Life Care Centers of America

Found 3,158 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,162 reviews

Best co workers

Featured review

Life Care Centers of America selected this as a representative review
I have been with Life care now for almost 10 years in different towns and states and centers and have enjoyed working for the company and the teamwork is great and there is always laughter with great work ethics.

Pros

clean, enough equipment, great staff, great patient care

Cons

Wish there was a center in Tampa FL

good staff

good staff but managment is weak but the pay is good but there is not room to grow for someone who wants a higher acuity of patients. overall fine place to work

Life Care Centers of America insights

Based on 1,855 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

CNA expectations

The truth is that I was only a cna aide but I did notice that they expected too much from the CNA's or RN's knowing that they where under staff and with a lot of residents.

Pros

Good work environment

Cons

Understaffed

Best place to work!!

Healthcare facility is my ideal place to work. I love working in a facility where I feel connected. I love getting to know the residents and making them feel like at home,Residents are always my top priority! I am there for the residents.You have to love what you do in order to enjoy your job duty and you have to expect that some days are challenging. Good values and positive energy is the key to have a good day at work. Remember it doesn't cost to be kind.

June 20, 2022
Thank you for your kind words. We really appreciate you taking time to share your experience with us.

I have worked for this company for over 30 years. I love working with the elderly and my co-workers are great. I started out as an STNA and went on to get my LPN license.

June 20, 2022
Thank you for sharing! Life Care Center of Elyria has an amazing group of associates, and we all take pride in our work.

Terrible management, can't keep staff

Management treats you like dirt and corporate never fixes anything, they make it worse. The door is revolving staff wise and they never get rid of the problem people.

June 20, 2022
Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear you had a frustrating experience, and we appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention.

Okay workplace

Fast pace environment. Friendly co-workers, eager to help each other when an issue arises. We work hand in hand in a professional environment. I have learned a lot of valuable information pertaining to this industry. The most enjoyable part of this job is during the Holidays. Management provides a family environment for employees to include their family on a great catered lunch each year. The management encourages a team environment. All employees work together and support each other when needed. A safety conscious environment. Employees looking out for each other during different work tasks. A good environment in every since.

June 20, 2022

It is like a night in the ER without the help or equipment

Insane patient to staff ratios and often out of supplies ,even simple things like soap or gloves. You get a large number of patients with high acuity . And admissions after admissions without the staff to assist with the paperwork !!

Pros

Alot of overtime and run til you drop

Cons

No breaks, overwhelmed and stressed

June 20, 2022
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that you were not completely satisfied with your experience. We will use this information to explore potential ways of improving our processes.

Okay job

It was alright. I liked it but it got crazy toward the end. But after getting to know the staff it made me want to stay. Went through 3 DONs in my 3 months there.

June 15, 2022

Fun, good coworkers

Friendly coworkers. Was a great place to work I wish I was not in a contact and I was with then permanently I learned a lot And I taught a lot but they only allow med technology not just phlebotomists I wish they would hire phlebotomists I would love to go back

June 15, 2022

Feel appreciated

Gray is a Great place to work; I feel appreciated in the job that I do. Staff from all departments get along and strive to achieve what is in the best interest of the patient.

June 9, 2022
Thank you for sharing! Life Care Center of Gray has an amazing group of associates, and we all take pride in our work.

Don’t do it!

Don’t work there if you care about people. It’s the worst company to work for. They will treat you like nothing and low pay empty promise. Don’t WORK FOR THEM

June 6, 2022
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry your experience did not match your expectations. We appreciate opportunities to grow.

A great place to work. Take more time to invest in staff development.

Management is excellent especially when staff need help. Management is there to jump in and will always ask for any help before leaving the facility. It is encouraging to hear that and I think it was a good habit.

June 6, 2022

Horrible

Rude staff. They never help you. Favoritism. Order you around to do things. Intimidate you. Threatens you to do what they say. They don't care about the staff there.

I worked with a great team

The only reason why I left is that I moved out of the area and there was not a life care to transfer too. I like the company and there policies. I really wish there was one I could have transferred too:

Pros

Great company and benefits

June 3, 2022
Thank you for sharing! Life Care Center of Coeur d'Alene has an amazing group of associates, and we all take pride in our work.

My CNA and nurse coworkers were great

Over run and underpaid. They pay more than any other facility, but you can expect to have about 10-13 residents to yourself on any given day. Oh! And if you have always wanted to work in the covid unit, and help other residents not in the unit you can do both in a shift! Not to mention if you get sick, they won't send you home if youre negative for covid. And after you miss 2 shifts of work for being sick you have to get a doctors note, doesn't matter if you feel better, or if you need to go to urgent care to get one (policy says it's needed after 3 days of calling out from being sick)..... just dont

June 3, 2022

Not today life care..not today

You will be over worked. Management will never help you. More patients than any cna can handle.but hey management sometimes buys us doughnuts and coffee and tells us how much they appreciate us..while giving us no raises.but at least we have coffee

May 31, 2022
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We apologize for your recent experience. Please contact us at (775) 851-0123 so that we may address any of your concerns.

Supportive leadership, advancement opportunities, training and teaching oppurtunities

Supportive leadership, advancement opportunities, mentorship, leadership always willing to provide department needs, pay and work life balance can be better, benefits can be better, positive culture, wonderful colleagues.0

May 31, 2022

Good to keep busy, but gossip needs to go.

You can always find something to do.But the gossip is like grade school. They tend to hire about anyone who wants a job and can pass a drug test. If you know what you want, this place maybe it.

Pros

Free snacks

Cons

No benefits for part time

Awful experience

I loved the residence but the workers neglected the residence and there was some harassment issues that no upper management took care of. I wouldn’t recommend this place for employment or for a person to work at.

Pros

The residents

Cons

Harassment’s, neglecting residents

May 31, 2022
Thank you for writing a review. We sincerely appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention.

Under staffed

When I worked here we were really understaffed and often given too many patients which made it hard to give proper care to each. I started pre-covid and minimum wage and tried asking for a raise after a period of time and got pushed to the side. It wasn’t till I finally quit that they offered to raise my pay. When I found out new hires were getting paid much more than I was. The plus was they did work with my school schedule.

May 24, 2022

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Life Care Centers of America. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

75%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

25%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss