Life Time Employee Reviews

Found 1,955 reviews matching the search See all 1,999 reviews
Great team members, terrible management.
Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasOctober 14, 2018
Overworked and underpaid. Great company mission and vision but it is not well executed. They keep the "bad apples" that pushes out the honest and skilled workers; this why overturn of employees is so high.
Company is great to jump start your passion
Manager (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILOctober 13, 2018
Great company poor management at the time I worked there. The schedule was set weekly and not manageable. I had a new born and they where inconsiderate with the schedule and time needed.
Pros
Pay
Decent Repetitive Work That Can Be Done By Online Kiosk. No Work Life Balance
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Vestavia Hills, ALOctober 12, 2018
Lifetime is one of those companies where you're literally starting out your career, you've got no other prospects, and you want to dive headfirst into creating an income of which you'll have no time to spend, or will want to devote to the same company. That's literally how extensive of a time-waster that this company is. Now I don't mean time-waster as in that you will get nowhere with the company, I mean time-waster as in you'll be spending all of your time here like an endless sink, or you won't be here long-term. To put this into perspective, the club where I worked was so cut-throat with leads, TIs, Walk-Ins, and referrals that to maximize how much that I could earn, I would need to show up at 6am in the morning and wait it out till 8pm.

A lot of your productivity will be left to chance of the door and phone line, but you'll have many leads to call through otherwise and bide your time. Calling leads is about like finding a needle in a haystack because if you're lucky, you might convert 10 meaningful memberships from that.

Did I mention that in the middle of this, your workday progress will be beleaguered by a meaningless daily huddle meeting that could literally be accomplished with much greater efficiency through an intraclub email? That's right, prepare to have to sit through and engage in a meeting that you read off facts about a member in front of other dept heads and have them take aim and crucify you for not pushing THEIR services and products to them in a way befitting a Castro-esque execution.

I could go on about some of the other things that Lifetime
  more... has to "Offer" but I'd have a flash of PTSD.

In short, come for the opportunity but don't stay long enough to get burned out. You'll end up meeting some influential people coming as members and if you're lucky, you can leverage them to get you a position somewhere meaningful to your career.
Terrible
Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJOctober 11, 2018
Terrible place to work. It has a lot of potential with beautiful facilities but the management are very petty, back bite and are in it for themselves. They treat employees as slaves to profit from. They were charging $175/private lesson/hour and paying us $14/hour. They were very mean and condescending to their employees--it does not matter who you are.
Extremely cut-throat and professional only environment
Assistant Personal Training Department Head (Former Employee) –  Algonquin, ILOctober 9, 2018
I loved working with Life Time Fitness. They were extremely high class and focused a ton on having a healthy life for their organizations, communities, and individuals. They just didn't do that for their employees. A really fast revolving door for most team members unless you were there at the launch.

Don't work there unless you get an upper level management job.
Pros
Free gym membership & discount services
Cons
Short breaks, constant harassment from club-managers, cut-throat, not team focused
Great Encironment with amazing Management
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Fishers, INOctober 9, 2018
Working for LifeTime has been an amazing experience. I have learned a lot about myself and the skills I have working here. It has allowed me to connect with individuals who I live to inspire. My heart for the health industry and allowing others to find peace through taking care of their health has impacted me greatly.
Pros
Management, programs, performers
Cons
Hours, pay
Swim Instructor Loved Job but Hated Politics
Aquatics Instructor (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXOctober 8, 2018
This company is all about making sure they are good for themselves but they treat their employees horribly. If you are wanting to be respected at work and be grateful to be part of a team, then don't work here.
healthy
assasinant manager (Current Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNOctober 8, 2018
I love working for lifetime. everyone there is trying create a healthy life for themselves. so it was a very positive experience working there. I love being in a fast paced in environment and lifetime was a good fit for me
Fun, but be careful
Swim Instructor (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 6, 2018
Working at lifetime is great. Free membership, discounts up the wazoo, and even a great team of coworkers. I would just say to be careful not to get on your bosses bad side.
Worst job I have ever had
Coach for Competitive Swimming (Former Employee) –  Fridley, MNOctober 5, 2018
The managers have no idea what they are doing. No one treats anyone else with respect, especially the Operations Team Members. There is way too much online training that doesn't help with the job. Most of the time I was unable to take breaks.
Cons
Short breaks
Only pro is the free membership...
Kids Activities Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 4, 2018
Minimum wage pay for a job where I was not appreciated. I worked there for 5 years and got shot down for every promotion opportunity I applied for. Even as a team member, rates for cafe/classes/events are barely discounted. The child care is free, but limited. If you're looking for any department other than sales, look elsewhere.
operations (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXOctober 1, 2018
Your getting to meet a lot of people, and just getting to hang out with employees you work with. It was awesome. I learned that if you bring the right attitude and take care of your body you will have a great experience. The magt was pretty cool. As long as you followed the rules, show up on time, and take care of the guests the managers were pretty cool. The workplace area was amazing because you got to interact with everybody and meet tons of people and develop great friendships. The hardest part was cleaning the showers. The different endeavors you face everyday made you become a better person.
Pros
metting people
Cons
depression
Free membership is the best part
Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, PASeptember 30, 2018
The Aquatics manager has no fairness in her. Will write some people up and won't write up others. Will give some people new uniforms and not others. She's also very unorganized. Ever since the assistant manager left she's a mess .
Sun! Glorious sun!
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Vestavia Hills, ALSeptember 27, 2018
I love the sun. I'll be honest, it is my favorite part of the day when the sun is in my vista. Me being a lifeguard was amazing for my soul! I saved many a life and created lifelong friendships!
Pros
sun
Cons
drowning
What’s so great?
Cashier and Cook (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNSeptember 24, 2018
From the two - four weeks I have spent at lifetime I’ve loved it I’m so thankful that this job came to be and I’m learning so many new things on top of it all it’s absolutely amazing
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Gets pretty busy
Best in the Industry
Membership Onboarding Manager (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNSeptember 24, 2018
Lifetime Training Method is the best in the industry. Greatly refined over the last couple years to create the industry standard in the way that peoples lives can be changed through the improved Core 3 Method
I loved the people I worked with
Certified Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IASeptember 24, 2018
I loved the people who are members at Life Time, my co-workers turned into family. The culture at Life Time is unlike any other "gym" because it's not a gym :)
Great Company to work for
CHILD CENTER TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTSeptember 24, 2018
I worked in the child center and I had a blast engaging with all the children that passed through. All the other team members and managers were fun to work with as well.
Honestly great
Bistro Head Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK 74133September 24, 2018
LifeTime was a company I was reluctant to try, but I absolutely loved working for the company. People are super friendly and it is a great way to build relationships with customers. Promotions are raises can be a favorites game though.
Pros
50% off employee meals
Cons
Raises are few
operations
towel boy (Former Employee) –  Bloomingdale, ILSeptember 22, 2018
Workload is decent, pay is laughable. Mostly kids working there for around $12 max and they get free membership which means like gold to them. Nice job for a part-time only for the free membership you get.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Life Time. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about