Life Flight Network Employee Reviews

Wonderful Place To Work
Administrative Assistant, Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ORNovember 14, 2018
LFN is an amazing company to work for. I've worked for larger companies in the past and felt like I was just a number and was not valued as an employee. That is not the case here at LFN. From the very first day employees are face to face with the CEO who makes it very clear that he has an open door policy and values feedback from all employees. I've never known a CEO to be so approachable and truly care about his employees. I look forward to going to work each day and I'm proud to be a member of the LFN family. The decision to come to work for Life Flight Network is one of the best choices I could have made.
Pros
Friendly Co-Workers, Approachable, Supportive Leadership, Great Benefits, Dog-Friendly Work Environment, Fun Place to Work, Amazing PTO
LFN is a great place to work!
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ORNovember 8, 2018
Life Flight Network really cares about their employees. The pay and benefits are unbeatable and the PTO accrual rate is outstanding. In addition to the benefits the company has a great culture which can be described as professional, fast-paced, fun and collaborative. Even though the company is chain of command oriented everyone has an open door policy. Plus, who doesn't love a dog friendly work environment?!
Pros
Benefits, Pay, Company Culture, Safety
Great company, Great career
Administrative Employee (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ORNovember 8, 2018
Life Flight is an excellent company to work for. The employees here are dedicated to their work, and are extremely good at what they do. Life Flight takes great care of its employees. Wages and benefits are competitive and generous. The safety culture is top notch and everyone takes their job very seriously, without being stuffy. Turnover with in the company is very low. It is true that team players don't last long - but I've never heard of anyone being let go that didn't have issues leading up to it, or a toxic attitude. I am proud to work here.
Pros
benefits, fun atmosphere, strong safety culture, employees are valued, stable company, not for profit organization
Micromanagement yet lack of communication
Ground EMT (Current Employee) –  Aurora, OROctober 4, 2018
Life Flight comes across as a great place to work. However, after a few months it becomes clear that there is a lack of structure and micromanagement involved. If a problem arises, there are too many hands involved and nothing gets solved. They claim that safety is their number one priority but expect their EMTs to "safely" drive for more than half of their 12 or 24 hour shift with no one else available to drive the ambulance if needed. There are numerous other problems; too many to list off.

The CEO likes to create drama. During orientation, he mentioned that if you don't like how he runs the company, then leave. Everyone is replaceable in his eyes. Sure felt welcomed and wanted after that statement.

I don't recommend working for Life Flight unless you like to be miserable at work.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
micromanagement, no communication, low moral, no drive
Only game in town and they know it :(
Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WASeptember 20, 2018
Life Flight took over NW Medstar and killed careers, literally, before the plane they landed in had cooled off. They decimated the stellar flight nurses RT's, and Paranatal nurses. There's a reason only a small percentage of nurses stayed on with LFN. Many were forced out and others would not work for a company that's run how LFN is run.
Ancient technology that is grossly unreliable for dispatching crews, flat out lies to "customers" about ETAs. It's a shell game, moving air craft here or there to appear to be the closest to scene calls. Sadly the upper echelon wants the $$$ instead of better patient care.
I could go on for days. If you have a choice go to another air transport company. As the head of LFN openly stated, if you don't drink the coolaid the get out of the company.
Cons
Upper management
Beware of top heavy management & emotionally unstable CEO
Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ORAugust 18, 2018
Within your first week of what they call, NEO, (new employee orientation), it is plain as day to see, the CEO and executive staff is all about smoke and mirrors. They preach a “just culture”, but this cannot be further from the truth.
Employees at the corporate division and remote bases alike live in a constant fear of being terminated on a whim, and there is complete disconnect from each department covering all aspects of communication and expectations.
Terrible management with little to no culture.
I cannot emphasize enough the level of unprofessional behavior stemming from the CEO, who is fueled by drama, gossip and greed.
This is a top heavy management skeem with many lower level employees to use as scape goats.
Please, consider a much more defined and elevated company such as REACH, Emmanuel, or OHSU.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Terrible management, unstable CEO, lacks all areas of best management practices, low employee morale.
It could be a great place to work, and they preach that it is, but it's not.
Maintenance Department (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ORJuly 31, 2018
The first thing the CEO told us during new hire orientation was to just "drink the Kool-Aid." I thought, at first, that it was just a tongue-in-cheek comment, however, little did I know that wasn't so much a cute little quip, but some do-or-die advice.

Drink the Kool-Aid.

If you're going to work for Life Flight you're going to have to, especially if you work with anyone in the maintenance department. There is no love for that area of the company and it becomes known right away. Think of this area of Life Flight as "steerage" and the other departments as the upper decks, with the Admiral's Cabin being the CEO's office where he decides who he's going to fire that day.

Don't let the song and dance about a "just work environment" (or something along those lines) fool you - they don't partake in it. I've often wondered why they even preach this because they regularly fire someone as a scapegoat or pop-off and fire someone because they feel it's the right thing to do. I've never worked at a company where so many people walked around waiting for the shoe to drop, because frankly, LFN may as well have been a Footlocker.

I really do think LFN could be a great place to work for because the benefits are fantastic, the people are great and work hard, and the company mission is a good one. The management, however, is among the worst I've ever seen, and I don't say that lightly.

I'm not a "burned" employee nor do I harbor ill-will towards them. I just wouldn't let anyone I called a friend work there. You have a honeymoon phase, the CEO loves you, something goes wrong,
  more... and you suddenly find a knife in your foot because stabbing your back was too much effort. I saw it time and time again and got out before it happened to me.

But hey, you get a lot of PTO! Just don't try to use it or else you might get shamed.
Pros
Great Benefits and Pay
Cons
Management, Hot-Head CEO
Very poor managment
Community Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTJune 26, 2018
management style was fear based and bully mentality. No ethics or values. The flight crew and mechanics were wonderful and amazing. It was just a management issue.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Great place to work with a company making a difference in people's lives!
Administrative Employee (Current Employee) –  Aurora, OROctober 5, 2017
Life Flight is a company you can feel good about coming to work for everyday. I can easily say this is the best company I have ever worked for. My team is amazing, and the sense of camaraderie is the best I have ever been a part of. As a team, we take pride in what we do and work together to be successful. LFN cares about its employees and takes very good care of us. Our wages are competitive and directly based on skill level and years of experience - not how well someone "liked you" in an interview. The benefits program is unbeatable and the PTO accrual rates are extremely generous, giving employees a great work-life balance. Management works very hard to keep the lines of communication open with employees. Our safety culture and quality assurance procedures are the most thorough I've ever seen. Employees have a voice and are truly listened to. I look forward to a long career here.
Pros
benefits, summer bbq's, early release days, fun atmosphere, strong safety culture, employees are valued
Best job ever
Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Lewiston IdahoAugust 29, 2015
Working at life flight is like being a part of family, they provide a culture of safety and expect the best, you can't help but want to succeed here, couldn't ask for a better place to work!!!
Pros
Safe, fun coworkers, amazing culture
Cons
Nurses get paid too much more than medics
communications specialist at air medical agency
Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDApril 16, 2015
good company to work for, they were very flexible in allowing their employees time off for family functions, their compensation was really good and so were their benefits
Pros
benefits, insurance, wages, people
Cons
hours
great place for long-term career
Critical Care Flight Paramedic (Current Employee) –  IdahoOctober 25, 2014
LFN is a great place to work. Typical flights run the gamut from scene responses into wilderness locations to taking very complicated patients from ICUs and tertiary EDs and transporting them to specialty centers. Strong clinical and trouble-shooting skills, a positive attitude, and the ability to function in chaotic situations are definite requirements for the job, but these are rewarded with excellent pay, benefits, and plenty of time off. The organization has an excellent and pervasive safety culture. While not perfect by any means, LFN is an excellent company in which to build a long-term career.
Pros
Exciting work, strong safety culture, good compensation
Cons
lots of paperwork and record-keeping requirements
Best job ever
Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 18, 2014
Constantly challenging, ever changing and exciting. I've learned about mapping, aviation and weather. My co-workers are my partners, we back each other up. The most enjoyable part of the job is the adrenaline rush and not knowing what's going to happen next.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Life Flight Network. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

4.4InHerSight Score

4.2Personal Development

5.0Career Opportunities

4.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight