Lidestri Foods Employee Reviews

Forklift Operator/Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 15, 2019
Thus is a great place to work, family owned great benefits. Nice co-workers, very polite, helpful when you need help. Great supervisor, always there if you need help.
Fast paste professional environment
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 7, 2019
A typical day at work, I usually clock in then get my gear ,wash my hand and get to work.I've not only gotten a bit of manual labor experience, I also learned to work with people from different Diaspora's.
Pros
Lunch card
Cons
No paid luch
it is a good company to work for
Filler Operator (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 26, 2019
A regular day at works was fun with my co workersI like what I used to do at Lidestri foods I learn new things in there the hardest part was working 7 days of the week
Pros
we have a gym to work
Cons
i cant complain about lidestri foods
Did not give hours to live on
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Fairport, NYMarch 24, 2019
They did not give me hours for 3 weeks in a row. When I spoke to the manager, he said he would, never did. I tried to stay. The third shift is a difficult shift to work as well.
Rough environment
Mechanic/Electrician I (Former Employee) –  Fairport, NYJanuary 21, 2019
I worked at LiDestri for almost a year. Rough schedule 2 on 2 off 3 on 3 off 12 hrs. Company pays only 11.5 hrs if you work normal shift. And only 35.5 hours on short weeks. Very tough to keep bills squared away. Management treated everyone like the job on hand was more important then the people and their ideas and Input. Master technicians would tell head management that their ideas would not work and would be told to do it anyway. Would not recommend for a tradesman. The mechanics and Electricians turn over rate is extremely high. Also Filling room and kitchen are over 100 degrees in the summer. Literal sweatshop. Could have A/c but owners are too cheap to pay for A/C. Lee Rd plant had complete climate control and they removed all the units...
Pros
Decent 401k, lots of days off on the 12hr rotation.
dead end job
Assistant lead cook (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 29, 2018
long nights, people getting fired and hired constantly. hard labor for little pay................................................................................................................................................. dead end job... the hardest part of the job was filling up the kettles with heavy boxes of frozen vegatables. I learned about santition and forklift
Pros
a job
Cons
bad mangement
Poor Senior management
Facility Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 14, 2018
Needs work
Management needs to be ran through with a fine tooth comb
Lower management needs to learn how to stand up for whats right
When the workers, who put the sweat and actual work into the company,make suggestions. comply without ridiculous pushback.
It’s a easy job but it’s also hard work
Packaging and Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 11, 2018
It’s a lot of standing, reading, writing , and etc. But it’s help you learn what you are eating and how foods there is made. They work with you as long as you come to them in first hand.
Pros
Sometimes you able to take food home
Cons
Favoritism
Fast paced
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Pennsauken, NJAugust 29, 2018
Lidestri is a fast paced work environment, Its a good place to work if you like the 12 hour shift schedule. Its nice to work a few days then have off for a few days.
Hpp
member (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 21, 2018
Work in freezer for 12 hours i helped make hummus, tomato sauce and paste.i package food on skits and move the skits to the colder freezer. Hummus and other foods use to chilli down in their for a couple of hours.
Favoritism Rules
Labeler Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 9, 2018
You get where you are by who you know, and how good you are at kissing a**. Those in favor can do as they please and are often found relaxing or sleeping in some corner. Rumors of who is sleeping with who on a daily basis. Sketchy culture, salty environment. Corrupt from the top down. Rumors of how the bosses got to where they are, the favored doing drugs and or alcohol with the supers in the parking lot on a daily basis. Those who work hard are given more work and duties while those who previously did those jobs are allowed to do as they please.
Pros
good pay, lots of overtime
Cons
short breaks, lots of overtime, no time off, negative environment, favoritism
good place to work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 5, 2018
Good place to work but near impossible to switch shifts. Good employees and work is easy to learn if you apply yourself. good company to work for but no opportunities to advance
Pros
easy work
Cons
night shifts
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 31, 2018
I enjoyed working at Lidestri foods. The people in my department not only help you grow at work. The things i was taught i carried out into life. my Experience there was nothing short of great.when problems arouse we would communicate and help each other to solve the problem in a manner in which that problem could not arise again and if it did. we all new what to do. Shared knowledge for great benefit in all areas of the workplace.
Pros
Ok benefits good family functions and events
Cons
Work weekends no life balance no room for advancing
long work nights, busy shifts
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 24, 2018
Good people good human resources good managers some good supervisor over pressure there employees to keep production line moving little of training for new employee with no experience.
Pros
Ok benefits good family functions and events
Cons
Work weekends no life balance no room for advancing
laborers & helpers (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 24, 2018
if you like to work in hot environments, this is the job for you. The hours are long. its not bad of a place to work at, but at times you only get one day off out of the week.
food man
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 11, 2018
transports products around production area using push carts and electrical trucks removes, stacks and sorts defective items from conveyers and machines.
Lidestri foods a great place to grow
Parts clerk (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 18, 2018
i enjoyed working at Lidestri foods. The people in my department not only help you grow at work. The things i was taught i carried out into life. my Experience there was nothing short of great.when problems arouse we would communicate and help each other to solve the problem in a manner in which that problem could not arise again and if it did. we all new what to do. Shared knowledge for great benefit in all areas of the workplace.
Production line
Machine Operator/Assembler (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 13, 2018
Pros
Ok benefits good family functions and events
Cons
Work weekends no life balance no room for advancing
Not the place to be
cook ,forklift, machine operator (Current Employee) –  Fairport, NYJune 5, 2018
I have nothing good to say about this job. However I enjoy my coworkers. Management sucks no raises no cost of living no chance for growth unless you are related to someone in management. you have employees who hasn't had a raise in years not even a cost of living increase. Truly one of the worst places to work for
Job description
Manufactor, Assembly line worker (Former Employee) –  Fairport, NYMay 31, 2018
Typical day's at work. Come in and check to see with zone I'm assigned to at the board. Then check with supervision if they need any special details completed. I'll clean my work station then start my job. Stay focus and continue the task. Take my scheduled breaks and lunch. Help out when needed,

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lidestri Foods. Our community is ready to answer.