Licking Memorial Health Systems Employee Reviews

Great place to work!
Cardiovascular Lab/Interventional Radiology RN (Current Employee) –  Newark, OHApril 9, 2019
Working at LMH has helped me further my nursing skills and build my abilities as a nurse. I love working for this facility. I truly do feel like a part of a big family/team here.
Pros
Lunch discount
Cons
Not a whole lot of advancement opportunity for RNs
Poor Management/Employees are replaceable
RN (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHFebruary 20, 2019
Worked this establishment for many years as a nurse making less money than the new nurses entering the system. They play favorites and there are some who are able to maneuver around the system to get information.
They do not care about the employees who work diligently and are there for the "patient". They are there to show everyone else how wonderful they are.
Management is terrible. Poor communication and shoddy ways of getting to the truth with worker.
Terrible education.
I would not go back.
Pros
Patients
Cons
Management; HR; poor communication;very poor pay
Licking Memorial
Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Newark, OHDecember 4, 2018
They are a great company to work for
I highly recommend working with this company
Great People & company

Management is great willing to help work with you
Middle of the line
Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHNovember 25, 2018
The community is very small so that can be a good thing or a bad thing. There are a lot of clicks here and micromanagment. The benefits are nice but the pay is low.
Poor management...like walking back in time.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHNovember 5, 2018
Extremely dangerous patient to nurse ratios. You never work on your unit, you'll float 1-2 shifts a week. Intense micromanaging, not willing to change for staff or patient safety, raises are very small and few. LMH can't keep nurses, most nurses are new grads.

Management on all levels state "licking will not change how it does things, if you don't like it, leave".

No room for advancement.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Dangerous patient care.
Good job
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHSeptember 21, 2018
Great place to work and was close to home. Had fun there a learn alot of new things in the medical field. I really liked working with the public and you felt like you were making a difference.
Pros
Help people.
Cons
Could not help everyone
Great place to work.
RRT (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHSeptember 6, 2018
They really care about the staff. Respiatory Dept advancing slowly but advancing. Busy hospital for a small community facility. Staff works well together in all areas of the hospital.
It was an ok place to work
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHAugust 12, 2018
It was an ok place to work until my employment was ended.I worked there eleven years and in the end my work wasn't appreciated. However, I loved my time there, they do good work.
Fun place
Physician Center Clerk (Current Employee) –  Pataskala, OHJune 28, 2018
Great place to work. Great people and staff. Great hours and great benefits. Hours are Great. Holidays and weekends off. Lunch breaks. Uniforms paid .
Caring place
Physician Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHMay 30, 2018
A good experience loved working here spent 29 years and other than a few misunderstanding would do it again Mr Montagnese is a wonderful leader which makes management lesd stressful but I always felt backed up by my peers and encouraged by my manager
Pros
Rewarding work
Cons
Human resource department toxic
It has its ups, and downs.
Culinary Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newark, OHJanuary 12, 2018
Some days it would be manageable to work their. Others, more then there should be, it would be really bad. Complaints go to your supervisor but that's about it. No one really gets punished for being lazy or not doing their work like they should be. I had to go straight to human resources to complain about something that was going on that should not of been because numerous complaints to my supervisors boss achieved nothing.
Pros
Benefits where good, PTO is always nice, rotated holidays.
Cons
Poor management, lazy workers
Micromanaged and favoritism toward select employees
RN (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHNovember 3, 2017
Outdated, old meditech using f1-f12 keys. Ppl who audit audits. Micromanaged, nasty grams over email, and favoritism. Ins cheap. doesnt cover claims.
Pros
Cheap cafeteria food
Cons
Favoritism, have to use lmh dr for ins. Carpet throughout hospital
Fast paced office with high patient volume
Physician Center Clerk (Current Employee) –  Newark, OHOctober 10, 2017
Very fast paced office most days. Heavy telephone calls. Must be able to multi-task. MUST be confidential. Ability to remain courteous to upset parents must be a high priority. Enjoy the atmosphere with the clerical and the clinical staff. Most difficult part of job is the almost never ending phone calls. Most enjoyable part are the parents who appreciate your help in fulfilling their needs. Management, Providers and clinical staff are appreciative of hard work.
Pros
The PTO policy, quarterly bonuses, free picnics and Holiday dinners, employee discounts at Cafeteria, financial and personal recognition for specified length of service dates.
Cons
The only break is lunch hour; hard to leave your desk to "regroup", the phones can be overwhelming at times.
I worked in lab & Icu as a tech
POCT/ Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHJuly 27, 2017
I thought they cared more about the building and there appearance then they did the employees.
The human resource department if you had a probable with a manager and took it to hr they would not listen to you at all.
Pros
discount on lunch, benifits ok
Cons
12 shifts
This hospital takes excellent care of their employees.
Facility coder (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHJuly 11, 2017
I enjoyed my time working here. There are very good benefits for the employees. LMH has been voted "Best Places to Work' for several years. I moved out of state or I would probably still be working there.
Think twice
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHJune 14, 2017
Very little training for position before you're expected to go out and perform. Definitely favoritism shown by manager. If you are in an administrative role with LMH, there is no where to advance to. Every time an opportunity arises for betterment it always came with a pay cut or they would hire from outside company with NO explanation as to why no one in company's qualified. Really think twice about - if you are looking for advancement, this is not your employer. Benefits are ok, but 'not all that'.
Pros
Schedule was decent
Cons
Management is out of touch
Registration Specialist
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Newark, OHMay 2, 2017
LMH is a good company to work for. The management is great. They have a good work life balance. The compensation is average but the benefits are great. I really enjoy my job
Pros
benefits, bonuses
Cons
average pay
Great benefits
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Newark, OHApril 26, 2017
A small town community, providing above and beyond care to their patients, as well as employees. Excellent benefits, including healthcare, dental and vision.
I am currently working at Licking Memorial
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Newark, OHApril 22, 2017
I don't know much about this employer. I have worked at Licking Memorial since September of 2016. I know there is room to advance at Licking Memorial and I appreciate any company where you can grow and use the abilities you have.
Pros
good working hours, benefits, the overall company treats their employees well
Cons
30 minute lunches, the distance from where I live
great workplace
Physician Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHApril 9, 2017
It's a great place to work. There are tons of grown opportunities and the employees are valued and revered. Also, there are plenty of opportunities for bonus, frequently.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Licking Memorial Health Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

Licking Memorial Health Systems Reviews by Location