Life Time Fitness Employee Reviews

It was ok
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  MNMarch 15, 2018
Every lifetime location is a different atmosphere. I loved the free membership and work hours were flexible. I wish more management was applied. I was really lost in work some times.
Guest Service Leader & Café Team Member (Current Employee) –  Westwood, MAMarch 14, 2018
Free membership is a plus. Hard to find time to make use of that benefit if working long hours. Great environment and friendly staff. Members can be difficult
Pros
free membership
Cons
should have done front desk instead
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDMarch 14, 2018
operations manager is absolutely terrible. micromanages like crazy
and don't ask for time off or even show to to work late or your fired. i would recommend working any of the other areas of lifetime.
Pros
slight discount on everything some good teammates
Cons
pay is not worth the work poor management
Fine workers, but poor management.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCMarch 14, 2018
It depends on the day but the job can either be extremely quick-paced or slow as a turtle. The management lacks scheduling skills, will put you on the schedule not following your hours and on days that you had taken off prior. Also, the pay is not good at all. I was told I would be given a raise and I have been paid minimum wage for a year and a half. People who have been hired since I was instantly get paid more than me, even though I typically work harder than the majority of the workers. The coworkers are typically great to work with and make the environment fun, but management dampens the mood immensely.
Overall an excellent environment for executive growth.
Member Services Department Head (Former Employee) –  Lake Houston, TXMarch 14, 2018
Life Time was and is an excellent environment for a beginner executive to grow and develop ones skills while advancing either within or outside the company.
It was bad
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAMarch 13, 2018
I did not enjoy my time at Life Time. They tell you that you can make your own schedule after 6 months, but that is not true. They also have a position called onboarding specialist. These are the people who are the best at sales. The job of the onboarding specialist is to help fill your schedule with clients, or prospective clients. People are imperfect, though, so what ends up happening is that the specialists fill their own schedules so that they will make more money, and the people who can't do onboarding sessions, everyone but the specialists, suffer because they can't make sales and they don't get any new clients. It is a flawed system to say the least.
Fairfax, Virginia
Operations Team Member (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMarch 12, 2018
Staff is friendly to members but will always choose the members over their own staff. They do not handle problems with employees in a respectful manner and have a high turnover rate due to the way they treat their employees. Other locations are much better to work at.
Pros
Free membership; discounts on everything
Loved it
Camp Counselor / Party Hostess (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, GAMarch 12, 2018
It was really fast paced and I loved getting to know all the kids. They range from ages 5-12 and we were always doing fun activities. It made the day seem shorter and it felt less like a job! Only problem was waking up so early for shifts.
Pros
Lots of fun
Cons
Not enough hours
Amazing fast pace, culture of care business
Aquatics Manager (Current Employee) –  Katy, TXMarch 11, 2018
I love my job with Life Time but with a new baby the hours are stressful for my family.

Culture of care for employees. Only company that I have witness doing amazing job with leadership within company
Member Services Team Member (Former Employee) –  Centreville, VAMarch 11, 2018
Very flexible with schedules and I was able to work as much or as little as I pleased and they fit my schedule very well. Very well run organization I think
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Not a career
Fun place to work with lots of day-to-day variety
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJMarch 11, 2018
Working in the kids activities department helped me grow as a leader and taught me how to be innovative and think fast. The kids are so much fun to interact with and it was very rewarding to see my impact on them.
Group Fitness Instructor
Group Fitness Instructor (Former Employee) –  AnonymousMarch 11, 2018
Lifetime was great, except for a few things... I was employed as a group fitness instructor and I loved it!. Management could do better, there was a lot to be desired there. Just know what you're getting into before you take a job there.
It can be a fun part time job, but you are expected to be there full time.
It is a BEAUTIFUL facility, there are a lot of GREAT teammates that you get to work with.
Pros
Free membership, beautiful facility, fun environment
Cons
There is definite favoritism, low pay for the expectations, it isnt just a part time job you are expected to be there daily even as a part time employee
Life Time Fitness sucks
Life Cafe Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Parker, COMarch 9, 2018
The guests are a bunch of snotty, entitled a******* who allow their children to run around and scream without holding them accountable. The GM has no business running a team of people and is nothing more than a corporate puppet. The trainers look down on everyone who isn't them and go into the cafe and destroy the place, don't clean up after themselves, and won't even push in their chairs. The teenagers that work there don't listen to anything and you can't gripe or yell at them because the company says that that you can't do that.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Avoid at all costs
IT (Former Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNMarch 9, 2018
Toxic Work Environment. Their idea of Agile is a joke. No opportunity for advancement in IT. If you really like time tracking this is the place for you.
Pros
The people
Cons
The managers
cut throat
operations (Former Employee) –  KSMarch 8, 2018
overall I would not recommend working at lifetime fitness. there are some good managers but most of them have no idea what they are doing. management and corporate play serious favorites and hardly give opportunities for advancement. pay is bad.
Pros
free membership
Cons
short breaks, bad pay, bad managers and corporate managers.
Fun, interactive, and lots of communication.
Kids Activities Team Member (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 8, 2018
The children's center is relaxed but you always have to pay close attention to your surroundings. It is our responsibility to keep the children safe while having a good time. Interaction with kids and their parents are crucial, and so is a positive attitude.
Pros
Discounts on food and membership
Cons
No tips, schedules were not very organized, payment was low
Fun work environment but lacked opportunity for growth
Kids Activities Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHMarch 8, 2018
I was the Kids Activities Supervisor in the Childcare Center at Lifetime Fitness. I enjoyed interacting with the families and their children to help them grow and develop. I was very dedicated to that job and enjoyed the atmosphere, however there was limited room for growth and opportunity within the company.
ok
Life Coach (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAMarch 7, 2018
they only care about numbers and sales and they dont care at all about about employees, bad pay and make you work so hard for what you get, not worth it. dont do it
Pros
corporate
Cons
corporate
Stressful fast pace
Operations Facility Team Member (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVMarch 7, 2018
The company is nice, but the average work day really sucks. It’s constantly cleaning the same locker room for 8 hours. It’s very repetitive. It is literally walking back and forward for 8 freaking hours.
Fast-paced and Advancement Atmosphere
Overnight Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  MichiganMarch 5, 2018
Fast-paced environment to assist the needs and wants of all members throughout the facility. Expectations and desires keep you moving all day and night.
Pros
Advancement
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Life Time Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.8

3.1Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight