Life Time Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,824 reviews matching the search See all 1,860 reviews
operations
towel boy (Former Employee) –  Bloomingdale, ILSeptember 22, 2018
Workload is decent, pay is laughable. Mostly kids working there for around $12 max and they get free membership which means like gold to them. Nice job for a part-time only for the free membership you get.
Productive and fun work place
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Syosset, NYSeptember 20, 2018
Everyone worked together to make the environment for all the managers, lifeguards, and members a positive one. We all were a team and had each others back.
Pros
Free memberships and discounts on food
Great managers, no work/life balance
Membership Onboarding Manager (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSSeptember 19, 2018
The location I was at had great managers from top to bottom. If you love fitness then this is the place to be. Alot of opportunity and alot of mentorship. Full support from everyone around makes for an easy transition. However, in my opinion, a better alignment of priorities and duties for each managers position, in the fitness department, as it relates to what was trying to be accomplished, was needed in order to perform onboarding system properly. Lifetime has their way of doing things and there may or may not be a better more efficient way. This location was well on its way to being top in the region vs previous years solely due to management and staff and nothing to do with the sales system that was in place.
Pros
Management (GM, Fm, ADH’s) educational opportunities, most staff
Cons
Work/life balance, inefficient sales systems
Great experience
Yoga Instructor (Current Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJSeptember 18, 2018
Enjoyed my time there very much. Would work with them again. I knew what was expected of me anf was provided what I needed in order to do my job. I recieved my training here and was accepted immediately into the fold. The hardest part of the job was just the location with my family's schedule.
Productive and Fun partitime job
Assistant Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VASeptember 17, 2018
I really much enjoyed working at the kids department because I love children, the interaction with the emoployees was fun and it was so great joy to see the children leaving happy after the planed activities, Life time was was a fun place for theres lots to do and plenty of activities to organize and have fun.
Pros
Fun, fitness
Cons
management changes a lot and pay is low.
Very nice place however
Life Café Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  ArizonaSeptember 16, 2018
Very nice place to work and with a free membership that makes it pretty nice to work there. However, there are too many corporate expectations that are often difficult to achieve and rarely does give out any sort of positive recognition. Gym is open 24/7 so sometimes you will have to work late which if it coordinates with your schedule shouldn’t be a problem. Takes a while to promote from within.
Awful
Instructor (part-time) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 14, 2018
This place has the potential to be great but unfortunately the management are very unprofessional and petty. Constant gossiping and backstabbing. Extremely intense work and training involved with no breaks while getting paid minimum wage. Not worth the stress. They expect you to do the job of a professional while not appreciating you, treating you horribly and paying you nothing. No one cares if you have any complaints as the company culture is run on a pyramid scheme and they rely on burning out young people and paying them nothing so they can profit. Sad because it actually has potential to be a great place--beautiful facilities. I have never been treated so poorly in my life. There is no sense of team and they are never empathy about you as a person you are a disposable robot to them and they use you to make a quick buck. It's terrible. If they treated their employees better and actually paid what you're worth and fostered team development they would retain employees more and have a better reputation.
Pros
membership
Cons
multiple
great job
League Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 11, 2018
just a completely fun place to work. Great work life ratio, work at your own pace, never worry about someon.e standing over your shoulders constantly nagging you
Lifetime Fitness
FACILITIES OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, PASeptember 11, 2018
Lifetime creates a welcoming experience to members and employees. There is room to grow within the growing industry with the other locations they are building within the next 2 years.
Fun workplace
Kids Academy Team Member (Current Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILSeptember 9, 2018
I enjoy working at lifetime in the kids academy, however I feel as though it doesn't pay quite enough but it's decent. I love the management and my coworkers, as it feels like a family.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Can't call in- have to get your shift covered
Not a great place for a career
Café Team Member (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 9, 2018
I had a horrible experience, and I would not recommend this place if you are a college student looking for a part-time job. The management seems to not care about its employees and would rather hire new people than address problems within.
All around unfair
Operations (Current Employee) –  Ellisville, MOSeptember 5, 2018
While I love my coworkers and the members here, I have a hard time enjoying my time here. Operations doesn’t get the best treatment in the building, everyone expects you to drop whatever you’re doing to solve their problem, even if it’s just a spider in the drawer or something silly. Shifts are always understaffed, and other departments only complain when you can’t assist them ASAP. The front desk repeatedly asks operations to cover a 30 minute shift for the front desk to take a break, but it’s conveniently timed to where only Ops can cover it. This might not be as big of an issue if there were more than two people in ops at the time.

Aquatics routinely messes up their scheduling and as a result, at times there’s no morning guard or midnight guard. Which should result in the pool being shut down, for legal reasons. However, to avoid complaints management looks the other way and suggests that ops watch the pool during these times. A task that operations is not trained for.

The job isn’t glamorous. We clean the bathrooms and locker rooms, maintain the club as a whole, and make sure towels are clean and available. Members will stop and tell us that they appreciate our hard work, and that’s the only part that’s keeping me going at this point. Management doesn’t show appreciation towards operations.

Pay rate is low for the quantity of work given and the quality of work that’s expected.
Pros
Free membership, friendly members
Cons
Scheduling, low pay, belittled
Does not take care of employees
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COSeptember 4, 2018
Serious situation brought workers comp into play, did not receive any information from department head for a week and never received any workers compensation due to the lack of communication by department head and supervisor.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
Rough on employees, bad retention rate, inconsistent management
Fun friendly and caring
Lifeguard (Seasonal) (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 2, 2018
Nothing but great things to say I’ve enjoyed every bit or working for lifetime.
I was always treated fairly and like being apart of a family.
I would recommend anyone to work for lifetime.
Not a secure/stable income, poor management
Hairstylist/Colorist (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 31, 2018
There was no security in clientele, there was poaching going on and management promoting such behavior just to get clients in the chair. Didn't feel secure or protected by management. There is no seniority there, the longer you work there the worse you are treated. Exact opposite of any salon I have ever worked at.
Horrible, chaingang, non-stop, workload.
Facilities Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Shelby Twp, MIAugust 31, 2018
Hard, non-stop workload.

Very low pay.

Non-caring, incompetent management.

Unfair, lazy employees to have to work with.

Not enough people to handle the excessive workload.
Fun Workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Laguna Niguel, CAAugust 29, 2018
Great team members and leaders. Gym facility is very clean and organized. Members always give us big smiles. Everyone is in high spirits and it helps motivate you to do a great job.
overly demanding with little pay
HRIS Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNAugust 28, 2018
I wasted 7 years of my life there thinking that if I just stuck it out I would get a raise or promotion. Managers would hold weekly one-on-ones and tell you that you are doing a wonderful job but were encouraged to write up a sub par employee review.
Fun fast paced environment
LifeCafe Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 28, 2018
Faced paced-and fun. Great job advancement opportunities as well. Easy going, friendly people to collaborate with. Management was very hands on and fair.
Pros
Discounts on gym membership
Cons
Dept I worked in overworked me and pay wasn’t fair
Was a good seasonal Job.
Camp Advisor (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 27, 2018
seasonal position, if you are good with kids,

A typical day would be coming into work and planning activities for the recipients of the camp counselors program.