LifePath Hospice Employee Reviews

Rncc
RN Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Temple Terrace, FLMarch 27, 2018
Lifepath Hospice is a good job.It can be hard when you get attached to your patients. That is a very hard part of the job but what is worse is the driving in traffic for hours. Pushing the clock every minute of the day.
Pros
Flexability
Cons
Too much driving in traffic
Volunteer Position
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 22, 2018
A great place to volunteer. The staff is dedicated to the clients and staff. They go out of the way to help all of the kids they work with. The Camp Circle of Love is the only part I volunteer with but I would highly recommend it to everyone.
Clique culture of ghosting and infighting
Case Manager/Relief Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 4, 2018
This non-profit did not always give its patients and families the services and supplies they required and we're due. Staffing was not as responsive to patient load as it needed to be.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Overwork, unsupportive, suppervisors
Great company to work for: family oriented and patient focused care.
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 3, 2018
Excellent company that facilitates advancement in education and career. Management were exceptional and continues to be motivational force for employees. Tuition reimbursements given to all employees in school. Typical day at work includes medicating patients, educating patients and families; providing hospice presence and building rapport with pt and families to promote trust and comfort.
Pros
free lunch time...
Cons
Families get attached emotionally; families are grateful for hospice.
Lies
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 26, 2017
Answering phone, making scheduled visits. I learned a lot about how not to manage people. Typical work place where upper management trust and believe the wrong staff. You would think it's a caring and compassionate place. But it was anything but that. Numbers is all they care about. I enjoyed talking to the families.
Pros
caring for others
Cons
managment and the games, lying co-workers
I was a volunteer
Office Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Sun City Center, FLOctober 3, 2017
Volunteering was a goal for me for about 15 years. I finally got to achieve it and am so grateful I did. Anyone looking to do something extremely rewarding should look into hospice.
Pros
Very rewarding
Cons
Losing a patient
good place work
HOSPICE AIDE (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 7, 2017
It has a nice family atmosphere, ongoing training, a lot of team support. Inservices offered at no cost. Benefits are great so to plan time with family.
benefits
Cons
census
Great Place to work if you love to care for people.
Continuous Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 28, 2017
LPH is a great place to work. You must love caring for people and be able to handle dying and death. The staff and management is very supportive. They offer great benefits.
Pros
Get to make relationships with families.
Cons
Can be quite difficult to deal with dying and families pain.
Learning experience
Clinical Pharmacist, Pain Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 11, 2017
This job offered a chance to work with the hospice community. I served on several committees and really felt I was part of the entire Hospice family. Hard work, but a very fulfilling and rewarding experience. The Co-worker had totally focused on patient care and it was an honor to work with this organization.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Long Hours
Enjoyable place to work that provided personal growth
Admission Nurse (Former Employee) –  Polk County, FLJune 10, 2017
I was the first full time admission nurse for Polk County. The company sent me to Tampa for a week to train me the proper company policies for doing an admission their way. At first when I wasn't as busy I would go with our marketing representatives and assist them with lunches and continuing education classes.

As an admission nurse I would go to a patient and explain hospice benefits to them then complete the appropriate consents and admission paperwork. I would order the necessary durable medical equipment, the covered medications and inform the rest of the staff that we had a new patient and discuss their medical condition and immediate needs.

I was later responsible to train the nurses that followed to the new Admission Team. Before I left we had 10 nurses as well as a nurse manager.
Pros
Enjoyed my first job where I could perform my duties not confined inside a building.
Cons
Fast growth with the combing of two Hospices.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 24, 2017
A workplace that provides opportunity to realize your dream of contributing positively to your patients' well-being. It allows balance with family demands.
A Good Place
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 3, 2017
It's been a while since I've worked there. I remember very nice coworkers and supervisors, but too many cooks in the kitchen. It was a small company and if a call came in about something the case manager could take care of, suddenly there were five people involved, all getting stressed out about it. I remember asking them to just call me if anything needed done. it would be done much more quickly and with fewer perceived pieces of the sky falling.
Pros
Nice people, including supervisors
Cons
Too many cooks in the kitchen.
Ok place for the status quo
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 20, 2017
Training was good. My boss at the time was unapproachable and hard to communicate with. She would hide behind her phone and have her office door closed. One of the worst bosses I've worked for. Needless to say she didn't stay there long.

The company mission was good and they were very responsive in providing quality care and compassion for the people they served. The employees were great to work with.

Upper management was unapproachable. There was no opportunity for growth or advancement. Bonuses were punitive. I liked that bonuses were based on individual achievement as I almost always hit my monthly bonuses but then they would raise the quota until it was virtually unattainable, which as a sales person, you loose your enthusiasm and drive to reach your goals.
Not fun place to work, your all is never enough
RN Care Coordinator/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 2, 2017
Caseload increasing due to management/corporate refusing to hire new nurses when one leaves. Field nurses required to make 5 nurse visit daily. Documentation is due within 2 hrs of visit. It is difficult to have a balanced work/family life that is why I am leaving. Company culture is centered around nurses throwing eachother under the bus daily.
benefits
Cons
no lunch breaks, poor communication
nice place to work
HHA/CNA (Current Employee) –  Sun City Center, FLOctober 25, 2016
its a very nice place to work though like most places it could be better.i don;t feel appreciated via management.its very good experience for me.for the most part I enjoy my job,and caring for my patients on their last days...I always put myself in their shoes and try to make their last days more enjoyable,peaceful
Pros
close to home
Cons
at times when low census i get cancelled and have to use own pto to get paid
My Thoughts
Team Secretary (Current Employee) –  Temple Terrace, FLOctober 7, 2016
One of the best Clerical experiences and in most cases the work environment was very good. The staff was always very professional
Hospice Care
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ruskin, FLJuly 8, 2016
Very loving and caring environment which cared deeply for patients and their families. Very knowledgeable and rewarding company to work for.
They make you feel like you always need to always have one foot out the door
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 19, 2016
Very stressful place to work. The company demands visit quotas and will constantly warn you about working in a timely manor. Very cost driven company that puts all the pressure on the backs of the people who actually see the patients. Management is always bringing warnings down to the workers in the form of nasty e-mails or written policy changes. The coworkers are just as stressed and are backbiting and charging blame to other coworkers to management. No one ever seems to have enough time and their demands continue to increase.The hardest part of the job is meeting the demands of upper management. They don't seem to take into account problems that arise with some patients.They don't care about traffic issues.Some of the doctors are mean and rude. They don't say it but they do expect you to work off the clock to get things done. Probably why nurses are salary and not hourly. Aside from the negative work environment. These people need us, and when you get through the day if some one was helped then you feel like you did something right for humanity.
Pros
The PTO benefit
Cons
Degrading management
A typical day at Lifepath Hospice
Patient Access Associate (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 3, 2015
Awesome place to work not your typical job, it is truly a calling not your everyday job. This is a job where there is constant change and you must be able to multi task to keep up with the fast flow. There are daily challenges when speaking with patients and families. It is very common the get the first phone call from someone that has just been told either they or their loved ones have a very poor prognosis. The hardest part of being a patient access associate is when you get a referral that is a baby or a young child, one can only imagine how crushed the parents must feel. The team I work with is a very close knit team and we work as one unit. We are there for each other and help each other through the difficult phone calls. When I leave the office in the evening as long as I know I have touched at least one patient or families heart and have made the difference in their day that is what matters to me.
Pros
Helping the community
Cons
Knowing there are so many terminal folks in the community
Patient focused
Patient Access Associate, LPN (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 28, 2015
The mission of LifePath Hospice is met by most employees. Compassionate care is extended to clients and families. Management is understanding and compassionate as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LifePath Hospice. Our community is ready to answer.