Lidl US
54Below average

Lidl US Employee Reviews

United States316 reviews
Featured review
Lidl US selected this as a representative review
Exciting times to be part of Lidl US
I have been working for Lidl US HQ for over 2 years now and I really enjoy it. It is a very fast paced work environment, which also means you learn a lot - since no day is the same. If you are a looking for a paper pusher 9-5 job, this is probably not the environment for you. But if you are looking for a challenge and you want to grow personally and professionally, this might be the right company for you. I have learned so much already, since you will get the responsibility to own your projects through and through. The culture is fun, and I have found friends in my colleagues. There are times, where you need to put in extra hours, but my line manager always makes sure, that this is leveled at quieter times. I love working with people from all over the world and US. I can recommend working here.
Pros
Career Opportunity, Colleagues, Benefits
Cons
sometimes long(er) hours
It is a positive work environment to work in and each day I am happy to go to work and proudly represent the lidl brand. There is nothing but good vibes and positive energy between staff and customers.
Still a long ways to go
This Company has a long way to go before they will survive in the US market. Lack of proper SOP and improperly trained associates being pushed into roles they are not ready for just to show a rapid growth in area coverage is crippling this company.
A work place where you can learn a lot
If you have no previous experience be ready for fast learning. If you are looking for career advance, it is the perfect place to start and learn, depends how much you want to invest in your career.
Pros
Challenges, training
Cons
If you commute, long hours in traffic
management
poor attitude had a complaint on a managers behavior towards me totally ignored never solved felt very uncomfortable after that till I was fired. Sick
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Values
Lidl is a great company to work for. Fast paced and lively. Great room for growth. Pay is well above average for any and all positions. Management is great on all levels.
Lidl
Was not a bad store it was just new to the United States when I started working there so they had their bumps in the road. I went away for 6 weeks to federalsburg Virginia to train for that job. Was not a bad job. But it could of used a little more experienced supervisors / managers. Especially being a grocery store it’s already in a competing market.
Pros
Nomen
Poor poor management, Store went from successfully succeeding to plummeting in sales & customer service
Poor poor management, Store went from successfully succeeding to plummeting in sales & Customer service, cleanliness is definitely not the top priority at the store anymore & it shows.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Lidl US?
Very professional
Nice place to work and shop with family and friends. Customer service is A1. The product is always available . The store is very nice and neat and so is the employees.
Productive place to work with great opportunities
They train you will for all the jobs you will be doing. No day at work is the same. over all it is a great place to work but DONT expect to be able to slack off in the least bit.
The Details
There was more corrupt happening at this job that anywhere I’ve worked. You’ll get overlooked for favoritism, and carry the load of multiple people almost every shift. Great bakery items though.
Warehouse
My schedule changed a lot. Very unclean environment. Management, Team leads poorly educated.Favoritism overall I would not recommend i had better expectations North Carolina is the worst one.
Pros
You get benefits
Cons
Management, Training
Easy going
The job is pretty easy going. No one is hassling you about leaving 5 minutes early or arriving 5 minutes late. We work together cohesively and collaboratively. No one is throwing others under the bus to get ahead, we are all recognized for our contributions, but we all contribute.
1372 Lidl Us Store
They atmosphere of the workplace is welcoming. I feel they work place lefts me advance my skill sets. For example, before having this job I only had basic knowledge on customer service. However, I feel like I've become better at helping customers better.
Recruiters at the Arlington HQ appear Racists!
Yes, those recruiters and so-called managers at the Arlington Headquarters seems very unqualified for the jobs they hold and appears to select store management/employees on the basis of their Whims and Caprices rather than the competence, skills and abilities that a candidate may possess. They are a bunch of jokers who, and their likes elsewhere in Lidl US, are the reason why lidl US wouldwill soon go bancrupt and return to Germany.LLidl,Lthoughnew to the US Market, has gotren a very bad name already.
Pros
Lidl is a great idea being lead by ridiculous recruiters & managers
Cons
Horrible Headquarters management, I have lost every interest in working for Lidl. Very despicable upper management
Advancements not based on merit or hard work
They should to work on their management choices and the advancement process. There were many procedures and standards that did not mesh well in American stores and succeeded only in increasing stress levels and increasing chances of theft.
Hated it
Completely unorganized. Everybody there has a secret hidden agenda to get people fired. Everybody messy. Boss be chewing tobacco. And here the kicker... If you're about to lose your job they will put you on schedule like everything is fine, have you come in to work, start working, then fire you. Bs place. Always contradicting each other.. Never on the same page.
Just don't!
I knew expectations were high. Was not prepared for the constant nagging and judging of management, and testing on scans per minute and memorization of PLU codes. Always being told i wasn't working, or even walking, fast enough.

Less emphasis on doing things correctly than on doing them quickly. Managers played favorites, giving most desirable tasks to whomever they liked best.

Nasty cleaning jobs that I wasn't expecting, and that some others didn't have to do.
So much growth
I will always love Lidl and be a customer. It's a great business model and being on the front lines of implementing it here in the US was challenging and rewarding.
This company promised their employees many things but we don't even get an employee discount. Management swaps out quicker than you can blink and everyone's ready to throw the next person under the bus in hopes of a promotion that will never come.
Pros
You will get time off if you ask for it and never get put back on the schedule again.
Cons
Risk of getting injured is high
Great ideas with a lot of flawed execution.
Lidl has a fantastic opportunity to truly make a mark here in the US, and has some of the necessary talent to do so, but the below subpar communication within the company will torpedo the whole operation if steps aren't taken to correct that. You can implement all of the shiny distractions you want (free coffee, table tennis, foosball, whatever), but you are, in essence, just sprinkling glitter on a wound to make it look more attractive. The turnover rate should be proof enough of that.

There are some upsides, to be sure. The pay is pretty great (provided you actually get paid correctly, that's a fairly common problem), the benefits are good, and collaboration/communication within each individual department is pretty solid. The communication breakdowns occur primarily between departments, and with high level management. The number of times I've witnessed direct questions completely side-stepped by VPs is absolutely astounding, and did nothing but lessen my faith in them as so-called leaders. I know that (at least some) department managers and directors are fighting the good fight, but there's only so much that can be done when it's evident that nothing is changing for the better.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lidl US. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6
InHerSight Score
2.0Personal Development
2.9Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight