Liberty University

• Fair pay for job
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Sense of belonging

Great Christian Environment

Tough to move up in some departments. The people and the environment are great. Some work from home opportunities. Decent pay for the difficulty level.

Pros

Work with a lot of like minded people

Cons

Sometimes forced overtime

Joyful People

The people at Liberty University tend to be very positive and personable. The culture is generally socially conservative which can be a plus depending on your personal worldview.

Pros

Access to Lots of University Activities

Great benefits!

Full time employees get enough benefits to support a small family.This includes coverage of full tuition for yourself (18 credits per year) and a dependent (unlimited credits per year).

Great over experience for a remote adjunct professor

I've been an adjunct professor for over four years and it has been a great experience for me. I'm not a big fan of the all of the university's activities and views, but my department and group of colleagues are great.

Pros

pay, organized content, clear communication

Poor executive leadership; Excellent mid-level management

I loved my job at LU; my department was managed by truly excellent people. I always felt supported and encouraged, and was given many opportunities for growth. The leadership of the university at large has plenty of flaws which made some days difficult, but I'll never regret the opportunity I had to serve the student body alongside a really wonderful group of peers and colleagues.

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

Champions for themselves

A typical day involved being rushed around without proper training and being berated for not going fast enough or missing things, workplace gossip, favoritism due to managers dating employees ect.Management was terrible! They wormed their way out of paying workers comp and stuck me with a medical bill!Gave me vacation days and then billed me for ones I didn't earn after work.Best part was a dumb pizza party

Pros

dumb pizza party

Cons

Awful management

Great environment to work and supported in postion

Even a remote position can be difficult and the team I worked under, works hard to creat a positive environment and connect people without the pressure of the forced social interaction. The work itself is okay and not too technical but the support system for you to succeed is there.

Pros

Supported, decent pay, entry level

Cons

Hard to move up

Good lifeguarding/aquatics managing job for young students looking to gain experience

I worked for the Liberty University Athletics department, for the swimming and diving facility. This job provides a positive work environment and culture, full of young and professional coworkers. However, the University does not see the Natatorium as truly essential, so our funding is limited, and we are not communicated with well from the higher-up staff. Overall, I appreciate the managerial experience and the flexible hours.

Pros

Flexible schedules, positive work environment

Cons

Poor pay, poor higher management

Could Be Better

The University has a bad habit of becoming very clique-focused, with only those who are close to management moving up. There is also a major issue with pay being too low.

Good Coworkers

The coworkers are great. Everyone you work with is friendly. The difficulty lies in the people calling in. Many people call in and feel entitled. You do your best to help but many are ungrateful. Overall not a bad job if one does not mind sitting and taking calls all day.

Pros

Hour lunches. 30 minutes in personal break

Cons

Talking on phone

Jobs at Liberty University

See more jobs

Okay place

I worked as a instructor at Liberty University. The students here are nice, very friendly and the workload is not a lot. However, the pay is not very good

A good supervisor can make working here enjoyable.

While I enjoyed the people I worked with, the job itself teeter-tottered between boring and stressful. The pay was low but having a great supervisor that actually cared about their team made it bearable.

Pros

People

Cons

Pay

Call Center Agent

Liberty University is the most toxic workplace you will likely ever work in your life. Terrible, terrible, terrible place to work. If you like to work with people who pretend to be christians--work here, but honestly you're better off working somewhere "secular". One word: toxic.

Pros

Cons

You may lose your mind.

8 minutes is way too short to do a proper advertisement session.

I worked in the online academic advising department. Literally every second of your day was micromanaged. If you work the closing shift, you had to stay logged in until one minute after the closing time. If you got a call in the last 10 seconds, you had to take the call, even if it kept you 2 hours late. They didn't offer any overtime. If you were ever even one second late logging in, your supervisor would call you on the carpet for it, no matter how much time you'd just spent staying late on the phone the day before.

Pros

Free coffee, free degrees.

Cons

Just about everything else

Good stepladder job but hard to make career

This jobs has incredible benefits where I was able to finish my degree for free but it is easy to get burnt out at this job. At peak times you can feel overwhelmed. There is a definite lack of communication between offices and management. This is an amazing way to finish or start a degree but not a place to have a career in my opinion

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Lack of communication from management

Sweatshop- More power to you if that's your thing.

Here's what you need to know about call centers: the turnover rate is very high. The work is both stressful and sedentary, and that combination is not good for people's mental and physical health- unless they have a specific temperament. Now, because upper management is aware that the turnover rate is very high for the industry overall, they do not concern themselves very much with morale. That's too bad, because the rank-and-file and lower management are often committed, mission-driven individuals who love the school and the school's mission in the world. The systems in place are numbers-driven and dehumanizing, which is par for the course for a big corporation- but to quote our founder, "if it's Christian, it ought to be better."

Pros

Faith-based, education benefits, great health insurance

Cons

Inconvenient hours, sedentary, bad for mental and physical health

Good for continuing education, maybe not to stick around for long.

Culture is a pretty toxic. Work is great, the people are the only things holding this place back; well that is if you fall into the Evangelical-Christian category.

Not a Place to find God

The atmosphere is stifling. Your work is monitored, questioned and corrected. I did not get my doctorate to be told what to do in such a rude manner. It was not worth the aggravation.

Pros

Delightful students

Cons

Poor management

As a student, this has been the best educational remote experience ever.l

Liberty University also has jobs available. As far as I know there are no remote jobs available other than student. But being a remote student was absolutely a wonderfui experience. The financial aid was awesome. It was enough money to purchase the equipment I needed to be online and keep current with my monthly wifi. The BEST PROFESSORS IN THE AMERICA WORK AT LIBERTY UNIVERSITY.!!!!

Pros

I learned so much.

Cons

Being full time was just that - full time. I didn't have time for anything else.

Productive and fun place

I work at the ice rink. Overall, it is a great job for a student to work while handling their own work load. The work can be boring at times however the work environment is friendly and I am able to get school work done as well.

Pros

Free food at times.

Cons

short breaks between work

Christian community that encourages your walk with Christ in all aspects of the job

Although some of the tasks I worked on were monotonous, I knew the overall purpose of my job was immense. It is a great feeling, being part of something so much bigger than yourself. I wish more people could have experienced the same joy I had in a workplace.

Pros

flexible schedule, normal work hours

Cons

small pay, sometimes work nights or weekends

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Liberty University. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.7
InHerSight Score
2.5Personal Development
3.2Career Opportunities
2.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Liberty University with

Learn about Liberty University in popular locations

• Liberty University
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?