Life Time Employee Reviews

Found 2,046 reviews matching the search See all 2,094 reviews
LTF is amazing
LifeCafe Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHJanuary 14, 2019
As much as i used to complain when I worked here, it really isn't all that bad. The guests (for the most part) are pretty cool, some of them are celebrities. The other team members are somewhat of a LifeTime family. I have nothing but good things to say about being a full time worker at LifeTime fitness.
Pros
great atmosphere, free gym membership, discounts
Cons
some guests are mean, very little time off
Cut throat and good old boys culture
Member Engagement Advisor (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, IAJanuary 13, 2019
100% commissionable which puts uncontrollable stress and pressure with your job. Also if you weren’t one of the boys or in the inner circle you would be phased out quickly. Very cut throat and regardless of how hard you work or deliver results if you weren’t one of them you will never move up.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Salary pay, work culture, management, no advancement for those who are not part of the click
Productive and well maintained workplace
Head Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Current Employee) –  Syosset, NYJanuary 10, 2019
All staff and managers are friendly and dedicated to their jobs, building is well kept and maintained. Offer a lot of different things besides just the gym such as the spa, indoor and outdoor pools, cafes and the rock climbing room.
Pros
respectful staff, very sanitary and well maintained
fun
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJanuary 10, 2019
i loved the job while i was there. But the i had unfortunately could not balance college and full time employment and needed to separate myself to get my degree
Low pay, No Overtime
Camp counselor, aquatics supervisor, operations (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 10, 2019
I literally slaved away to get a decent paycheck. I like that I got a free membership and I made great friends there and enjoyed the work environment most of the time, but i had no life outside of lifetime. That’s not how it goes for everyone because many people just do one job there and it’s typically part time with low pay. I needed a good paycheck so I worked as often as I could. You aren’t allowed to go over 40 hrs per week in one department so I would work between 60-70 hrs per week between two or three departments. Here’s the kicker... NO OVERTIME PAY. Even though it’s the same company, since i was working in different departments the payment sources were different! Therefore, no overtime pay for my 70 hr/ 7 day work-week. Rant over.

Good luck if you get a job there, not an awful place to work but definitely a temporary job for most people.
Experience of a Life Time.
Tennis Manager (Current Employee) –  Urbandale, IAJanuary 9, 2019
Working at Life Time has been a rewarding experience. I learned a tremendous amount from customer service to running a business in my almost 5 year tenure with the company. I always felt supported by upper management and given an opportunity to grow and succeed.
In short Lifetime feels like a very fake environment, cult-like
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAJanuary 8, 2019
Managers at lifetime do not care about their employees, they idealize a mindless employee who smiles when getting yelled at by a customer even if in the wrong. If you don't share the same "thrilled to serve a customer!" emotion all of the time you don't fit in with lifetime employees. It goes beyond good and appropriate customer service and is forcing one to be happy too much. weird place to work, do not recommend.
Pros
get to use the gym and that is the only pro.
Good place to work at and learn the ins and outs within a corporation
LifeCafe Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 8, 2019
A typical day included meal prepping for customers, making food or smoothies for customers and members, ordering inventory and restocking our supplies as well. I learned a lot as a supervisor on how to successfully manage employees and used this knowledge effectively. The hardest part of the job was the different customer complaints and how to work with the customer to ensure they are satisfied with the outcome. I enjoyed working for the company and all my peers as well.
Productive and fun work environment
Studio Manager (Former Employee) –  Colleyville, TXJanuary 8, 2019
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Lifetime and would highly recommend it to anyone. I often regret leaving such an amazing company.

The mission statement really does drive everything at Lifetime.
Pros
Stay in shape and make a living
Cons
Long work hours to include holidays.
Lifetime
Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXJanuary 7, 2019
I worked in Child Care and the manager at the time was alright at what she did, things weren't very well organized and the child to employee ratio was always off. there were either too many employees or not enough
ok
Party Supervisor (currently seasonal) (Current Employee) –  Skokie, ILJanuary 6, 2019
The management is awful, but the job comes with a lot of perks including a free membership and flexible hours. There is also the opportunity to pick up hours during school breaks.
Pros
free membership, great environment, discounted items, flexible hours
Cons
management
Knowledge that I was doing an important job.
Spanish Teacher (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh PAJanuary 6, 2019
I think this section refers to the time I was a tutor for 14 years. I also worked as a teacher part time but I have always maintained a presence as a tutor. I continue to tutor today. I have worked with children as young as 6 and adults in their 70's.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Not having a fixed income.
A beneficial learning experience, but not a terminal career
Rock Wall Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 6, 2019
While working at this location, both through child care, and the rock wall, I certainly learned a great deal, and subsequently made friends that I have to this day. Lifetime is a phenomenal place to be a member, however it does not treat its employees well. This is to say that their pay is very low, given the expectations of the labor, there is very little in the way of support structure, and the company does very little to entice their employees to stay. The day to day workings were quite positive, as the other employees were characteristically pleasant company, and this made the aforementioned shortcomings bearable. That said, the management itself made the overall experience less than ideal, especially as an area supervisor that had to interact at that level more regularly.
Pros
Positive environment with fellow employees
Cons
Negligible pay, lack of breaks, poor staff training, and under-staffing
Believe in the mission
Manager (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJanuary 5, 2019
The mission of Life Time is what drives the company- showing a culture of care is extremely important to Life Time. This is a fast paced profit driven company. Must be able to be innovative and adapt.
Good part time job
Swim Instructor and Party Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lakeville, MNJanuary 5, 2019
Worked here my senior year of high school. I loved the ability to work in different departments within the club. The hours were very flexible. Management was great! Nothing bad to say
All talk and no action
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  MNJanuary 5, 2019
For a company attempting to scale as rapidly as this one, there is a frightening amount of turnover in all departments and all positions supported only by lack of proper management for middle level to in club general managers.

To many people doing their own thing and not aligned to any sort of company vision or goals. Many of the general managers have a Napoleon complex and treat their employees horribly.
Pros
Large company, a lot of jobs available
Cons
K. Siegel - middle management
Fun community
Yoga Teacher (Current Employee) –  North Austin, TXJanuary 5, 2019
Great place to work! It feels as if you're working with friends who share a common interest of health and wellness and who love helping others get to their goals.
Camp Director (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJanuary 4, 2019
Lifetime is a very fun place to work, but it is want you to know going in that you have to work weekends and when you ask for a day off you have to get someone to cover your shift. You do not just get it off.
Pros
free membership
benefits
Loved working at LifeTime
Member Engagement Advisor (Former Employee) –  Syosset, NYJanuary 4, 2019
I loved the people I worked with. I originally loved the fact that the job was 100% commission, as I like to work hard. But no matter how hard you work, especially in such a seasonal business as health clubs, the pay can be extremely inconsistent. For example, you can make a killing in January (whether or not you even work too hard), because everyone wants to start their "New Year's Resolutions." But then, at the end of the summer, for instance, it's much more difficult to make even close to that. I would still recommend working there, though.
not as great as it seems
Massage Therapist • LifeSpa (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJanuary 3, 2019
they force you to sell retail or your paycheck takes a cut. prices were way too high which made client retention difficult. did not market to people outside of the gym
Pros
free membership, cafe discounts, spa discount services
Cons
spa manager, lack of clientele

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Life Time. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight