Life Flight Network Employee Reviews

Only game in town and they know it :(
Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WASeptember 20, 2018
Life Flight took over NW Medstar and killed careers, literally, before the plane they landed in had cooled off. They decimated the stellar flight nurses RT's, and Paranatal nurses. There's a reason only a small percentage of nurses stayed on with LFN. Many were forced out and others would not work for a company that's run how LFN is run.
Ancient technology that is grossly unreliable for dispatching crews, flat out lies to "customers" about ETAs. It's a shell game, moving air craft here or there to appear to be the closest to scene calls. Sadly the upper echelon wants the $$$ instead of better patient care.
I could go on for days. If you have a choice go to another air transport company. As the head of LFN openly stated, if you don't drink the coolaid the get out of the company.
Cons
Upper management
Beware of top heavy management & emotionally unstable CEO
Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ORAugust 18, 2018
Within your first week of what they call, NEO, (new employee orientation), it is plain as day to see, the CEO and executive staff is all about smoke and mirrors. They preach a “just culture”, but this cannot be further from the truth.
Employees at the corporate division and remote bases alike live in a constant fear of being terminated on a whim, and there is complete disconnect from each department covering all aspects of communication and expectations.
Terrible management with little to no culture.
I cannot emphasize enough the level of unprofessional behavior stemming from the CEO, who is fueled by drama, gossip and greed.
This is a top heavy management skeem with many lower level employees to use as scape goats.
Please, consider a much more defined and elevated company such as REACH, Emmanuel, or OHSU.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Terrible management, unstable CEO, lacks all areas of best management practices, low employee morale.
It could be a great place to work, and they preach that it is, but it's not.
Maintenance Department (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ORJuly 31, 2018
The first thing the CEO told us during new hire orientation was to just "drink the Kool-Aid." I thought, at first, that it was just a tongue-in-cheek comment, however, little did I know that wasn't so much a cute little quip, but some do-or-die advice.

Drink the Kool-Aid.

If you're going to work for Life Flight you're going to have to, especially if you work with anyone in the maintenance department. There is no love for that area of the company and it becomes known right away. Think of this area of Life Flight as "steerage" and the other departments as the upper decks, with the Admiral's Cabin being the CEO's office where he decides who he's going to fire that day.

Don't let the song and dance about a "just work environment" (or something along those lines) fool you - they don't partake in it. I've often wondered why they even preach this because they regularly fire someone as a scapegoat or pop-off and fire someone because they feel it's the right thing to do. I've never worked at a company where so many people walked around waiting for the shoe to drop, because frankly, LFN may as well have been a Footlocker.

I really do think LFN could be a great place to work for because the benefits are fantastic, the people are great and work hard, and the company mission is a good one. The management, however, is among the worst I've ever seen, and I don't say that lightly.

I'm not a "burned" employee nor do I harbor ill-will towards them. I just wouldn't let anyone I called a friend work there. You have a honeymoon phase, the CEO loves you, something goes wrong,
  more... and you suddenly find a knife in your foot because stabbing your back was too much effort. I saw it time and time again and got out before it happened to me.

But hey, you get a lot of PTO! Just don't try to use it or else you might get shamed.
Pros
Great Benefits and Pay
Cons
Management, Hot-Head CEO
Very poor managment
Community Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTJune 26, 2018
management style was fear based and bully mentality. No ethics or values. The flight crew and mechanics were wonderful and amazing. It was just a management issue.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Great place to work with a company making a difference in people's lives!
Administrative Employee (Current Employee) –  Aurora, OROctober 5, 2017
Life Flight is a company you can feel good about coming to work for everyday. I can easily say this is the best company I have ever worked for. My team is amazing, and the sense of camaraderie is the best I have ever been a part of. As a team, we take pride in what we do and work together to be successful. LFN cares about its employees and takes very good care of us. Our wages are competitive and directly based on skill level and years of experience - not how well someone "liked you" in an interview. The benefits program is unbeatable and the PTO accrual rates are extremely generous, giving employees a great work-life balance. Management works very hard to keep the lines of communication open with employees. Our safety culture and quality assurance procedures are the most thorough I've ever seen. Employees have a voice and are truly listened to. I look forward to a long career here.
Pros
benefits, summer bbq's, early release days, fun atmosphere, strong safety culture, employees are valued
Best job ever
Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Lewiston IdahoAugust 29, 2015
Working at life flight is like being a part of family, they provide a culture of safety and expect the best, you can't help but want to succeed here, couldn't ask for a better place to work!!!
Pros
Safe, fun coworkers, amazing culture
Cons
Nurses get paid too much more than medics
communications specialist at air medical agency
Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDApril 16, 2015
good company to work for, they were very flexible in allowing their employees time off for family functions, their compensation was really good and so were their benefits
Pros
benefits, insurance, wages, people
Cons
hours
great place for long-term career
Critical Care Flight Paramedic (Current Employee) –  IdahoOctober 25, 2014
LFN is a great place to work. Typical flights run the gamut from scene responses into wilderness locations to taking very complicated patients from ICUs and tertiary EDs and transporting them to specialty centers. Strong clinical and trouble-shooting skills, a positive attitude, and the ability to function in chaotic situations are definite requirements for the job, but these are rewarded with excellent pay, benefits, and plenty of time off. The organization has an excellent and pervasive safety culture. While not perfect by any means, LFN is an excellent company in which to build a long-term career.
Pros
Exciting work, strong safety culture, good compensation
Cons
lots of paperwork and record-keeping requirements
Best job ever
Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 18, 2014
Constantly challenging, ever changing and exciting. I've learned about mapping, aviation and weather. My co-workers are my partners, we back each other up. The most enjoyable part of the job is the adrenaline rush and not knowing what's going to happen next.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Life Flight Network. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

4.4InHerSight Score

4.2Personal Development

5.0Career Opportunities

4.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight