Liberty University

Liberty University Employee Reviews

United States564 reviews
List of pros and cons:

Pros:

Normal office hours

Enjoyable co-workers

Enjoyable projects

Cons:

Lack of trust from management

Low pay

"This is the way it's always been done"
The management was unsupportive and constantly micromanage their employees. They don’t really care about students or employees. It is all about the bottom dollar.
This job was entry-level but gave me a great start on professionalism. I had an extremely supportive supervisory staff and would work for this company again.
I loved being a student at LU. However, working in the Demoss Computer Lab "support desk" was the worst student worker job I have ever had. I'd rather clean toilets than go back to work there. The management and full time staff are lazy, play favorites, and don't actually want to help you succeed. They hide in the back and make you do all of the work. They gossip about other workers, both behind their backs and in front of other student workers. The "supervisors" would have the most petty things to say about student workers, and it would distract them from doing their actual job. The immaturity, gossip, and laziness among the staff was overwhelming. You have a "coach" that is supposed to help you learn tech things so that you can be better at your job. It is a complete joke, all they do is make you watch youtube videos for an hour isolated in the back of the room. When you ask questions, you are not given answers. They are no help. You get paid $7.25 per hour, pay is still very low for full-timers. My student-worker co workers were very pleasant to be around and I made lots of friends there. Student workers were not the problem - management was the problem. They have been there too long and are set in their ways, not open to change, and don't care about helping you succeed.
Pros
Sometimes you can do homework. Central location. Flexible around class schedule
Cons
Horrible management. Low pay. Cannot advance unless you are a favorite
The job wasn’t horrible but management was. It was so bad that I began getting ulcers from stress. My boss would choose to “check my work” on days after I had been off of work. It honestly was the worst job of my life.
Pros
Cons
Management, pay
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
This job was extremely fun at first. Then my boss started to micromanage me. I received 4 CALLS from my boss in a day just about things I needed to improve on. And 2 of those calls were over an HOUR long. The job I was hired for it not what it turned out to be. You are graded on each phone call and you have to meet a minimum grade.
This job is extremely STRESSFUL.
Benefits
Cons
No work to life ratio, Long hours, Micromanage
Sorry for the long review, but I feel people should know the experience I had while working for LU custodial...

I worked here for 5 years, the job was great when I first started. However, as time has passed, a downward spiral has occurred. There is not a cohesive team. Morale is low. Confidence in management is low or nonexistent. There's a very limited amount of flexibility. The workload was fair. However, on occasion, supervisors had extreme expectations. If supervisors saw a dust bunny, you would be reprimanded. As for my relationships with the supervisors and those higher up. For the first 2 years of my job, I had an excellent relationship with my supervisors and during that time I was treated with respect. I was treated with kindness & with an acknowledgment for my value to the team. My supervisor was approachable and I felt comfortable asking questions or for help. During my last 3 years is where the downward spiral has occurred. Asking your team members for help was discouraged or not allowed without approval from the supervisor. Then, on the other hand, we have been told to ask team members for help. Discerning when you are able work as a team and when you couldn’t became very difficult. There is a negative atmosphere in this department. Reprimands and negativity abound. Encouragement and gratitude are minimal. You also don't get much of a raise. I worked there for 5 years and I didn't even receive a dollar raise by the time I left.

This is an example of an issue I had working here:

"A supervisory tactic has recently come to my attention: sneaking around to
 - more...
Pros
The benefits, the amount of vacation/sick days and holidays, education is paid for after 6 months
Cons
Very short break (30 min), poor management, no communication, no respect for employees, no positive reinforcement.
It was a nice run but mainly there to help workers get through school. Most employees are there for the education and out 2-4 years. They claim you are a team but work mostly on your own with little help.Poorly managed.
The place was a nice run but very little acknowledgemnet of things that you succeed. They say they are a team but you work on your own and very little praise or communication until you do something wrong and even then you are not told until months later. It was a nice full time job with benefits but poorly managed.
The environment here is above average, the employees are like family, the campus is beautiful and the President of the University is someone you can count on.
When it comes to working here, it doesn't matter how much time you work here, moving up in the ranks takes way too long to make it worth it. Also, some of the policies and benefits don't even feel like they are worth it. If you work here to get you or your family through college, do it, but otherwise don't make this a full time thing.
I was excited to get a job with a Christian university but was surprised to not see Christ reflected in the workplace at the call center. It is highly stressful, constant micromanaging, constant changing of information, mean upper management, and a cold atmosphere. This is a extremely stressful position and has a constant turnover of employees. The work space was very small for each person and can be hard to focus with so many people around talking around you all at the same time.
If you can find the right department, you will enjoy your time at Liberty. Be prepared to move up the ladder slowly, or to only stay for a short time.
It was difficult to work for this company as employees and customers alike were not prioritized. Hours were long and pay was little. College tuition reimbursement was a perk but the work environment for me was not worth it in the end.
I loved working here and the people were so nice. I definitely wished that I could have been compensated better for my work but I also just loved the rest of the staff and being there.
Supervisor of 15 plus workers.
Ensure policies and procedures are upheld.

Gave reports and surveys to employees and customers.

Maintain cleanliness and functionality of the gym.

Quick problem solving and critical thinking.

Able to make repairs to machines.

Keep employees up-to-date with CPR audits and policy quizzes.
I was always having fun and the staff were very organized. The communication from management to me was done efficiently and effectively. Overall a fantastic experience.
Being in school here, it helps because of the growth it offers. I’ve learned more life skills while going here to use later in life. This, along with the teaching offered is amazing.
The Football staff is great and give lots of opportunity to those who need experience. A typical day involves film breakdown and recruiting for the most part. The management keep everyone in line with NCAA rules.
I met some incredible people and had wonderful journey at Liberty University. I was a part-time facilities worker. I was hired just a few months after applying and I worked two months. It was a student worker position. The halls and buildings are beautiful.
Good compensation; fair time requirements; supportive staff and colleagues; excellent facilities; enjoyable small community; beautiful natural resources and parks and trails.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Liberty University. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.8
InHerSight Score
2.7Personal Development
3.2Career Opportunities
2.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight