Lids Employee Reviews

Boring
Sales Associate Cashier (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJanuary 16, 2018
From my experience, I didn't really enjoy working there. I didn't get many hours, I only worked Friday evenings and weekends but even after I asked for more hours I was told that they didn't have enough hours. Although the job is relaxed and not busy majority of the time, it was a competition who could get more sales with whoever came in...often stealing sells for a coworker.
Lame
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 11, 2018
Wouldn't really do much. Just be on my phone really. And they wouldn't give me much hours and that was a main reason why I quit . Wouldn't recommend unless you are looking for a job on the weekends.
It is a hat store, no need to over complicate things
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJanuary 11, 2018
When your core demographic of customers come in to buy a hat for their favorite sports team or to buy something to match their outfit there is no need for an entire "dog and pony show" We would regularly get bothered by upper management for not tucking in our t shirt yet they would see no problem in having one person man an entire store by themselves for several hours on a busy weekend just to save paying for more employees to be scheduled.

The discount is ok, If you like hats then it can be a fun job at times but, it has the same cons as most retails places
Lids
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Harper Woods, MIJanuary 10, 2018
Its a great job to work, I wish they had more hours but they don't. Discounts are great i love them. Its really relaxed and I like that. Most chill job i've ever had.
Fun interacting with customers
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 9, 2018
Running stores that sold sport styled hats was fun to do while training other team members including new managers to drive performance and themselves personally and professionally.
I love lids
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 8, 2018
I loved working at lids, until we started having shrink problem. The district managers couldn’t tell were the theft was coming from so they let everyone go at once.
Productive and fun workplace
Part-Time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 8, 2018
Sell hats
Learned how to embroider hats
Management is excellent
Workplace culture is very nice
The hardest part of the job is during the holidays
The most enjoyable part of the job is i'm able to interact with customers
Horrible place to work
part time sales associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 7, 2018
First lets start with the fact that the managers, mind you there are 4 in one location and 2 associates, myself and one other female. The associates never get hours due to the fact that Lids constantly is cutting hours because corporate is extremely cheap giving the bare minimum to all their stores across the nation. Here is the kicker, managers get priority hours but are not salaried. I am not happy w this company.
great for students
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJanuary 1, 2018
very easy job that can get deadly slow at times. perfect for students wanting to just clock in and clock out without any extra drama. worst part was corporate coming into your store and creating problems out of nothing, minimum wage pay, and guarantee you will get tired of the job after the first week
Pros
easy, simple, freedom
Cons
management/corporate, low pay, doing same thing every day
Would not recommend unless it is temporary
Acting Manager- The Galleria at Tyler (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 1, 2018
The atmosphere is great at Lids but that is about it. You will quickly realize that the turnover rate is extremely high and the district managers could care less about you or your requests that will benefit the store. They will also relocate you to any store they feel like if they feel the need and are incapable of filling the position there themselves. They will say its to take the next step but really its to cover themselves for someone quitting (most likely because of them)
Pros
Great discount
Cons
Upper management, bad pay, constant relocation
Fun environment with supportive team members
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CAJanuary 1, 2018
Fun environment with supportive team members. Many times where the day becomes dull because of the lack of business but even more the reason to brush up on anything you may need work on
fun work place
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 31, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting the sales and working with awesome people in a great area. The manager was great he taught me a lot about the job.
Pros
good hours
Cons
holiday are stressful
no hours if not a manager
Sales (Current Employee) –  Trumbull, CT 06611December 31, 2017
unprofessional job ,the manager is umprofessional asf where are these people foundi have been a loyal employee since 2018 we get a new manager I get no hours at all.
Great Job
Assistant Store Manager Sales (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEDecember 30, 2017
Lids was an excellent part time job yes at times i wish i could go back and use it as my part time because it paid well and it was perfect for my schedule at my other job.
Enjoyable
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CADecember 27, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of organizing hats on a shelf for customers to view. Assisting customers with finding the right hat size and following up by answering any questions they might have.
Pros
Good Manger
Horrible Place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 26, 2017
LIDS is a horrible place to work. There isn't coverage if you cant make it. You will be stuck working all three shifts due to poor management and supervising
Great job
3rd key manager (Former Employee) –  Centennial, CODecember 22, 2017
Lids is a great job to start at as when first getting into working. Why? Because the work is not only easy but the hours are also school friendly by not closing too late.
Very relaxed and social work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Natick, MADecember 19, 2017
I liked working at LIDS very much. My manager was very easy going. It was very nice to have a social and relaxing job to go to after school. I would recommend working at LIDS to anyone looking for a relaxed and fun part time job.
Pros
Social experience and Discounts
Cons
lack of hours
Lids - a typical day
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLDecember 14, 2017
Lids is a good place to work but only if you are starting from the bottom and working up to manager. Since i already was a manager when i got to fl. I was just always working even on my days off.
Pros
discounts on merchandise
Cons
barely any days off
Fun place to start
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CADecember 8, 2017
Small retail store. Average duties, open and closing, money transactions, and customer service. Worked multiple locations when called on. Enjoyed co workers and environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lids. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9