Licking Memorial Health Systems Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Caring place
Physician Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHMay 30, 2018
A good experience loved working here spent 29 years and other than a few misunderstanding would do it again Mr Montagnese is a wonderful leader which makes management lesd stressful but I always felt backed up by my peers and encouraged by my manager
Pros
Rewarding work
Cons
Human resource department toxic
It has its ups, and downs.
Culinary Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newark, OHJanuary 12, 2018
Some days it would be manageable to work their. Others, more then there should be, it would be really bad. Complaints go to your supervisor but that's about it. No one really gets punished for being lazy or not doing their work like they should be. I had to go straight to human resources to complain about something that was going on that should not of been because numerous complaints to my supervisors boss achieved nothing.
Pros
Benefits where good, PTO is always nice, rotated holidays.
Cons
Poor management, lazy workers
Micromanaged and favoritism toward select employees
RN (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHNovember 3, 2017
Outdated, old meditech using f1-f12 keys. Ppl who audit audits. Micromanaged, nasty grams over email, and favoritism. Ins cheap. doesnt cover claims.
Pros
Cheap cafeteria food
Cons
Favoritism, have to use lmh dr for ins. Carpet throughout hospital
I worked in lab & Icu as a tech
POCT/ Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHJuly 27, 2017
I thought they cared more about the building and there appearance then they did the employees.
The human resource department if you had a probable with a manager and took it to hr they would not listen to you at all.
Pros
discount on lunch, benifits ok
Cons
12 shifts
This hospital takes excellent care of their employees.
Facility coder (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHJuly 11, 2017
I enjoyed my time working here. There are very good benefits for the employees. LMH has been voted "Best Places to Work' for several years. I moved out of state or I would probably still be working there.
Think twice
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHJune 14, 2017
Very little training for position before you're expected to go out and perform. Definitely favoritism shown by manager. If you are in an administrative role with LMH, there is no where to advance to. Every time an opportunity arises for betterment it always came with a pay cut or they would hire from outside company with NO explanation as to why no one in company's qualified. Really think twice about - if you are looking for advancement, this is not your employer. Benefits are ok, but 'not all that'.
Pros
Schedule was decent
Cons
Management is out of touch
Registration Specialist
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Newark, OHMay 2, 2017
LMH is a good company to work for. The management is great. They have a good work life balance. The compensation is average but the benefits are great. I really enjoy my job
Pros
benefits, bonuses
Cons
average pay
Great benefits
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Newark, OHApril 26, 2017
A small town community, providing above and beyond care to their patients, as well as employees. Excellent benefits, including healthcare, dental and vision.
I am currently working at Licking Memorial
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Newark, OHApril 22, 2017
I don't know much about this employer. I have worked at Licking Memorial since September of 2016. I know there is room to advance at Licking Memorial and I appreciate any company where you can grow and use the abilities you have.
Pros
good working hours, benefits, the overall company treats their employees well
Cons
30 minute lunches, the distance from where I live
great workplace
Physician Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHApril 9, 2017
It's a great place to work. There are tons of grown opportunities and the employees are valued and revered. Also, there are plenty of opportunities for bonus, frequently.
Coworkers are great, management not so much
RN (Current Employee) –  Newark, OHMarch 1, 2017
Coworkers are very helpful, not many conflicts between staff. However, management seems to only focus on faults or errors and give no good criticism. Seem very preferential to certain staff members.
Pros
good lunch coverage
Cons
managers very preferential to some staff
Could be better
Allied Health (Current Employee) –  Newark, OHFebruary 27, 2017
Could be better. Definitely a workplace that suffers from favoritism. Would be better if rules and disciplinary action were universally enforced.

The workplace suffers from being too slow to change and embrace new ideas.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Out of date with times
Great experience
RN (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHIOFebruary 7, 2017
Licking Memorial is willing to do all they can to make sure proper training is given and updated during employment. I worked in an office and management at the office level was great but not willing to accommodate in higher levels of management and they expect you to be married to your job. Benefits are great as long as you see one of their Licking Memorial providers otherwise you are out of luck. Frequent bonuses and raises.
Pros
Bonuses and raises often
Cons
Benefits are not great unless you see a Licking Memorial Provider
Busy healthcare
Point of care technician (Current Employee) –  Newark, OHJanuary 17, 2017
Great training and friendly employees. The company provides you with state of the art equipment to make the job as easy as possible. This company takes care of the employees.
Pros
Medical, vision, dental, pto
Cons
Short breaks
Managed several physician practices in three cities i a rural sitting.
Physician Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHOctober 10, 2016
Managed the clinical and business staff of the practices. Had home based office, but traveled to the other offices weekly. Worked with other managers who also managed multiple offices. The hardest part of the job was work, life balance. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people and doing the best job that I could do to maintain consistency and to grow the practices.
Pros
A caring staff who showed respect to those we served and to me.
Cons
The days were long with travel time.
Student Intern/Volunteer
Student Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHJuly 11, 2016
I volunteered at LMHS during the summer while I was in college, and later returned as a dietetic intern. I really enjoyed my time here and learned so much from everyone I worked with, which included dietitians and food service managers. Everyone was very nice and pleasant to be around and I was always treated with respect, and everyone was always willing to answer my questions and show me the ropes.
Great yet challanging place to work.
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Newark, OHSeptember 28, 2015
The most convenient thing about this job is the possibility of getting almost a week off after 3 consecutive shifts. The 12 hour shifts can be challenging with the sleep schedule and the pay doesn't quite match the responsibilities.
Pros
convenient hours
awesome place to work
Hospital Grounds Keeping (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHAugust 12, 2015
Licking Memorial Hospital was by far the best place i have worked. I worked during the summer while i was in high school and collage and every summer they were more than happy to give me my job back. LMH is a very professional and caring hospital.
Pros
very nice staff
Productive and community driven
❸ Secretary (Current Employee) –  Newark, OHAugust 10, 2014
Throughout the day, I balance reconciliation sheets for account receivables, train co-workers on certain aspects of their jobs. I research client account problems. I order all supplies. Correspond with our fiscal department to provide them with departmental findings. Research all agency accounts for delinquency. I provide end of day, month and end of year procedures and reports. I provide all bankruptcy information for our department and agency. Many other procedures throughout the department.
I have learned to prioritize many job duties. I have learned other co-workers jobs in order to provide coverage, which I enjoy the most. I work with very knowledgeable people who are very forthcoming with information.
The hardest part of the job is to see my co-workers move on to other job duties, different employment or retirement.
Our management allow us to provide the organization all information needed with trust.
Exceptional Work Experience
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newark, OhioDecember 19, 2013
I have worked many jobs in my lifetime but I have to say that this is the best job and I have had the best boss ever in my career. I will be sad to leave this position.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Licking Memorial Health Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

Licking Memorial Health Systems Reviews by Location