Library of Virginia Employee Reviews

4.6
Ratings breakdown
One of the best jobs I ever had
Circulation and Archival Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 1, 2016
The ability to help people, access to historical documents and a great staff to be a part of. My main issue with the position was simply the fact that it was a temporary position without any idea when it may go permanent.
decent
person who works there (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 5, 2015
pays the bills very quiet, hush hush.. need to figure out whether they are a library, record center or archives too many different operations.
Productive, exciting, memorable
Internship (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 11, 2013
- Everyday was a new mission to find something new about someone. Find everything about that aspect, compile, and take notes on the consistencies.
- I learned Library Research skills, working for the state government, judging and differentiating between pertinent and non-pertinent information, and I enhanced my writing and editing skills.
- Wonderful management that helped me when I needed it, and let me be if I was in the thick of researching.
- Hardest part: finding accurate lineage information
- most enjoyable: the amount of 'eureka!' moments when finding an important piece of information or discovering something more pertinent than what you were previously looking for.
Pros
extremely professional work environment.
Cons
no cons at all!
Productive little design group keeping Library of Virginia's graphics on top
In-house Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 20, 2012
Only reason I gave compensation and benefits a one-star is because I was an intern and am not sure what the pay rate / benefits are.

Other than that... the small team was amazingly cooperative to work with. Giving and receiving artistic feedback constantly back and forth, and meeting deadlines.
Pros
great co-workers, clear assignments
Cons
no pay (internship)