Life Enrichment Center Employee Reviews

Amazing place to volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 2, 2019
Amazing place to volunteer. Along with being a volunteer the facility offer services for the less fortunate. These services allow for some people to stay above water or even give some older folks, a sense of community.
Served the community well.
Quality Assurance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GADecember 4, 2018
Decent company to work for. They serve a great need in the mental h3alth community but do not treat staff well enough for the amount if work that is required from them. Great clients poor leadership.
Pros
Leniency
Cons
Low pay, drama
Fulfilling and Life Altering Job
Recreational Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oyster Bay, NYAugust 6, 2018
A typical day started with proving a light breakfast and then some word games. We would play cards and then various sensitivity games. The seniors also enjoyed music and we would do sing-alongs.

I learned how to deal with a seniors in a patient and caring way.

Under new management, I just felt that she could not relate to our participants.

The staff, myself included rapidly became a very functional team.
Working together to ensure the well being of our members.

The hardest part of the job was emotional. I grew very attached to our seniors and would be saddened as their mental state worsened or when the passed away.

The most enjoyable part....growing very attached to the seniors
Pros
Making seniors happy
Cons
The deterioration of their mental status
Rewarding Place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 17, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing and hearing all the compliments of our service and how life changing it was to them. its a great facility
You never know what to expect
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shelby, NCJuly 9, 2018
I think the Life Enrichment Center is great place!! The employees have SO much love for the people they take care of. I absolutely would consider working there again, it just wasn't the right place for me in that part of my life. While being employed at The Life Enrichment Center I grew and learned so much about myself. There were tasks that I succeeded in that I would have never imagined. It is very fast paced and hard some days but very rewarding. I would never want praise and recognition for working there, because the care of the patients is what matters most! However, It does make you feel good to know you are helping somebodies loved one, especially in times of need.
Pros
Never a dull moment!
Cons
Sometimes it seemed understaffed for what we had going on
Life Enrichment center was a cut throat type of place.
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shelby, NCJune 20, 2018
If you did not fit in to the managers or owners click you were not good enough to work there.I enjoyed the job i did just not the people i worked for.
Pros
Weekend and Holidays off and hours
Cons
Co workers
Okay
Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 12, 2018
Nice if you need a job. The people that volunteer at this organization are mostly nice with good intentions as are the people in need of the center and its resources.
Internship Site
INTERNSHIP SITE (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAJuly 23, 2017
Great facility for adults with Developmental disabilities. Everyday is always something for them to do to keep their quality of life thriving. The support system is very positive and I enjoyed myself while I was there.
Pros
Working with different populations
Cons
No pay due to being an internship
The LEC was a great place to work, enjoyable people and environment.
Business Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 15, 2017
I would get in every day after school and would stay for about 4 to 5 hours. Some jobs that I would do was enter data information into the computer. Basically, I would do any thing they needed.
Pros
great people
Cons
for me there was no cons
Very rewarding!
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shelby, NCAugust 31, 2016
Loved this organization! I never had a day that I didn't feel as if I made a difference in someones life. Loved each of my coworkers. I learned to have patience and always show love.
Pros
Free lunches, Kind cowrokers
Cons
Management wasnt very level headed at times
Life Enrichment Center
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kings Mountain, NCJanuary 26, 2015
I am grateful to have employment and with such a wonderful group of people, however the compensation is not enough to make ends meet. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people that we care for, they are like family to me. This is a job that is a blessing at the same time, however, as an adult I went back to college to finish my bachelors degree in Human Services for the soul purpose of providing for my family. My pay does not reflect this accomplishment so far.
Pros
free lunches on most days
Cons
rules change daily
Providing services to the poor of our city
Chef/ Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  dayton,ohioApril 16, 2014
An excellent organization, providing much needed services to the poor of our city.
Fun and caring work environment with people who love people
Receptionist/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 25, 2013
Working here was a great time in my life where I got to help people who really needed it. This included people who needed a meal, clothes, groceries, and just some to talk to and care.
Satisfying place to work
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shelby, NCJune 3, 2013
A typical day involves working with participants in a variety of activities, encouraging them to interact with one another and others. The management team is small, but tight-knit. The staff is creative and operates as a team. The most difficult part of the job is working as a team because of staff having so many different personalities and creative ideas. This makes the job a fun challenge. The most fun part of the job is the participants. They make all the hard work worth while.
Pros
participants, free lunches, creativity in the job
Cons
Short breaks, inability for upward mobility within LEC due to the small nature of the company
Serving the underserved
Chef/ Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton OhioJune 3, 2012
Great place to help others.
Ran kitchen and helped with volunteer groups