Life Care Centers of America Employee Reviews

Found 2,109 reviews matching the search See all 2,111 reviews
Stressful
Health Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INFebruary 15, 2019
Very poor management the administrator has her pick in cnas that can do whatever they want come to work when they won’t to the cnas talk to the family members so bad they tell the families what they not going to do for there loves ones the nurses are no better they don’t like to do they job the building is old news update the pay is so low it’s Terrible they will work on a hall all by yourself and don’t care if there is no help there they won’t let you take your vacation because they don’t have no staff so you have to stuffer for them they don’t do your are your evaluation On time you don’t get Your raises on time like you should the don she didn’t give a care about her building or her staff at all they are just glad that they have a body in the building.
Cons
No staff
Social Services Indiana
Social Services (Current Employee) –  IndianaJanuary 8, 2019
The Social Service department is the dumping ground for everything and anything other departments can't or won't deal with. We are also responsible for resident MDS interviews, admission/discharge/quarterly/annual meetings with residents and their family members, discharge planning to include ordering of home health and medical equipment, behavior meetings to monitor the reduction of psychotropic medications, organizing ancillary services, and the endless meetings that take up about 25% of the time or more. The most enjoyable part of the job are my co-workers, the residents and most of the families are terrific too. The least enjoyable part of the job is the lack of support, recognition and respect for what I do as a social worker from the executive director. I have many more years of experience than most of the nurses, I'm well respected and often times relied on by the other departments as well as the medical director and yet I'm compensated drastically less, plus I'm salary, so no overtime, no bonuses and only a 1% annual raise. Absolutely no work/life balance.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
compensation and long days
don't bother unless you enjoy being "used"
LPN (Former Employee) –  Estero, FLOctober 27, 2018
cliquish. Jobs filled, not by experience but by "friends" of management. Management with heads in sand about issues. Staff tries, in most, to work together. All about $$$$$ for facility/corporate. Too many chiefs not enough indians. Too much upper management that could not care less about workers - definite line in sand dividing management and non-management. No loyalty to long time staff.
Pros
Cons
no breaks for most, clock out for lunch and then work thru lunch break, management does not deal with employee issues - sugar coats everything. Raises are a joke
Terrible place to work unless you are part of a click.
CNA (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 18, 2018
This had to be the worst company to work for. The management is all about the bottom line. Upper management doesn't care about employees or residents/patients. The only people that have it east are the click people. The culture is one of negativity and laziness. If you work hard and care about your job you are treated the worst. If you speak your mind you are retaliated against and fired. It is stressful to work there. I would not recommend working there.
Cons
Terrible management
Excellent place to work for!
Unit Manager, LPN (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COJanuary 8, 2019
Spent 16 years working for this company. I felt appreciated and recognized for the hard work I accomplished. Most facilities I worked at had a family type atmosphere about them. The employees cared deeply for our patients and each other. Made many lifelong friends. Management was always willing to back you up, provide encouragement and praise.
Pros
Family atmosphere, caring individuals
Cons
High stress job
Great therapy team
Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLAugust 25, 2018
I worked for Life Care Center of Altamonte Springs for almost 4 years. I enjoyed my time there before the company began to down size and I found myself along with 3 other therapists laid off in May of this year. The therapy team is the best part of this company. When patients returned, it was because of the great therapy they received. However, the culture of this facility requires some fixing. High turnover rate with nursing staff. And the company overall is downsizing due to financial troubles from recent lawsuits. There is no room for advancement as a COTA and reimbursement for CEUs and licensure expenses was discontinued. Management in therapy dept is awesome and the therapists that remain are top notch. As far as management of the facility goes, there needs to be changes.
Pros
Flexible work hours, friendly staff, health insurance
Cons
No job stability, no advancement
Poor working condition
Director of Social Services (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COFebruary 1, 2019
Expected to work outside the scope of your job for extended periods of time without compensation, was told I would get a pay raise and never did. Expected to work multiple roles. Not appreciated by management. Working outside the scope of your job. Short Staffed. Pay not equal to level of work placed in the company.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Managements, stress, working conditions
Poor Corporation Management does not care
Physical therapist assistant (Former Employee) –  Punta Gorda, FLNovember 11, 2018
Longevity does not account for anything. They try to eliminate long-term employees to be replaced by new graduates that are cheaper.
Director of rehab currently does not know how to do her job, very disorganized, and she does not stand up for her employees . Our caseload went down and our staff was gradually let go from 27 to 8. Quality of care has gone down. We used to be an Outpatient Center hardly have any outpatient clientele. Director of nursing does not care about her patients or loyal employees ,only about the nature of the business. The business is unstable they just fired the executive director.
Pros
Floor staff is like family they're wonderful.
Cons
Management is not Hands-On just critical
I enjoyed working here
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kona, HISeptember 12, 2018
I enjoyed working at Life Care. I had a flexible schedule, support from my boss, and friendly co-workers. The pay was fair and benefits were pretty good also. The job culture is a little "out-dated" but I think it's improving. There were times where staff, patients and sometimes management did not have the best attitudes, but overall it was a good place to work if you can handle challenges.
Pros
Free lunches (at times), flexible schedule (for some roles), decent benefits
Cons
culture can improve (which I think it is)
Productivity is the most important thing when working for this company.
COTA/L (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 5, 2018
Lifecare culture has declined over the past 5 years. Working a Life Care used to be fun. Due to productivity standards, therapists are not able to treat patients as people vs. patients as there is no time to get to know patients on a personal level and build trust. Management, most of whom have worked actively as staff therapists for Life Care and were unable to achieve productivity expectations, have yet to be able to provide solutions to current staff therapists re: how to achieve and maintain the company's productivity standards.
Pros
Very knowledgeable therapy teams
Cons
No time for fun at work
Disorganized, Very Poor Training, Unprofessional Management
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Punta Gorda, FLNovember 30, 2018
Resident family member complaints galore. Call lights are on forever, residents do not receive the care they deserve on a timely basis. High turnover, can keep the bad staff, but can't keep the good ones. Two great doctors to work with, but nursing staff totally unappreciated by Nursing Management, treated like minions. Necessary communication to build productive caring teamwork is non existent. Administrator recently fired. Residents are great! Doctors are caring and extremely qualified and respectful to the staff. The facility has generally gone downhill, management lacks leadership skills, communication skills, Pitiful non existent raises. They are constantly running short staffed, can't keep nurses or aides, incompetent managers who lack the necessary qualifications is a real drain on the business model here. Instead of head of nursing department being engaged with lifting their nursing department up to a fine tuned machine, the result of incompetency results in poor morale and poor patient outcomes. This could be a great place if it is ever managed properly.
Pros
you can stay on the clock and do nothing for hours and hours
Cons
Management sets a very low standard for themselves, and constantly patting each other on the back to congratulate each other for doing a superior job.
Not bad but not great -Average
Director of Activities (Current Employee) –  Valparaiso, INOctober 16, 2018
overall okay place to work....can become overwhelming with the types of resident in the facility. upper management continuosly adds more work onto managers and increases there expectations. Pay is o n the low end an no one gets yearly raises.
Pros
love my residents and small family like feel
Cons
never enough staff and pay is low
Liars
Housekeeper/Laundry (Current Employee) –  Louisville, TNJanuary 27, 2019
To put it quite simply beware there liars I found out the hard way. They just tell you things to get you there. Typical day stressful I have learned there liars management liars culture liars hardest part the whole company there is no enjoyment what so ever........ I feel for anyone unless for there favorites, who work there if your hard working honest people person caring for others be on your guard.
Great work environment
Occupational Therapist ADOR (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZSeptember 10, 2018
A typical day would include patient care, evaluations and paperwork, and management duties. I've learned the financial aspects of rehab, ARD dates, and RUGs, and the importance oh how those effect the daily operations in a therapy dept. I've learned the use of ACP modality equipment and Barthel scoring. The environment is comfortable, friendly, a great place to work. The hardest part of the job is rearranging the schedule when an employee is unable to work. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know the patients and figuring out a way for them to be independent.
Pros
Can manage my own time
Cons
The vacation benefits and lack of matching in a 401K
A Hostile environment
*prefer not to say* (Former Employee) –  WAFebruary 21, 2019
Horrible management! A very hostile environment. Very Clique-ish.
I was not supported in the job I was trying to learn. Lot's of criticism and very little encouragement. It was like a joke to them. They set me up to fail by leaving out very important aspects of my job that I should know.
Pay was ok & they had a 401k. Unfortunately it wasn't enough to keep me there.
Pros
flexible hours; good pay
Cons
management & training
Love the job....but paperwork is out of control
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNAugust 23, 2018
Great management staff, co-workers, CNA's, and support staff. Loved the residents and mission. Work load placed on LPN's okay except paperwork is over bearing. Admissions for new patients takes about 1.5 to 2 hour without interruption which is impossible. Cannot be properly prepared during regular shift without sacrificing hands on nursing care. Nursing phone orders, patient discharges, proper processing of daily paperwork and completing various required forms is out of control and needs streamlining.
Pros
No shortage of work hours, decent pay and benefits
Cons
Unyielding amount of paperwork, high turn over of nurses and CNA's, and must fill in for CNA's partial or full shifts nearly every week
favoritism, stressful, high school like environment.
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Riverview, MISeptember 6, 2018
poor communication, expectations not made clear. if there is an issue, the whole building knows about it before you do. after a corrective action, management walks around the floor making cheap jabs towards you, or makes you the subject of a joke. if you are friends with management, any mistake you make will be dusted under the rug. new employees, or people who dont grab drinks after work with management terminated, or disciplined for the littlest things. scheduler holds the power. she is the person to interview. asking questions such as your availability, and shift preferences. never once asks nursing based questions. even if you don't have time to take a lunch, you are expected to clock out and come back to the floor to work through your break. long term employees allowed to bully staff with no consequences. honestly, nothing would be worth the stress you hold when working here. would only recommend as a very last resort.
Pros
better than some heath benefits.
Cons
no breaks, bullying, poor management, technologically behind, cliquey
Good Place to work
Former member (Current Employee) –  Lagrange, INOctober 2, 2018
Overall, Life Care Center is a good company to work for. The management has had some turnover in the executive director position and director of nursing position. Sometimes they are short staffed and call often for shift covering. Makes it difficult for a work life balance when you are getting frequent calls and texts. High turn over except for some department heads who have been there for years. Difficult to keep consistency with executive directors changing all the time.
Management beliefs will kill this company
Staff Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 23, 2018
This company cares more for making money than caring for patients. High nursing staff turn over rates because they received little support and were over worked. Kitchen staff cared little for following meal requests or diet restrictions. Therapy team was awesome but overworked and pressured to give subpar care for the sake of productivity. Company shows little respect for its employees eliminating 401k matching contributions, raises, and even eliminating the Christmas party and bonus. Building was rarely full of patients in the last 2 years meaning full time staff were called off and not provided with full time work. Employees awarded by the company for customer service and going above and beyond to help other departments were then laid off for being "unproductive." I was laid off with little warning after 11 years, 1 month after returning to work from maternity leave.
Pros
Majority of coworkers tried to help the patients, therapy team was great, great rehab director
Cons
Upper management cut throat, money hungry, little staff appreciation, decreased benefits
Whatever it takes and then some
Case Management (Current Employee) –  FloridaAugust 30, 2018
Great place to work with great team and great management. Fast paced and can be stressful at times but great support and mentoring from team is always available. Clean facility and 5 star rating.
Pros
Awesome team, great benefits.
Cons
Ocassionally long hours required

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Life Care Centers of America. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight