Lids Employee Reviews

Found 1,298 reviews matching the search See all 1,429 reviews
Company is going under
Middle Management (Former Employee) –  KentuckyJune 25, 2019
Do not work here. The company was recently sold (again) for pennies on the dollar. They are turning all focus toward e-commerce. Working conditions are terrible. You are expected to work long shifts, by yourself. Pay and hours have both been cut, and stores are closing.
Pros
Discount, easy work.
Cons
Low pay, minimal advancement opportunities, the company will not be in business much longer.
Personalize the customer orders
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJune 25, 2019
I would greet the customers in the mall to come over to Lids to buy hats and get it personalize. Lids is slowed paced and is only busy around the Holidays.
I enjoy working for lids and the culture they have going on .
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Arvin, CAJune 24, 2019
I love working for lids. I enjoy sports so it makes my job a lot easier as kids is a sports based store. I enjoy talking and meeting new diverse people. Always looking to lend a helping hand and not a starter to hard work.
Pros
Great employee discount
day at Lids
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAJune 24, 2019
a typical day at work was helping customers locate specific product i.e. hat, jersey, tumbler, wallet, shirt. So if the customer was looking for a black Dodgers hat size 7 1/8 I'd help them to locate it and if I was unable to I would recommend that they could order it online than pick it up in store in 7-14days and upon arrival of the shipment I'd reach out to the customer to inform them there order arrived in store for pick up. The most enjoyable part of this job was talking to all the customers about there favorite team and/or player after greeting them with a smile and welcoming them into the store. I'd have to say the hardest part was not having a certain product the customer was looking for with intent to purchase or dealing with rude customers who would take out there frustration on me because they were having a bad day
Lids review
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 21, 2019
Lids was a nice company to work for until February 2019. The company was bought and store manager hours along with overall store hours were cut drastically. Now you are expected to run single coverage during the busiest hours. There are no pay raises unless you ask and then you probably won't get it. The store managers are mandated to work 3 Saturdays and 3 Sundays a month. Store managers are not allowed to take 2 days off in a row unless given special permission. Everything about running the store is micro managed. You cannot make a decision about the store you run without consulting the DM first.
Laid back sales job with lots of learning
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILJune 20, 2019
It is a fairly easy job, pretty laid back. I learned a lot about customer service, sales, and working in general. It was a great first job and I don't regret working there.
Pros
Laid back, easy going
Cons
short breaks, only one 15 min. break for an eight hour shift
it was alright
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJune 17, 2019
it was alright, pretty much your basic retail job the job is only as good as your coworkers. it can get boring alot. you either like it or you hate it.
Could be better
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 17, 2019
Started off decent, then they merged with Fanatics and they started cutting hours. However, they still required an extraordinary amount of stuff to be accomplished but with the lack of hours, there was never enough employees working daily.
Fun
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 17, 2019
Fun workplace and nice. Helping new and existing customers is always cool because you get to know people from around and have fun talking to them and it nice helping customers with problems
Very good work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAJune 17, 2019
Love working there like my coworkers and the people I meet great work Environment. The work was easy to get the hours were good pay was good everyone was on the same page
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Kind of slow
Great job for a college student
Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Deer Park, NYJune 13, 2019
They’re flexible enough for college students and the environment is relaxed but still professional. I hardly get hours with the new management which is the only downfall.
Manager provides flexible schedule
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  FloridaJune 10, 2019
I love my manager! Work days can drag depending on the traffic, but overall, fun environment when you have a manager that cares. Not too many areas for advancement or raises.
Pros
Management, coworkers
Cons
Pay
Great teams and fun competition amongst fellow teams
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDJune 9, 2019
The average day is to ensure that you hit sales quota while making the customer happy and wanting to return. The management is fantastic, and that yes, many of whom might be on the younger side. Which shows they're faults of immaturity from time to time, but its the same age group that can be molded and harden their learning capabilities to become an incredible leader in the future. The hardest part of the job would have to be when it comes to large amounts of people in the store with either little or no help being around. The most enjoyable part of the job is when the stores have their weekly meeting where the store see how they stack up with one another and how each district in the state perform.
Good work environment
Market Leader/store manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 9, 2019
Good work environment but management was subpar. Hours were cut heavy due to merger with fanatics. It seems like fanatics is trying to push out lids due to fanatics items being sold on the lids website
Have fun selling
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDJune 7, 2019
Great experience especially from hat fan world of view. Learning the embroidery process was very resourceful in not on store sales but outside store ideas
Cons
great place for sales experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  Montgomeryville, PAJune 4, 2019
Working at Lids was great place for me to learn management and sales. I learned a lot about being a manager and the responsibilities that come with it.
Good first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ellenton, FLJune 3, 2019
I liked working there, we had a strong team. Had I remained in the area, I would have gone into management. The district manager at the time was divisive and often interfered where it wasn't needed.
customer serviced driven
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMay 31, 2019
customer serviced driven, mid speed pace , product knowlegde , hours were up and down until i got promoted, sales skills needed, up sale are a must ...
Team Builder
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Danville, VAMay 30, 2019
Lids was a pretty dope place to work at when i first started. It wasnt until some management changes were made then the problem seem to have come in. Wrong person for the job guess can say.
Cool but boring too.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INMay 29, 2019
My time at lids was ok. There aren’t a lot of hours that go around unless you’re an assistant manager or the manager. Not many benefits or compensation for sales considering they push you to get your sales numbers up.
Pros
You can watch sportscenter
Cons
Boring, not much traffic

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lids. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight