Liberty University Employee Reviews

Student Worker
Student Creative (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJanuary 19, 2019
I held a Student Worker position with Liberty Universities Office of Spiritual Development. One of the creative team members found me at a local coffee shop and overheard that I did design and video work, offering to bring me on board. I can't stress how much positivity and creativity stemmed from this group of people. Sure it had tight deadlines at points, but when it came down to it everyone was able to rely on each other to get things done. If I wanted to stay in Virginia I would work here full time in a heartbeat.
Pros
Positive and Creative work environment, Collaboration, Friendly, You will come out of this office feeling like a family
Cons
Minimum Wage, Tight Deadlines
It all depends on who your manager is.
LUO (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJanuary 8, 2019
Liberty is hit or miss on if it's a great place to work. There are many departments, so if you happen to be in a department that values their employees, then you'll love your life. If the department is focused on the bottom dollar, then you will be dispensable and not recognized for your skill set. You could be micro-managed, overlooked, and chosen over for someone else who happens to be a yes-man. If the right manager is in place, there is autonomy, trust, and a great work culture. It's really unfortunate that this is such an inconsistency.
Pros
Tuition is paid for
Student
Full-time student (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJanuary 8, 2019
I am a full time student at Liberty. I love the University. They do a wonderful job making sure all the students are well taken care of and keep in touch to make sure there are no questions.
Productive and faith work place.
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJanuary 8, 2019
Liberty is a fair workplace that integrates faith and collaboration. At liberty you have the opportunity to meet supportive colleagues and supervisors.
Career Starter
Director (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJanuary 1, 2019
Liberty is a good place to start your career out of college as you can quickly gain experience in the field you are working. The skills learned at Liberty are very marketable to recruiters.
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VADecember 31, 2018
I was an graduate assistant, and I enjoyed working for this school. It was a fine experience to interact with a Christian community, and the school challenged me to work in ways that reflected a biblical work ethic.
Productive and efficient workplace
Student (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VADecember 31, 2018
Excellent, efficient workplace dedicated to helping students graduate and further their career to become productive citizens in society for the glory of God.
Instructor
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VADecember 21, 2018
Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day operation of Career Services including the supervision of staff. The Coordinator manages the College-wide web-based job posting system (PCC Career Connections), and produces the annual Cascade Campus Job Fair. They facilitate placement of work study students on and off campus. The Coordinator is also responsible for responding to complex questions regarding the Cooperative Education and Employment Services programs, evaluating student Cooperative Education needs, site development, and accurate and timely completion of training agreements and learning objectives. The incumbent markets Career Center programs to employers, develops job and work based learning opportunities, and refers or places students in positions.
Service oriented and a fun place to work
Student Service Counselor (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VADecember 20, 2018
A typical day was spent serving students and parents. I learned various computer systems and University processes. The people there made it an enjoyable place to work .
Mediocre university with convoluted emphases that don't align.
BASEBALL ANALYTICS INTERN (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VADecember 14, 2018
While there are plenty of nice people and even good Christians at the school, the administration can't seem to decide if campaigning for Republicans and winning football games is more important than their stated mission to "build champions for Christ."
Productive Working Environment
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VADecember 5, 2018
I enjoyed my time working as an administrative assistant at the Liberty University School of Law and found it easy to work with management on a daily basis. A typical day at work included but was not limited to shredding and copying various documents for management as well as providing customer service to students and staff members on a daily basis.
Management needs work
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VADecember 2, 2018
The management team at Liberty University handled difficult situations poorly. I did love my co-workers, but the managers demanded too much of us. I worked 3rd shift and I worked in a very unsanitary work environment in Reber Thomas Dining Hall.
Pros
Great people to work with and the benefits are exceptional.
Cons
Management needs work
Hard work, but worth the knowledge and impact
Exercise Physiologist/Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VADecember 1, 2018
learned how to train Division 1 athletes and customize build workouts plan to fit people differently.
Management was great.
work culture was fun and awesome
Pros
Worked with the Football team
Fun place to work
Prayer Leader (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VANovember 28, 2018
It was a great job for working there as a student.
learned how to communicate well with others and to teach others.
Leaders above me were very nice to work with.
High energy yet relaxed.
Hardest part of the job was balancing school and work.
Students
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VANovember 24, 2018
The students were eager to learn and accepting of the difficulty of the subjects. They were also very punctual and accepting of feedback on how to solve certain problems.
Student Worker for Liberty University
Marketing Photographer (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VANovember 20, 2018
The student worker positions are diverse and allow you to really find what you are good at and pursue that as a job while in school. I work for marketing which requires more skill, time, and dedication than the other student worker positions -- which means I spend a lot of time working as opposed to doing school work.
Pros
Amazing people and environment, you can strike up a conversation with anyone and they are willing/glad to talk to you!
Cons
Pay is federal minimum wage, but that's nothing the University can do anything about.
Server
Server (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VANovember 16, 2018
Its a steady pace job and its easy to maintain nothing is too hard to do amd if you need help there is help always around from crew members to manangers
Pros
Free meal
Cons
No paid vacation
Stellar place to work
Support Specialist I - Remote (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VANovember 7, 2018
Liberty University has a fantastic atmosphere with people who truly want to see you succeed. It is the furthest thing from "cutthroat" and focuses heavily on accomplishing goals as a team by placing people in positions to succeed.
Pros
Great Pay, Great Bosses, Great Benefits
Not the best if you actually want development
Employee (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VANovember 5, 2018
Middle management is a bright, hard-working team that truly desires to help those they supervise and the students those under them help. However, upper management does not help with this process. They work against middle management causing a culture of fear and stress that is not needed. If you are looking for a means to an end, then this is not a bad job. It is definitely not a career and upper management tells you that constantly. They have no desire to bring up employee retention or morale. In fact, they turn around and blame the employees for the stress in their job saying that it is their generation not being adequate enough. Their locus of control is all external as they (upper management) blame everyone else for the huge issues nobody is willing to change.
Great for building resume
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VANovember 1, 2018
I was able to learn much in my time working at Liberty. I was able to gain teamwork experience as well as develop a better schedule for working on my own. My professor was very helpful in teaching and guiding me.