Life University Employee Reviews

N/a
Coach Assistant/Liaison (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAApril 24, 2018
i dont remember anything about working at life.the co work are very nice and the stu are great. the Compass is beautiful. I loved the office space and
Fine
Classroom Supervisor National Standardized Tests (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 2, 2018
I worked as an independent contractor and was not on the school payroll. Therefore, I cannot give an assessment based on being an employee of the university.
Pros
flexible
Resident Assistant
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 18, 2018
It was a great job to learn about other cultures and communities on campus. I enjoyed having colleagues that really cared about what they were doing. My experience was great overall.
Pros
Easy to change hours and fit your schedule
Cons
Micro-managing
Enjoy teaching
Part-time adjunct faculty (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 8, 2018
Students are most enjoyable part of job as teaching. I've worked here full time many years ago and enjoyed it while working there. Management varies, depending on department you work in.
Educational Work
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 1, 2018
Was an excellent working environment and experience, even though the job was for a short period of time. I have a good learning experience. Work with other healthcare professional and athlete help me to grow as a young chiropractor.
Benefits Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 4, 2018
Even though I loved working in benefits, there was a lot of work because the HRIS system was outdated and I had to complete the work in two different systems that did not sync.
Great learning experience
ASSISTANT COACH, WOMEN'S VARSITY RUGBY (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GANovember 14, 2017
My rugby coaching position was a paid student internship. I learned a lot about leading, management, giving and receiving feedback, and planning. Most rewarding part was seeing my players grow.
Lackluster
TESOL Instructor (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CASeptember 19, 2017
The management at LIFE University was in flux when I was there. So, I cannot afford an update review. I created an effective and comprehensive curriculum for the TESOL program prior to teaching at LIFE; however, I cannot confirm that the program or the curriculum is still offered.
Friendly
Dean COC Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 13, 2017
The job atmosphere is generally hectic when its the beginning of a quarter and around graduation time. The staff is generally friendly and are quick to answer questions.
Pros
friendly, quiet
Cons
salary
Great Mission
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 10, 2017
Great mission. You must be highly flexible to work here. The greatest challenge is management and high turn over rates in the various departments. Be prepared to change.
Working for Life was a life changing experience in every way!
Transcript Evaluator (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 9, 2017
Life University being a chiropractic school has an excellent philosophy that carries through from the medicinal nature of the curriculum to the work place as well, Life's philosophy is based on Vitalism, which is a holistic way of living channeling, spinal health to physical and mental alignment, very cool place to have worked.
Pros
Vitalism Philosophy
Cons
Too far out for commute
Great Philosophy, but poor execution of philosophy
Financial Aid Counselor (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 13, 2017
I valued the overall vision of the university; however, some (not all) of the individual management operated on their own personal beliefs and values, which downgraded the overall organizational values therefore diminishing the organizational vision and creating low morale and low employee job satisfaction.
Productive and active place to work.
Assistant Volleyball Coach (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 3, 2017
Life University is a vibrant and growing eclectic small, private University. It's location just outside of Atlanta gives the students a nice mix of city and Urban living. The people who work at Life U truly care about their students and it shows in everything that happens around the University.
Pros
Great mic of small college experience, but there is access to the City of Atlanta at the students fingertips.
Cons
Small college with not as many majors as some larger Universities.
Great establishment to work with and for
Audio Visual Technician (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 2, 2017
My time at Life University has been wonderful. I have learned that hard work is something you must endure with any job. Life university provided my an opportunity to learn and develop my skills.
Pros
flexible hours and friendly staff
Cons
Not enough time in the day to learn
GA at Life
GA athletic trainer (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GADecember 5, 2016
Working as a GA at Life was a great learning experience. I was able to develop my communication and resourcefulness. I would recommend the position to anyone starting out in their Athletic Training carrier.
Pros
Tons of recourses to learn from
Cons
Hours
Tense and repressive atmosphere
Student Success Ctr, Testing Room Coord (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GANovember 9, 2016
Atmosphere of distrust and suspicion. Warmth and friendliness were replaced by paranoia and retaliation.I enjoyed the student interactions, didn't mind the paperwork, and the peer-to-peer relationships were good, but autonomy with problem-solving was discouraged, if not forbidden. We were not allowed to use our own judgment based on our considerable experience. Even the simplest decision was a 5-step, committee-driven experience. There was video surveillance in all but 2 offices. The interest of the student was secondary to the protection of the administration and its members. There was no flexibility; the rules were fixed and immovable.
At one time it was a pleasurable environment to work in. It is not anymore.
Pros
401K, tuition grants, paid holidays
Cons
Repressive atmosphere
Ensure AV equipment was woking for the professors.
Student work study as a AV technician (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 13, 2016
Working as an AV tech was very enjoyable because the job allowed interactions with professors of the university. Great opportunity to make extra money while studying. Also, very enjoyable working with co workers while studying. The hardest part of the job was working events at night during mid terms or finals.
Pros
Great work/study job
Cons
working while studying is difficult
Great Internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 21, 2016
This internship pushed me to improve in ways I wasn't aware I needed. I learned a lot about myself and the world of dietetics. It was a great learning experience.
Great workplace which connected me with many mentors.
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 9, 2016
I was an intern in financial aid and conduct revues board. I filed paper document to electronic copies in both positions.
productive
Basic Science Secretary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJuly 11, 2016
The office manager and other staff was very friendly and fun to be around. They are willing to work with you with your hours and the environment was very quite for studying as well.