LIFE ALERT EMERGENCY RESPONSE Employee Reviews

Dispatcher - Encino
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Encino, CAMarch 8, 2018
Look for ANYTHING else. Unless you like being screamed at, told your never doing it right or good enough, love the office politics games and paying for your own parking which you better keep receipts for or it's on you. They don't understand that the customer really should come first. They train only on how the devices work and a script you need to memorize Exactly word for word or else, Either you get written up or the "person" not " sub" is not really heard, gets frustrated and you don't have a genuine conversation. But hey it's just a job to them anyway with another sucker born every minute to take your place. Bad pay. Felt a weight lifted when I left. :)
Pros
Make new friends, have common reasons for leaving
Cons
Pay, screaming, environment
Very good job but not for everyone
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Encino, CAJuly 28, 2016
I'm a current dispatcher at this company and I would definitely recommend it to most. However, this job is NOT for everyone - you have to be able to deal with some stress, know computers decently, be able to talk on the phone well (everything is recorded), and be a fast learner. Common sense is crucial. You must also work weekends and holidays, but shifts are very flexible as you can easily switch with coworkers, and we get double pay on holidays.

Training is about 4 months: 6 weeks in a classroom and about 10 weeks 1 on 1 with another dispatcher who will teach you. Yes, you get paid regular wage during training. It IS a difficult job to learn (I'd say only about 6/10 actually make it all the way through), but NOT a difficult job to DO.

Most of the bosses are pretty nice, and almost all of the dispatchers are between age 20-30 and are really cool people to work with.

Time FLIES at this job (at least for the day shift). You are often so busy you don't have time to look at the clock. Very rarely do I find myself bored at this job. Once you get through training you get offered a TON of overtime, too.

Lastly: the health/vision/dental benefits are pretty awful so don't expect to get much from that. I think we get 6 paid sick days a year and i think 7 days of paid vacation.
Pros
Time flies, tons of overtime, flexible schedule, awesome co-workers
Cons
Hard to learn, can be stressful, low pay, working weekends
Emergency Dispatch - good experience
Emergency Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Encino, CAJuly 24, 2016
Customer service, high call volume call center type job. Handle
Inbound alarm calls. Some emergency calls, but mostly tests and accidental activations. Learned a lot. Great training. They spend 3-4 months training you. They make sure you're ready. Schedule is flexible in terms of having different shifts (I.e. Early morning, later in day). Good if you want to goto school. Difficult because you have to work weekends. If partying on the weekends is your thing, this isn't the job for you. There is pressure to make sure you're doing a good job. QA team monitors you. But if you are disciplined, it's not a problem. Lots of negative ratings here are from disgruntled workers who couldn't handle the job or got fired. Job, coworkers, mgmt aren't bad. My experiences waa nothing like what the negative reviewers wrote.
Pros
Training is great, coworkers are great, job has meaning, regular raises
Cons
Dealing with emergencies can be stressful, benefits could be better
Supervisors Scream and Shout at Everyone
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Encino, CAJuly 12, 2016
Terrible place to work. Supervisors and managers screaming and yelling all time. People run out the door in tears. The pay is high because nobody wants to work there.
A Company you can grow with
Emergency Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Encino, CAMay 10, 2016
I was a former employee as an Emergency Dispatcher at Life Alert a few months ago until I had to move out of the state and unfortunately had to resign from my position. During the two years I was working there, I've learned how to remain calm and make quick decisions during emergency situations.

The management team is highly approachable and has an open door policy when it comes to our concerns. They are extremely professional and helpful when it comes to guiding and mentoring you to excel in your everyday tasks.

Life Alert is a company I can see myself grow with if it wasn't for the unforeseeable circumstances. I received a handful of knowledge and skills in which I can utilize in other positions in the future. If I ever find my way back in the area; it would definitely be a place I would return to.
Pros
Saving lives
Cons
Only one call center location

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LIFE ALERT EMERGENCY RESPONSE. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about