LIFE Pittsburgh Employee Reviews

Management Is Subpar
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greentree, PAJanuary 9, 2018
If you are looking for employment, PLEASE look elsewhere! The constant drama between management, and the staff, will drive you away! The center is consistently short staffed, due to the stressful work environment. If you are looking for a job to make a difference in the lives of the elderly, these centers are not for you.
Pros
Assisting participants
Cons
Stress
Health Care
Day Center Aide (Former Employee) –  Greentree, PAOctober 31, 2017
You come into work and have a staff meeting where the manager contributes you schedules. Then you wait for patients vans to arrive. You escort patients on and off the vans when they arrive and depart center. You assist patients with bathing and showering. Also you may have to go into dinning area and help pass out lunch and clean dinning area.
Pros
interacting and playing games with patients
Cons
no 15 minute breaks
Employee Safety
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 5, 2017
You go to bad neighborhoods late hours.They don't care if anything happens to the employees. And at times we have to deal with rude family members.For the company it's all about making money.This is supposed to be for seniors who are living independently as advertised but that's a total lie.We have clients who need helped totally.
Most co workers are awesome and work as a team to keep their sanity.
Benefits are alright. I wish the top bosses can experience what the PCA s go through on a daily basis and learn to appreciate them more.
Wonderful Place to work very caring staff and love the Participants
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 26, 2017
Loved working here moved for family reasons or would still be there.
A great place for a family member with low income problems and need the help of Medical,Social work,Dietary,Pastorial,Personal care,
Shopping.
I would still be there had I now had to leave. Loving staff.
Day center managers come and go that was the only Issue. few good and a lot of bad . Did not follow through with staffing issues or
problems that needed addressed .
This did not effect the way that the participant's was treated in any way but did case issue with members of the staff.
Pros
Caring and Loving staff, Meeting memebers of the community, great pay and Benifts
Cons
Bad Day Center Managers
i loved when the activity staff would have entertainment
Center Aide (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 20, 2017
Was working with elderly consumers in teaching them how to be more independent in daily life routines. such as bathing, feeding and watching also toileting and making sure they got on the proper transportation home as well.
Pros
room for advancement
Cons
building a little small
Indecisive work environment
Global management (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 5, 2017
The mission of the organization is caring for the elderly to prevent nursing home placement. This focus was the most enjoyable part of the job while I was employed.
Productyive and fun environment to work in.
Patient Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 8, 2017
I enjoyed my job going into various homes and Day center to help those who were able to still attend a Day Program to socialize with other who may have been sick but enjoyed getting out the house.
Pros
good work environment
Benefits are the only perk
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 13, 2017
Poor work life balance- expected to give and give (to clients in need- no resources ask staff to donate frequently and staff- no appreciation money) and never appreciated. Company full of management that asked for feedback and says they are their for you but are closed minded, resistant to act/change, and often say "because it's always like that". People in power were brought through the company and have little to no outside experience and little to no management training. Benefits are excellent but don't look for a good raise. Everyone gets a 3/5.
Pros
Cheap lunch and benefits
Cons
Everything else
basic daily schedule
Center Aide (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 7, 2017
I have learnt a lot with in this job I never worked at a well put together place in my life it was a very great program for the elderly and keeps them busy dyring the day so they wont be able to just sit in the house.
Good company that helps the elderly population
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 28, 2017
I think what LIFE Pittsburgh does for the elderly people is something necessary for the community. They ensure to take care of all and any aspects their participants may require, whether it's medical or physical therapy, they work hard to meet the needs of their participants.
Most unappreciated place to work.
Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Greentree, PADecember 24, 2016
Working here for almost five years, I saw valued employees, including highly respected doctors, leave because of the unwarranted stress put upon them. The upper management is very ignorant with the employees and constantly makes them feel worthless and threatened. There is a "protected" few that can't do anything wrong. There is nepotism and they will go to extremes to find ways to dismiss you. They brag about not giving anyone unemployment benefits. The CEO and the HR director work hand in hand to keep a hostile working environment and continue to promote unqualified candidates in to positions of directors and managers. Not all managers are undeserving and that is not the intent here. But, many are. The HR director uses his power to surround himself with young women and tries to intimidate men. Very frustrating work environment. Most of the blame goes to the CEO, the HR director and their relatives.
Pros
Great compensation
Cons
Terrible work environment, tries to intimidate, threatens job stability, fabricates reasons to terminate employees.
Great company, very fast paced.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 24, 2016
Fast paced work environment with very supportive upper management team. Never a dull moment. However there are way to many bosses and it gets very confusing!
Pros
benefits package, vacation etc
Cons
Confusing management structure
Horrible place to work, good benefits
Scheduling Associate (Former Employee) –  Greentree, PAMay 7, 2016
There is to much micro management going on. They don't care about the workers. They will work them to death. You do not get the proper training and they just send you on your own and then when you mess up they fire you or push you out the door. They have the wrong people in the wrong postions. There are grown people cliques. They really need to get it together and run the company more efficiently...
Benefits
Cons
Treat employees like trash
Very hostile workplace
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  ACG PITTSBURGHMarch 8, 2016
I I would not in any way and I repeat would not recommend this establishment to work for. If you are a good worker they harass you constantly the bad workers they love. Management is a joke . They have no respect for the good workers and all the respect for the workers who just want to stand around and do nothing. The hostility in the centers is so sick that you can cut it with a knife.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Hostile work place, employees treated poorly.
My first Full-time position
Dinning Aide (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 7, 2016
This was one of the most difficult jobs I have worked. its such a fast moving environment. Learned a lot from working here. If I never experienced this job I don't think I would be the employee I am today
Easy money easy work bad job!!!
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 29, 2015
very unprofessional, If you need quick easy money this is the place. They are unorganized and have too many bosses. There is no loyalty or construction at this place. Good luck
Caring organization with wonderful mission
Quality (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 31, 2015
This organization goes above and beyond for their Participants and truly lives out their mission statement. Clinically based, recommend for healthcare careers.
Pros
caring environment
Cons
no opportunity for advancement past a certain level
creative and challanging nursing
Registered Nurse, BSN (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 6, 2014
working as a member of an interdisciplicary team is enthralling as ideas on how best to meet the needs of frail individuals are discussed across a table and then, once agreed upon, all disciplines do the hard work to make the interventions happen and meet agreed upon needs.
I support the "aging in place" concept for individuals.
Pros
Freedom to work independently and allowing results to be judged as the quality of my work.
Cons
Ineffeciency within departments that are outside my influence sphere.
very productive and fun
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh pa north shore locationMay 4, 2014
It's an amazing and productive work place! I enjoy working here.
Pros
wonderful and informative quarterly and annual tranings
Cons
working only 8 hour days perfer longer hours such as 10 or 12 hour days for shorter work week
PACE Program - mission of the organization is outstanding
Community Care Manager - Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PaJanuary 16, 2014
Challenging position - management of all direct care staff in the community as well as support and supervisory staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LIFE Pittsburgh. Our community is ready to answer.

LIFE Pittsburgh Reviews by Location