Life Cycle Engineering Employee Reviews

Not Bad
Marine Machinery Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHDecember 4, 2018
The job security is not great, the company does not communicate well with employees. Great benefits, however you can go months with no work and no word from the company.
Fun and Exciting Place to Work
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCFebruary 22, 2018
LCE is a fun and exciting place to work. They offer great compensation packages and are a great bunch of people to work with. The hardest part of the job is just keeping up with all the changes that happen in the world of HR. the most enjoyable part of the job is that they care about their employees and their families. Great place to work.
Provided outstanding opportunity to teach what I know
pipefitter, fit (Current Employee) –  Bremerton, WA 98337February 4, 2018
Tremendous opportunity to use acquired skills and teach others while helping to complete backlog of work on the books and in the water. There is a 4 year or more of extra work to catch up on and at the other public yards there is per diem and housing. The pay is more than the preretirement pay and so double income can be achieved.
Pros
excellent pay and benefits, overtime.
Cons
none at all ever.
Great team atmosphere & working environmnet
N/A (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 23, 2018
Lot's of talented people here. Nature of the work has a tendency to stifle creativity and sometimes motivation, but it's a good company trying to do their best in a slow moving industry. From a tech stand point, they are behind most work places. Maybe 2/3's of the workforce have the ability/flexibility to work remotely and the greater expectation is that PTO be taken when not in the office; even though the majority of the workforce support clients with database programs that can be accessed from nearly anywhere with an internet connection.
Pros
Free coffee
a good work environment
Painter / Shipyard Qualified Tradesmen (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHSeptember 10, 2018
I liked working there. The job was easy and the people were helpful if you need help. Management was easy to come to and talk to. The other only thing is you really has to pay attention to what is going on around you.
Company
Director of Business Development (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 25, 2018
Life Cycle Engineering was a good place to work. I was able to improve my skills and learn more about all facets of organizations. We consulted companies to improve on a holistic approach from principals, culture, processes, optimization, and sustainability.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Unrealistic in sales
Great Place to Work for some
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 16, 2018
Great teams and support staff. When contracts end employees will feel a bit insecure of their employment. Management tends to work harder to offer support for those they truly support. I would show up to work in the same area as my manager and we would not exchange words. You will need to really negotiate pay, I and a few other employees were constantly low-balled. Overall the company is great!
A good place for 9-5ers... but limited advancement and not an aggressive company
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 13, 2017
LCE welcomes you in as family, which is an amazing trait for a large company to have. The quality of the people they employ is their best attribute. With that being said, they often bog themselves down with corporate policy, plans, surveys, and initiatives, where the benefits are not immediately clear. Business-wise, they know what they do and do it well, however are so risk-adverse I worry about their long-term growth potential.
Great Place to Work
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 19, 2017
LCE offers great compensation packages and benefits. A rewarding work culture and good work life balance. Employees are treated with respect and have ample advancement opportunities.
Naval Engineering Support Contractor
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHAugust 21, 2017
Challenging positions taking advantage of military experience in support of US Navy operations. Average compensation and benefits. Below average opportunity for advancement. Good company for professional experience.
Pros
Indepenant work atmosphere
Cons
Limited advancement and job security
Logistics Program Analyst (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 27, 2018
Life Cycle engineering is a good place to work and the staff here is small in comparison to my former employers. Everyone is very eager to help and willing to assist.
Pros
Relaxed Atmosphere
Cons
Did not utilize my skill set
Great place to work!
Reliability Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 29, 2017
The company is a wonderful company to work with that promotes a very friendly atmosphere. They are continuously changing and improving, they have been going threw personnel changes that has created some growing pains. Over all the company is a great place to work. One of the things that they are improving with is professional career growth while in contract.
Pros
Company Culture
Cons
Parking on job sites
Great company and benefits
Senior Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAMay 25, 2017
LCE is a fine company that treats it's employees well. A cutting edge engineering firm, LCE is one of the go to contractors the U.S. Navy prefers when seeking help with complex technical issues.
Pros
401k matching, employee stock options, good medical and compensation package.
Excellent place to work
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCApril 6, 2017
Flexible hours and offering wide latitude in accomplishing objectives. Company focus is on engineering so developing a supply and logistics program was challenging. Great benefits package.
Great company to work for
ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAFebruary 2, 2018
Great people to work for and with. Flexible, Professional. I learned Logistics on board US Naval ships and submarines. The work place culture was very relaxed, Hardest part of the job was the travel. Most enjoyable part of the job was satisfying customers
Work on teams with highly qualified Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), great job satisfaction
Reliability Engineering Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCNovember 26, 2016
They treat their employees with respect, acknowledge and take advantage of your expertise.
They offered spectacular training during the first months of employment.
Travel with teams of expert to work with companies on improving their internal Reliability Engineering and Management processes.
The hardest part of the job was the lack of job security (although that could have changed since I was there). Employment was contingent of having contract work available.
The most enjoyable part the job was the respect, training and working with highly qualified and experienced experts.
Pros
Great training.
Cons
Travel, job security
Minimal supervision, lots of work.
Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Pearl Harbor, HIApril 12, 2017
i learned how to use various power tools, and how to remove corrosion. Constantly getting dirty. you work with paint, facemasks, and multiple equipments to remove corrosion and defects from products. hardest part of the job is the downtime or waiting for orders. the most enjoyable part is when you have a long job, you can just focus on your work and not worry about micromanaging.
Pros
good people, high morale, fun if you like dirty work.
Cons
no room for advancement. contract only.
Unstable but forced me to learn a great deal
Financial Analyst, (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 26, 2013
My days at work include looking at multitudes of data and trying to shape financial metrics and forecasts to help satisfy the needs of my customer, the United States Navy. I have learned how to be a leader and manage other in my short time with Life Cycle Engineering. Management has been tough. My first boss quit two months after I was hired and my current boss manages two other projects and is not in our office. The hardest part about the job is being a government contractor, we are not treated as equally as the government employees. The most enjoyable part of the job is my freedom to work with my client as I free of most management constraints
Pros
flexible wok life
Cons
the government is a mess right now
Supportive and challenging work environment
Master Marine Electrician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 30, 2015
Management is very supportive in their efforts to ensure that you are fully equipped to perform you duties. From the Owners and upper management to the immediate supervisors, every employee was supported and included within the organization. Even as a technician, I felt that the upper management knew me personnaly and not just by a file.

Fully believed that my supervisor ensured that my abilities were utilized to the best of their abilities by placing me in a postion to challenge myself and strive to impove my knowledge.
Pros
Close Community organization, very supportive.
Cons
End of year funding sometimes intruded on needs to perform the job as contract worker.
Pleasant work environment
Senior Logistician - DMSMS (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 11, 2017
Great place to work overall. Pay could be better and not much room for advancement but you are treated well and it's low stress. Also a great place to learn new skills.
Pros
treated well by management
Cons
don't pay as well as larger companies/govt. for similiar positions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Life Cycle Engineering. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2