Life Center of Galax Careers and Employment
Work happinessScores based on about 35 responses to Indeed's survey on work happiness
Through the years, Life Center has worked to respond to the needs of the patients in the region. As drugs of choice have changed, we have worked to update our programs and practices to offer the best opportunity for successful treatment and recovery.
The first significant change came when the facility sought a license to include dual diagnosis services as part of our addiction treatment program. For more than 20 years our psychiatrist and medical director have worked together with our treatment team to ensure we address patients holistically.
One of the most significant recent changes occurred with the introduction of new and stronger pain medications and the subsequent increase in opiate addiction. Now, almost half of our patients are receiving treatment for opiate addiction.
Life Center of Galax is located in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Southwest Virginia. We were the first residential treatment program both licensed and accredited to exclusively treat adults addicted to alcohol or drugs.
At Life Center of Galax, we focus on one thing-your recovery. You and your family have suffered enough from the devastating disease of addiction.
You’re seeing all 5 jobs at Life Center of Galax because we can’t find any available jobs at Life Center of Galax close to Ashburn, VA at the moment.
Mostly dedicated staff who believe in and want to help those struggling with addiction. However inadequate staffing and huge caseloads make it nearly impossible to achieve quality patient care on a daily basis.
The idea of the company is great but the execution is horrible. The management is a mess and there is no communication. You go in thinking it’s a great place and leave disillusioned realizing that they will do anything when it comes to money.
Certain departments are great at team work, some need improvement. Leadership team does the best with what they have. Could work on better communication amongst staff. Overall a great place and great people to work with.
Don’t work there! No teamwork! They need more staff! They put to much on you and expect it all to be done. There is no structure in the company at all!
This facility is not effective in treating substance users. It is a revolving door often with 5+ readmit patients. The pay and hours are extremely unbalanced and most staff are way underpaid. Find another place if you are looking for meaningful work.
What would you say about your employer?
People have asked 17 questions about working at Life Center of Galax. See the answers, explore popular topics and discover unique insights from Life Center of Galax employees.
Insights from 11 Indeed users who have interviewed with Life Center of Galax within the last 5 years.
They want to get to know you. Questions on how you would handle different situations
Select a topic to see what people are saying about different issues
- Professional developmentExplore skills and training, pay raises and promotions and management and culture.
- Mission and valuesExplore company values, community, the relevance of the mission and moving on.
- PTO and work-life balanceExplore PTO allowances, work-life balance and flexibility and parental leave.
- Work from homeExplore work from home during COVID-19, remote work support and work-life balance.
- Parents and caregiversExplore parental leave policies and other benefits, company culture and general support.
- Internships and graduate programsExplore support and satisfaction with programs for new and emerging graduates.
- COVID-19 responseExplore leadership during COVID-19, working conditions and WFH support.
- Accessibility, Disability and AccommodationExplore employer support and available accommodations for people with disabilities.
- Life Center of Galax