LifePoint Health Employee Reviews

LifePoint life work balance
Director Cardiopulmonary (Current Employee) –  Wytheville, VAJuly 10, 2018
I have enjoyed working at WCCH in a leadership position. I believe we promote our mission and senior management supports their leadership team to accomplish our goals.
Pros
Flexible schedule, leadership support
Cons
nursing shortage
Great culture, not a lot of upward movement
MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNJuly 7, 2018
Great place to work. Leadership is very personable. Minimal opportunities for growth, have to aggressively them out. Benefits are good and on site gym is really nice.
Pros
Culture, nice leadership
Cons
Stagnant when it comes to opportunities
Competitive Workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winchester, KYJune 11, 2018
LifePoint is Corporate and those in Management especially in the specialty fields really care for their employees. It is difficult for them to care on a personal basis due to corporate instruction. The local people in this company truly care. If you work hard and don't have any issues, you will be fine.
Friendly environment and supportive management
QA Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNMay 10, 2018
Great place to work! Co-workers and those within other departments were always friendly and helpful. One of the things I really liked about LifePoint, is how much they are involved in charity organizations and embrace employee participation. That really spoke volumes to me.
Very uncertain and unorganized place to work
LPN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Roxboro, NCMay 2, 2018
Frequent management changes, uncertain job stability. Often too many responsibilities placed on employees without the time needed to complete tasks assigned.
over all
CEO (Former Employee) –  Maysville, KYMay 1, 2018
good company be ready to move around at the order of the company.

I am an advocate but the company needs to deside if it is a rural hospital company or a big city company...cant be everything to everyone.
A good company that may have taken on too much
Director (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNApril 17, 2018
LifePoint has a strong vision and a very respectable mission, but since it was limiting itself to rural and under-served areas, the revenues were always low. That made funding hard to come by. Leadership was competitive and often unforgiving. In the right departments, the company was good. The company, though, was growing very fast and not able to assimilate all of its acquisitions effectively, so it may encounter problems in the future.
Grate team work. Supportive, friendly, carring staff. Grate supervisors.
Staff Nurse RN ER (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, KYApril 11, 2018
Work with the best group of skilled nurses and best supervisors you could find anywhere. Because of there grate support and like mindedness of providing the highest skilled nursing care in the most efficient way, I worked there for 13 yrs. ER is a fast pace department but we had a well oiled machine of team players and Doctor's/PA's that had our back. I really miss all the staff there and wish them well.
Pros
Grate work environment. Top place to work.
Cons
N/a
EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT STAFF RN (Former Employee) –  Ville Platte, LAApril 4, 2018
Good place to work. Staff worked as a team. Management was fair and tried to help arrange work schedule with personal needs. ER Physicians were easy to work with.
System build
Senior Clinical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNMarch 9, 2018
Meet managers to determine current and future workflow. Design system and build to meet what is needed for the hospital to meet staff, patient, and government requirements.
Pros
Fantastic team to work with
great place
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNMarch 6, 2018
Wonderful place to work. I wish I had never left. You would be lucky to work here. I just wish that it had more room for advancement. The building and gym is awesome.
Great Contract Position
Ambulatory Clinical Adoption Training Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNFebruary 26, 2018
I was hired on as a Implementation consultant and worked a contract for a few months. It was 100% travel and I went from Hickory, NC to Columbia, SC during the course of my assignment. Management always tried to make themselves available for any issues or questions, and they did not micro-manage.
Pros
All Expenses Paid
Cons
Temporary assignment
Fun work environment, structured and organized
Tax Accountant (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNFebruary 24, 2018
Awesome place to work, management is very willing to listen and teach to help you gain knowledge and experience, the workplace is very friendly, awesome break room and workout center.
Stressful, constant threat of layoffs
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNFebruary 22, 2018
After a glowing performance appraisal 4 month's later i was laid off at Lifepoint HSC in Brentwood. This was the 3rd layoff in one year. All good people, now their lives disrupted. Meanwhile the CEO made $12m. This was a down year for him. It has been much more in years past. The O's are bleeding this little company dry, meanwhile threaten to lay off everytime the stock dips.
The other bad thing is that the vast majority of the people at Corporate HQ are computer nerds or accountants with no clinical background who don't know anything about caringfor a patient. Good people but that's who is making their healthcare decisions, absolutely solely based on $ and not customer service or patient care.
Pros
Occasionally get breakfast brought in.
Cons
Stressful, competition among peers due to constant layoffs
HSC Employee
HSC Employee (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNFebruary 19, 2018
Due to healthcare reform and other issues, the culture at LifePoint has changed in the past few years. LifePoint has become much more "corporate". Career advancement is difficult unless you are hired in at Sr. Director, Vice President, etc. or above. I think many good people are overlooked for opportunities because the company seems to like to hire outside applicants over internal promotions. It doesn't seem like loyalty or time with the company matters that much to LifePoint.
Pros
Great people to work with at the HSC & the facilities.
Cons
Benefits are expensive, lack of career advancement, difficult market for hospitals
Great Company
CEO (Current Employee) –  Flemingsburg, KYFebruary 12, 2018
Great Company that has Great Leadership and plenty of
Room for advancement. Lifepoint Health Promotes from Within and focuses on a Culture of Safety.
Pros
Great Company
Good company overall
Credentialing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNFebruary 11, 2018
Good company, great health benefits. There is no support or suggestions on additional training for gaining knowledge in the job/field for non experience employees. High volume, will not hire additional employees

Employees must either take a whole day off for doctor visits to use sick time, or make up time we miss. We cannot use just a few hours of the time we were out of the office.
Pros
Great Benefits, fitness center, occasional free breakfast
Very productive
Senior Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNFebruary 9, 2018
I enjoyed my position at LifePoint and worked with a great group of people. Had a very supportive boss and great working relationship. Worked with and supported 130+ employees. The department I worked in had a very relaxed atmosphere. The most enjoyable part of my job was my relationship with those I worked for. We worked as a team. There was no drama.
Collaborative, team oriented culture
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNJanuary 30, 2018
Collaborative, team oriented culture focused on making communities healthier. The company places a focus on employee work life balance and providing great benefits.
LifePoint Health
SENIOR MORCARE ANALYST - CONTRACTOR (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNJanuary 25, 2018
I worked with great people, learned a lot and enjoyed the job. I was the analyst for completing the upgrade of MorCare. Was the Project Manager for the upgrade. Enjoyed the job.
Pros
Good culture, great boss, enjoyed the job
Cons
Contract was cut short due to budget, not expected

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LifePoint Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight