Lifeline Connections

Lifeline Connections Employee Reviews

a typical day
I loved the team I worked with. We worked well to provide the best possible treatment services. Even though the job can be stressful our department had fun and was able to be light hearted with the day to day dealings with patient care. Great place to work if they had more competitive wages.
September 30, 2019
Thank you for your feedback! We are always looking for ways to provide an overall competitive benefits package, including wage & market analyses for agency positions and implementing our annual merit increase program. If you have any recommendations for changes/additions, please feel free to contact HR at employment@lifelineconnections.org so we can chat further!
UA Tech
Some clients were nice to conversation with, but other then that I dont really have much to say about the drug testing area. A lot of unfriendly people
September 30, 2019
We appreciate your review, and we are saddened to hear about your negative experience in your department. As an agency, one of our main goals is to provide a safe and collaborative work environment that reflects our agency values. We would welcome the opportunity to speak with you further about this, please reach out to our HR department at employment@lifelineconnections.org
Overall it was a good place to work!
I enjoyed the two years I spent at Lifeline, there are pros and cons with any employer however, I really enjoyed most of the people I worked with and we definitely had fun at work. I would have stayed yet the salary was very poor and they don't pay base on experience, the staff talk and most clinicians start off at $18 an hour no matter how many years of experience you have, I just could not afford to stay, not when I could make 2-3 times my salary at other agencies in the area or even Portland. I made more money at another company in the area than I did at Lifeline even before I gained my license and that's sad, because I got like a $1.20 raise after the first year then when I obtained my licensed I gained another $1, they actually do good work there, they just need to make the salary or hourly wages competitive. The cost living is going up in Vancouver and If I didn't have other means of income I would've seriously been in the poor house!
July 8, 2019
Thank you for giving us your feedback! We greatly appreciate any insight we can get as to how we can better improve our agency and support staff. We strive to offer an exceptional total compensation package, and understand that wage can play an important part. We have been fortunate to offer merit increases in years past and we continue to do wage and market analysis on positions to assist us in the recruiting and retention of qualified staff. Thank you for the time and dedication you gave to us during your employment. If you have any additional feedback, please do not hesitate to contact our HR department at employment@lifelineconnections.org
Would not work here
This place has bad management practices, there was not an opportunity for advancement. The hours of work were not the best and not enough staff to help in gender specific positions.
July 8, 2019
Thank you for letting us know about your experience. Our management practices are in line with our mission and values. If you are open to providing us with additional information that may better support our staff, please contact us at employment@lifelineconnections.org
Great Place to work. Love it
I have been with Lifeline Connections for over 9 years. The people are all like family. The management is great. They all possess qualities I would like to see in myself. The management has worked with me to help me advance in the company. This is a great place to work!
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
N/a
July 8, 2019
Thank you for your years of dedication to our agency and community members!
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Former Employee
Management needs to be more helpful to their employees. Never yell and cut down your employees. Better listening skills are needed by management. It is great that they can make so much money and not care about the people that work for them. It is a shame that the employees can be talked down to by HR and other management personnel and nothing happens to them. They need people skills training. Don't ask for anything.
Pros
Cons
Hard to get health insurance cards, disrespect towards the employees
July 10, 2019
That is unfortunate to hear and we will work to continue building a supportive environment agency wide. We strive to provide an environment that promotes open and positive communication, and will make sure to review these issues with our leadership team.
Had fun, nights to newbies
Newbies get night shift that’s from 6pm-12am or 6pm-6am, if you have transportation issues you will have a hard time working there, other tha. That it’s amazing place to work at
Pros
Free food, fun
Cons
Night shift
July 11, 2019
Thank you for your review! Our inpatient units operate on 12 hour shifts, as they are 24/7 units. Inpatient employees are hired for day, swing, and grave shifts based on current position openings. If you are interested in reapplying in the future, please reach out to employment@lifelineconnections.org
Rewarding
Help people achieve there potential.
Help them find the resources they need to be a productive member in society.

Help people find good recovery

Listen to them.

Pick up clients from hospitals, police calls, and AMR

Drive a 15 passenger

Pick up clothing, food, and hygiene to give to the homeless
July 11, 2019
Thank you for your time at our agency and for supporting our patients and community members!
Amazing job, bad pay, no management
The patients and the company and what they stand for as a whole are amazing. Lack of ANY management and pay brought me to quit. It is a wonderful place to work with decent hours if you CAN GET a full time position. But staff makes it feel like a high school drama tv show. We went several months without a manager to go to or a counselor to refer patients to. The turnover rate is around 92%, so there is never anyone for coverage if something happens. Higher ups told staff to break WA state law on patient to staff ratio, no paid beaks on 12 HOUR SHIFTS, and the starting pay is around $12/ph for a CNA credentialed person. If you have more love for patient care over all the bull that goes on, apply!
Pros
Wonderful patients, rewarding job
Cons
No breaks, No management, Low pay
July 11, 2019
Thank you for your support in what we stand for. Within the last year, our agency has brought on new members of management, who are working to better our units and staff resources. We have also added an annual merit increase program!
culture
There is a lot of back stabbing and not a lot of good communication between staff members and their supervisors. Supervisor took the word of another employee regardless of proof that they were lying. Cant trust you supervisors to objective
Pros
the clients are awesome to work with mostly
Cons
staff is not respectful of other staff and often not of the clients
July 11, 2019
As an agency, we promote positive work environments and collaborative communication that is in line with our agency values. Your feedback will be reviewed by our leadership team, thank you.
A lot of work, very little pay.
The company tries to help the community by enabling their patients with a ton of government assistance. They only pay minimum wage with no performance reviews or raises. They will only provide a raise if it is federally required.
Pros
Paid luch hour and meal provided.
Cons
You work while you eat.
July 11, 2019
In recent years, the agency has implemented many new changes including annual merit increases, wage and market analysis, and collaborative annual reviews! We work to increase the agency's total compensation. If you are interested in hearing more about our updated benefits, please reach out to employment@lifelineconnections.org
Love my job, yet still have issues
I work at lifeline because I love the Patients. I love helping others. It's my passion. This is my dream field. The problem is too many people love to cause problems for others. I've over worked for this company, done more than asked. Go above And beyond and then get in trouble. They dont give merrit baised raises. The management listens to gossip over their own employees. The pay is super low. I could be make at least $5.00 more somewhere else, but I truly have a passion for what I do. I think most of us are here because we have a passion for our job. It cant be the pay.
Pros
I love my job
Cons
Low pay
Was beneficial for me to learn insurance
Although the job was not what I expected, there were many people I worked with who were great and helpful. I learned a lot and feel that I can take my experiences and utilize them for any future job position.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
the job was not as expected
Interesting place to gain some experience
Lifeline is a great place to start gaining some hands on experience with patients. It made me very comfortable in my communication skills, which has proved beneficial. It is great to feel like you are making a difference in your patient's lives, but can be a hostile environment at times.
Pros
Free meals (in some areas), flexible scheduling
Cons
low wages, quick turnover
Very nice
Lifeline's detoxification unit is an overall, warm and accepting environment for both patient's and employees. The supervisors are compassionate and forgiving, and the patients and staff are largely non-judgemental. Exciting workflow with a wide variety of patients in various mental states. Some nights are calm, other nights have hallucinators running out the back door.
Pros
Free food.
Cons
Low pay
Great place to work. The wage sucks, but the benefits are wonderful
Lifeline is non-profit which is most likely why the pay is so little. With having experience and education to move on to something that pays more I continue to stay at Lifeline because they are community based. They are there to help the individual get and stay clean and sober. They care about there employess by providing luncheons and celebrating employment anniversaries and providing random kudos. The benefits are fantastic. No out of pocket pay, they provide all that for you.
Pros
Benefits, lots of PTO, caring team
Cons
The pay
Improved agency with great work perks
This agency has come a long way with the new CEO completely turning things around. The company is expanding their services, offering better benefits and more regular bonuses/raises to employees, and doing everything they can to help people in need. You can tell everyone really cares about the work they are doing and the bosses don't micromanage.
Pros
management, flexibility/freedom, benefits
Great experience
Working for lifeline taught me to see recovery from more than just a 12 step approach. I learned how to be empathetic, flexible, and I was able to hear what the needs of the residents were by shutting down my brain, and placing myself in their shoes.
Pros
free meals
Cons
Newer comprehensive facility that married local services from other community based providers
I came o this job to organize and run a facility that had recently opened and lacked management. As clinical director I spent 6 years building an agency into the premier Mental Health and Chemical Dependency agency in the area.
Pros
Positive experience growing a new agency.
Cons
Lack of adequate funding by State and Count at times.
Great community to serce
Pay needs to increase especially due to the amount of work hours and effort needed to work for this company. However the amazing community connections you can make and the patients we serve make the job worth it !!
Low pay for more stree
Place has the worst compensation I have seen in the medical field. To be offered 11.00 for an authorization specialist is insulting and the Washington minimum wage. I could make more money working at a grocery store with less stress.