LIFEGUARD AMBULANCE SERVICE Employee Reviews

Dont waste your time with this company
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  SCAugust 10, 2018
Takes months for HR to even get you started. They don't care about people at all. They take on contracts then realize they have nobody to run all the calls.
Pros
Cons
Ineffcient
Everyday was a different experience
Paramedic/Firefighter (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 31, 2018
I love and definitely enjoy helping others, any way possible. Everyday was full of suspsense and smiles. I absolutely adored my partner which makes your work day go by alot smoother.
terrible place to work
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLJuly 4, 2018
worst job ever have been a paramedic for 15 years and have worked other places and the total disregard for the safety of the employees is ridiculous and if you stand up for yourself they will get rid of you
Pros
its a job
Cons
garbage people in management
Great place to work!
Medical Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 15, 2018
I worked for this company for almost 4 years. I was very pleased with my position, unfortunately, unforeseen circumstances caused my departure, but I have absolutely have nothing bad to say about this company. Lifeguard was like a big family to me! It was a very good place to work with a very competitive salary.
Pros
Recognized for good deeds!
Cons
Short breaks
Family atmosphere
Flight Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 3, 2018
Over all, great company. Recently sold and sold again causing staffing, pay, benefit and location changes without warning. Local management unable to retain standards or disclose future changes in a timely manner.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Sold twice within a year
Very stressful
Basic emt (Current Employee) –  Lamar County, MSMay 10, 2018
Upper management was the problem. Initially it was good then they changed up and it crashed. No room for advancement, forget experience that doesn’t matter they will pick a LT with leads than two yrs exp over a paramedic with 20 years. They don’t believe in rest run all day then begin transfer out of town after midnight. Crews tired didn’t matter got to make a dollar.
Pros
Cons
To many to list
Wouldn't recommend
911 and Critical Care Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, OKApril 22, 2018
This can be a very hostile work environment. Was told I wouldn't have to do ldt from other service areas, but that was not the case. They don't care about employees.
Productivie workplace with no good feed-back from management
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 27, 2018
Management is not fair at recognizing all employees. Management need to be more open minded. The company was a mom and pop now it is corporate and now a very happy place of employment. Human Resource can't be trusted.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Bonus Changes, Management, Human Resource.
Stay Away
AEMT (Current Employee) –  Waverly, TNMarch 4, 2018
Recently we had an incident and a good crew was terminated due to their reaction to a hostile work environment. Think twice before applying here. Crews are vendictive. HR does horrible job with investigating complaints, they are one sided.
Pros
Cons
Lack of support.
Not good
Employee (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 14, 2018
Benefits are horrible. Management doesn't know what they are doing or too busy trying to be your friend. They are also very biased and play favoritism to their friends and it's very obvious so just be very careful. They will try to work you as much as you will let them. Turnover has been so high within the pass month. They will pay you as low as a base pay as you will let them so watch out.
Pros
Friendly Crew Mbrs, Cool Colleagues
Cons
Low pay, Horrible Benefits

Want to know more about LIFEGUARD AMBULANCE SERVICE?

Ask a question
Worst EMS job I've ever worked.
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLJanuary 28, 2018
If you want to work without bathroom and meal breaks for base pay, this is the place for you. Poor management, low pay, expected to fudge reports to get the highest billing rates, and no job security. Bosses sleeping with co-workers and being expected to drive long distances without any way to sleep provided for 24 hour shifts, sometimes longer than 24 hours, was common. If you are unable to take an overtime shift, it is very likely that you will be denied future overtime, even when specifically asking for extra hours. I was warned about the favoritism before I started. Unbelievable.
Pros
Tons of hours if they like you
Cons
Low pay, bad ethics, unsafe driving practices
Very much enjoyed the work, atmosphere and peers
Supply (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, AL / Birmingham, ALDecember 29, 2017
I did my very best for this company and enjoyed working there, although corporate office (who only reads spreadsheets to run a company and not their employees' work ethics) can and will blindside you and relieve you of your duties, ie, job. I would still be there today, otherwise. Sad really.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Job security
Workplace
Basic Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Weatherford, OKDecember 28, 2017
Due to the larger size of the company it runs much smoother than the smaller services in the area. It is organized with rules and regulations in place to help both you and the patients.
Worst ambulance servic ever
Paramedic Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALDecember 10, 2017
This is one of the worst places to work! There are constant threats about your job, constant emails that are very unclear, the company lies, does the minimum to keep you in equipment, and management is a complete joke...find somewhere else!
Pros
Not a single thing
Cons
Too many to list
Loved the job
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Milton, FLNovember 26, 2017
Did non-emergency transports of patients both local and long distance. Cleaned and stocked ambulance. Trained new EMTs.
Hardest part was sometimes extremely long hours, most enjoyable part of the job was the patients and being able to help people, it was very rewarding.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Very long hours
Worst place to work!
EMT-B (Former Employee) –  Gulf Shores, ALNovember 20, 2017
This company is a joke! They never have enough people to cover Trucks. They are the worst paying company that I've ever worked for! Don't even get me started on management! Lots of empty promises from management to employees.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Too many to list
Good place to work if you are really wanting to work
EMT-B (Current Employee) –  Gadsden, ALOctober 9, 2017
The office I work out of takes a ton of long transports. So expect 1 hour to 2 hours transports.Crews are for the most part hard working and professional. Their benefits are ok but health insurance is high.The pay is the highest in our area and our equipment is only so so
Pros
Tons of overtime and pay is solid
Cons
Insurance is high and they run you to death
Poor management and never have enough medics to fill positions
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TXOctober 1, 2017
They will fire without warning over stupid reasons unless you are butt buddies with management.they will promise advancement opportunities and never follow through.
Pros
Slow system
Cons
Poor management and low pay
Lifeguard Ambulance Service
Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 30, 2017
The owner of the company was a complete joy but, the management team was horrible. They feared knowledge and new ideas. Managers where more concerned with the time clock than production. No appreciation for great employees.
Pros
Owner is very appreciative of employees
great
mechanic (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALSeptember 23, 2017
working there was nice, it was like family. I got along with everyone, and all the work got done and you still had fun. It was hard leaving behind the friends I made.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LIFEGUARD AMBULANCE SERVICE. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8