Life Time Fitness Employee Reviews

Excellent company
GROUP FITNESS YOGA INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 2, 2018
Lifetime Fitness has been a great company to work for. They are very thoughtful in whom they hire, which translates into a very positive and collaborative work culture.

From the moment you walk in the door, everyone is very welcoming and is willing to offer support in however way you might need.

I haven't worked for many other gyms, but hearing from those who have, Lifetime is the best.
Member services
Member Services (Former Employee) –  Bixby, OKApril 1, 2018
Handled member accounts and member finances and concerns. Dealt with any member problems or concerns. Made phone calls and answered calls for any member with questions or concerns. Insured great experiences.
Member Services Team Member (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXApril 1, 2018
Communication is great whether they are in the building or gone for the day. we all have walkies on us and group chats to communicate issues so everyone is informed.
Great Experience
Member Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 29, 2018
I'm a college student that was looking for a summer job and this gave me a lot of skills that will help me in the future. It was a very flexible job and the company as a whole is great to work for.
Kids academy takes patience
Kids Academy Team Member (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAMarch 29, 2018
Its a great side job/ first job for anyone that wants to enjoy the benefits of the gym. They also are very flexible with scheduling, i really enjoy my time with LTF, even though it's only minimum wage.
Great Team Environment
Child Center Team Member (Former Employee) –  Johns Creek, GAMarch 28, 2018
Lifetime was a great company to work for. It was very team based and also focused on the health of the employee. The work atmosphere was always positive because of the precedence set by the employees rubbed off on club members.
Kids Academy team member
Kids Academy Team Member (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 28, 2018
I worked with kids in the Kids Academy. Engaging and creating lesson plans was what most of my job entailed. It is good if you like kids, but the compensation was not very good. My direct manager was good, but some of the other management was not as good. I have heard that most of the management has changed since then because of that though, so I do not know what the current state is like.
Silly summer camp
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILMarch 28, 2018
I worked at lifetime fitness from May-August as a summer camp counselor. The job sounded fun and promising at first. After the first few weeks I realized this summer camp had NO structure and did not follow DCFS rules and regulations at all. The only time the supervisor even remotely tried to follow the regulations was when DCFS came. We failed the audit. Well, the MANAGER failed the audit and blamed it on us. Personally, I never received any praise or compliments and the only time management would even speak to me was if they felt I was not doing something to their standards. Children where always out of control as well and nothing was ever planned well. For the amount of money you pay for this summer camp, it is not worth it!
Pros
Free membership, swimming everyday, getting to know the kids
Cons
No breaks, poor management, no hands on training
Productive workplace
Facilities Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 27, 2018
I began working for Lifetime fitness in August 2017 as a operations team member. I was promoted to shift supervisor within 5 months, after gaining trust & respect from my fellow team members. I love working here, I have become more educated in cleanliness & fitness since becoming apart of the Lifetime team.
Pros
free membership
Cons
starting pay
Fast paced and disorganized
Summer Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXMarch 26, 2018
Management constantly changing in different departments. Compensation is low. When things changed in the club, there was little communication to the employees which resulted in a lot of confusion. People being constantly hired and fired. Many thought that because they were employees, they were above the rules. Management was not successful with providing information to employees that would help solve issues with members.
Pros
Free Gym membership, discounted services in Salon, Physical training and Cafe
Cons
No breaks, Very bad communication amongst departments
New talent is great, C-level is terrible
Law Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNMarch 20, 2018
The new, director-and-under employees are fantastic and truly wonderful to work with. Above the director level, however, there is a lot of corruption and lack of care for welfare of employees and clinets.
I love my job
Front Desk Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSMarch 19, 2018
Working in the spa is fun, dynamic, sometimes hectic but easy and enjoyable. I get to work with outstanding stylists, estheticians, nail techs and massage therapists who are great at their craft.
Pros
Collaborative, fun, upbeat, engaging
Good temporary lifeguard job for highschool and college
Lifegaurd (Former Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILMarch 19, 2018
Was a fun place to work that let me come back over breaks. I enjoyed my here and all of the people there really were commited to the ideals that the company wanted to embody.
Not Great
Member Service Representative and Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Warrenville, ILMarch 17, 2018
There are a lot of issues with this company, not the least of which is the lack of management to correct issues with gym members or other employees. If you would like your family life to struggle and to be around some of the least adult like adults you have ever met then this is the place for you.
Great start to fitness industry
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Life Time Fairfax VaMarch 17, 2018
If you are looking for a company to jump in the fitness industry with then Life Time would be my first option. They fly you to Minnesota for a week long training and continue to develop your sales skills on a high level. The executive team they have is very adequate and has the necessary experience to relate to the workload they place on front line team members. You must have the "hustle muscle" to make it long term with Life Time. It didn't bother me, but the work life balance is somewhat undesirable working upwards of 60 hours per week.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long hours, work life balance
Member Activities Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloomingdale, ILMarch 16, 2018
Lifetime Fitness gave a lot of training to its employees - first aid, cpr, time management and others. This is very interactive place to work and is very customer focused.
Pros
free time to work out
Cons
club is 24/7
Fun and good experience
Operations (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAMarch 16, 2018
Good things was fun and awesome co-workers and manager.
Bad things is you do same thing everyday
I cleaned the whole building, and learned how to get deal with difficult customers
Member Services Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXMarch 16, 2018
I absolutely love working for Life Time. It is a great company that really believes in its employees. Loved working for my manager at Mansfield before transferring to Plano. It is a company that hires from within but only to a certain extent. It is sometimes a stressful place to be depending on what comes your way. Loved working with the team I had!
Pros
Fun workplaces environment, building relationships with Members and Team Members
A great place to work at
Member Services Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 16, 2018
I absolutely love working for Life Time. It is a great company that really believes in its employees. It is a company that hires from within but only to a certain extent. It is sometimes a stressful place to be depending on what comes your way.
Pros
Free Membership to Life Time, friendships with a Members and Team Members
Cons
Stressful at times
great place to work loved my lifetime family
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Parker, COMarch 15, 2018
Would love to go back to Life Time Fitness. in Colorado Springs part time weekends. Going to apply for front desk spa or front desk at club. miss swimming there love the pool and kids activities
Pros
membership for free
Cons
no health care for part timers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Life Time Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.8

3.1Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight