LifeLong Medical Care

LifeLong Medical Care Employee Reviews

Great culture diversity
diversity among patients allow me to experience different cultures and learn what works for each individual patient and what doesn't. I learned that not one single patient is like the last even if they are there for the same exact reason. With Lifelong i have learned three very different systems, learned that they are very hand on which is what i liked the most.
Pros
flexibility, encouragement for growth, hours, pay
Cons
quick to jump on opportunity without thinking it through
Poor organizational culture
Unfortunately, this agency doesn't promote staff from within and is very dysfunctional.They want you to work hard and multi-task but are unwilling to compensate you for all the hard work.
Great For Entry Level
Good place to get your foot in the door about healthcare system. However many flaws throughout system. Work environment not that great, unfair treatment, and under qualified management.
Cons
unfair treatment, pay
Fun environment, high production push
The company culture is very “family-like”. However, there’s a big push for production and if you’re not careful to set boundaries from the beginning, it is easy to burn out.

However, boundaries are well-respected and your colleagues on the frontlines will do everything in their power to help you run smoothly. As you go higher up in the company, things happen more slowly.

As a medical provider, it’s a toss up with whom you co-manage care with. Sometimes the PCP is responsive and helpful. Others are less so.
Great place of employment
Lifelong medical Care was one of the best jobs I ever had. It not only help me grow but was a very small and dedicated family of co-workers. My time spent there was one of the best job I ever had.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Stay away
Not a good place to work for long term . Management is really bad , don’t care about the staff. They’ll pile and pile more work on you don’t care if you are stressed out and already taking on many roles. The supervisor is not very knowledgeable and is not a team player. As a supervisor you should lead as an example. Doesn’t offer training , when I started I had to learn most things on my own
Good for experience, not a place you want to stay
Had it not been for my wonderful co-worker who taught me most of what I learned, I would have been lost with the minimal job training I received from management. Was brought on as a temp and was kept as that the entire time I worked there, even as the person I was covering quit. While I got a good job evaluation score and got along with everyone at my location, management did not want to bring me on as a regular employee with benefits since they "did not have the money" but proceeded to create two new useless positions which did not contribute to or help with the overall congested flow of the clinic.

The final nail on the coffin was when after working for the company for ten months, I was denied the Christmas bonus even though I had received an email that I would. That's when I knew I had to leave.

If you are looking to get experience under your belt, this would be a good start to your career. Overall, they do not pay enough for what they expect from you and management can be incompetent.
fun place to work nice clients and co-workers
This was my first job out of college and I really enjoyed working there and meeting some very nice people. The agency spend a great deal of time making sure staff is alright and up to date on all in house concerns.
Pros
free food, nice parking
Cons
pay was low
I wouldn’t advise anyone to work here
The managers don’t do their jobs and no one holds them accountable and the moment someone on the lower pole does something wrong they are reprimanded. The care they give patients is horrible and behavior health patients really get left behind.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Pay is horrible
good place to learn
its a good place to learn, pays more than some smaller clinics but definitely less pay then other places considering the amount of work we do for our patients. Depending on your position your considered sometimes less than providers,and don't have much say on what we can do and not do or say and what we can not say.
Pros
good work environment, people are willing to help
Cons
little pay, constantly adding extra work to MA's, like they don't have a million things to do already. in a short period of time.
Okay to get your feet wet and start learning but not a job for growth
You don’t get raises, you do extra work and expected to go above and beyond but won’t compensate employees at all. Pts are the main focus which is great but that includes making you look stupid in front of them.
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
No raise, management, no structure
Ok place to work
Typical day involves rooming pts, drawing blood, giving injections, and doing a-lot of other work. TOO much for such little pay. Too many doctors think that ma's are there slaves.
Pros
ok benefits
Cons
doctors have very big egos
Guilt Trip
As a provider, they literally make you feel bad that you are getting paid to do this job. They like to guilt trip you like the patients you have are homeless and they have no money so you should work on them for free. I suppose if you didn't have to worry about money or bills, then you would be fine with this job. At one point, the manager approached me and asked me if I would work for free... that's when it was time to go.
Pros
helping people, especially those with HIV Hepatitis C and Gonorrhea
Cons
they claim to have no money to pay you
Dislike employees Love the patients
Staff are very disgusting. Hardly anyone in that place wash their hands. Majority of Providers are rude look down on you if your not a provider. Oh I love the patients they’re wonderful. I couldn’t wish for better patients.
Pros
1hour lunch patients are wonderful
Cons
Providers are very lazy and tremendously needy
Lifelong Medical Care is a great place to work the people are nice easy to get along with
Lifelong is a great company to work for their mission is to see that all under serve and underprivileged people have a form of healthcare in their time of need
Pros
Really flexible and giving you time off if needed for family challenges
Cons
Competitave pay
enjoyed working
very good place to work, loved and enjoyed working. coworkers are great, manager was very helpful and understanding. learned a lot about EHR. great working environment.
typical day
urgent care given to medical or private insurance, enroll patients, assist with PCP insrtuctions, day to day operations, eligibility of INS. relaying phone calls, faxing filing
Amazing caring people
Lifelong Medical Care is a great place to work and has some of the most caring amazing people that I've ever met. Patients and staff are both extremely diverse. In fact, this is the most diverse place that I've ever worked.
Pros
Space to grow.
Cons
Wages
Horrible Company stay away.
Don't work here!!! This company only cares about money which is disputable.They don't care about there patient's . There is no patient care here. Patient can never get appointments with there providers or they never return patients calls Staff in the medical clinic don't care about the patient's either. I would never recommend anyone to bring there loves one here for medical care. Stay away from the call center alot of turn over. Supervisor and Director of call center are horrible very unprofessional ,alot of favoritism, rude racists, sacartic talking bad about other employees and fake they both will set u up for failure if they don't like you. Rules only apply to certain people. They both stress there employees out and very micromanaging control freaks and treat you with no RESPECT & speak to you like you are a child.Employees always walking on egg shells with both of them. They would make you feel incompetent or have attitude for asking questions which were not in the book on how to schedule correctly for clinic.. The call center is a Joke. STAY AWAY FROM THIS NON PROFIT ORGANIZATION.
Bathroom are disgusting at the Bancroft location.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Unprofessinal work enivorment, micromanagement alot of turn over
Educational
Always lots to do and lots to learn.
Good place for a first job out of college.

Very diverse and the people are willing to help and assist a newbie like myself.
productive workplace
Everything about this job is amazing. Everyday was a good day with a good challenge. The staff is wonderful to work with. It is stress free and very flexible when it comes to needing time off or getting sick. vey understanding of those who have children that need extra time off. you are able to make up for lost hours and always available to do overtime if needed.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at LifeLong Medical Care. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7