Life Care Centers of America

Found 2,682 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Life Care Centers of America selected this as a representative review
Best co workers
I have been with Life care now for almost 10 years in different towns and states and centers and have enjoyed working for the company and the teamwork is great and there is always laughter with great work ethics.
Pros
clean, enough equipment, great staff, great patient care
Cons
Wish there was a center in Tampa FL
Fun environment to work in!
I have worked here since January 2020. Management is very helpful and actually care about the employees and residents. Great benefits and competitive pay. I would definitely recommend working here. Co-workers and residents are awesome!
Pros
Great pay and benefits. Flexible scheduling for nursing staff.
Just do ur job
A lot has changed since I first started working for life care. At first I really I joyed it the but we had some management change over. Things have changed and they hav a lot of problems with scheduling.
Pros
Not sure
Cons
Not sure
Just another filled spot
All these years and dedicated to my job, I was under valued and treated as if I am just a spot they filled. HR took my leave as if it were a joke and even made sarcastic comments to the situation.
Management has favortism and no teamwork
Rn and cna co workers are great. Upper management and unit Rns have favortism with certain staff. Only certain policies apply to certain staff. Isn't fair for all employed. Work load is too much with not enough support from upper management. Hours are cut if you pickup extra shifts to meet corporate demands. Very stressful work environment and not very good teamwork
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Na
Good company to work for. Great staff and diversity is promoted. The leadership team is amazing . The staff really cares about the residents and the customer is great.
Not worth the effort to apply
Hours are long and hectic on both days n nites your patient load is severe 13-17 residents to do on days, n 25 to 37 residents to 1 CNA on nights, it never changes expect alot but no appreciation for it. Pay is on the low side 10 to 11.00 an hour but ALWAYS severely short staff with no help.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Low pay, no team work, no bonus program, lack of admin appreciation.
Not a good Company to work for
Under staffed, poor management. No team work, plenty of supplies, no PPE, units are dirty, roaches everywhere poor communication. Poorly trained cnas
Great Benefits / Low Pay
I was working at Life Care Center at Hilo for a few months as a Dietary Aide. Although the benefits are great, the pay is TOO LOW for the amount of work you have to do. The workload can be too much for just $10.10 per hour of this job. You only get 10 or 20 cents increase when you stay longer which for me is still NOT worth it. It’s honestly not enough to make a living here in Hawaii where the cost of living is expensive.
It’s a great place to start your career, but not on the long term. I would highly recommend to apply somewhere else that would have better pay.
Good place to work over all
Pay is not good. Management is questionable at best. Some better than others. No real room for advancement. Pay could definitely stand to be better. No real raises just a yearly 1%
Supportive
Turnovers were constant both patient and staff work was always available and extra shifts were encouraged. Management was clicky however the teamwork was awesome ! Food wasn't bad either for one of those places
Great rehab staff to work for.
Working for Life care center of Bridgeton is an enjoyable place to work. The rehab team is supportive, friendly and has such a great work ethic.
The most rewarding part of the job is the positive impact we have on the patients we treat and the progress they accomplish by this rehab team.
Awesome place to work
I truly enjoyed my job. I felt like I was helping the community. The staff was outstanding and the family members treat you like you are a part of their family. I truly miss my work associates. It was a great place to work.
Good place
Very challenging place. It was a good job but very fast paced. Organization could have been better when it came to patient care. Definitely more of a hospital environment.
Unsafe conditions
Management didn't want the nurses to send patients out with symptoms of COVID 19 and telling staff to continue to work even if they were symptomatic and/or had a fever. The DON was very belittling to the nurses and CNAs. Management was more worried about a possible positive case than the safety of staff and residents. Also, the nurse to resident ratio was unsafe. One nurse to 24-35 residents at night and often no supervisor on site.
Summary
Working at Life Care Center was a horrible experience. The DON is really rude and works hard at belittling her employees. I was hired as a desk nurse/ charge nurse which was my first time ever working g those roles. I daily and constantly had to ask the DON and hiring personal for a description of my job and job duties. None was ever provided, so everyday I went to work I felt lost and confused as to what should be bring don. The DON called me into her office a told be she was letting me go because of how she personally felt about me. The firing reason had nothing to do with my work performance. I was more than happy to leave that very stressful and unprofessional atmosphere
Just felt like management didnt care enough for the employees. They would ask us to work on our days off every week. We were always short staffed
I have been a CNA for 2yrs. Working with the elderly has been my passion for years. When i became a CNA i devoted myself to my residents and my job. We were always short staffed and that put us in a position that i felt i had to always hurry to keep up. I should never have to hurry with a resident.
The place is in circus and has fallen apart.
The place over the years had so many great people and provided the best care possible for the type of care they gave. But that changed over the years. Company op margins and Greed took over at the expense of the residents they care for and staff they say they hold so dear to their success. It's pathetic really but it starts at the top and filters down.
There are so many better companies to work for in LTC.
Poor management, too much drama
Manager is not hands on at all. No effort is made to help the employees when staffing is short. Manager participates in gossip/drama. Manager will “call you out” in front of your coworkers in meetings, or anywhere in the facility even in front of residents. The manager seems to want an audience when reprimanding someone. Every job that no one wants to do becomes housekeeping’s job even if that job is in violation of our job description.
Keep looking
Not a safe environment, just look at the number of Covid cases in their buildings, that is attributed to bad management and poor training. Poor prevention.

Company cares more about making money than its employees.
Pros
On the clock vs salary
Cons
Poor, poor poor management
Good place to work.
Worked as Activity Director for 5 years. Learned a great deal from position and company. Wanted future position as an Assistant due to the fact I rather be with the residents than on a computer.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Life Care Centers of America. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8
Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.