Life Time Fitness Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,717 reviews matching the search See all 1,740 reviews
Love it!
Member Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Champlin, MNAugust 16, 2018
It's a perfect part time job. Great management, great co-workers, very flexible schedule. Everyone seems to get along and work well together as a team. The members are fun, and I'm having a wonderful time getting to know them. It's very motivating being around people who value a healthy way of life, and the company culture really promotes that.
Pros
Flexible schedule, great people, great management, free membership
Cons
low pay
Fun and Educational Experience
Group Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXAugust 14, 2018
My experience with Life Time so far has been very educational and inspirational. I love how the company encourages life long learning and promotion within the company. I firmly stand behind the value system in place.
Productive and fun place to work at
Lead Counselor (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 14, 2018
Lifetime Fitness is a good place to work at especially if you enjoy working out as you get a free membership working there. I found lifetiime to be a strict but fair place to work.
free membership
Childcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 13, 2018
if you work there you get a free membership. it was the only way I was going to afford to hang out there and swim in the summer and it is a very nice pool
Pros
free membership
Cons
no summer pool only membership
Like minded individuals, great atmosphere.
Exercise Physiologist - Level V (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, IAAugust 10, 2018
typically a day wold start at 5am-2pm. You are responsible for 100% of your business and 100% commission paying job. You learn more being around other brilliant minds. Work place culture was hit or miss sometimes. I found management strayed away from their moral and ethical senses to make a sale. The hardest part of my job was charging such an immense amount of money per hour (120/hr). This was not a choice enforced by me, but my bosses instead. More per hour= more money in their pockets. The most enjoyable part of my job was building the strong emotional relationships that would carry on forever.
Pros
free gym membership and discount to resources
Cons
commission based, strict work hours even when not training
A typical day at work
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNAugust 9, 2018
Fast paced and ever-changing responsibilities. You will wear multiple hats as resources are limited. Decent culture. Job security is not a priority of the company.
Working at child care
Child Center Team Member (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILAugust 7, 2018
Staff was very nice and helpful. I was lucky to start with a supervisor that has been there for 10 years.

Learned about right products to be used around the area and the proper used of it

Practice of protocols etc to be followed, related to coming in an out of the CC.

I had work with kids previously so i had a very good idea on how to manage and what is appropriate behavior and safety also
Pros
Flexible, i could bring my child with me to work
Cons
not change of initial salary, employee gets insurance cant miss a day of work, automatically kick out of it.
Yoga and Pilates Instructor (Current Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNAugust 7, 2018
If you are committed to a healthy way of life, you will love working in the beautiful facilities with highly committed and educated team members. Go for it!
Excellent for a part time job or hobby
Member Services Team Member (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXAugust 7, 2018
Good Job culture as this company promotes the Healthy Way of Life. Friendly staff and coworkers. Free gym membership for staff and family. Overall a good place to work
Lifetime Fitness
Kids Activities Programming Manager (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIAugust 6, 2018
Lifetime is a great place to be and of course not only to work, but also to work out. To me it is a club not a gym. It is a place for people to find what they are looking for no mater what it could be.
Fast paced work environment, very not personal.
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXAugust 5, 2018
The culture is very friendly between the employees but when management is involved, it's extremely stressful and they are very impersonal and rude. They weren't easy to work with and were not understanding of sickness or personal issues.
Fine Place To Work
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXAugust 5, 2018
Great Work Culture, Service oriented, hourly and commission positions available, employees of all ages from 16yr+, Friendly and Inviting, fast growing.
Pros
Great Discounts on company products
Cons
Inconsistent Leadership
Was a personal trainer there.
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Champlin, MNAugust 3, 2018
I was a personal trainer and we were compensated very well, but if you were training people you weren’t getting paid. 100% commission as a PT. Very hard to work there at the start but could make good money if you stick with it.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
100% commission.
Flexible and Understanding
Aquatics Deck Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZAugust 1, 2018
Great and flexible work hours. Very supportive of working college students. Emphasizes a healthy lifestyle with great opportunities such as healthy eating and workout classes. Friendly coworkers and fun working environment.
Growth potentional but lack in company structure
Department Head, Aquatics (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCJuly 31, 2018
Working here the growth opportunity seemed great. However, my Integrity is put into questions at LifeTime and I do not want that in a company I work. I refuse to work in this type of environment, no matter the benefits.
Great place to work for a side job
Life Time Athletic Events Team Member (Current Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNJuly 30, 2018
A great atmosphere with positive attitudes all the time. A great place to work and continue with a healthy lifestyle. Lots to offer here, in many forms.
Great place with great people to work with.
Operations, Locker Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Lakeville, MNJuly 28, 2018
I would describe the Operations department as being the Housekeeping and Janitorial services for the property.

A typical day is constant cleaning. The club looks great because the crew is always wiping things down, sweeping, moping, vacuuming.

Working in and at the gym can be fun, although the members and guests may have different reasons to be there, everyone that you encounter is there with the intention to have fun and better their health and wellness.
Pros
gym membership benefits and its privileges
Cons
fast paced. the seemingly constant and endless cleaning
Not much room for growth
Member Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJuly 26, 2018
Lifetime has a good atmosphere when it comes to the team members and members on a daily basis. The pay is very low compared to the amount of job duties and responsibilities that's required of you. Extremely hard to move up within the company. Upper management seems not to care as much about their employees. Which results into high turnover. Be careful when you apply.
Terrible
Member Services (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 26, 2018
Need new management/ new gm and more respect for their employees. Once they lost their steady manager there was no manager for over 5 months. A woman who was in sales decided to make herself manager and was not qualified.
part time
Facility Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 25, 2018
it was a really, really great part time job. I learned how to do cpr and how to test pools for chemicals. The trainers are also available for advice to help you work out.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Life Time Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight