Lids Employee Reviews

Found 1,194 reviews matching the search See all 1,309 reviews
Productive and fun work place.
Lids (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHDecember 9, 2018
Lids is a great job if you're into sports or fashion, i enjoyed helping people match clothing with hats. This is a great job if you're interested in sports as well considering the endless sports conversations.
Pros
Comfortable and secure enviornment.
Cons
Short shifts
Productive fun work environment
Lead Cashier • Part-time sales associate (Current Employee) –  Friendswood, TX 77546December 8, 2018
I enjoyed working at lids. It was pretty laid back and relaxed. I enjoyed the people I worked with and the managers were extremely nice. The dress code was pretty awesome.
I hated it.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VADecember 6, 2018
I hated this job more than anything. But I worked as much as possible to the best of my. Abilities. The workers were rude and the manager wasn’t there
Pros
None.
Cons
Everything.
Lids Doesn't Care
Part-Time Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  MultipleDecember 5, 2018
Lids doesn't care if you have had a family member pass away or any major life events that happen.

Lids rather hire new people than promote from within. They say they prioritize education, but will not promote if you are in school (college).

The district managers are awful.
Fun workplace
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXDecember 4, 2018
Best easiest job anyone could ever get. Fun place to work at. Learn something new everyday. Very easy to learn the register and embroidery machine. The embroidery machine is so much fun and I love to design new things everyday. I love assisting customers.
Pros
Discounts Have a great Store Manager
Cons
Short breaks
Great place to interact with customers and connect over sports
Sales Associate/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Rome, GANovember 29, 2018
This company is amazing. I have loved every day working here. The managers are great and the higher ups usually have competitions to improve team morale and productivity. There is always room to move up the company ladder if you do a great job at your job. The work is typically easy. The hardest thing is juggling embroidery with customer service on busy days. Overall this is a great company and I would recommend it.
Fun goal-driven workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VANovember 29, 2018
Greeted customers and assisted with selecting of merchandise and checking out. Typically laid-back environment with manageable daily sales goals to achieve.
Pros
Meeting customers
Good first job
Merchandise Analyst (Former Employee) –  Zionsville, INNovember 28, 2018
Good company to start your first job out of college with. The office is a younger office, so it's super laid back and collaborative/easy to make friends. They have lots of office parties and other fun events. The management is lacking here, unless you're apart of the "Boys Club", you go nowhere. The pay is laughable.
Pros
new office, summer hours, gym in office
Fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Macon, GANovember 26, 2018
It was so fun working here and meeting new people. But I never got hours and only could work 2 days out the week. The people and managers were nice also.
Stressful
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 26, 2018
Will try to give you the most reponsibily possible without any hope of financial advancement. Stores are not kept up and no research is made on to what actually sells.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
No leadership or accountability
Ok place to work as a first job or in Highschool
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GANovember 24, 2018
A typical day was trying to meet your sales goal at work and to make sure the customer had the best help to find what he/she was looking for. The shifts were short usually 4 or 5 hours and the days were slow. I learned team building skills and customer service skills. The management was really cool I formed bonds and relationships with them. The only problem I had is when I didn't get my check on payday and I had to wait 4 weeks to get paid The culture was ok the goals weren't really realistic. The hardest part was trying to reach a high sales goal on a really slow day. I enjoyed working with my team and creating memories with them.
Pros
Mall Discount, My Genesco discounts (Lids and Journeys)
Cons
Low Hours
Chilled place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Oxon Hill, MDNovember 21, 2018
Its a typical retail job. It has its ups and downs. It can be slow yet it picks up at random times of the day. The people who shop there are nice, and are open to the employees suggestions
Overall easy but boring
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WINovember 20, 2018
On a day-to-day basis, the store made its sales but the customers were very slow. Made my job easy but the time flow was the most difficult thing. Could vary store to store
Fair work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKNovember 19, 2018
Fair work environment,the store manager was a cool guy fair as well,well organized very chill relaxed work environment I enjoyed selling hats for lids
Great retail sales experience.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 17, 2018
Fun and energetic retail sales. A lot of competition dealing with other sports retail establishments. Flexible hours were mostly an option for employees which worked out for all employees.
Pros
Discounts.
Cons
Hourly pay.
Great.
Third Key Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 16, 2018
Never had a complaint excellent place to work in. All the employees and managers always had smile on there faces and made it a great place to work in.
Very relaxed and comfortable place to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CA 95123November 15, 2018
Practiced and learned in a quick paced store created by customers. I liked facilitating purchases by briefly telling the customers about a certain product. Effectively communicated with them.
good starter job
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALNovember 13, 2018
its a good job for anyone who is single and in college. its at least 45 hours a week and at least 2 closing shifts per week. if you wanted to take a Saturday or Sunday off, you had to use PTO in order to do so. they basically make your schedule for you if you are a manager, only giving you the option to be off Tuesday Wednesday or Thursday. I really enjoyed my job there but the hours and scheduling was what drove me away. if you get to a District Manager position it gets a lot better but if you are a store manager and below you are basically a slave to the company.
Pros
great discount
Cons
work life balance, under appreciate in store employees
Worse job I've ever had
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MI 49017November 5, 2018
The management was unprofessional and disrespectful. I would be left in the store ( as a minor) for hours on end while the manager was walking around the mall ON THE CLOCK. I wouldn't be able to use the restroom and I never had a lunch working well over 5 hour days. This store went out of business soon after I left.
Great Part time job
Seasonal Part Time (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYNovember 1, 2018
Manager was great. I learned customer service skills. The culture was laid back, but hardworking. The hardest part of the job was getting hats from the top shelf.
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lids. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight