LifeMoves Employee Reviews

Great culture, flexible, nice place to work.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAMay 30, 2018
LifeMoves has a comfortable, supportive and casual culture. People work hard but are recognized and appreciated for it. There has been a noticeable improvement in benefits and compensation in the past two years.
Pros
Great people, can work remotely, flexible hours
Cons
Poor family benefit copayment.
Caes Management
Associate Therapist (Current Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAApril 28, 2018
A typical day at work could consist of a variety of highs and lows. Clients range in level of functioning. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with clients and finding affordable housing.
Lovely experience with an awesome team
HR ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAMarch 13, 2018
Work here is fast-paced but teams know how to collaborate and support each other. Management is very caring and always stays on top of their game. Loved how the focus was always clear and kept the main goals of company in sync with all aspects. Awesome place overall.
Great team- everyone works well together
Administration Program Aide (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAMarch 7, 2018
The goal of the company is to find housing for the homeless, and have people become self-sufficient. Over 100 homeless people have been housed within the past year. All the staff work extremely well as a team and support each other daily; however there is high turnover due to the stressful environment. The best part of the job is seeing formerly homeless people find places to live.
Pros
Good salary, medical, dental, life insurance, vacation time
Cons
working extra hours without overtime.
Great Place to work at
would rather not say (Current Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAMay 1, 2017
The people are great to work with, majority of the time. Most do it for the right reasons, I mean who else would work at a Non-Profit getting paid way less in the Bay Area otherwise. Management has had a lot of changes in the past year, some good and some they're still figuring it out. There's a lot of ways to move up with in the organization if you know someone to be honest. Only thing I don't like, seems like favoritism at times. Hardest part of the job is seeing the positions some of these people or families are in when they come to our shelters and the most enjoyable is helping them and seeing the final outcomes of what you've helped them accomplished. Overall, it's a great place to work at, make connections and build your resume.
Good Place
Children's Programs Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAApril 12, 2017
Working at Life Moves was a great experience especially because of the clients. The administration and "higher ups" on the other hand were extremely difficult to work with. You never know what to expect or what they expect. I'd say apply to the place but remember you were warned.
Kind and supportive group of people!
Wellness/Yoga Instructor (Current Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAMarch 9, 2017
I find that everyone that I interact with at Lifemoves cares about their work, cares about their clients and believes that Lifemoves can make a real difference in breaking the cycle of homelessness.
Productive Work Environment with a Mission
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAFebruary 22, 2017
My day entails the overview and responsibility of the accounting department. It is challenging and I enjoy that. The senior leadership team is a great group to work with as we all question, engage and coordinate with each other to make Life Moves a more productive organization.

The workplace culture enhances the work/life balance. We have a mission to help the homeless and that carries over into our work attitudes and activities.

The hardest part of the job is not being able to help as many people as we want. We are constantly working with our grants teams to apply for and request additional funding for our mission.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the people. Life Moves has a great staff and the work environment is very supportive and engaging.
Great company with great colleagues
Program data analyst (Former Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAFebruary 4, 2017
I worked (part time) for lifemoves as program data analyst.
People were really nice and cooperative.
I worked for contracts and compliance department- there was immense lack of transparency.
It will be an excellent place to work if it becomes more inclusive and encourages more face to face communication than too much remote work.
Little bit of accountability from departments will be helpful too.
Remote work is good for people's lives but not when it affects the organization.
Pros
Good place to start
Cons
Not good for career progression, Lack of transparency between departments and serious communication gap.
my review
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAJune 9, 2016
great place to start out at but not long term unless they bring back 401k matching. no longer a company you can achieve long term success.
Fast paced and rewarding work environment.
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAJuly 28, 2015
Knowing you are helping people who have hit a rough patch in life get back to self sufficiency is a very rewarding experience.

I learned so much about government grants and fund accounting.

The hardest part of my job was hearing stories about homeless families and children struggling to get back on their feet.
Amazing Staff, wonderful supervisors, family friendly.
Agency Administrator, (HMIS) (Former Employee) –  Willow Glen, CAMay 11, 2015
I loved working at InnVision where I implemented the database collection for programs and contracts to be within government compliance.
Productive and fun place to work.
Case Manager (Intern) (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 1, 2015
If you're interested in assisting the homeless population, this is the perfect agency to do so. InnVision Shelter Network is one of the largest shelter agencies in the bay area and there is so much opportunity to do good things.
Pros
The amount of opportunity available to find employment with this agency.
Cons
The pay.
Great Experience
Relief Shelter Worker (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAFebruary 28, 2014
• Oversee clients taking medication and documenting
• Document clients behaviors
• Bed Checks and Facility checks
• Distribute supplies to clients
It's a great working enviroment and working towards changing the community.
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burlingame, CAApril 22, 2013
I love my co-workers. I love what I do and I wish I could continue to work alongside them to better the community for as long as I can.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LifeMoves. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5