Lids Employee Reviews

Good company
Sales Help/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDJuly 14, 2018
Good company to work for if you just graduate high school. If you work enough to will get a raise and a promotion. Very flexible if you are in school.
Slow and poor business placement
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 11, 2018
The hours were long with hardly any business, extreme sales goals, micro management from district manager. Job advancement was not available. No benefits.
Productive and fun workplace
Store Manager, District Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Rockaway, NJJuly 11, 2018
I enjoyed every day of working with this amazing company. Very encouraging atmosphere and always developing and learning.I would recommend this as a place of employment learning to grow
Great Place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 10, 2018
Great Management! Good discounts and you can move around the job. I would recommend this job to anyone. You can travel if you want. Easy to learn. Training is good
Fun place for sport lovers
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJuly 9, 2018
The love of sports and other sport lovers kept me there. Though I was not paid a liveable wage and was not successfully transferred, the I was time employed there, I've gained experience in working in a fast and slow pace, the true meaning of being a team player and taking responsibility as a leader.
It’s a good job to interact with new people and learn responsibility.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Kenwood, OHJuly 9, 2018
Good job to have if like being on your feet and communicating with people. Teaches people responsibility as well, because there’s some days where we would be slow and wouldn’t need 2 or 3 people, so you could be closing by yourself which involves cleaning, getting to all the customers, closing the store, counting money (sometimes more than a grand) and taking that deposit to the bank.
productive, relaxed, fun environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 6, 2018
At lids I learned the different type of hats and sizes. I also learned different sport teams. The hardest part of the job was to juggle a lot of people in the store while also trying to check them out.
Pros
discounts on hats
Cons
short breaks
Fast Pace Enviroment
GENERAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXJuly 5, 2018
Great opportunity to grown in management and develop yourself. There are different fields that you can venture on to help you grow as a DMIT, Custom Trainer and Auditor.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 3, 2018
Loved working there, learned to prepare and ship out online orders, cashier experience , competitive amongst all lids was a bit hard , selling lids memberships and embroideries . my team was amazing, manager and coworkers were easy to work with and thats the most enjoyable part of the whole job besides the 50 percent off discounts
"Attitude reflects leadership captain"
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJuly 1, 2018
I got a deep lesson in retail when I took over this position. HIRE YOUR OWN PEOPLE, and make sure you are thorough in the interviewing process. People that are gifted to you are usually gifted for a reason.
Pros
I was at work alot.
Cons
I was at work alot
lids at san ysidro
Sales Associate, Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Ysidro, CAJune 27, 2018
Just an okay place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CAJune 27, 2018
My time at LIDS was short but helped me improve my sales skills. The company is too uptight though. They have room for many improvements on all levels.
All about they environment you create
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  MarylandJune 27, 2018
I've been here for a good while, seen the good and bad of the company as its continuing to grow, I love working here sometimes the hassle of retail just get to you.
Pros
Dsm Great to work for, meet new people, love doing Embroidery
Cons
No real breaks, pay isn't all that good, alot of single coverage.
Terrible!
Lids worker (Former Employee) –  Ontario Mills, CAJune 26, 2018
The management lies to customers and says that they do not have things in stock when they are really just in the back. They just don’t feel like getting it. Also if a employee goes to get it for a customer they get mad. The store manager is really uptight. They don’t give you hours. Very unprofessional. Only a 10 minute break and then only a 30 minute lunch if you work over 5 hours. So you could be standing all day for 8 hours and only get 40 minutes break. Even when they’re no customers in the store they have you “pretend” like you are doing something. While the management and leads play around and joke. You’re not really anything in this company unless your a manager. Overall this company was not great atleast this store wasn’t. The pay isn’t enough and if you get no hours and barely pay. Then your paychecks are really short.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Short breaks, Management, lies, unprofessional
no time or hours
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 24, 2018
i'm a new hire at the outlet and they have no hours, but they are still hiring new people and not give them any time time the store. there was no training and i only got one day a week so i couldn't really watch much to learn.
lids
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXJune 24, 2018
great work college kids to work, not so great for building a career. Manger quit every 2 weeks because of being under staff. Employees never show up on time for work
It would be a better work place if there wasn’t favoritism
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 24, 2018
The job is ok till you meet your district manager and the DMIT and you find out that they are snakes and liers till the day they die and HR is no help either
Cons
Everyone higher then a store manager
Lids review summary
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 23, 2018
Lids was a very relaxed fun environment to work at. Great pay with awesome trainers and management. Loved my position working at Lids and all the flexiblity that comes with the job.
Do not work here!
Sales (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJune 20, 2018
Absolutely horrible! DO NOT WORK HERE!!! Management is just as bad as the employees. They told me to do one thing, higher management does another. Around the holidays they didn't have enough workers so they had my girlfriend come work with us for the entire day with no pay or even appreciation.
Fun place to work at
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 20, 2018
Stopped working because it was a seasonal job but it was very nice working at Lids for the times i did loved my manager and learned a lot of retail stores

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lids. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.8

2.8Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight