Life Care Centers of America Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,878 reviews matching the search See all 1,879 reviews
Loved my residents, and co-worker
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Crossville, TNJuly 16, 2018
Residents and co workers made this an excellent place to work. I was only PRN and always worked full time. Pay rate was good, advancement possibilities are great!!!
job
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Acton, MAJuly 16, 2018
i loved working with this company, i had to leave because of school but it was an amazing experince, i met so many good people there and also had an amazing manager
Overall fair
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 14, 2018
Overall fairness to staff not all the time ur anomintyw is valued when you go to management about an issue . You take the risk of management telling the subordinates what you said.
Pros
No backing from management
Cons
Short distance
Great company
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WY 82009July 13, 2018
Its a great company to work for. great atmosphere and care for the elderly. good benefits and very understanding of daily life situations. Also good rehire programs
Great care
Marketing and Outreach Director (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INJuly 12, 2018
Nursing, PA, etc. are excellent. They give great care! It's a really tough job and they do it with grace and patience.

National company leaders are slow to update buildings and even with renovation they look stuck in the 80's.
Pros
Great care
Cons
Buildings need updating and corporate is stuck in the 80's
Good job security
Employee (Current Employee) –  Farmington, NMJuly 11, 2018
Days are stressful, residents are great, great job security, and sometimes there are advancement opportunities. I have learned more about dementia patients and understand the process more. The hardest part of the job is when you get close to your residents and they pass away. Many of the residents have spunk and conversing with them makes work go by.
Pros
Lunches are cheap and taken out of checks
Cons
short lunches.
I would go back
Social Services Director Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 10, 2018
I loved the work I did at Life Care. Life Care has excellent training & programs to teach you about the industry. Life Care is a large company & with that, they have the most simple processes of ANY Skilled Nursing. I was unlucky in having a terrible Executive Director, although they were terminated after I left. I felt heard & valued for my opinions & work ethic by regional management. I truly enjoyed my time there & I would go back.
Pros
easy processes, awesome staff, clear gudelines, great pay
Cons
short breaks, company sponsored parties had no budget
A great work environment
CNA (Current Employee) –  Antioch, TNJuly 10, 2018
Life Cares was a very good job enjoyed the atmosphere and my co-workers. Work was very rewarding on multiple levels. I could tell a lot of family members we're pleased with the quality care very qualified nurses and the Don (Director of Nursing) was hands on and cared about her staff. I would highly recommend Life Care Centers for a job and for rehabilitation. The rehabilitation staff was incredible Very professional hands on they cared about the full recovery of the patients transitioning back in daily life. The food services was awesome always hot and on time for the patients and it was special that the staff received a free meal, Goes to show the company really cares about the overall dignity of the patients and staff. I would work there again if given the opportunity met some incredible, Hard working individuals who we're professional always kept the residents smiling and taken care of. The landscaping was beautiful grounds always in the best care, The valet services accommodating when welcoming for new patients. Excellent training and orientation for new hires, The rehabilitation/gym was always clean and never overcrowded. When you take care of your staff the staff will take care of everything else its hard to find quality facilities but Care Right in my opinion is at the top of the best of the best in the country .
Pros
Free lunch, Taking breaks
Cons
Not enough communication
Good Nursing Home to work for in the Columbia area.
Assistant Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, TNJuly 9, 2018
My typical workday would include reviewing accounts, accepting and posting payments, assisting families with Medicaid approval. I would usually have 1-3 meetings daily with family members helping them apply for Medicaid and answering any questions they had regarding Medicaid. I also relieved the Receptionist for her lunch hour and verified insurance upon admittance of new residents. In the mornings after reviewing accounts I would bill claims and do any necessary follow-up with the insurance companies.

It was a very friendly atmosphere to work in with many wonderful co-workers and residents.
Cons
Life Care quit donating to our 401 k plan several years ago.
Good place to put i n practice nursing skills
LPN (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 9, 2018
A good work environment, management very understanding when u have family emergency, great benefits, especially medical benefits. Flexible to change your schedule if opportunity arise.
Enjoyable coworkers
Payroll Coordinator/HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elizabethton, TNJuly 9, 2018
I was thrown into a position with no prior experience in 2013. I was allowed to go to a seminar to learn about the new position. Other than that I learned as I went.
Pros
Excellent corporate support
Cons
low pay for new hires, 1% pay increase for all employees at annual evaluations
Great company for which to work
Executive Director (Facility Administrator) (Current Employee) –  IndianaJuly 9, 2018
Absolutely love Life Care Centers of America!! The mission really drives the company day-in and day-out. Leadership is committed to ensuring their associates succeed! My Executive Director was great and really helped me succeed.
Pros
Leadership
Had there Picks.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sparta, TNJuly 8, 2018
I liked life care but needed to work less weekends. I ask for Saturdays off so I could go to church on Sundays. I got every Saturday off but worked every Friday night and Sunday night. I got where I could not focus and function at church and church is very important to me.
Pros
Very clean place to work atl
Cons
I was to tired to function
MDS/Care Plan Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 7, 2018
Good place to work, but sometimes short staffed. Management is good. DON is amazing always involved in day to day work situations on the floor. Compensation needed to be increased for RN's
Productive pleasant atmosphere .
Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 5, 2018
A typical day at life care was very fast paced. I learned patient care on many levels,management was very helpful with problem solving its was a very diverse culture setting the hardest part of the job was sun downing the most enjoyable time was the charity events during the holidays
Pros
Pleasent
Cons
Pay rate
Good company to work for
PRN Registered Dietitian (Current Employee) –  Evergreen, COJuly 5, 2018
Life Care provides a family atmosphere that really cares for their residents. Provides ongoing training opportunities to associates. Provides promotion opportunities for those interested.
Fast paced and Challenging
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bountiful, UTJuly 2, 2018
This was a great learning experience for me i learned great time management and teamwork to complete very difficult days. They are constantly low staffed and just need a better management team that can inforce some discipline in more important areas.
productive work place
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Orange Park, FLJuly 1, 2018
it is a job that i will not forget it has taught me a lot about customer care and that real important to them and every company that I have worked for.I learned a lot from them My most productive was when I started working with rehab the hardest was working with resident who were heavy the most fun when a resident told my CEO that I was the reason why she came back.Knowing that I did a great job
Pros
overtime
Cons
overtime
Changed over the last couple of years
LPTA (Former Employee) –  MissouriJune 29, 2018
When I started working there, the emphasis was on resident care and employee retainment. Before I left it's all about the bottom line, less about residents and getting rid of the employees that have worked there long enough to have the most benefits.
Cons
Negative management
Long shift filled with duties
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hixson, TNJune 28, 2018
Shift start with report from off going nurses checking each patient .Assignment for tech made then I start passing medication which included crushing pills and putting in applesauce for patient on soft diets also crushing pills one at a time and placing in water to admin thru Peg ,DHT or NGT and flushing with water after each pill .Dressing changes , foley or straight cath insertion . Chart and check for doctors orders .
Pros
Ice Cream cones served at end of shift
Cons
30 minute lunch break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Life Care Centers of America. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss