LifeLong Medical Care Employee Reviews

enjoyed working
EHR Implementation and Clinical Trainer (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAJune 21, 2018
very good place to work, loved and enjoyed working. coworkers are great, manager was very helpful and understanding. learned a lot about EHR. great working environment.
Amazing caring people
General Compliance intern (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAFebruary 13, 2018
Lifelong Medical Care is a great place to work and has some of the most caring amazing people that I've ever met. Patients and staff are both extremely diverse. In fact, this is the most diverse place that I've ever worked.
Pros
Space to grow.
Cons
Wages
Horrible Company stay away.
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAJanuary 31, 2018
Don't work here!!! This company only cares about money which is disputable.They don't care about there patient's . There is no patient care here. Patient can never get appointments with there providers or they never return patients calls Staff in the medical clinic don't care about the patient's either. I would never recommend anyone to bring there loves one here for medical care. Stay away from the call center alot of turn over. Supervisor and Director of call center are horrible very unprofessional ,alot of favoritism, rude racists, sacartic talking bad about other employees and fake they both will set u up for failure if they don't like you. Rules only apply to certain people. They both stress there employees out and very micromanaging control freaks and treat you with no RESPECT & speak to you like you are a child.Employees always walking on egg shells with both of them. They would make you feel incompetent or have attitude for asking questions which were not in the book on how to schedule correctly for clinic.. The call center is a Joke. STAY AWAY FROM THIS NON PROFIT ORGANIZATION.
Bathroom are disgusting at the Bancroft location.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Unprofessinal work enivorment, micromanagement alot of turn over
Educational
Credentialing Assistant/Provider Enrollment (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CANovember 25, 2017
Always lots to do and lots to learn.
Good place for a first job out of college.
Very diverse and the people are willing to help and assist a newbie like myself.
productive workplace
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CANovember 15, 2017
Everything about this job is amazing. Everyday was a good day with a good challenge. The staff is wonderful to work with. It is stress free and very flexible when it comes to needing time off or getting sick. vey understanding of those who have children that need extra time off. you are able to make up for lost hours and always available to do overtime if needed.
great place to start off in your carreer
Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Pablo, CANovember 8, 2017
Lifelong is a great for students fresh out of school that need hands on, we like to give everyone an opportunity.
Lifelong staff is very family oriented and willing to help anyone in need.
LifeLong Medical Care
Health An Information Tech/Front Office (Current Employee) –  Berkeley, CAJune 14, 2017
I have learned so much about medical from this job. It has been amazing working for LifeLong Medical Care. My understanding of health is wide, I now how to apply for healt insurance amd my medical terminology is advanced.
great team
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAJune 9, 2017
While I was getting trained on EHR the staff was very helpful which was a great help to me. The patients were also great. That place overall has a great healthcare system.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Productive day at work
Certified Enrollment Counselor (Current Employee) –  Berkeley, CAApril 26, 2017
Assist walk-ins and prescreen them when they come in requesting enrollment assistance.
Verify insurances (Mcal, private, Medicare ext).
Translate if needed.
Assist in enrollment/renewing Medi-Cal and Cal Fresh.
Provide enrollment assistance with CoveredCA.
Assist co-workers when needed, regarding insurance questions.
Work close with our school base and verify our patients insurance and notify the parents when they need to renew.
Work on timely reports handed by my manager.
Answer calls regarding new patient enrollment (assist registering) and also verifying appointments.
Register for our Dental office too.
Pros
Being able to help others
Very good environment for learning
Medical Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 16, 2017
It's a great company to start your career in the health care field. There are opportunities for growth. One could be a MA, RN or a Physician. There are many locations to choose from. They are always hiring. The benefits are excellent.
Pros
One will learn a lot
Cons
Does not pay well
Productive and Fun workplace
Medical Assistant II/Referral Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pinole, CAMarch 27, 2017
I am very fortunate to work in the office that I am currently at. We are a fairly new office open for a little over a year and are still building our patient panel. The manage here is great although she runs 3 sites and is only here 2 days a week, she always meets the needs of our clinic. I think the hardest part of my job is the resources in Contra Costa County are very limited and when I refer a patient out there is a very long waiting period to see most specialists.
Pros
Lunch is sometimes provided
Cons
Compensation
Productive and fun work enviorment with the Case Manager.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMarch 27, 2017
I worked as an Office Assistant for the Case Manager of the building. Were I learned many skills such as filing, organization, customer service skills.
Only worked as an Extern
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Pablo, CAMarch 10, 2017
I gained the EHR training I needed to further my career, during my time as an extern with Lifelong Medical. The flow is very fast paced that part of my job I did enjoy.
Good, diverse helpful health care organization for and by the community
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAJanuary 3, 2017
Eight plus hours of administrative clinic operations, via emails, organizations website, and onsite, running and overseeing, Staff development,supervision and conflict resolution. Consistent Patient customer service and satisfaction, problem solving as needed..Co-workers pretty great, caring, diverse, helpful, team players for the most part.

The hardest part, I would say always understanding certain policies and or implementing new changes, like fees, coverage flexibility, that doesn't always benefit the patient or employee.

I really enjoyed serving the community providing all possible help, assistance and support.

Upper management changed a couple of years ago, becoming a bit too corporate, and focus on high degrees as opposed to experience and knowledge to my taste
No room for growth
Patients Accounts Rep (Current Employee) –  Berkeley, CANovember 29, 2016
I have been in the same position for the past 4 years without being given a clear understanding on how to advance or how to earn a raise. In the 4 years I haven been given one raise after being hired and watched 3 managers go and one person get promoted twice, with out the team even knowing that there was available lead or supervisor positions.
Pros
none to share
Cons
pay, promotions, recognition, flexibility of schedule
enjoyable part of the job
URGENT/IMMEDIATE CARE SERVICES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Berkeley, CANovember 18, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to interact with the patients. My direct supervisor has allowed me to gain independence allowing me to work independently but having the support that is needed.
Fun ambulatory care setting
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CANovember 1, 2016
Very fast paced and fun medical office . I loved the staff and the patients. This is the field for me. The managers are very caring and supportive . The office is very busy and they really assure patient privacy thats what I really like .
Great place to start and learn not to retire.
Eligibility Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAOctober 14, 2016
I loved this place when I was hired. I came from a job where I was over worked and underpaid. Lifelong felt like a new chapter in my life and was a great new start. The pay at the time was great but after a few years with a freeze in bonuses and denial of raises it was not worth it. Especially moving different departments they will pay you less than new hires. Depending on your department there is great team work at times with co-workers. Management does not care about your concerns if they do not come from providers. Advancement is rarely seen and is only given to the inexperienced since there is a lot of favoritism. I have seen management not want to move people into higher paying departments because "you are really great at your job in the position you are in". People working in the same location for 10 + years will not leave as they are comfortable and work is easy for them. One thing about lifelong is that they are flexible when issues arise and you need to rearrange your schedule.
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
lack of communication, poor management
Very Diverse
Triage Assistant/Health Information Clerk (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAAugust 29, 2016
There are so many cultures that work there. It was a great experience. Helping people is the main goal. We all worked well under pressure, and they offered a lot of employee perks.
Team Care
Medical Assistant/CCA (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 18, 2016
Working at Lifelong Medical Care every day was great. Seeing and working with my coworkers motivate me to be great, because of the care and support provided our patients. I've learned to ask questions and support when needed. I've managed how to work well under pressure by not get overwhelmed or hustled to just be finished for the day but completing a task with great efforts provided. My coworkers are amazing from leaders, providers, and all other supporting team. The hardest part of the job for me is not giving all I can to help a patient out and the turn around of many great workers to seek better jobs because of the cost of living. But the most enjoyable part of the job is fun and such a uplifting place where people are caring and patients are such characters. The wellness center program hosting groups and different classes for patients is amazing. Facilitating some of the groups really opens up myself to learn more.
Pros
Caring Team

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LifeLong Medical Care. Our community is ready to answer.

LifeLong Medical Care Reviews by Location