Life Care Centers of America Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,925 reviews matching the search See all 1,926 reviews
Not a bad place but head management likes to micro manage
Admin (Former Employee) –  Rensselaer, INAugust 18, 2018
It isn't a horrible place to work but the ED likes to micro manage every department and not do her own job. Then gets mad at employees for not doing their job. Likes to talk down to employees and make them feel like they don't matter or tells them that their opinion doesn't matter. Not allowed to have fun even when you are getting your job done. Expects way to much out of one employee, likes to throw more and more onto employees and then gets upset when they don't get their job completed on time. Very, very poor head management in this facility. ED also likes to push residents to do more than they can handle.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Head management, to much for one person, favorites, pushy on residents
Fast Pace Competitive
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAAugust 16, 2018
This is a very stressful, fast pace 24-7 running facility. As instructed by my interim marketing liaison I was on call 24-7 for incoming referrals. As far as the staff in general everybody I worked with were amazing, dedicated, compassionate people, from the medical director down to our volunteers. Took have worked in this facility for such a short time I consider myself humbled and privileged seeing how well the patients and families were taken care of.
Pros
Ability to help people
Friendly staff and managment
Health Information Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 15, 2018
Weekend receptionist was a relaxed environment. Then promoted to Health Assistant, fast pasted and can be stressful at time. My manager and assistant manager was wonderful to work for.
Fast paced, a lot of lifting, a lot of employee recognition, and a great learning experience.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kennewick,WAAugust 15, 2018
Very organized facility, creates a home like at atmosphere, great team work. Management is out going and supportive. A lot of lifting is the most difficult part of the job. Enjoyed the structured routine of the job and learned a lot from their amazing wound care nurses.
Pros
Eight hour shift
Cons
Under paid
I remember that
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Punta Gorda, FLAugust 14, 2018
Patient care is very important you need to properly ensure that all of your patients are well taken care of need be medication bathing clothing feeding regular bathroom routines. It's very gratifying when you takes care of someone and they are grateful for you and it's very upsetting when you do your best for someone and they are very mean
Pros
It's very gratifying when you take care of people that are grateful to you
Cons
The cons of the job is working for people that do not value you
A professional, lerning experience.
Extern trained PCT(Patient Care Technician.) (Current Employee) –  Lauderhill, FLAugust 14, 2018
High level of professionalism and cleanliness displayed. The Administration and Professional staff were helpful and cooperative in spite of their hectic work-load.
Amazing work environment
CNA (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYAugust 12, 2018
I loved my job and the work environment. My co workers were amazing and the staff was well managed. They took pride in their residents and had a clean work environment.
Pros
amazing work place
Cons
Friendly co- workers, patient and family. Organized schedule patient
PRN (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLAugust 12, 2018
Life Care Centers in America is good rehabilitation skilled services company good to grow as Physical Therapist how was wish they will hire much more Full Time Physical Therapist than PTA
Pros
Organized as to scheduling patients
Cons
High productivity and paperwork cant be finished by point of service
Each Life Care Center Facility is different. Recent changing climate may be for the Better, but beware, managers can vary.
COTA/L (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 11, 2018
I can say a typical day at the Life Care Facility where I was employed, really depended on the various rehab managers and administrators that were employed during my time there. Some were absolutely Great. They were positive, empowering, approachable, helpful and kind. However, there were also some that were extremely critical, difficult and unfortunately, intimidating. It made a difference who was in charge. Overall, however, I feel I have learned a great deal and am Thankful for my many years experience with the Life Care Center Facility.
Pros
Benefits, Co-workers
Cons
Some Difficult Rehab Managers/Administrators
charge nurse
LPN-charge nurse (Current Employee) –  Greeneville, TNAugust 11, 2018
so many improvements need to be made!!!! no consistency, an upper management will never back one of their employees! pay raises do not happen very often and chances for advancement only apply to certain employees.
Fun place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLAugust 10, 2018
clean place, friendly people and the residents are very loving
The hardest part is working with few co workers while lots of residents to take care. Most enjoyable part was meeting and gaining friends who are willing to help you anytime you need help.
Pros
free lunch sometimes
Cons
few workers
Very stressful work
Housekeeping/Laundry (Current Employee) –  Rochester, INAugust 10, 2018
This place is an extremely stressful place to work and very cut throat. Hardly any team work. Call lights go unanswered for long periods of time, not enough caring individuals.
Pros
Not many
Cons
No advancement.
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Orange Park, FLAugust 9, 2018
Great therapists. Family-like atmosphere in the Rehab Department. Busy department with multiple admissions and discharges daily. Overall clean facility.
Very unprofessional environment for kitchen.
called a cook but actually not (Former Employee) –  Plymouth ma.August 8, 2018
The kitchen is basically ran by nobody, the one guy "culinary director" has no food skills at all and cannot make even the simplest food items. If staff calls out he is not willing to fill the part and will take his personal life precedence over any work related matters.
The kitchen management is a change by day by week attitude. one day its "do it this way" the next its" why are you doing it like that" as of july 2018 many long time employees have left because of this one useless kitchen managed that believes hes entitled to be called a culinary director. the rest of the kitchen is run by teenagers and staff that doesn't care if they get fired or not. They want everything done on an exact time scheduled such as leaving work at a certain time and having all tasks completed but does not realize real kitchens there are many variables that make this impossible sometimes. Staff leaves whenever they feel their shift is over and does not ask for permission or if other help is needed. The Kitchen director is extremely manipulative and will do whatever it takes to turn the problem around on you. Very little help or teamwork is offered here and unless you bring your own knowledge there is no kitchen skills t be learned or developed there. There is no room for advancement and the wages offered are very low. I cannot speak for the healthcare but as for the kitchen part you defiantly want to stay away. In just 6 short months i have seen 12 staff members come and go and i am soon to be one of them. The kitchen practices no regular common kitchen practices like protective equipment, cut
  more... gloves, safety shoes, proper uniform.. The kitchen is very disgusting and appears to not have been thoroughly cleaned since it was first opened many years ago. You are encouraged to do a sloppy quick clean get out style type of end shift so nobody accidentally hits overtime. If your a "cook" they act as if your a supervisor but in any other kitchen your just a prep cook or dishwasher. if you are a dietary aid you are used when needed to feed the line then thrown back into cleaning and paid at a minimum wage. There are almost no adults in the kitchen and the cleanliness of the cookware and food is sub standard and i feel very sadly for the elderly people who have to eat the food remembering it could be there last meal. Please stay away from this nightmare of a so called kitchen.  less
Pros
Cons
way to many to list, just stay away. bring your elderly elsewhere please
Very professional work enviroment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Antioch, TNAugust 8, 2018
Everyone at LCCA had a very professional attitude, all of the staff.
the management did what they could to accommodate our work environment for success. Employee rewards, gifts for special days,
you really felt like you meant something to the company
Pros
awards
Cons
too many weekends
Productive and diversified palace to work for.
Life Care Center (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLAugust 8, 2018
A beautiful and clean facility. Patients for most part happy with care provided. Overall great team to work with. The staff helped each other to provide a great experience for the patient.
Pros
Wonderful employee events throughout the year.
Cons
At the time no room for advancement.
Most of the nurses and management staff were great to work with
LPN (Former Employee) –  Estero, FLAugust 7, 2018
Most of the nurses and CNA's were great to work with. As with any organization, some people get along and others do not. We learned to work together for the clients we cared for.
Pros
Regular shift schedules
Cons
Staff showing up late for their shift
Great place
CNA/HHA (Former Employee) –  Rochester inAugust 5, 2018
The new management is great. The DON is wonderful. They are short staffed but over all it is a nice place to work. For the most part everyone helps each other. The scheduler helps out a lot. She works with your home Life and always helps out on the floor when needed. You can go to her for any help you need. Payroll is sometimes difficult and messes things up with your insurance but over all it’s a good play to work and the pay is great.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Need more staff
work at life care
Floor Technician (Current Employee) –  Estero, FLAugust 4, 2018
i learned how to do floors waxing and buffing
kitchen duties was tray line dishes an cleaning of the kitchens
i learn how to take care of the older people as must as i can do with out a rn or lpn
A warm and wonderful place to work.
Lead Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Parker, CO 80134August 4, 2018
The management were lovely people, very dedicated to making the Life Care Center of Stonegate a wonderful place for residents to live, or patients to receive skilled nursing/rehab. The families of the permanent residents as well as the residents were a joy. Every day I felt good about my role. I felt just my smile could brighten someone's day. Speaking to a resident who might feel lonely or lost made me feel I had something to contribute. It was a feel good job. Unfortunately, we moved from Colorado to California. I am praying that I can work for the Life Care Center of Menifee, which is close to where we relocated.
Pros
The staff, residents, and family members.
Cons
None, actually.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Life Care Centers of America. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight