Life Care Centers of America Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,784 reviews matching the search See all 1,785 reviews
I loved it here!
CNA/Restorative Aide (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, MOMay 21, 2018
It was a wonderful place to work with an amazing staff that truly cared for our residents. They offer bonuses for going above and beyond for their residents. They took care of my mom, and still take care of my dad.
Enjoyed working with the staff and was treated well while there.
RESIDENT CASE MANAGER (RN) (Former Employee) –  Burien, WAMay 21, 2018
I started out as a floor nurse, providing medical treatments for the residents and then was moved to the medicare wing where I did the assessments and documentations. The hardest part of the position was try to keep up with the documentation of the F-tags.
Pros
hands on nursing
Cons
F-tags documentations
Small gangs ran the place not management
Laundry Aide (Former Employee) –  Hilton Head Island, SCMay 19, 2018
All days were rough poor a/c laundryroom was hot at all times. Clicks were allowed to do as they pleased.every day staff would leave to go play the lotto or go to wal mart on the clock an manager did nothing.
Pros
Cons
Paid for lunch, staff left job to shop on the clock an management knew.
Management is very bad.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Kailua-Kona, HIMay 18, 2018
Poorly managed power structure. Do not care about employees and try to mask it with facility prepared lunches occasionally while employees aren't paid enough to buy their own family food. They treat all patients the same, give them no individual treatment. Very institutional facility, they were convicted of Medicare/Medicaid Fraud yet are still allowed to operate. How do you cheat the government of over 300 million dollars and still be allowed to operate?
No hard feelings
Director of Social Services (Former Employee) –  Plainwell, MIMay 18, 2018
I struggled with working with this company as was overwhelmed with work responsibilities and when would talk to supervisor about needing assistance by another human being with job completion her solution was to send me to more trainings (despite knowing how to do job) or add more responsibilities to me. I burned out quickly as worked 12 hour plus days to get all assignments completed and had no time to spend with my family.
Pros
being able to be part of other's lives when they had no one else
Its an ok place to work
Certified Nurse Aide (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COMay 16, 2018
This would be a great place to work in they were properly staffed with CNA's. There is not enough of us so it makes the work hard. Staff is welcoming and friendly.
Pros
Free meal a day from the kitchen
Cons
Don't always get a lunch break
student
student (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLMay 16, 2018
I learned a lot while interning at this particular facility. Staff was very supportive of my learning and was always willing to help whenever i had questions.
Very structured environment
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNMay 16, 2018
Promoting based on Who you know..not your work record or experience.
Has good insurance but pay is not good.
A lot of nepotism & favoritism with hiring process.
Pros
Good insurance & vacation days
Cons
Low pay
wow
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greeneville, TNMay 15, 2018
This place is stressful. short staffed and management can be horrible. A typical work day is running around trying to do the best you can do for the residents
Positive
Physical Therapy Assistant Internship (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLMay 15, 2018
Great facility, staff is friendly and caring. I learned a lot when I was there. Everyone there is willing to help out if they are needed. Population is both short term and long term, geriatric, orthopedic, neurological, cardiac, and alzheimers.
Life are was enjoyable place to work
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLMay 12, 2018
You go in and make your rounds make sure the patients are doing well. Get them settled down assist them to the bathroom
,assist with feeding, assist with showering and etc. I’ve learned how to be of more helped to those who couldn’t helped themselves. You have different cultured people who are pt. And working their.The hardest part of the job is watching someone passes away.most enjoyable part of the job is helping someone.
Great residents and staff mostly
Laundry and Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAMay 11, 2018
Love the residents
Everyone gets along for the most part
The boss I had was a family friend and great
it's an easy job to do
you can always change to a different position if available
Pros
residents and staff mostly
Cons
hours
its fine
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 10, 2018
I worked noc shift, so I barely see or experienced working with more people here, my focused is with my patients as I worked inside the lock unit. nurses are cooperative and nice too
Pros
neutral
Cons
neutral
Poor
Housekeeping Lead (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 9, 2018
Life care center. Was stressfull work. Not eve work hours. Was very sad place to work for /it was sad for the guest that live there . Not enough hours. Pay was not great at all.
Pros
The people that live there
Cons
Co-workers
Great place
Health Information Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  Red Bank, TNMay 7, 2018
Great place to work. The nursing staff, physical therapy team, upper management all admire and graciously appreciate the service that the whole building pulls together daily.
Pros
Great Place
loved it
Student Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 2, 2018
I love Life Care and the people working there. I wish I wasn't a student as my time there was short lived. The staff were amazing, and the patients were made it better, especially if you have a heart with working with geriatrics.
Advancements in your career is encouraged
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 1, 2018
Life care center has encouraged growth in all employees. They educate and train as well as certify all employees . They make there patients feel like family.
work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMMay 1, 2018
Was a fun place to work, learn and meet new people. I learn to care for residents. Hardest part was working nights, trying to stay awake. the most enjoyable was being with the residents and getting to know them. We become family at the end of the day.
Pros
breaks, free lunch
Cons
short lunch breaks
okay job but wanted better
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 30, 2018
okay overall lived my residents days some days were harder then others overall some workers help each other the hours are great just some management aren't so freat
A decent place tobwork
Assistant Director of Rehabilitation Services (Current Employee) –  Sedro-Woolley, WAApril 29, 2018
Fast paced rehab setting. Challenging but can be rewarding. Good sized building, corporate can be a bit overbearing at times. But thats the same everywhere.
Pros
Close to home, good benefits, good coworkers.
Cons
Challenging environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Life Care Centers of America. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss