Life Care Centers of America Employee Reviews

Found 2,050 reviews matching the search See all 2,052 reviews
Great therapy team
Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLAugust 25, 2018
I worked for Life Care Center of Altamonte Springs for almost 4 years. I enjoyed my time there before the company began to down size and I found myself along with 3 other therapists laid off in May of this year. The therapy team is the best part of this company. When patients returned, it was because of the great therapy they received. However, the culture of this facility requires some fixing. High turnover rate with nursing staff. And the company overall is downsizing due to financial troubles from recent lawsuits. There is no room for advancement as a COTA and reimbursement for CEUs and licensure expenses was discontinued. Management in therapy dept is awesome and the therapists that remain are top notch. As far as management of the facility goes, there needs to be changes.
Pros
Flexible work hours, friendly staff, health insurance
Cons
No job stability, no advancement
Terrible place to work unless you are part of a click.
CNA (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 18, 2018
This had to be the worst company to work for. The management is all about the bottom line. Upper management doesn't care about employees or residents/patients. The only people that have it east are the click people. The culture is one of negativity and laziness. If you work hard and care about your job you are treated the worst. If you speak your mind you are retaliated against and fired. It is stressful to work there. I would not recommend working there.
Cons
Terrible management
don't bother unless you enjoy being "used"
LPN (Former Employee) –  Estero, FLOctober 27, 2018
cliquish. Jobs filled, not by experience but by "friends" of management. Management with heads in sand about issues. Staff tries, in most, to work together. All about $$$$$ for facility/corporate. Too many chiefs not enough indians. Too much upper management that could not care less about workers - definite line in sand dividing management and non-management. No loyalty to long time staff.
Pros
Cons
no breaks for most, clock out for lunch and then work thru lunch break, management does not deal with employee issues - sugar coats everything. Raises are a joke
I enjoyed working here
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kona, HISeptember 12, 2018
I enjoyed working at Life Care. I had a flexible schedule, support from my boss, and friendly co-workers. The pay was fair and benefits were pretty good also. The job culture is a little "out-dated" but I think it's improving. There were times where staff, patients and sometimes management did not have the best attitudes, but overall it was a good place to work if you can handle challenges.
Pros
Free lunches (at times), flexible schedule (for some roles), decent benefits
Cons
culture can improve (which I think it is)
Poor Corporation Management does not care
Physical therapist assistant (Former Employee) –  Punta Gorda, FLNovember 11, 2018
Longevity does not account for anything. They try to eliminate long-term employees to be replaced by new graduates that are cheaper.
Director of rehab currently does not know how to do her job, very disorganized, and she does not stand up for her employees . Our caseload went down and our staff was gradually let go from 27 to 8. Quality of care has gone down. We used to be an Outpatient Center hardly have any outpatient clientele. Director of nursing does not care about her patients or loyal employees ,only about the nature of the business. The business is unstable they just fired the executive director.
Pros
Floor staff is like family they're wonderful.
Cons
Management is not Hands-On just critical
Productivity is the most important thing when working for this company.
COTA/L (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 5, 2018
Lifecare culture has declined over the past 5 years. Working a Life Care used to be fun. Due to productivity standards, therapists are not able to treat patients as people vs. patients as there is no time to get to know patients on a personal level and build trust. Management, most of whom have worked actively as staff therapists for Life Care and were unable to achieve productivity expectations, have yet to be able to provide solutions to current staff therapists re: how to achieve and maintain the company's productivity standards.
Pros
Very knowledgeable therapy teams
Cons
No time for fun at work
Great work environment
Occupational Therapist ADOR (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZSeptember 10, 2018
A typical day would include patient care, evaluations and paperwork, and management duties. I've learned the financial aspects of rehab, ARD dates, and RUGs, and the importance oh how those effect the daily operations in a therapy dept. I've learned the use of ACP modality equipment and Barthel scoring. The environment is comfortable, friendly, a great place to work. The hardest part of the job is rearranging the schedule when an employee is unable to work. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know the patients and figuring out a way for them to be independent.
Pros
Can manage my own time
Cons
The vacation benefits and lack of matching in a 401K
Not bad but not great -Average
Director of Activities (Current Employee) –  Valparaiso, INOctober 16, 2018
overall okay place to work....can become overwhelming with the types of resident in the facility. upper management continuosly adds more work onto managers and increases there expectations. Pay is o n the low end an no one gets yearly raises.
Pros
love my residents and small family like feel
Cons
never enough staff and pay is low
Love the job....but paperwork is out of control
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNAugust 23, 2018
Great management staff, co-workers, CNA's, and support staff. Loved the residents and mission. Work load placed on LPN's okay except paperwork is over bearing. Admissions for new patients takes about 1.5 to 2 hour without interruption which is impossible. Cannot be properly prepared during regular shift without sacrificing hands on nursing care. Nursing phone orders, patient discharges, proper processing of daily paperwork and completing various required forms is out of control and needs streamlining.
Pros
No shortage of work hours, decent pay and benefits
Cons
Unyielding amount of paperwork, high turn over of nurses and CNA's, and must fill in for CNA's partial or full shifts nearly every week
Management beliefs will kill this company
Staff Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 23, 2018
This company cares more for making money than caring for patients. High nursing staff turn over rates because they received little support and were over worked. Kitchen staff cared little for following meal requests or diet restrictions. Therapy team was awesome but overworked and pressured to give subpar care for the sake of productivity. Company shows little respect for its employees eliminating 401k matching contributions, raises, and even eliminating the Christmas party and bonus. Building was rarely full of patients in the last 2 years meaning full time staff were called off and not provided with full time work. Employees awarded by the company for customer service and going above and beyond to help other departments were then laid off for being "unproductive." I was laid off with little warning after 11 years, 1 month after returning to work from maternity leave.
Pros
Majority of coworkers tried to help the patients, therapy team was great, great rehab director
Cons
Upper management cut throat, money hungry, little staff appreciation, decreased benefits
Disorganized, Very Poor Training, Unprofessional Management
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Punta Gorda, FLNovember 30, 2018
Resident family member complaints galore. Call lights are on forever, residents do not receive the care they deserve on a timely basis. High turnover, can keep the bad staff, but can't keep the good ones. Two great doctors to work with, but nursing staff totally unappreciated by Nursing Management, treated like minions. Necessary communication to build productive caring teamwork is non existent. Administrator recently fired. Residents are great! Doctors are caring and extremely qualified and respectful to the staff. The facility has generally gone downhill, management lacks leadership skills, communication skills, Pitiful non existent raises. They are constantly running short staffed, can't keep nurses or aides, incompetent managers who lack the necessary qualifications is a real drain on the business model here. Instead of head of nursing department being engaged with lifting their nursing department up to a fine tuned machine, the result of incompetency results in poor morale and poor patient outcomes. This could be a great place if it is ever managed properly.
Pros
you can stay on the clock and do nothing for hours and hours
Cons
Management sets a very low standard for themselves, and constantly patting each other on the back to congratulate each other for doing a superior job.
favoritism, stressful, high school like environment.
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Riverview, MISeptember 6, 2018
poor communication, expectations not made clear. if there is an issue, the whole building knows about it before you do. after a corrective action, management walks around the floor making cheap jabs towards you, or makes you the subject of a joke. if you are friends with management, any mistake you make will be dusted under the rug. new employees, or people who dont grab drinks after work with management terminated, or disciplined for the littlest things. scheduler holds the power. she is the person to interview. asking questions such as your availability, and shift preferences. never once asks nursing based questions. even if you don't have time to take a lunch, you are expected to clock out and come back to the floor to work through your break. long term employees allowed to bully staff with no consequences. honestly, nothing would be worth the stress you hold when working here. would only recommend as a very last resort.
Pros
better than some heath benefits.
Cons
no breaks, bullying, poor management, technologically behind, cliquey
Whatever it takes and then some
Case Management (Current Employee) –  FloridaAugust 30, 2018
Great place to work with great team and great management. Fast paced and can be stressful at times but great support and mentoring from team is always available. Clean facility and 5 star rating.
Pros
Awesome team, great benefits.
Cons
Ocassionally long hours required
Good Place to work
Former member (Current Employee) –  Lagrange, INOctober 2, 2018
Overall, Life Care Center is a good company to work for. The management has had some turnover in the executive director position and director of nursing position. Sometimes they are short staffed and call often for shift covering. Makes it difficult for a work life balance when you are getting frequent calls and texts. High turn over except for some department heads who have been there for years. Difficult to keep consistency with executive directors changing all the time.
great place to work!
Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Longmont, COAugust 22, 2018
Life care center has all the same stresses as any other OTA job I've worked, however, it's the most relaxed atmosphere thus far. The management in the rehab department is wonderful, we rotate weekends and holidays, and the staff is very team-centered. The hardest part of the job is the difficult patients on caseload, but that can and will happen anywhere.
Pros
flexible schedule, flexible weekends and hours/day, holiday pay
Cons
pay is not competitive, low pay for cost of living in area
Maddening
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 26, 2018
For a company as large as LCCA, they sure make it difficult to do your job. The IT infrastructure is antiquated (we're talking near dial-up speed), turnover in the executive leadership level extraordinarily high and their elitist culture is downright snobby. "Not everyone is privileged to work for Life Care." Their raises are non-existant, systems redundant and they waste a TON of money on labor because their systems are so bad that they have to employ 4 people to do the job that one person could do with a decent program.

By far the most frustrating job I've had in 2 decades in skilled nursing. I enjoy a good challenge that's for sure :)

The people I work with are amazing though. That's why I still work where I do.
Awesome Company!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 7, 2018
I worked for company about a year, only left because I moved. Best company I have worked for in my nursing career, thus far. The workplace culture and staff were great. I enjoyed going to work everyday. Honestly, when I started there I thought the staff were so nice, but like a fake nice. But it was not fake at all! Loved the team there, really miss them and the awesome patients I had the privilege of caring for!
Pros
staff and patients
Cons
pay
charge nurse
LPN-charge nurse (Current Employee) –  Greeneville, TNAugust 11, 2018
so many improvements need to be made!!!! no consistency, an upper management will never back one of their employees! pay raises do not happen very often and chances for advancement only apply to certain employees.
Work here if you want to feel worthless
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Port Orchard, WANovember 25, 2018
I worked at the Port Orchard Life Care for almost a year. In that time we had three different people for Director of nursing and three executive directors, which for us that mean that everything was changing all the time and not for the better. We were consitanlty short staffed and forced to take care of 20+ people on our own with no management support. Management always will say they’re trying so hard yet they go out for 20 or 30 smoke breaks a shift and don’t think you can ask them for help either, they will throw a fit. So if you like being treated like a dog and scoulded like one then this is the perfect job for you. It doesn’t matter how much love and care you have for your patients it will never be enough.
Pros
None.
Cons
Short staffed, poor management, unsanitary, overworked
Run, don't walk away from LCCA
Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAMarch 20, 2018
I have been a nurse for over 20 years. This was the very worst experience of my career. The regional staff are horrible, directions are very inconsistent, Upper management will throw anyone under the bus in order for them to look good. The reputation of this company in our area has always been horrible but I was assured their culture had changed. I took the job despite my gut feeling. Nothing has changed. They are a hypocritical company and don't hold to their own mission values. They absolutely deserve the bad reputation.
Pros
The resident
Cons
The NW division management team

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Life Care Centers of America. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight