Liberty Village
Happiness rating is 52 out of 100

Liberty Village Employee Reviews

United States319 reviews

staffemployeemanagementworkworkingcnasshortpay

Challenging work that's met with positive feedback

I truly feel good about going to work here because I like and respect the majority of the people I work with and we all work hard for our residents. The appreciation from the residents and their families, along with positive, encouraging input from Department Managers makes the sometimes chaotic, exhausting days worthwhile.

What is the best part of working at the company?Nothing. This company is horrible on many levels.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Showing up!What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Horrible, negative energy and poor leadership.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Awful and very stressful

Liberty Village insights

Areas for improvement
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

What is the best part of working at the company?Not much. It was close to home for meWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?No help from management. No one listens to concerns for the well being of the residents What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Very toxicWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?StressfulAnd always short handed.

Severely Understaffed, Bad Management, Lazy Staff

The management does not care about you or residents at all. Maintenance can days\weeks without fixing things that desperately need fixed. If you are a hard working, loyal employee who always comes in when asked, never misses a day or anything you will be taken advantage of. They will give days off for college kids who want to go party, but Lord forbid you have a family emergency they will act like you just killed their dog. You are not promised your days off. Management will not fill. Even if you are sick and running a fever they will not let you leave work. No one ever get wrote up for being late or missing a lot of days. They expect you to handle 2 assist residents by yourself. Would not recommend this place to anyone. Would not even put my own family members in this place.

Good nursing experience

It’s fast paced and a good opportunity to improve your time management skills. The direct management is great but corporate is not always on our side. Coworkers are like family.

Don’t work here!!

This is simply the worst place to work. Poor management no appreciation and you can’t trust going to the administrator she is of no help all she cares about is collecting a paycheck!! Does not care about staff or residents! !

Nightmare

This was the worst working environment I've ever experienced. I was expected to care for over a dozen residents by myself while other employees sat. Being taken advantage as a new employee is an understatement. You are better off working in fast food. You'll be less stressed and get paid more.

The other cnas I worked with were awesome, everyone is so friendly. Pay is great! They work with you on your schedule and they are always there to listen and talk to about anything.

Understaffed

Can’t keep a manager so they have to have the administrator of the nursing home to be in charge of the kitchen. Scheduling is always unfair. The first shift employees have to do their shift worth of work along with lunch shift and dinner shifts work because they never have people or the dinner shift works 4 hours and don’t want to help. Maybe if you’re looking for a job you don’t have to do anything go for part time night shift dietary aide

Cons

Short breaks. Pay isn’t worth it. Constant overtime. Usually work on your days off

Amazing place to work.love the residents. very nice company to work for. The management is always willing to help out. The food is always great there.

New management came in and has really made a difference.

New management is what this building really needed. Residents and their families really see a difference for the positive in the staffing changes made

Toxic

One of the most hateful and toxic work environments. Veteran nurses boss everyone around while they sit and roll eyes. Horrible attitudes in front offices. HR is a complete joke. Yes there are a few good people there who truly care but that doesn’t make up for the overall lack of respect and empathy. Clique based respect doesn’t count. Always short staffed and pulling people in a million different directions so no one can truly focus on their job. The only thing you’ll learn here is how to work with people you don’t like.

Pros

The residents are amazing

Management Issues

This place is currently an accident waiting to happen for a new nurses license. Do not recommend, from lack of training to constant management changes to the attitudes of the caregivers at this place to the families racially motivated statements to the families frustration of not knowing whats going on due to poor communication and not to mention COVID isolations not adequately provided to staff or residents. This place needs a corporate takeover new management and continued State Involvement to turn it around.

The patients and some of the co workers

I have been here for over 5 years now and I like it most days….There are clicks in this facility to where some get in trouble and some don’t…Some people get the most help on there halls and some halls done see no help at all…

It's a beautiful place poor management

The Adminstrator is horrible so that's what the place horrible. Not the old Adminstrator the new one. This was a very good place until the new Adminstrator came

Pros

The residents

Poor management and pay

The staff is unprofessional and gossip about each other. Too much drama. It was a great learning experience but I wouldn't work there again. The pay is terrible too.

Not a comfortable workplace

Management sucks, too many people gossip and talk badly about others, and people can’t seem to mind their business. I worked here for several months and out of all the jobs I had this place was the most uncomfortable to work at. Reason being people try to get you in trouble here for no good reason, they tell on you for something you did only for them to turn around and do the thing they reported you for. I’ve heard some CNAs talk poorly about some of the residents and if they’re not talking badly about them they’re all sitting around talking poorly about other staff members. This is just half of what I experienced while working here.

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Short staffed, poor management

The only good thing is that some people are nice but others will go out of their way to be rude.

The management sucks, they reward people with bad attitudes and when you tell management about their attitude they just brush it under the rug and ignore it. They always protect the people that have worked there longer which wouldn't be a problem if the older employees that are being protected weren't so rude. I've heard horrible stories that employees have done to each other only to find out they're still working at the building because management and HR turn the other cheek and ignore the situation. I can see why it's so understaffed.

Pros

Not a lot of pros besides a handful of nice people

Cons

Overlooked a lot, you get shut down a lot. Mentally draining.

Loved working for this company. Loved working for this company. Very flexible with my school schedule and good pay. Nicest/cleanest nursing home around

Management is always changing and not supportive

I have worked at liberty village several times, every time was under different management and non of them made me want to stay. Opportunities for advancement are few and far between.

Chronically Understaffed and Overworked

This facility has been understaffed since I began working there three years ago. Work is very physical. I like working with the residents, but I do not trust most of my coworkers. Management is spotty, with certain employees favored over others and tasked not assigned fairly.

Pros

Pay is Decent

Cons

Short breaks, constantly understaffed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Liberty Village. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Liberty Village reviews by popular job title

• Liberty Village