Life Time Fitness Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,626 reviews matching the search See all 1,647 reviews
Fun job terrible pay and management
Kids Activities Member (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COMay 23, 2018
My time spent at Lifetime Fitness is missed as I enjoyed working there so much. It was a great work environment working with the kids and a great job to get paid to exercise. However, my manager was terrible and unable to schedule me for times that I put down as available. Instead they scheduled me for times I explained I was not available and eventually forced to leave the job due to scheduling conflicts and minimum wage pay.
Pros
Fun, free membership to Lifetime, great coworkers.
Cons
Terrible manager, minimum wage
productive friendly environment
Head Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Warrenville, ILMay 23, 2018
great place to work everyone seemed to get a long both members and workers. Had time to get to know each employee. Day lifeguarding I would watch the pool make sure it was clean and safe. Help any members with problems or questions.
Great outside of management
Life Cafe Manager (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAMay 23, 2018
I loved working for Life Time Fitness as a team member. Being in management was rough , you worked over 50 hours a week and had to meet unrealistic budgets. Some higher-ups would fight for you and support you while others would try to put you under the bus and care less, stab you in the back. Pay for managers was great but poor for regular hourly team members. What i loved most was the membership perks and learning so much about health and Fitness , sadly as a manager fixing the last managers department from scratch i never had time to focus on me!
Pros
Great health perks
Cons
lacked work life balance
Easy job, great atmosphere to be around.
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Katy, TXMay 23, 2018
Life Time is a great environment to work in. The job is easy, the members are awesome. It's the management that really make things tough. They are cut throat, do not care about you and are very shady. This is the most political place I have ever been to. 60% of it is image, 30% are politics, and 10% of it is performance to be promoted.
Pros
Compensation can be nice
Soul Sucking
Café Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Parker, COMay 23, 2018
I don't know what it was about this job, but it was the most toxic experience ever. The management was dishonest and elitist, the way the cafe was run was so inefficient it made for total chaos every single day.
Pros
Free Club Membership
Tedious job but eh
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXMay 22, 2018
Constantly on the move with very minimal breaks. Must be prepared to adapt and do specific things at any time when asked. You do get a free membership which is probably the only reason for getting the job.
Pros
Discounts and free membership
Cons
No breaks
Fun fast paced working with kids
Kids activities team member (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 19, 2018
Overall, working at life time fitness is a very fun and exciting place to work, the kids and staff are awesome. Very fast paced, must be able to keep up with the kids. Membership is nice
Pros
free membership
Cons
No Raise
Nice place
Childcare Attendant/ Class Teacher (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVMay 18, 2018
Nice place to work if you want to have a free membership, very low pay, short breaks without much time to relax in-between shifts.
They need a to treat their employees better.
It was fun with the games and activity’s in the gym or being able to connect with new people
Day care assistance (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COMay 17, 2018
I believe that this job was very unorganized. The people where nice but didn’t really care how the job was done. It was not a job that I wanted to continue to work at and be a part of.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Unorganized. Not many hours
Fun, relaxed, goal oriented and friendly
Assistant Member Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAMay 16, 2018
Life Time Fitness is a great company to work for. The atmosphere is a great place not only for the customers but for the employees as well. I would highly recommend working their to anyone who is looking to gain experience in multiple areas while making great friends. It also provides great networking opportunities and plenty of room for advancement.
My gym job
Overnight Team Member (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX 78717May 16, 2018
I like some of the work, as it was overnight, and then i would go to school when I got off, but for the amount of work us overnight team 3 or four of us did, we not as compensated for our $9.25hr work. Free gym membership, and it was open 24 hrs. The pay was the reason i left, as I could not pay for my apartment.
Pros
People, free membership, slow nights.
Cons
pay, and all the work it entailed
Good benefits, poor workplace
Cafe Team Member (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXMay 16, 2018
Cafe Manager was very irrational and not good to work with. The benefits of discounts on all products along with a free (normally very expensive) gym membership outweighed the poor manager.
Pros
Discounted food, free gym membership
Cons
Boring, not well managed
Lifetime
Hair Apprentice/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 16, 2018
Lifetime is a great place to work if you're good with working in a team! It's very team oriented and everyone helps each other out. The discounts are great as well.
Pros
gym membership, beautiful facility
Cons
short breaks
i was not treated fairly by managment or coworkers
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCMay 15, 2018
I was looked down upon by my coworkers and boss for my age even though I did the same quality of work. I was also fired for a misunderstanding where i was scheduled outside of my availability
Life Time Gil Staff is amazing! Makes it worth working there!
Member Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZMay 14, 2018
No matter how stressful the days can be, the majority of the staff makes up for all negativity. The current staff melds well together, so many different personalities that creates a complete package, it's an all around experience for its members and just a great place to work.
A nice place to work!
Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNMay 14, 2018
LifeTime has a healthy work culture. Has the best team and the directors to work with. During my time, I did get a chance to upgrade my skills in cloud technologies. Life Time is open to new ideas.
Amazing Company
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COMay 14, 2018
Lifetime fitness is an amazing company. The management was great and fair and good at thier jobs. The infrastructure was well planned and successful. I learned a lot during my 14 months at Lifetime Fitness and only wish I still worked there.
Pros
Great work environment.
Cons
Very demanding monthly sales quotas
Overall not a bad company
Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 14, 2018
Every company has its pros and cons that come with the position you hold. Life Time offers career growth and development and trainings. Work life harmony is preached but not followed. I have been with the company for several years and unfortunately it has become very cliquey. If you aren't "in" with the right group, the chances of succession are lower.
Pros
Great brand and good morals
Cons
Work life balance
Summer Counselor
Lead Counselor (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 14, 2018
It was overall a good experience. They were very formal when it comes to training, but overall it was good for someone who is in college or high school.
Pros
Field trips
Cons
No breaks
Great first job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 12, 2018
This was my first job and it was a great place to start. Management was supportive and I was able to learn quickly. They were flexible and understanding that my student priorities came first.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Not enough hours at the time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Life Time Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight