Life Fitness Employee Reviews

Team player and passionate about my skills
Field Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ashburnham, MADecember 1, 2018
In this Industry, I learn something every day. My typical day is a 10 hour day and get paid for 8 because of the Portal to Portal Act. The hardest part of my job is open communication with management. The most enjoyable part of my job is my team. We are like family. We all lean on each other when questions or problems arise.
Pros
My team here in New England
Cons
No open communication with management
Great Name. Poor Company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, ILNovember 4, 2018
Overall Life Fitness is stuck in the past. The policies set up are old and will not attract top talent. They need to come out of their shell and understand that this is 2018/2019 and the world has change.
Great company with benefits and discounts.
Lead Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 24, 2018
Life Fitness is a good company that gives its employees good benefits along with discounts within there company. The travel and work was always a exciting part of the job along with installing their fitness equipment.
Productive place to work.
Welder / Full-Time (Former Employee) –  Ramsey, MNOctober 19, 2018
They ask for unreasonable amounts of products manufactured in a small amount of time with little to no help. They do allow employees off hours to use their small gym.
Pros
Limited access to an in-house gym.
Cons
Extremely hard work, fast paced, lots of heavy lifting, getting razzed by most employees.
Fast pace and hard
Production welder (Former Employee) –  Ramsey, MNAugust 30, 2018
Had to work in a cell they called it and it was made up of 4 welders per cell and you had a lot of work and it was a fun overall job to work at. could be stressful but people made it better.
your going to be busy the entire shift
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Ramsey, MNAugust 2, 2018
fast paced and you have to pay close attention to details

some days are very tough
some days are super easy
as long as you prep yourself for the day and eat youll live to work another day
Pros
pay
Cons
shift
good job
Driver/Installer (Former Employee) –  Fontana, KSMay 17, 2018
go to work early, load up equipment, drive to job site, unload equipment, build it at job site, ensure everything works, and repeat.

I learned how to build various fitness equipment
Nice job. Friendly environment.
Technical Customer Support (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, ILMay 9, 2018
I like this job. Very laid back, and as long as you do what you supposed to do, management will not bother you. I like the dress code. They even let you wear jeans!
Face Paced
INDUSTRIAL DESIGN LEAD DESIGNER (Current Employee) –  Franklin Park, ILApril 5, 2018
Would recomend to anyone in the Fitness Arena. Faced paced, hard working people. Like to take product developement to the next level. knowledgable and respectful
Pros
Product Design
Cons
Remote workers are not very well connected to the corporation
Regional Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILMarch 15, 2018
I felt overall the company was great to work for, it is a large corporation mentality. Over the years they have gone through many stages so it may have improved since I was with them.

Want to know more about Life Fitness?

Ask a question
Nothing good to say
Assembly Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ramsey, MNJanuary 29, 2018
Burn out employees with 6-7 day work weeks for more than 3 seasons. I'm not willing to speak more , I don't have too many positive things to say. This is all there is for now
Pros
Some good people
Cons
Hours
Productive and fun place to work at people are very friendly and out going peaceful work environment
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Franklin Park, ILJanuary 27, 2018
One of my favorite jobs I’ve worked for . Grew a bond with my coworkers and my managers work was easy to learn and catch on depending on the attitude you’d walk in the door with. Good pay good hours and good people what else could you really ask for .
Pros
3 breaks, catered lunch, flexible and understanding management, great coworkers
OK company with too many chiefs
Senior Reliability Technician (Current Employee) –  Franklin Park, ILDecember 26, 2017
Too many different departments with non centralized management style. There is a program manager for every thing. A lot of them don't really seem to have a function other than going to meetings.
Easy Job, Great Co-workers....Management Micro-Manage, Moral is low
Technical Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILDecember 8, 2017
It's a call center job nothing more than that. There are 3 division on the call center floor. Parts, Tech, Specialty. Everyone starts in the same division of parts and then moves on to one of the others divisions depending on how they are working. You would think it is a promotion to move to a new division, but no. There is no raise or benefit changes just an addition in your workload. The entire company treats the call center as the lowest department in the company including the CEO (in my opinion).

Management has its good managers and bad managers. The bad managers will micro-manage you, but not know any of the workload themselves. The good managers end up getting shut down because the bad managers have formed a high school click with upper management and HR. So nothing is ever done to correct their actions.

The job is easy, the pay is low. Numbers are the only thing that matters to the upper management. They claim quality over quantity, but the entire floor knows this is false.

The co-workers on the floor with you are the best part of the job. Since most management doesn't know the workload, you will be looking for help from your co-workers instead.

As of rite now late 2017 the moral on the floor is at an all time low.
great place to grow
Welder (Former Employee) –  Ramsey, MNDecember 6, 2017
Overall was a good company to work at. They are a fair company and good to grow with. I would recommend this company to anyone. They have a good environment to be in
easy work, poor management
Team Coordindator (Former Employee) –  Delavan, WIOctober 24, 2017
The work is easy but management is very poor. Normally good people to work with. AT 63 yo, The worst management I have ever worked under. If you are a yes man, then you might be ok working there.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
management
First ten years was productive working & later many stress
Senior Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Franklin Park, ILOctober 16, 2017
First starting 10years was productive & very good working environment. Management style was many change after company sold to other big group. The management was giving more pressure and many people leaving company.
Pros
Flexcible working hours
Cons
High pressure to employee
Work environment
Lead Assembler (Current Employee) –  Ramsey, MNOctober 12, 2017
Its a good place to work for someone who loves putting in hours. Its a very friendly work environment on the floor. Management is very kind and easy to get along with and truly do care for their workers out on the floor.
Productive work enviroment making life fitness brand workout equipment
Robotics Operator (Former Employee) –  Ramsey, MNOctober 6, 2017
this was a fun job very competitive and very hard work i left due to low pay as kids were starting at fast food jobs making what i was making there but have heard their low pay has changed since i left
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
lots of mandatory overtime
Good place for Non-white workers
Production Floor Assembly (Former Employee) –  Ramsey, MNSeptember 28, 2017
The work was fine. Management on the other hand did not follow through on their word. Prefers hiring foreign workers to company after having them trained by the temps.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Discriminates against smokers, prefers foreign workers