Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Springfield, PAMay 19, 2017
Hard work is recognized, laziness is not tolerated. Not happy with the restructured commission tiers. Making a comfortable living became more difficult achieve after restructuring.
HORRIBLE - Would not recommend to anyone!
Group Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Ramsey, NJMay 4, 2017
Every day you slave away behind a computer trying to compete for sales against convenient online booking programs.

The only perk was the discounted travel.
Pros
Discounted Travel
Cons
Short breaks, terrible pay, horrible boss, no leadership, no room for growth
Liberty Travel
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJApril 24, 2017
Good company to work for. Good benefits and environment. However, company was bought out during my employment and about half of the IT workforce was eliminated. Not sure how the work environment is there now.
ok place to work Mundane
International Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAApril 11, 2017
ok place to work Mundane, you need a large nook of clients to make any income. Look elsewhere if you want to get into this business. I do not recommend
Fun and rewarding job
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Whitehall Township, PAMarch 23, 2017
Wonderful company to work for, being able to plan other's vacations is an experience i will never forget. great opportunity to travel and see the world.
Pros
Planning the ideal vacation
Cons
work hours
Work hard, play hard. Get paid nothing.
Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMarch 23, 2017
As long as you work hard, you can get away with almost anything. Pay is not adequate. The only perks are travel benefits. shifts typically last 10 hours 9am-7pm. Very, very rarely get 2 days off in a row.
Pros
Discounted travel (worldwide)
Cons
Long hours, minimal compensation
Overall good experience
Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  CTMarch 22, 2017
I learned a lot while working with Liberty Travel. They have a good training program and training systems. Must be very sales driven, lots of cold calling during slow season.
Pros
Travel benefits, training
Cons
Salary
Great company to work for
travel expert (Former Employee) –  NJMarch 12, 2017
Lots of traveling included and great people from all around the world.i learned a lot and i am glad for the experience I had there with meeting lots of interesting coaches and vendors .No complain

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Liberty Travel. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9